Hey, I'm finally caught up (at least with what you've posted so far).

There are so many things I loved about this part. Of course you've made me hungry for a sundae... maybe one day I'll figure out if it's similar to what McDonald's sells as a dessert. What you described in here sounds quite different, and certainly makes me wonder whether I can bear a 12-hour-flight for the sake of chocolate. Hmm... maybe not. wink

What I loved the most about this section, though, was the conversation between Lois and Clark when he asked her if he had reminded her of Claude at first. I love the underlining revelation about Lois there: she acts tough because she never had a choice; is was eat or be eaten. She got eaten one time too many, and Clark, her next partner, forced upon her at that, was bound to be someone she resented.

I also loved, in the previous section, Clark's reminiscence of what first made him aware that his powers could be dangerous for humans when he loses control. The experience with Lana must have traumatised him big time. frown So it really makes sense he would want to avoid all kind of risk now, especially with a woman he loves. Besides, what he went through with Trask was another reminder that he's different and therefore *can* easily hurt people with his abilities.

So I'm on the edge of my seat so far and I'll certainly await the next part eagerly. Oh, wait, already have the next part. *Ducks and runs before she gets lynched.*

K-atch-me-if-you-can-ethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~