Just a silly little thing to respond to the first Kerth Challenge.

Te Necklace Incident
by BlindPassenger

He told her to never wear the necklace. Should she continue to do so, there would be no chance for a relationship, he told her.

She didn't understand what was his problem. For her, the necklace was important. It was one of the last memories she had from her parents, to remind her of them.

And she was always fascinated with the soft glow that seemed to come from it. An intense, green light that seemed to be from beyond that world.

So, she really didn't get the problem. But for him, she would try to remember and respect his wish.

Until one day, she didn't.

It has been a very bad day for her and she just needed something to comfort her. To make her feel less alone. So she put on the necklace. And forgot to put it off again before her date with him this evening.

At 7 pm, Clark Kent rang on her door, excited to spent some time with his beautiful girlfriend. She opened the door and...

It was as if he were thrown back, he fell onto his butt and started to howl in pain.

She didn't knew what to do and began to panic. To make things worse, his condition seemed to get worse when she came closer to him. After five devastating minutes, he finally fel unconscicious. She called the Kents. Fifteen minutes later, a shattered Jonathan Kent came over to take care of Clark, and took him home.

"It's OK, he needs to rest!" That's what he said to er. She was not so sure.

The enxt day at school, she was confronted with an angry Clark.

"There was one thing I told you not to do to make this relatinship work. ONE THING. And you were unable to do this for me? I'm getting the impression our relationship is not as important for you as I thought it is."

"Clark, I don't understand..."

"I know. But in a relationship, we need to trust each other with things. That's important. And that may seem unfair to you, but I feel I can't trust you there. So, I'm sorry, but that's it for us."

She was shocked. Why? What had she done wrong?

"Are you sure? Can't we try to talk this out?"

"I wish we could. But there are a whole lot of things behind that. It's just...complicated. for the record, I enjoyed our time together."

"I did, too. Well, if that's it... Goodbye Clark!" she said with a sad tone in her voice.

"I'm sorry. Farewell, Lana!"

As always, FDK apreciated.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.