Lois & Clark Forums
So, FoLCS, that's the end of 'Bridge'.

There will be a break of around 10 days until I begin posting the next TMTY story - 'Trail'.

My very grateful thanks to my three BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn. They bring very different skills/insight to my fics, and I appreciate all of them.

Also many thanks to everyone who read and commented. Your FDK is incredibly encouraging, and more than once, has brought a smile to my face.

Sorry, no preview for Trail 1. Anything I posted would give too much away. wink

Corrina.
Bravo! hyper
THEY MADE IT! razz

"Just ... stay."

"I will," she promised.
and
"Come ... back," he said as his hand briefly squeezed her fingers.

"Always."
blush Awwwww. clap
I am in AWE! In AWE, I say!!! thumbsup Can't wait to see how Lois and Clark fair on their own, especially with Lois being a government agent. I'm curious to see how much that will help/hurt her and Clark's journey to freedom. So MANY questions left. . . will we find out what happened to Clark's parents, will Clark and Lois ever be truly "free", will Lois and Clark even survive? shock AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! The suspense is KILLING me! But, as always, Corrina, you are a magnificent, masterful teller of tales. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with the rest of us. Keep the stories coming!
wow! so glad they made it! Not that I had any doubt, but I wanted to see it through your eyes. That was a very satisfying cap to this chapter. Thank you so much
yay smile1 hyper dance

Awesome! Enjoy your break. I am looking forward to Trail!
Holy cow, Bridge was amazing. I'll be counting the days to Trail! This is truly an epic series to read. You are a master of suspense, angst, and hope.

All my best,
JD
Huge sigh of relief!

I had grand plans of commenting on 23, 24, and 25 in order, but ... yeah, that went out the window as soon as I started reading. If anyone can ration these out over the course of 10 days, they have far more willpower than me!

Through these last many weeks, I've been blown away by your creativity, plotting, and story-telling ability, and the end of Bridge is no exception. I was riveted from start to finish, and know that I'll be just as spellbound by Trail and what follows. I'm so glad I started reading this story! Though the beginning was horrifying and the cliffhangers have had me on the edge of my seat, I wouldn't have missed this for the world.

Enjoy the heck out of your holiday and know we'll all be here waiting for more of this amazing saga when you return!

Kathy
Please see my comments from instalment 24. Those apply here as well (or maybe more so).

I do have to say that I have been impressed with the writing and plotting so far. But now the fun really starts.

Let the hunt begin.

Tank (who wonders if Moyne will ever rear his head again)
Oooooeeeeeee! thumbsup clap laugh jump love hail

I am worried that they maybe should have torched the place, so that the bones that would be found in the wreckage would be assumed to be Clark's, so then they wouldn't have a reason to look for anyone. Maybe they could reason that Lois couldn't stand his suffering, found him vulnerable, knew they wanted the building destroyed, so finished it off once and for all, and then left for her 3 months leave.

Oh, well, they probably wouldn't buy it, but I thought Jonas would fill the role perfectly! Poor Jonas!

Can't wait for Trail, of course! Have a terrific holiday!
oh how amazing is this story?? Cannot wait to read the next part!! You are so talented!
GREATttttttt story!!!!!!
I'm trying to catch up on my fdk. This time of year is very intense at work. But I had to at least drop by and let you know that I've enjoyed Bridge inmensely and that getting this last three parts so soon and in a couple days was a great surprise. It'll surely make the next ten days of withdrawal easier wink .

There were many bits I really like and I promise to come back later and comment on them in the respective fdk.

Have a great vacation!!!
Oh my goodness, I haven't commented since Chapter 22(!). eek

What makes me feel even more guilty is, although I claim I haven't had time to write feedback, I *did* manage to squeeze in the time to read! blush

I am going to spend the next 10 days leisurely re-reading the past few chapters and writing feedback to each one. Thank you *so* much for writing this wonderful story, and thank you for posting the ending before going off on vacation. wave
Amazing story, you are a very talented writer, Corrina !! I LOVE it !! thumbsup
Thank you for posting the last parts so quickly, I am waiting impatiently for your new story !! Am I going to survive TEN days, I will try !

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story, I am glad Lois & Clark are finally out !
I like the relationship between Lois and her father, it was really interesting to see they love each other and they succeed to communicate even if Sam can not speak. I hope we will see him again.
The character of Shalbot was great too, a man who don't like women but has to raise two daughters who may not be his own, he may not be so bad after all . ; )

Have a nice vacation !
Friendly,
Annalina.
I'm sorry that I haven't posted more feedback on your story as you posted it, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Like others, I counted the days and minutes until each post. The Clark and Lois you have portrayed here are amazing individuals and it's been fascinating to see them find their way out of the darkness together.

EvelynC said:
I am worried that they maybe should have torched the place
That was what I expected when Lois retrieved Jonas from her dad's place. What better cover than to have the skeletal remains with a bullet hole through the skull, traces of hair and blood (from the surgery), a mass of melted lead, and not much else? It would have been a great way to destroy the rods, too. Lois could have closed out the operation herself and calmly walked away from the job with both Scardino and Menzies thinking that the alien was dead and gone. I could totally see this Lois doing something like that just to show them that they couldn't dismiss her as an operative just because she's a woman.

Of course, those two and Moyne would still know that Clark lived when Superman finally made his debut, but it would have given Lois and Clark some breathing room.

Then again, what you have planned will be more interesting and will leave us on the edge of our seats with each post.

"If you hadn't been so slipshod in your responsibilities, this could have been accomplished much more efficiently," he said wrathfully.
This statement from Menzies confused me. What exactly did he mean? Does he mean that Lois should have recognized that Moyne was the monster sooner and avoided the attack in the first place? Or that she should have figured out a way to cover his nephew's pathology the way Trask had?
Grrr. mad

Thank you for this story. I can't wait to see what comes next.

BJ

ETA: I also wanted to mention how much I enjoyed the parallels between Lois' blossoming relationship with Clark and her relationship with her dad. This Sam is a wonderful man. IIRC, you gave Sam and Lois a much better background than the show, but it seems like some really great things will come out of each person's trials.

I hope that you'll help Lois figure out a way to return to Metropolis soon.
I am worried that they maybe should have torched the place
Yeah - a good fire bomb would do the trick - with Lois reminding Scardino 'You don't want the locals to start snooping into something that never happened, do you?'
I have *one* minute!!

Thank you all for such wonderful FDK.

About setting the place on fire. At least one of the BRs suggested it, but it was never my plan.

Firstly, I'm not sure if it's because I'm Australian, but the thought of deliberately lighting a fire is horrific in the extreme to me.

Secondly (this will come out in Trail) Jonas' bones would be held together by wire, so there is every chance that a little forensic work would quickly reveal that he wasn't Clark.

Also, when Menzies told Lois she hadn't done her job properly, he meant she hadn't kept up the regular exposure to the rods.

Gotta go,

Thanks for the holiday wishes,

Corrina.
Really wow! Even though I think some of us expected 25 to go the way it did (after being expertly being set up), I was still on the edge of my seat the whole time.

When Menzies arrived, I actually was waiting for the gun shot to come - Menzies does seem like the type of guy who would wrap up this operation and maybe even shoot CLark just to see if the rods have weakened him enough. Also, I just kept thinking, once Menzies showed up, Thank Goodness that the rods are in there otherwise Lois will be in so much trouble!

I am glad that I wasn't Lois who had to perform that field surgery - my stomach is still tied up in knots thinking about it. But you wrote it really well and I am glad that at the last minute, there wasn't some other mechanism releasing the poison. Guess Trask didn't think of everything? wink

Bridge was really excellent despite the beginning of the story (the first one) starting out really scary and like Kathy said, waiting anxiously between parts was most times not great on the refresh button. I am so looking forward to Trail and I am sure that there a quite a number of surprises still clap

smile
This has been such an addicting story! I could not wait for the next part. How are we going to go 10 days for the next part?!?! laugh However, I appreciate you posting the final parts to Bridge so soon. I'm glad we don't have to wait a week for part 24 & part 25.
Eagerly waiting for Trail! smile1
hyper hyper hyper

Eric Menzies strode into the staffroom. He was a mountain of a man, and it was instantly obvious how he had gained the reputation of a tyrant.
So it was Menzies. Good thing about the rods.

"If you hadn't been so slipshod in your responsibilities, this could have been accomplished much more efficiently," he said wrathfully.
Thanks for clearing it up in the FKD-FDK. Was confused too blush Though it does feel like he's just saying it to have an excuse for shutting the operation down. 'Lois Lane was a hack on the op. She messed it all up and now we have to shut it down.'

He had turned towards the wall, and his body was coiled into an arc. He had donned the bathing cap wig, and its tresses straggled from his head and onto the mattress.
I wondered. but he managed clap

She touched her fingers on the underside of the protrusion, and a grey orb squeezed out, rolled down Clark's shoulder, and thudded softly onto the mattress.
The operation was well done smile

"Second thoughts?" he asked sombrely.

"Not one," she said decisively.

His eyes closed again, and Lois pulled onto the road.

She had no doubts. No second thoughts.

Clark was more important than a job, than a career, than her reputation.

He was the most important thing in her life.
Awww... Great Bridge, Corrina! And now we're in for a looooong wait. Oh well huh I did count, though. 10 days makes this squat in the middle of Feb. 1st. can't wait!

Michael
I just wanted to pop on here and say I'm really enjoying your story. I won't repeat what everyonr else is saying, but I agree whole heartedly with what most of everyone is saying. Let's see, 2 days down, only 8 to go..... yikes. I hoper you are having a great vacation. Enjoy!
Well done, Corrina. As Tank said, though, their challenges are really just beginning. Of course, the most critical period will be the first day or so until Clark gets his powers back, at least as far as their physical safety is concerned. I know that Clark was thinking that the government would just track him down again, but I think he's underestimating his own abilities to evade them now that he knows to be on the lookout. But then come the challenges of adjusting to freedom, adjusting to a new dynamic with Lois, creating new identities for both of them, and finding Martha. Between Clark's abilities and Lois's training and talents, I'm sure they'll be able to conquer it all, but it will be a lot of fun seeing how you get them through it. Will Lois figure out that the best defense is a good offense? If Clark goes public as Superman and makes himself a popular hero, as well as telling the public that some elements of the government are out to get him, then at least someone will start raising uncomfortable questions if Superman goes missing again. That could make Mezies, who really just wants this whole thing to go away, figure that it's better to leave Superman alone than to try to recapture him, this risking that the truth will come out. But it will not be easy to convince Clark that he should flaunt his differences instead of hiding them.

As you can tell, you've got us thinking, which is one mark of a great story. Looking forward to the next act.

Michelle
Is this week going by as slowly for anyone else as it is for me? help

Doing a bit of light re-reading to pass the time, this made me chuckle, part 1 of 'Junction'...
She would ensure that the prisoner did not escape - that definitely would not look good on her record. But beyond that, she had no interest in him, or his predicament, or discovering exactly what he'd done to cause such loathing in Trask.
Hee!
EmilyC
Is this week going by as slowly for anyone else as it is for me? [Help]
I'm with ya. Corrina has definitely got us hooked with this one... and love the quote you highlighted from Junction thumbsup
Ditto! wave
Corrina's back! peep Might that mean we'll get part one of Trail soon?! Please! grovel
My intention was to spend the time re-reading and writing comments to Chapters 22-25. Instead, I have spent the past few days collecting all the parts (including Junction and the Prologue), putting them all together in one LONG file, formatting it and uploading it to my Kindle.

Then, I sat back, relaxed, and began the journey all over again, from the beginning. What a wonderful story this is! thumbsup . I can *so* see that in my mind.

Ch. 23 -

The hands-on-the-window-while-floating scene as thumbsup

I'll say it again: I LOVE THIS STORY! hyper

PS - I hope you enjoyed your vacation!
MozartMaid

Can't wait to see where you take us next!
I'm going to take you on a Trail laugh

Emily

And it wasn't even a cliffhanger.
There are four pivotal events in this fic - they signify the end of each story. Sometimes, they're clinghangers, but not always.

clap clap

Corrina.
Feb 1st is one hour away for me!
hyper
Originally posted by Vicki:
Feb 1st is one hour away for me!
hyper
Right there with you! dance

I reread the whole story over the break too. What struck me the most was just how quickly things unfolded from the beginning of Lois's involvement on the assignment. That was something I'd lost sight of reading 'Junction' and 'Bridge' over 3 months. At one sitting I really got a sense of how quickly Clark's life changed. (Like the fact that only a week before their escape was the day he defended Lois from Moyne) Highlighting Lois's fears that it was all happening too soon for Clark. If anyone can persevere though, it's Clark with lots of help from Lois. sloppy
Is it sad that the only World Clock I have programmed into my Iphone is for Melbourne? And I keep checking it to see what time it is over there?

I am so addicted to this story!!!!
Well, I stayed up til 1:15am last night and woke up at 5:30am and had to convince myself to wait until my kids had breakfast before starting to read again. It has kept me at the edge of my seat.

If Lois had set a fire, wouldn't it have brought Scardino and Menzies to the building? Their escape would have been discovered earlier. I too wish there was a way to hide their escape, but it made sense.

I was sorry to hear about Jonathon; I'm hoping that it was mistake. I hope that they find Martha on their journey.

The one question I had was about the long hair and beard making Clark look twice his age.... would it really?

Again, still loved the paralells between Sam Lane's recovery and Clark's.

I've got to go and start reading the next installment... smile
Virginia

The one question I had was about the long hair and beard making Clark look twice his age.... would it really?
Long and very shaggy hair and beard, plus a lot of grime, plus his body being affected by continual beatings (moving slowly, limping, etc) would probably add a couple of decades.

And staying up until 1:15 - wow!

Thanks for reading, smile

Corrina.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards