Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Shadow FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 07/13/06 04:36 PM
Lois would have danger for breakfast if she could.
laugh Just had to laugh at that!

Anyway, great part! I need an emoticon that will punch a fist in the air and imitate me lol. Clark and Perry are on the case, Lois is digging at the morgue... :fistpunch: Luthor's so coming down.

Way to make up for last week's torture!
JD
laugh
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 07/14/06 02:24 AM
Well, I haven't been able to comment until now, because the story has been too harrowing. (In fact, I haven't even been able to read it properly - I've really just been skimming the horrible Luthor parts.)

Anyway, this chapter is very hopeful and promising. Clark is on the case, and he's enlisting Perry's help. And I thought that part with Lois in the morgue was extremely fascinating and brilliantly written - the way you built the tension, the way Lois is so incredibly in denial, but the way her denial is, hopefully, beginning to crack....

Keep it coming! Of course, the next time there is a really horrible Luthor chapter I'll just be skimming the part again, reading with my eyes half-closed. But that's just me, you know. I'm so, so hopeful that you'll bring this to a happy ending after all, but no doubt after the sort of rollercoaster ride that will be scary enough to probably be illegal.... wink

Ann
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 07/16/06 07:21 AM
Aww, no more angst with Lois and Lex for now? As much shivers I had running down my spine, that scene was wonderful! So I am sad as an angst-lover to see that scene is over. All right, I also know the story has to move forward and you did that just great!

The scene between Alice and Perry was hilarious. I can just picture him being annoyed with his overbearing wife now that he has to spend most of his time with her. I can only imagine how happy he must have been when he found Clark on his doorstep. And I'm really curious now to how much Clark will tell him about Lois and Paris. Somehow I think that no matter how little he says, Perry will figure it all out in a finger snap. wink

So nice to see Lois going back to her old habits! I hope she can draw some strenght out of it and finally tell Lex she wants a divorce. But that will get really hard with her new-found knowledge about her husband.

Ready for more when you are, Kae! I know I'm not leaving feedback as often as I should, but I'm still reading and loving every new section! So I hope you found your muse back in Canada. <g>

Sas smile
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 07/19/06 10:19 AM
Fabulous! I have to take a moment just to tell you how thrilled I am that you are continuing this story. I have been kicking myself for the past 3 weeks for all the time I have missed in this fandom as I only really started reading fanfiction for it about a month ago. Yesterday, as has been my recent pleasure, I was sitting at work and making my way through your stories when I started reading the first part of this story. Not finishing it at work (because damnit… I actually had to do some work toward the end of the day) I raced home and continued it there. I got to the end… and was like…

NOOOOOOOOO!!

I saw it was written like 6 years ago and became a bit saddened by this. But such is the way of fanfiction and I know this myself as a writer that sometimes the muses for particular stories just don’t come back. I bemoaned this a bit in the #lanekent channel and was pleasantly surprised and delighted to find that you had recently started writing again. I guess I did find an upside to joining the fandom late though. I didn’t have to wait to long for this story! Ha! (Hey I have to look for an upside somewhere.)

So I spent most of my morning at work devouring these. These scenes with Lex make me shiver! Oh what a great job you do at making him evil! I’m excited about Perry coming back to help out with taking Lex down and hopefully we will see some of Jimmy as well?

Anyway, I suppose the point of this long rambling is to let you know that I am truly happy to see that you are writing this one again and if nothing else you have made one person really happy. Thank you for sharing your wonderful stories with us. smile
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 07/20/06 09:05 AM
Hi!!! I am on vacation and at an internet cafe, so I can't say much, because it's like 10 pounds for a minute (well that's an exaggeration, but basically...) wink

But, I want to tell you that I am LOVING this!!!! Seriously smile

Can't wait to see where you're taking the story!

Nicole smile
Posted By: RetroRose Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 07/21/06 11:01 AM
Kae,
I know LTNS blush .... but, imagine my surprise to find NWH II. clap

S (who maybe MIA for a while, but is still around wink )
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 08/02/06 06:46 PM
Digging this up to see how Kae is doing .... and if she's had any progress on the next part?!?!?!? blush

I know RL has been busy for ya Kae ..... but I'm still waiting for part 9!!! notworthy
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 08/08/06 07:16 AM
Guess I'm the only one still interested in this story?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!? huh
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 08/09/06 10:16 AM
Dropping in for Kae... she's been in Canada on holiday and been very busy. She returned to France yesterday/early this morning French time.

She says that the next chapter is almost ready to go to BRs and will be posted just as soon as she can manage - and that it's really encouraging to hear that people are demanding more of the story.

Wendy smile
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 08/09/06 03:07 PM
Originally posted by SuperGEM:
Guess I'm the only one still interested in this story?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!? huh
Definitely not wink I'm still around whenever there's another part!

Jen
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 09/04/06 10:52 PM
Been almost a month since Wendy's update ... did I miss the next part somehow? Everything ok with Kae? huh
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 09/05/06 10:27 AM
I owe you all a big apology for being so late in posting the next part. Real Life has been crazy, especially with back to school last week (as a teacher, not a student wink ) The beginning of the year is always a bit complicated with my first and second graders, but hey, I'm already feeling more organised and I'm keeping Tuesday and Friday nights for writing, and Belonging is definitely top of the list.

Again, I'm really, really sorry and I hope you're still going to be around for the following parts. smile

Thank you all again!

Kae smile
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 09/06/06 05:36 PM
*raises hand*

I'll be here. laugh
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 10/06/06 07:37 PM
Hi, Kaethel. I JUST finished reading the first Near Wild Heaven over at the archive about two minutes ago. (The first time I went through the archive, I wasn't in the mood for such a long fic.) I think I'm going to wait until this sequel is finished before I read it, but I just thought I'd let you know that I LOVED the story, and do look forward to reading the sequel--whenever that happens.
Posted By: ultragirl Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 10/06/06 09:20 PM
Since this topic has been "refreshed" recently, I guess I'll ask the question that's on everyone's minds...

Where are the next parts? huh

I can completely understand RL becoming a distraction/problem/or whatever you wanna call it, but might it be possible to give us some sort of ETP (Estimated Time of Posting wink )? I know I am not the only one here eager for more!

notworthy

Thanks!
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 10/06/06 11:31 PM
Hah, it's amazing how wild real life gets. I saw this thread updated, and I said, hey I remember that story! laugh

Anyway, don't worry if your RL is wild too, but I'll still be around whenever you finally find time to update.

wink
Jen
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 12/09/06 11:02 AM
Is Kae OK? huh It has been 5 months since we last saw this story, I understand RL getting in the way but I never thought it would take her this long to post a new part? frown I'm worried and anxious, this is the one story I was following with bated breath! Anyone know anything? confused
Posted By: alcyone Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 12/09/06 11:31 AM
We're in luck! Check out her post here
Posted By: LolaDane Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 12/09/06 01:12 PM
This is great news!!! Welcome back Kae, and can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves for the fanfic. I'm still behind you on getting NWH II FINISHED!!!!!!!! haha...

Lola
Posted By: kateydidnt Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 12/21/06 08:44 PM
Fantastic! I love this story. I am looking forward to more.
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 12/22/06 09:48 PM
still no word on where this story is????? huh
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 12/23/06 11:26 PM
huh
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 12/26/06 01:53 PM
I'm here, I'm here! And thank you so much, all, for your continuing support on this story even though it's been months since I last posted a part. huh Me bad, I know! I can't give you an ETP yet, because I'm afraid that giving one will jinx me and make it another several months before I actually post. We really don't want that to happen, do we? wink

Anyway, I'm still here, still writing, and hoping I can post the next part soon. smile

Kaethel smile
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 12/27/06 12:51 PM
notworthy

p.s. sorry can't type well, too sore since my surgery - so i rely a lot on emoticons lol. just glad you are ok kae!
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 02/20/07 11:23 PM
I hate to be a pest, but is the next part *EVER* going to be posted?!? blush

Just wondering, it has been a VERY long time ...

huh
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 02/24/07 06:01 PM
Wow.

No response from anyone, huh?

Well nevermind then.

I guess the story is just gone and forgotten?
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 02/25/07 01:18 PM
Hey SuperGEM!!

No, no, the story's not done and forgotten. I told you (and myself) I would not write anything else until NWH II is done and posted. And I have kept my word!! Problem is, I haven't written anything else NOR NWHII... The Muse is facing a huge writer's block, and Real Life is being a pain (not in a fun kind of way though) in a way that's keeping my mind away from romance. :p

By all means keep nagging though. I can't tell you how grateful I am to see you still want to read it. I just need to get back into the momentum of writing...

Kae smile (seeking inspiration)
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 03/03/07 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Kaethel:
I told you (and myself) I would not write anything else until NWH II is done and posted. And I have kept my word!! Problem is, I haven't written anything else NOR NWHII... The Muse is facing a huge writer's block, (seeking inspiration)
wallbash Thus placing yourself in a mental straight jacket wallbash

Break your block by writing something else. Doesn't have to be much or long or even L&C !
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 03/03/07 12:22 PM
I agree. If something else is brewing, write it! I love everything you write so it will make me happy to see other things from you as well.

Inspiration will probably strike you for this one while you are in the middle of writing another one. LOL Can't hurt to try?
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 03/04/07 01:21 AM
Oh I wish something else was brewing! I did try last night (I have a Doctor Who series in the works that I haven't touched in months.) Wrote one line and that was it. Pffffuit. Nothing.

Kae huh
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 05/01/07 01:57 PM
Oh I wish something else was brewing! I did try last night (I have a Doctor Who series in the works that I haven't touched in months.) Wrote one line and that was it. Pffffuit. Nothing.

Kae huh
I know I'm being a horrible nag, but I'm just checking in to see if you've had any luck with that writer's block? What can we do to help?

I'm DYING for this story to be continued and finished. blush

This is why I've stopped reading fic here LOL, it is too painful when stories get dropped right in the middle of the good stuff. wink
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 05/06/07 12:58 AM
Is anyone besides me interested in this story anymore? blush
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 05/18/07 06:51 PM
Is Kae OK? She hasn't posted on the board anywhere in weeks. huh
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 05/20/07 01:50 AM
Sorry, guys. I truly don't know what to say...

I have been out and about lately. I go out a lot, and me living with my parents means I'm much less online than I used to, not to mention I got sucked into another fandom and have... uh... been writing there.

Don't yell at me just yet! I hadn't had that much fun writing since Lois and Clark, and so in a way it means there's quite a good chance for me to end up finishing NWH II at some point.

No worry this time: when I do post the next part, I'll have the entire thing ready on my hard drive. smile

Once again please forgive me for being such an unreliable poster when it comes to fanfic...

Kaethel smile
Posted By: lcfan4ever Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 05/20/07 02:33 AM
... not to mention I got sucked into another fandom and have... uh... been writing there.
*sniff* mecry . May I ask which fandom? Maybe it's something some of us are also interested in ... wink laugh
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 05/20/07 08:21 AM
... not to mention I got sucked into another fandom and have... uh... been writing there.
Good for you hyper
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 05/27/07 01:54 PM
I can't say I'm not extremely depressed and disappointed, but I am glad you're OK Kae. smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 06/09/07 02:06 AM
It's a fandom for a German TV show called Verliebt in Berlin and I'm writing in French (for the first time in my life, actually)

BUT like I said, it's one step towards writing Lois and Clark, because for the past 2 years I didn't write much at all, whereas over there I've written over 30 pages in less than a month.

So it's a good sign!

Kae smile
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 09/22/07 12:18 PM
Any progress Kae? Or should I just give up hope on ever seeing this story again? frown

I hate to say it, but I've given up fanfic over this. After 12 years of loving and reading fanfic, I have almost no interest anymore. I've just been so depressed over yet another story being dropped, that I don't want to get hooked on any more stories that might never be finished.

Ever since the trailer for NWH II, I've been looking forward to this story - and I just hate the thought that it might never see the light of day again.

I know life happens and I certainly understand that better than anyone. Believe me. But if there's no chance it will ever be completed, please just say so and I'll stop holding out hope.

On another note, I see Kae has not posted anything on the boards - anywhere - since June? So I honestly do hope she is OK!?!
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 09/22/07 12:48 PM
Yep, I'm totally okay smile Sorry guys, I've been terrible at keeping up with things lately, including posting to the boards. blush

SuperGEM, I truly don't want to be responsible for you not wanting to read fics in progress any more! Thank goodness most people aren't like me and they post very regularly. I'm getting better at writing and posting at the same time and keeping up with things, but the Muse is still silent as far as NWH II is concerned. However, I'm still determined to finish it. I'm convinced that at some point, the dormant L&C Muse will come back and I'll be productive again.

Sorry again for making you all wait!

Kaethel smile
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 09/22/07 12:54 PM
Glad you're OK! smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 09/22/07 12:57 PM
Btw SuperGEM, you've got mail. laugh

Kae smile
Posted By: huenguyen8 Re: FDK: Near Wild Heaven II, Part 8 - 01/28/08 07:13 PM
Kathelyn when are going to finish the second part to Near Wild Heave part 2 I am eager to read the continuation
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards