Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So, FoLCS, that's the end of 'Bridge'.

There will be a break of around 10 days until I begin posting the next TMTY story - 'Trail'.

My very grateful thanks to my three BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn. They bring very different skills/insight to my fics, and I appreciate all of them.

Also many thanks to everyone who read and commented. Your FDK is incredibly encouraging, and more than once, has brought a smile to my face.

Sorry, no preview for Trail 1. Anything I posted would give too much away. wink

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Bravo! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
THEY MADE IT! razz

"Just ... stay."

"I will," she promised.
and
"Come ... back," he said as his hand briefly squeezed her fingers.

"Always."
blush Awwwww. clap

Blogger
Blogger
I am in AWE! In AWE, I say!!! thumbsup Can't wait to see how Lois and Clark fair on their own, especially with Lois being a government agent. I'm curious to see how much that will help/hurt her and Clark's journey to freedom. So MANY questions left. . . will we find out what happened to Clark's parents, will Clark and Lois ever be truly "free", will Lois and Clark even survive? shock AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! The suspense is KILLING me! But, as always, Corrina, you are a magnificent, masterful teller of tales. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with the rest of us. Keep the stories coming!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
wow! so glad they made it! Not that I had any doubt, but I wanted to see it through your eyes. That was a very satisfying cap to this chapter. Thank you so much

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yay smile1 hyper dance

Awesome! Enjoy your break. I am looking forward to Trail!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy cow, Bridge was amazing. I'll be counting the days to Trail! This is truly an epic series to read. You are a master of suspense, angst, and hope.

All my best,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Huge sigh of relief!

I had grand plans of commenting on 23, 24, and 25 in order, but ... yeah, that went out the window as soon as I started reading. If anyone can ration these out over the course of 10 days, they have far more willpower than me!

Through these last many weeks, I've been blown away by your creativity, plotting, and story-telling ability, and the end of Bridge is no exception. I was riveted from start to finish, and know that I'll be just as spellbound by Trail and what follows. I'm so glad I started reading this story! Though the beginning was horrifying and the cliffhangers have had me on the edge of my seat, I wouldn't have missed this for the world.

Enjoy the heck out of your holiday and know we'll all be here waiting for more of this amazing saga when you return!

Kathy

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Please see my comments from instalment 24. Those apply here as well (or maybe more so).

I do have to say that I have been impressed with the writing and plotting so far. But now the fun really starts.

Let the hunt begin.

Tank (who wonders if Moyne will ever rear his head again)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooooeeeeeee! thumbsup clap laugh jump love hail

I am worried that they maybe should have torched the place, so that the bones that would be found in the wreckage would be assumed to be Clark's, so then they wouldn't have a reason to look for anyone. Maybe they could reason that Lois couldn't stand his suffering, found him vulnerable, knew they wanted the building destroyed, so finished it off once and for all, and then left for her 3 months leave.

Oh, well, they probably wouldn't buy it, but I thought Jonas would fill the role perfectly! Poor Jonas!

Can't wait for Trail, of course! Have a terrific holiday!

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh how amazing is this story?? Cannot wait to read the next part!! You are so talented!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
GREATttttttt story!!!!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm trying to catch up on my fdk. This time of year is very intense at work. But I had to at least drop by and let you know that I've enjoyed Bridge inmensely and that getting this last three parts so soon and in a couple days was a great surprise. It'll surely make the next ten days of withdrawal easier wink .

There were many bits I really like and I promise to come back later and comment on them in the respective fdk.

Have a great vacation!!!

Cris
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness, I haven't commented since Chapter 22(!). eek

What makes me feel even more guilty is, although I claim I haven't had time to write feedback, I *did* manage to squeeze in the time to read! blush

I am going to spend the next 10 days leisurely re-reading the past few chapters and writing feedback to each one. Thank you *so* much for writing this wonderful story, and thank you for posting the ending before going off on vacation. wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Amazing story, you are a very talented writer, Corrina !! I LOVE it !! thumbsup
Thank you for posting the last parts so quickly, I am waiting impatiently for your new story !! Am I going to survive TEN days, I will try !

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story, I am glad Lois & Clark are finally out !
I like the relationship between Lois and her father, it was really interesting to see they love each other and they succeed to communicate even if Sam can not speak. I hope we will see him again.
The character of Shalbot was great too, a man who don't like women but has to raise two daughters who may not be his own, he may not be so bad after all . ; )

Have a nice vacation !
Friendly,
Annalina.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm sorry that I haven't posted more feedback on your story as you posted it, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Like others, I counted the days and minutes until each post. The Clark and Lois you have portrayed here are amazing individuals and it's been fascinating to see them find their way out of the darkness together.

EvelynC said:
I am worried that they maybe should have torched the place
That was what I expected when Lois retrieved Jonas from her dad's place. What better cover than to have the skeletal remains with a bullet hole through the skull, traces of hair and blood (from the surgery), a mass of melted lead, and not much else? It would have been a great way to destroy the rods, too. Lois could have closed out the operation herself and calmly walked away from the job with both Scardino and Menzies thinking that the alien was dead and gone. I could totally see this Lois doing something like that just to show them that they couldn't dismiss her as an operative just because she's a woman.

Of course, those two and Moyne would still know that Clark lived when Superman finally made his debut, but it would have given Lois and Clark some breathing room.

Then again, what you have planned will be more interesting and will leave us on the edge of our seats with each post.

"If you hadn't been so slipshod in your responsibilities, this could have been accomplished much more efficiently," he said wrathfully.
This statement from Menzies confused me. What exactly did he mean? Does he mean that Lois should have recognized that Moyne was the monster sooner and avoided the attack in the first place? Or that she should have figured out a way to cover his nephew's pathology the way Trask had?
Grrr. mad

Thank you for this story. I can't wait to see what comes next.

BJ

ETA: I also wanted to mention how much I enjoyed the parallels between Lois' blossoming relationship with Clark and her relationship with her dad. This Sam is a wonderful man. IIRC, you gave Sam and Lois a much better background than the show, but it seems like some really great things will come out of each person's trials.

I hope that you'll help Lois figure out a way to return to Metropolis soon.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I am worried that they maybe should have torched the place
Yeah - a good fire bomb would do the trick - with Lois reminding Scardino 'You don't want the locals to start snooping into something that never happened, do you?'

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I have *one* minute!!

Thank you all for such wonderful FDK.

About setting the place on fire. At least one of the BRs suggested it, but it was never my plan.

Firstly, I'm not sure if it's because I'm Australian, but the thought of deliberately lighting a fire is horrific in the extreme to me.

Secondly (this will come out in Trail) Jonas' bones would be held together by wire, so there is every chance that a little forensic work would quickly reveal that he wasn't Clark.

Also, when Menzies told Lois she hadn't done her job properly, he meant she hadn't kept up the regular exposure to the rods.

Gotta go,

Thanks for the holiday wishes,

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Really wow! Even though I think some of us expected 25 to go the way it did (after being expertly being set up), I was still on the edge of my seat the whole time.

When Menzies arrived, I actually was waiting for the gun shot to come - Menzies does seem like the type of guy who would wrap up this operation and maybe even shoot CLark just to see if the rods have weakened him enough. Also, I just kept thinking, once Menzies showed up, Thank Goodness that the rods are in there otherwise Lois will be in so much trouble!

I am glad that I wasn't Lois who had to perform that field surgery - my stomach is still tied up in knots thinking about it. But you wrote it really well and I am glad that at the last minute, there wasn't some other mechanism releasing the poison. Guess Trask didn't think of everything? wink

Bridge was really excellent despite the beginning of the story (the first one) starting out really scary and like Kathy said, waiting anxiously between parts was most times not great on the refresh button. I am so looking forward to Trail and I am sure that there a quite a number of surprises still clap

smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This has been such an addicting story! I could not wait for the next part. How are we going to go 10 days for the next part?!?! laugh However, I appreciate you posting the final parts to Bridge so soon. I'm glad we don't have to wait a week for part 24 & part 25.
Eagerly waiting for Trail! smile1

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard