Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KathyB Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/05/03 10:14 PM
Thanks to a certain special BR who got this all edited for us while I was on vacation this week (thanks Kaethel!), Annie and I were able to get part one ready for posting tonight.

Hope you like it! Comments appreciated. smile

Oh, and just in case anyone is curious, there will be no TEs, so feel free to just read and have fun. smile

Kathy (and Annie) smile
Posted By: Shadow Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/05/03 10:21 PM
Oh wow.

Lucy's dating a normal guy.

Lois is drunk.

And Clark has no idea what's in store for him at the bar.

Keep it coming! hyper
Jen
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/05/03 11:23 PM
Kathy and Annie,

I have been looking forward to reading this for a long time -- and I am definately not disappointed. It was absolutely wonderful -- and so funny!

from Lucy's descriptions, she imagined "The Quantity Bar" would have been a more fitting name.
LOL! I wish I knew of a "quantity bar".

Lois is such a nice sister to do whatever Lucy wanted for her birthday.

Lucy's comments about the way that Lois dresses are so similar to the way that my sister talks to me smile . Apparently, I am way too frumpy for her tastes. I love how Lucy knows exactly what Lois should wear to the bar without even being there. I wonder if Lucy raided her closet in advanced and deliberately picked out the outfit.

Still, the neighborhood seemed nice enough ... she'd certainly met snitches in worse places, at least.
That is not saying much for the neighborhood wink . Lois meets sources in a lot of horrible places.

Wow, Lucy's boyfriend sounds great! Good looking, smart, and can make a great Long Island Ice Tea... and wants Lucy to get her degree. what else could you ask for in a guy? Oh well, he could be Clark... but that's about the only thing that would make him better <g>.

What do you suggest, Jerry? I seem to remember you telling me you had a real talent for Screaming Orgasms
LOL! I know it and Sex on the beach are real drinks, but the names had me ROTFLMAO in the scope of the conversation.

And drunk Lois is so funny! These lines all had me LOLing:

You were right, Luce, he is a good bart-- barten-- drink maker-upper!"
smile1
Posted By: Saskia Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/05/03 11:47 PM
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Great, you're finally posting. And the first part looks really good and hilarious.

I had no idea there were drink called that, especially the Sex on the Beach... over here we have a song called that. wink

Nice to see Lois drunk, she can be so funny sometimes. So Clark is coming to her rescue now? Poor Clark, he has no idea what he's getting himself into now. <g>

So hurry with the next part!

Saskia (thinking that maybe I should get drunk to if that gets the cute guys to my rescue laugh )
Posted By: RetroRose Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 12:14 AM
THIS IS GREAT!!!! smile1 )
Posted By: Tarkas Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 12:15 AM
Oh, this should be good... laugh
  • Lois, suddenly outed as a "two-pot screamer" -- or should that be a two-tea (plus Amaretto and rum-n-coke) screamer -- and revealed to be a repressed party animal, losing almost all her usual inhibitions when tipsy/drunk.
  • Clark dressing in black -- with intent, so to speak; something about the phrasing of that last paragraph has me expecting him to not just be wearing everyday black clothes, but something "more... more", to quote LotF. In fact, with what Lois is wearing, I almost expect Angel and Spike to make a reappearance... wink
  • Lucy there to egg them both on, wilfully and deliberately misunderstanding or misrepresenting what Lois has revealed in order to get her big sister a "super guy" (little does she know!)
  • And a cast of assorted "Quality" onlookers, pool players and, probably, drunks -- not to mention the excellent, but hapless, Jerry, who really doesn't appreciate what he's getting into...

Talk about a volatile cocktail...! Somehow, I can't see our favourite couple getting out of the place without Clark having to defend Lois, and that could result in anything up to and including a full-scale brawl! If so, I hope Jerry doesn't lose his job over it; it's nice to see Lucy with someone who registers on the "human being" scale, and I hope he likes her enough to stick around regardless of what is to come.

In case you hadn't guessed, Annie and Kathy, I thought this was great. More, please, ASAP!

Phil
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 12:30 AM
This is cool! cool

Poor Clark... or not wink

More soon!

Jose hyper
Posted By: RL Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 01:48 AM
Great story so far! I was wondering how they would get Clark into the picture. I was almost afraid Lois was going to take up with some stranger, but while drunk she instead started showing her true feelings about Clark. drool

Wonder if she's going to feel the same way in the morning or is she going to be terribly embarrassed? blush

More soon!
Posted By: Sarah-Jayne Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 01:51 AM
Ok, I had to come out of my temporary lurkdom to say that this is really great! drool

More please!

Sarah-Jayne smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 03:33 AM
Kathy and Annie

WOW! I love this. smile1

There are so many very funny moments. I love how Lucy chooses Lois's clothes.
And a drunk Lois, LOL! drool

I can't wait to see what happens next. Poor Clark! He has no idea what he's walking into. goofy

Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Karen Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 04:44 AM
ROFL! I'd heard briefly about a story, but I had no idea you guys were going to do this! I can't *wait* to see what happens next, and how Clark reacts! Get someone a lil tipsy, and the truth comes out! rotflol
Posted By: Meni Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 04:49 AM
Hey Guys...

That was brilliant... wow... smile1
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 05:48 AM
Kathy, you're back! smile I've been anxiously looking forward to this one, and it's just as hysterical as I'd hoped goofy

PJ
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 06:30 AM
Kathy, Annie

That was fantastic! Had me drool

Loriel
Posted By: Bethy Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 07:32 AM
Kathy and Annie,

One word: ROTFLMBO!!!

smile1

Bethy
Posted By: Sira Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 08:11 AM
rotflol

LOL! This is great! I can't wait to read what happens next! What a set-up! I have the feeling I'll be doing a lot more of rotflol soon. *g*

Keep it coming!
~Sira
Posted By: Vicki K Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 08:12 AM
Hey, you guys, I need part 2 NOW!!! C'mon! wink

This is too hilarious - I love it! Jerry seems adorable and normal and good for Lucy - what a nice surprise! And cute too, which doesn't hurt. laugh

You did a wonderful job of writing Lois drunk - her mispronounciation (did I spell that right? It looks funny) of certain words was SO funny, and yet in character. I really enjoyed the way Lucy knew exactly which clothes Lois would plan to wear and how she talked her into something that was more...er...appropriate. smile

Why am I not a bit surprised that Lois is excellent at pool, whether drunk or sober? Add it to her already long list of skills!

I was also wondering where Clark existed in this story, so I got a kick out of how Lois suddenly brought him into the conversation. Lucy's reactions to Lois's happy rambling were perfect and so much fun to read - while the descriptions of their kisses were great, I have to vote for the towel reminiscences as my favorite. laugh And now she's actually called him in the middle of the night (well, not really) and invited him to the bar - goody! smile1 Exactly what kind of black outfit is Clark going to choose???

PLEASE post part 2 right now!! Please?? (we really need a good pouty face icon right about here).

Vicki (who's off to a 3 hour meeting that will most likely be boring as ...you know grumble )
Posted By: MissyG Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 09:51 AM
This is wonderful, ladies!! clap

Love how Lois gets into the spirit of the evening and begins to enjoy herself...

Love that Clark thinks that this is a stakeout because Lois wants him to wear black!!

More soon! Great job!!!

Missy
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 11:12 AM
Oh wow.

Lucy's dating a normal guy.

Lois is drunk.

And Clark has no idea what's in store for him at the bar.
DITTO!! DITTO!! notworthy notworthy

I can't say more except...MORE SOON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Liz
Posted By: RL Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 12:06 PM
Adding to my previous comments, hope Clark doesn't show up in a burglar-like outfit, which would be more appropriate for a stakeout.
Posted By: Laurach Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 02:55 PM
LOL Kathy this is adorable! Can't wait for more. Laura
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 03:19 PM
Yay! You're posting!

Kathy and Annie, I've been waiting impatiently for this ever since you pasted a few spoilers on IRC. And it was definitely worth waiting for! smile1
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/06/03 04:23 PM
Hi,

Great part. smile1
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/07/03 03:53 AM
Well, I've finally stopped laughing enough to be able to type - but it took a while. goofy

There were too many marvellous moments in this first segment to quote - I'd be here all week. Suffice it to say, hilarious stuff, guys and I want more.

Poor Clark indeed! laugh

More!!!!

LabRat smile
Posted By: BarbP Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/07/03 03:57 AM
Kathy & Annie

WoW!!!!

Loved it for all the reasons mentioned above. I, too was wondering where Clark fit in -- but it looks like he really will and can't wait to see how well <g>.

Looking forward to more and soon!!!!

Barb.
Posted By: shaker53 Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/07/03 05:30 AM
What a delightful treat for this summer morning.
with you all involve, I know its going to be fabulous so I'll savor it.
Posted By: Meerkat Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/07/03 05:36 AM
Kathy and Annie, this is wonderful! I see now why you were looking for names of drinks that "sound" innocent before. *grin*

The strange thing is, something about Lois in this story reminds me *very* strongly of Annie... I wonder why. *hic*

*Love* how Lois gets better at pool when she's drunk. That's hilarious!

I like Lucy's boyfriend, and even though that (probably?) isn't the backbone of the story, it's nice that you finally gave Lucy somebody who we can root for. Nice.

And now Lois is calling Clark to come over... ooh, this could get good! Can't wait for the next part!
Posted By: traceylynn Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/07/03 08:59 AM
Annie and Kathy, I was so glad to see you posting this!! It's hilarious, wonderfully written, and just a lot of fun to read. With the two of you writing together, I wasn't expecting anything less!

Love the Lois/Lucy interaction, and I can't wait to see what the Lois/Clark interaction is going to be like! Please tell me you're posting soon!

Terrific start, and I can't wait for part 2!

Tracey smile
Posted By: KathyM Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/07/03 09:44 AM
Well, I'm coming late to this comments thread, so I think most of what I wanted to say has already been mentioned. I too have been looking forward to this story, and it's off to a terrific start so far.

Clark, dressed in black <sigh>, is in for a surprise in Part 2. Can we all see it? Now? Please? smile

KathyM
Posted By: merry Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/07/03 05:10 PM
Kathy and Annie,
This is wonderful
ditto others
can't wait for more - even if I am late in posting
merry
Posted By: AnnieM Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/07/03 07:53 PM
Thanks everyone!

We're flattered by all the wonderful feedback and hope that you'll like the rest of the story as much. We're glad that y'all loved the drink names (we had a heck of a lot of deciding which to use <G>) and the interplay between Lois and Lucy. As for Clark having no idea what he's in for...well, just check out the next installment. wink

Talk about a volatile cocktail...! Somehow, I can't see our favourite couple getting out of the place without Clark having to defend Lois, and that could result in anything up to and including a full-scale brawl!
LOL! A volatile cocktail indeed. <G> We're not sure we'll satisfy you in all of your suggestions, but if we don't and you write something based on the above, we'll be first in line to read it. smile

THIS IS GREAT!!!! Of course with the "famous" duo writing it, I knew it would be!!!!

Kathy and AnnieM....... this actually has the possibility of being one of, if not the best of your collaborations!!
Well, I'm a little scared that we're the "famous" duo. I suspect we may actually be the "infamous" duo, and you're just trying to be polite. <G> As for this being our best collaboration...we're going to be forced to agree since it's our only collaboration to date. <G>

Thanks again, everyone!

Annie
Posted By: Gabriele Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/08/03 12:20 PM
I just reading this just now - how can you put such a dull title to such a funny story?

Lucy is great in this story, almost in a big-sisterly way.

I don't partucularly like when Lois is such a snob towards Jerry, but it's very in character.

Drunken Lois is *very* hilarious - maybe she should drink more often. She just blurs everything out.

What's she says about men - can't deny it. Maybe the experience with Claude did her too cautious:

I should have been more forceful ... that's my problem, I have a hard time being forceful around guys that I like."
Poor Clark can't deny Lois anything - she says come, and he goes, she says wear black and he does so.

Gabriele
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/08/03 01:06 PM
how can you put such a dull title to such a funny story?
Oh, I think it's a hilarious title, but maybe it doesn't translate well overseas... it's a play on the word "teetotaler" -- which is a person who abstains from alcohol. In this story, however, Lois gets drunk on Long Island Iced Teas -- she's totalled by teas, but quite the opposite from a teetolaler. If you see what I mean wink

PJ
Posted By: KathyB Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/08/03 09:06 PM
LOL Pam, thank you! Yes, that's exactly what we were going for, and I'm very glad that you think it's funny. smile I love a good title and we didn't have one for this story until fairly late in the process. I think we were calling it "Untitled" for the first 3/4 of the story. <g> But when "Tea Totaled" finally came to me, I think I stalked around IRC for hours waiting for Annie to show up so I could present it for her approval. LOL.

Gabriele said:

Poor Clark can't deny Lois anything - she says come, and he goes, she says wear black and he does so.
Hmm, I have a feeling you're going to like part 4 ... but that's all the tease I'm going to give. wink

Thanks, you two, and everyone else who commented! We're delighted that you are enjoying the story so much. smile

Kathy
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/09/03 01:53 AM
Oh poor poor Clark giving in to Lois' requests again. Why does Clark allow Lois to lead him around ob a leash? Hmm... the crazy things people do for love I guess.

smile1
Posted By: rivka Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 06/10/03 01:08 AM
Oooh, loved this!

Little sis telling big sis what to wear! All too familiar... wink

Lois blinked in surprise. "You ... go to college?"
/me thwaps Lois with a fish... don't assume!

"How is it, Lois, that when other people drink, their pool skills go to hell, but when you drink, you only get better?"
This struck me as hugely unlikely... and terribly funny!

As she watched two trade kisses back and forth, however, Lois just sighed wistfully.
Aww, poor Lois feels left out?

that's my problem, I have a hard time being forceful around guys that I like."
Uh... ok, Lois, if you say so.

Clark... towel... pass the ice, Lucy...

Another giggle reached his ears and Clark eyes widened in astonishment.
Clarkie is in trou-ble! rotflol
Posted By: Ldynte Re: Comments -- Tea Totaled (1/4) - 08/28/03 12:53 PM
Annie,

LOL! This is a riot.

Lois is all hot and bothered,and looking for a little Clark action. Hehe

blush

I love the interaction between a giggling Lois and her sister. Absolutely delightful.

This is a really fun little story. I can't wait to see what kind of trouble she gets into with Clark.

hehe

Bella rotflol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards