Ah... <waffy sigh> That was so lovely. Yeah, I think Lois is in love <g>

I think it's ironic that she thinks if it were all left to her they'd never get anywhere -- she's been pushing herself very hard lately, while Clark never would. Or at least, not as such smile This is my favorite bit:

“Surprise you into kissing me… to make your nervousness go away… or just not be a factor?”

“Ok. Yeah. I guess that’s stupid – I - “ She left off with a squeal as he moved suddenly faster than she could really see, and suddenly she found herself swept up and cradled in his arms.

“What…” Her voice was a startled gasp, but before she could complete her sentence, his lips descended quickly down on hers, and he kissed her gently.

Moments later, he lifted his head, and looked into her eyes to see how she was taking this.

“Surprise,” he whispered gently.
I can't even find words to tell you how much I love that part. And I can picture the look on his face when he says it, and... whew. Really, how could she (or anyone <g> ) *not* be in love with him?!?

PJ
Btw, I'm still compiling all these story parts into one humongous Word file -- up to 314 pages! goofy ... Maybe I should put a note about that in the TOC, so people who want to catch up can just get one huge file instead of 51 links in various places... Unless you'd rather I didn't. smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K