Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: folc4evernaday Kerth 2022 Challenges - 01/09/22 02:38 AM
Happy 2022 everyone! wave

This Kerth season we will be including a total of fourteen challenges to hopefully stir up some fun inspiration for fics as we count down to the 2022 Kerths.

Each challenge will be posted on Sunday. Your response can be either PG / NFIC rated just be sure to include the Challenge # when responding.

If you have a challenge you'd like to add to the mix just PM any of the KCOM and we'll add it in the weekly postings.
Kerth Challenge #1: The Necklace

Write a story that begins with this line: He told her to never wear the necklace.

Kerth Challenge #2: Downhill
A character starts off happy and ends up sad.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Kerth 2022 Challenges - 01/17/22 11:07 PM
My response to Challenge #2 - Borrowed Happiness
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Kerth 2022 Challenges - 01/18/22 11:17 AM
My contribution to Challenge #1 (The Necklace Incident) is here:
https://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthr...cklace-incident-1-1-kc-1-2022#Post290833
Posted By: folc4evernaday Weekly Kerth Challenge#3: First Line - 01/22/22 10:45 PM
Kerth Challenge #3: First Line

Write a story that includes the following line of dialogue: “I don’t care. I’m not sorry I did it.”
Posted By: folc4evernaday Weekly Kerth Challenge#4: Lyric - 01/30/22 11:06 PM
Kerth Challenge #4: Lyrics

The lyrics to the next song you hear are now the title of your fic. What are the lyrics and how do they relate to the fic?
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: Weekly Kerth Challenge#4: Lyric - 01/31/22 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Kerth Challenge # shocked4: Lyrics

The lyrics to the next song you hear are now the title of your fic. What are the lyrics and how do they relate to the fic?

As I checked the post ‘I’ll Make A Man Out Of You’ from Mulan was playing shocked

Good thing it’s the next song I hear!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Weekly Kerth Challenge#4: Lyric - 01/31/22 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by Toomi8

As I checked the post ‘I’ll Make A Man Out Of You’ from Mulan was playing shocked

I can totally see that working though! Remember how Lois mentions that Jimmy taught her to hotwire a car (I think that was it) in the Pilot? She was undercover as a man busting a car theft ring. Jimmy could totally have his Li Shang moment!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Kerth 2022 Challenges - 01/31/22 03:53 AM
Also, whoops! I forgot to link my response to Challenge #1 which can be found here.
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: Weekly Kerth Challenge#4: Lyric - 01/31/22 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

I can totally see that working though! Remember how Lois mentions that Jimmy taught her to hotwire a car (I think that was it) in the Pilot? She was undercover as a man busting a car theft ring. Jimmy could totally have his Li Shang moment!

Haha, you are so right. My mind immediately went to the nfic side of things. jump
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Weekly Kerth Challenge#4: Lyric - 01/31/22 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Haha, you are so right. My mind immediately went to the nfic side of things. jump

Oh for sure! First place my mind went too! But yeah, had to find a gfic way of making it work as well. smile
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: Kerth 2022 Challenges - 02/05/22 12:01 AM
My response to challenge #4

The Sound of Silence
Posted By: folc4evernaday Weekly Kerth Challenge#5: Guilty - 02/05/22 08:23 PM
Kerth Challenge #5: Guilty

A person is on trial for a serious crime, and though the evidence points to the contrary, s/he swears innocence.

Write this character’s testimony – how does s/he explain his/her innocence?
Kerth Challenge #6: Missing File

During the investigation, a journalist comes upon a very interesting file on a suspect's computer.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Kerth 2022 Challenges - 02/19/22 05:54 AM
Me: (Driving around peacefully, running errands, listening to the local classic rock station.)

My muse: "Oh, I can use this! Ever feel like fleshing out Cat Grant into an actual human being?"

Me: "Uh, no? Not really? Besides, I still have to go to the grocery store."

My muse: "That's nice. Here's the story, hope you're taking notes."

Bad Reputation
Posted By: folc4evernaday Weekly Kerth Challenge#7: Monologue - 02/22/22 07:52 PM
Kerth Challenge #7: Monlogue

Choose a monologue from a movie or T.V. show and have a character from the show use it in their argument (personal/professional).

The more out there the better!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Weekly Kerth Challenge#8: Five Words - 02/27/22 03:16 PM
Kerth Challenge #8: Five Words

Write a fic containing the below five words.
  • Clobber
  • Divorce
  • Stretch
  • Knee
  • Elbow

Posted By: folc4evernaday Weekly Kerth Challenge#9: Unjust - 03/06/22 11:41 PM
Kerth Challenge #9: Unjust

An unjust judge is tormented with the guilt over lost souls that have been railroaded and decides to come forward.
Posted By: lovetvfan Re: Weekly Kerth Challenge#9: Unjust - 03/11/22 03:40 AM
My response to Challenge #4:

https://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthr...lenge-open-all-night-complete#Post291306
Kerth Challenge #10: Seven Words

Write a one-page story in which every sentence is exactly seven words long.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Kerth 2022 Challenges - 03/12/22 08:12 PM
The seven-word challenge is fun for me.

Here's my story in response to it.

wink
Posted By: folc4evernaday Weekly Kerth Challenge#11: Alexis - 03/20/22 06:28 PM
Kerth Challenge #11: Alexis

Imagine an Alternate Universe where Lex Luthor was born as Alexis Luthor. How might this have changed the world we love in Lois and Clark?.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Weekly Kerth Challenge#11: Alexis - 03/31/22 02:45 AM

Kerth Challenge #12: Good Guy
Imagine a world where one of the criminals in the show turns out to be a good guy.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Kerth 2022 Challenges - 04/01/22 04:16 AM
Another one for prompt #4. I got inspired by the Broadway show, Avenue Q, which is basically a VERY adult Sesame Street and is as hilarious as it sounds.

There's A Fine, Fine Line
Kerth Challenge #13: Jimmy’s New Friend

Jimmy has a new friend ….that is also a criminal. Who is it?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards