Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper hyper

Eric Menzies strode into the staffroom. He was a mountain of a man, and it was instantly obvious how he had gained the reputation of a tyrant.
So it was Menzies. Good thing about the rods.

"If you hadn't been so slipshod in your responsibilities, this could have been accomplished much more efficiently," he said wrathfully.
Thanks for clearing it up in the FKD-FDK. Was confused too blush Though it does feel like he's just saying it to have an excuse for shutting the operation down. 'Lois Lane was a hack on the op. She messed it all up and now we have to shut it down.'

He had turned towards the wall, and his body was coiled into an arc. He had donned the bathing cap wig, and its tresses straggled from his head and onto the mattress.
I wondered. but he managed clap

She touched her fingers on the underside of the protrusion, and a grey orb squeezed out, rolled down Clark's shoulder, and thudded softly onto the mattress.
The operation was well done smile

"Second thoughts?" he asked sombrely.

"Not one," she said decisively.

His eyes closed again, and Lois pulled onto the road.

She had no doubts. No second thoughts.

Clark was more important than a job, than a career, than her reputation.

He was the most important thing in her life.
Awww... Great Bridge, Corrina! And now we're in for a looooong wait. Oh well huh I did count, though. 10 days makes this squat in the middle of Feb. 1st. can't wait!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I just wanted to pop on here and say I'm really enjoying your story. I won't repeat what everyonr else is saying, but I agree whole heartedly with what most of everyone is saying. Let's see, 2 days down, only 8 to go..... yikes. I hoper you are having a great vacation. Enjoy!

I heart Clark Kent.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well done, Corrina. As Tank said, though, their challenges are really just beginning. Of course, the most critical period will be the first day or so until Clark gets his powers back, at least as far as their physical safety is concerned. I know that Clark was thinking that the government would just track him down again, but I think he's underestimating his own abilities to evade them now that he knows to be on the lookout. But then come the challenges of adjusting to freedom, adjusting to a new dynamic with Lois, creating new identities for both of them, and finding Martha. Between Clark's abilities and Lois's training and talents, I'm sure they'll be able to conquer it all, but it will be a lot of fun seeing how you get them through it. Will Lois figure out that the best defense is a good offense? If Clark goes public as Superman and makes himself a popular hero, as well as telling the public that some elements of the government are out to get him, then at least someone will start raising uncomfortable questions if Superman goes missing again. That could make Mezies, who really just wants this whole thing to go away, figure that it's better to leave Superman alone than to try to recapture him, this risking that the truth will come out. But it will not be easy to convince Clark that he should flaunt his differences instead of hiding them.

As you can tell, you've got us thinking, which is one mark of a great story. Looking forward to the next act.

Michelle

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Is this week going by as slowly for anyone else as it is for me? help

Doing a bit of light re-reading to pass the time, this made me chuckle, part 1 of 'Junction'...
She would ensure that the prisoner did not escape - that definitely would not look good on her record. But beyond that, she had no interest in him, or his predicament, or discovering exactly what he'd done to cause such loathing in Trask.
Hee!

Top Banana
Top Banana
EmilyC
Is this week going by as slowly for anyone else as it is for me? [Help]
I'm with ya. Corrina has definitely got us hooked with this one... and love the quote you highlighted from Junction thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ditto! wave

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina's back! peep Might that mean we'll get part one of Trail soon?! Please! grovel

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
My intention was to spend the time re-reading and writing comments to Chapters 22-25. Instead, I have spent the past few days collecting all the parts (including Junction and the Prologue), putting them all together in one LONG file, formatting it and uploading it to my Kindle.

Then, I sat back, relaxed, and began the journey all over again, from the beginning. What a wonderful story this is! thumbsup . I can *so* see that in my mind.

Ch. 23 -

The hands-on-the-window-while-floating scene as thumbsup

I'll say it again: I LOVE THIS STORY! hyper

PS - I hope you enjoyed your vacation!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MozartMaid

Can't wait to see where you take us next!
I'm going to take you on a Trail laugh

Emily

And it wasn't even a cliffhanger.
There are four pivotal events in this fic - they signify the end of each story. Sometimes, they're clinghangers, but not always.

clap clap

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Feb 1st is one hour away for me!
hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Vicki:
Feb 1st is one hour away for me!
hyper
Right there with you! dance

I reread the whole story over the break too. What struck me the most was just how quickly things unfolded from the beginning of Lois's involvement on the assignment. That was something I'd lost sight of reading 'Junction' and 'Bridge' over 3 months. At one sitting I really got a sense of how quickly Clark's life changed. (Like the fact that only a week before their escape was the day he defended Lois from Moyne) Highlighting Lois's fears that it was all happening too soon for Clark. If anyone can persevere though, it's Clark with lots of help from Lois. sloppy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Is it sad that the only World Clock I have programmed into my Iphone is for Melbourne? And I keep checking it to see what time it is over there?

I am so addicted to this story!!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I stayed up til 1:15am last night and woke up at 5:30am and had to convince myself to wait until my kids had breakfast before starting to read again. It has kept me at the edge of my seat.

If Lois had set a fire, wouldn't it have brought Scardino and Menzies to the building? Their escape would have been discovered earlier. I too wish there was a way to hide their escape, but it made sense.

I was sorry to hear about Jonathon; I'm hoping that it was mistake. I hope that they find Martha on their journey.

The one question I had was about the long hair and beard making Clark look twice his age.... would it really?

Again, still loved the paralells between Sam Lane's recovery and Clark's.

I've got to go and start reading the next installment... smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Virginia

The one question I had was about the long hair and beard making Clark look twice his age.... would it really?
Long and very shaggy hair and beard, plus a lot of grime, plus his body being affected by continual beatings (moving slowly, limping, etc) would probably add a couple of decades.

And staying up until 1:15 - wow!

Thanks for reading, smile

Corrina.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard