Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2675 06/05/03 06:14 PM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks to a certain special BR who got this all edited for us while I was on vacation this week (thanks Kaethel!), Annie and I were able to get part one ready for posting tonight.

Hope you like it! Comments appreciated. smile

Oh, and just in case anyone is curious, there will be no TEs, so feel free to just read and have fun. smile

Kathy (and Annie) smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow.

Lucy's dating a normal guy.

Lois is drunk.

And Clark has no idea what's in store for him at the bar.

Keep it coming! hyper
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Kathy and Annie,

I have been looking forward to reading this for a long time -- and I am definately not disappointed. It was absolutely wonderful -- and so funny!

from Lucy's descriptions, she imagined "The Quantity Bar" would have been a more fitting name.
LOL! I wish I knew of a "quantity bar".

Lois is such a nice sister to do whatever Lucy wanted for her birthday.

Lucy's comments about the way that Lois dresses are so similar to the way that my sister talks to me smile . Apparently, I am way too frumpy for her tastes. I love how Lucy knows exactly what Lois should wear to the bar without even being there. I wonder if Lucy raided her closet in advanced and deliberately picked out the outfit.

Still, the neighborhood seemed nice enough ... she'd certainly met snitches in worse places, at least.
That is not saying much for the neighborhood wink . Lois meets sources in a lot of horrible places.

Wow, Lucy's boyfriend sounds great! Good looking, smart, and can make a great Long Island Ice Tea... and wants Lucy to get her degree. what else could you ask for in a guy? Oh well, he could be Clark... but that's about the only thing that would make him better <g>.

What do you suggest, Jerry? I seem to remember you telling me you had a real talent for Screaming Orgasms
LOL! I know it and Sex on the beach are real drinks, but the names had me ROTFLMAO in the scope of the conversation.

And drunk Lois is so funny! These lines all had me LOLing:

You were right, Luce, he is a good bart-- barten-- drink maker-upper!"
smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Great, you're finally posting. And the first part looks really good and hilarious.

I had no idea there were drink called that, especially the Sex on the Beach... over here we have a song called that. wink

Nice to see Lois drunk, she can be so funny sometimes. So Clark is coming to her rescue now? Poor Clark, he has no idea what he's getting himself into now. <g>

So hurry with the next part!

Saskia (thinking that maybe I should get drunk to if that gets the cute guys to my rescue laugh )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
THIS IS GREAT!!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, this should be good... laugh
  • Lois, suddenly outed as a "two-pot screamer" -- or should that be a two-tea (plus Amaretto and rum-n-coke) screamer -- and revealed to be a repressed party animal, losing almost all her usual inhibitions when tipsy/drunk.
  • Clark dressing in black -- with intent, so to speak; something about the phrasing of that last paragraph has me expecting him to not just be wearing everyday black clothes, but something "more... more", to quote LotF. In fact, with what Lois is wearing, I almost expect Angel and Spike to make a reappearance... wink
  • Lucy there to egg them both on, wilfully and deliberately misunderstanding or misrepresenting what Lois has revealed in order to get her big sister a "super guy" (little does she know!)
  • And a cast of assorted "Quality" onlookers, pool players and, probably, drunks -- not to mention the excellent, but hapless, Jerry, who really doesn't appreciate what he's getting into...

Talk about a volatile cocktail...! Somehow, I can't see our favourite couple getting out of the place without Clark having to defend Lois, and that could result in anything up to and including a full-scale brawl! If so, I hope Jerry doesn't lose his job over it; it's nice to see Lucy with someone who registers on the "human being" scale, and I hope he likes her enough to stick around regardless of what is to come.

In case you hadn't guessed, Annie and Kathy, I thought this was great. More, please, ASAP!

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Kerth
Kerth
This is cool! cool

Poor Clark... or not wink

More soon!

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story so far! I was wondering how they would get Clark into the picture. I was almost afraid Lois was going to take up with some stranger, but while drunk she instead started showing her true feelings about Clark. drool

Wonder if she's going to feel the same way in the morning or is she going to be terribly embarrassed? blush

More soon!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ok, I had to come out of my temporary lurkdom to say that this is really great! drool

More please!

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Kathy and Annie

WOW! I love this. smile1

There are so many very funny moments. I love how Lucy chooses Lois's clothes.
And a drunk Lois, LOL! drool

I can't wait to see what happens next. Poor Clark! He has no idea what he's walking into. goofy

Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
ROFL! I'd heard briefly about a story, but I had no idea you guys were going to do this! I can't *wait* to see what happens next, and how Clark reacts! Get someone a lil tipsy, and the truth comes out! rotflol

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Guys...

That was brilliant... wow... smile1

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kathy, you're back! smile I've been anxiously looking forward to this one, and it's just as hysterical as I'd hoped goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Kathy, Annie

That was fantastic! Had me drool

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Kathy and Annie,

One word: ROTFLMBO!!!

smile1

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol

LOL! This is great! I can't wait to read what happens next! What a set-up! I have the feeling I'll be doing a lot more of rotflol soon. *g*

Keep it coming!
~Sira

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey, you guys, I need part 2 NOW!!! C'mon! wink

This is too hilarious - I love it! Jerry seems adorable and normal and good for Lucy - what a nice surprise! And cute too, which doesn't hurt. laugh

You did a wonderful job of writing Lois drunk - her mispronounciation (did I spell that right? It looks funny) of certain words was SO funny, and yet in character. I really enjoyed the way Lucy knew exactly which clothes Lois would plan to wear and how she talked her into something that was more...er...appropriate. smile

Why am I not a bit surprised that Lois is excellent at pool, whether drunk or sober? Add it to her already long list of skills!

I was also wondering where Clark existed in this story, so I got a kick out of how Lois suddenly brought him into the conversation. Lucy's reactions to Lois's happy rambling were perfect and so much fun to read - while the descriptions of their kisses were great, I have to vote for the towel reminiscences as my favorite. laugh And now she's actually called him in the middle of the night (well, not really) and invited him to the bar - goody! smile1 Exactly what kind of black outfit is Clark going to choose???

PLEASE post part 2 right now!! Please?? (we really need a good pouty face icon right about here).

Vicki (who's off to a 3 hour meeting that will most likely be boring as ...you know grumble )

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is wonderful, ladies!! clap

Love how Lois gets into the spirit of the evening and begins to enjoy herself...

Love that Clark thinks that this is a stakeout because Lois wants him to wear black!!

More soon! Great job!!!

Missy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow.

Lucy's dating a normal guy.

Lois is drunk.

And Clark has no idea what's in store for him at the bar.
DITTO!! DITTO!! notworthy notworthy

I can't say more except...MORE SOON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Adding to my previous comments, hope Clark doesn't show up in a burglar-like outfit, which would be more appropriate for a stakeout.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard