Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois would have danger for breakfast if she could.
laugh Just had to laugh at that!

Anyway, great part! I need an emoticon that will punch a fist in the air and imitate me lol. Clark and Perry are on the case, Lois is digging at the morgue... :fistpunch: Luthor's so coming down.

Way to make up for last week's torture!
JD
laugh

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, I haven't been able to comment until now, because the story has been too harrowing. (In fact, I haven't even been able to read it properly - I've really just been skimming the horrible Luthor parts.)

Anyway, this chapter is very hopeful and promising. Clark is on the case, and he's enlisting Perry's help. And I thought that part with Lois in the morgue was extremely fascinating and brilliantly written - the way you built the tension, the way Lois is so incredibly in denial, but the way her denial is, hopefully, beginning to crack....

Keep it coming! Of course, the next time there is a really horrible Luthor chapter I'll just be skimming the part again, reading with my eyes half-closed. But that's just me, you know. I'm so, so hopeful that you'll bring this to a happy ending after all, but no doubt after the sort of rollercoaster ride that will be scary enough to probably be illegal.... wink

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww, no more angst with Lois and Lex for now? As much shivers I had running down my spine, that scene was wonderful! So I am sad as an angst-lover to see that scene is over. All right, I also know the story has to move forward and you did that just great!

The scene between Alice and Perry was hilarious. I can just picture him being annoyed with his overbearing wife now that he has to spend most of his time with her. I can only imagine how happy he must have been when he found Clark on his doorstep. And I'm really curious now to how much Clark will tell him about Lois and Paris. Somehow I think that no matter how little he says, Perry will figure it all out in a finger snap. wink

So nice to see Lois going back to her old habits! I hope she can draw some strenght out of it and finally tell Lex she wants a divorce. But that will get really hard with her new-found knowledge about her husband.

Ready for more when you are, Kae! I know I'm not leaving feedback as often as I should, but I'm still reading and loving every new section! So I hope you found your muse back in Canada. <g>

Sas smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fabulous! I have to take a moment just to tell you how thrilled I am that you are continuing this story. I have been kicking myself for the past 3 weeks for all the time I have missed in this fandom as I only really started reading fanfiction for it about a month ago. Yesterday, as has been my recent pleasure, I was sitting at work and making my way through your stories when I started reading the first part of this story. Not finishing it at work (because damnit… I actually had to do some work toward the end of the day) I raced home and continued it there. I got to the end… and was like…

NOOOOOOOOO!!

I saw it was written like 6 years ago and became a bit saddened by this. But such is the way of fanfiction and I know this myself as a writer that sometimes the muses for particular stories just don’t come back. I bemoaned this a bit in the #lanekent channel and was pleasantly surprised and delighted to find that you had recently started writing again. I guess I did find an upside to joining the fandom late though. I didn’t have to wait to long for this story! Ha! (Hey I have to look for an upside somewhere.)

So I spent most of my morning at work devouring these. These scenes with Lex make me shiver! Oh what a great job you do at making him evil! I’m excited about Perry coming back to help out with taking Lex down and hopefully we will see some of Jimmy as well?

Anyway, I suppose the point of this long rambling is to let you know that I am truly happy to see that you are writing this one again and if nothing else you have made one person really happy. Thank you for sharing your wonderful stories with us. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi!!! I am on vacation and at an internet cafe, so I can't say much, because it's like 10 pounds for a minute (well that's an exaggeration, but basically...) wink

But, I want to tell you that I am LOVING this!!!! Seriously smile

Can't wait to see where you're taking the story!

Nicole smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Kae,
I know LTNS blush .... but, imagine my surprise to find NWH II. clap

S (who maybe MIA for a while, but is still around wink )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Digging this up to see how Kae is doing .... and if she's had any progress on the next part?!?!?!? blush

I know RL has been busy for ya Kae ..... but I'm still waiting for part 9!!! notworthy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Guess I'm the only one still interested in this story?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!? huh

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dropping in for Kae... she's been in Canada on holiday and been very busy. She returned to France yesterday/early this morning French time.

She says that the next chapter is almost ready to go to BRs and will be posted just as soon as she can manage - and that it's really encouraging to hear that people are demanding more of the story.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by SuperGEM:
Guess I'm the only one still interested in this story?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!? huh
Definitely not wink I'm still around whenever there's another part!

Jen

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Been almost a month since Wendy's update ... did I miss the next part somehow? Everything ok with Kae? huh

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Top Banana
Top Banana
I owe you all a big apology for being so late in posting the next part. Real Life has been crazy, especially with back to school last week (as a teacher, not a student wink ) The beginning of the year is always a bit complicated with my first and second graders, but hey, I'm already feeling more organised and I'm keeping Tuesday and Friday nights for writing, and Belonging is definitely top of the list.

Again, I'm really, really sorry and I hope you're still going to be around for the following parts. smile

Thank you all again!

Kae smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
*raises hand*

I'll be here. laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Kaethel. I JUST finished reading the first Near Wild Heaven over at the archive about two minutes ago. (The first time I went through the archive, I wasn't in the mood for such a long fic.) I think I'm going to wait until this sequel is finished before I read it, but I just thought I'd let you know that I LOVED the story, and do look forward to reading the sequel--whenever that happens.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Since this topic has been "refreshed" recently, I guess I'll ask the question that's on everyone's minds...

Where are the next parts? huh

I can completely understand RL becoming a distraction/problem/or whatever you wanna call it, but might it be possible to give us some sort of ETP (Estimated Time of Posting wink )? I know I am not the only one here eager for more!

notworthy

Thanks!

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hah, it's amazing how wild real life gets. I saw this thread updated, and I said, hey I remember that story! laugh

Anyway, don't worry if your RL is wild too, but I'll still be around whenever you finally find time to update.

wink
Jen

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Is Kae OK? huh It has been 5 months since we last saw this story, I understand RL getting in the way but I never thought it would take her this long to post a new part? frown I'm worried and anxious, this is the one story I was following with bated breath! Anyone know anything? confused

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Features Writer
Features Writer
We're in luck! Check out her post here

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is great news!!! Welcome back Kae, and can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves for the fanfic. I'm still behind you on getting NWH II FINISHED!!!!!!!! haha...

Lola

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Blogger
Blogger
Fantastic! I love this story. I am looking forward to more.

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard