Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/02/10 09:09 PM
Last thank you ...

To all those who fought so hard in 1996 to keep our Club. In our heads, we know it's just a footy club. In our hearts, we know it's so much more.

Again many thanks to everyone who read and/or commented. I had a blast, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it, too.

Next fic is 'Trusting Me, Trusting You.' Prologue should be up in a couple of days.

Corrina.
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/02/10 09:27 PM
Ah you spoil us with an epilogue! This was truly amazing, Corrina. I swear footy is one of the most fascinating sports on this planet. Thank you for writing, and I look forward to the next fic as well!

All the best,
JD
Posted By: Jen P Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/02/10 10:01 PM
Loved this entire story and the epilogue was perfect! So, did Mayson never get better? I loved this story and I'm sad to see it end. Can't wait to read the next one. thumbsup
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/02/10 10:18 PM
Wow! Aussie Rules has been an awesome ride from start to finish. Totally enjoyed it, and the epilogue was perfect.

thumbsup hyper

Cheers and many thanks!
Elizabeth
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 12:03 AM
This was a fantastic end to what has truly been a wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing.

Now I regret that somehow I was never aware of footy during those months I spent in Melbourne in 2000. I wish I could have a do-over on that time to see how much I notice.

Bob
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 12:16 AM
Delightful epilogue. But I still think you should have had Clark move and Superman establish a more international presence not associated with any one city or country.
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 12:16 AM
Meant to say... naming Lois and Clark's daughter, Victoria, was a nice touch. smile

Was there a meaning behind Austin's name? Have I missed something there?

Cheers
Elizabeth
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 12:27 AM
Just had another thought... is 'Austin' a take on 'Australia?'
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 12:55 AM
You got it, Elizabeth.

Austin can be shortened to Aussie. laugh

And Melbourne is the capital of the state of Victoria.
Posted By: AmyPrime Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 06:51 AM
I love their multinational family life. Everyone seems so complete. smile
Posted By: DW Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 12:49 PM
That was a great epilogue - an excellent tie up to the whole, epic story (but if you ever want to write that sequel, I'm in!)

Thanks for sharing and I'm also looking forward to the next fic!

smile
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 01:08 PM
Well, I'm sad, because this wrap up may mean no sequel, but I'm happy at the ending and the tie-up.
It does bring it full circle and provides a really happy ending. This was a great story overall and taught me a lot about Australia. Whoever thought I would cry over a footy match when I didn't even know what that was when the story started.
Outstanding writing job!
regards
Artemis
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 01:47 PM
I will miss this story-- you managed to make me interested in a sport I never heard of, and your writing is terrific.

i would have liked to have seen more of a real resolution of the Mayson thread. That felt loose ended.
I look forward to whatever else you write
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 07:29 PM
Silly me, I thought after all the waff and genuine relationship building without an abnormal amount of angst, our gentle writer whould want to have a happy ever after type epilogue.

Instead the gentle readers are subjext to the horror of THREE (not one, not two, but THREE) little creatures to make Lois and Clark's life miserable.

Why do you hate Lois and Clark so?

Tank (who has never been able to understand the need to saddle Lois and Clark with rugrats, especially considering they are not genetically compatible... Clark is an alien... not the same species as Lois)
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Joy Moony:
i would have liked to have seen more of a real resolution of the Mayson thread. That felt loose ended.
rotflol

'Good luck to the Hawks today, Love Dan and May.'

"Who's it from?" Clark asked.

"Dan Scardino."

Clark's eyebrows lifted in surprise. "When was the last time you heard from him?"

Lois thought back. "I think he sent a text when Victoria was born."

"What did he say?"

"Just 'good luck' for today." Lois read it again. "He signed it 'Dan and May'."
rotflol
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 07:38 PM
Nice epilogue. When you said Dan and May I thought...Mayson? But I guess it was a coink i dink.
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 08:38 PM
I loved this fic. You took something which most would think is totally non-L&C - Australian rules football (heck, it's literally half a world away from Metropolis) - and wrote a wonderful fic around it.

Your passion shines through and illuminates the story. I never thought footy could be so interesting, and yet you made it so.

Two words, twice:

Well done. Kerth Award.
Posted By: tooaddicted2tv Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/03/10 10:02 PM
I'm gonna miss this fic. It was very entertaining and kinda educational, as I've learned a lot about the Aussie Culture.

It wasn't until this past month that I really understood what it meant to love a sport team. I was very disappointed over a football game (american football) that I was sure we were going to when, and man it sucks.

Thank you for writing this fic, and I hope to see more from you!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/04/10 01:44 PM
Aww, that was a great epilogue! clap

"Just 'good luck' for today." Lois read it again. "He signed it 'Dan and May'."

Clark grinned. "Sounds like he found himself a woman."
Huh, would you look at that, Mayson actually got Detered and moved to Australia to marry Dan.

Uhm, I've got a couple of little logistics questions. Hope you don't mind blush
How did Clark manage to rake in several thousand fights to Melbourne over two years? He would have to have visited Lois several times a day to manage this.
And how are they able to make five trips to Australia per year. After all, given that travel time is a good 36 hours in each direction, would they fly down for just a day in Australia and fly back again?
Also, how are they able to afford three months off a year for Australia?

"No, I don't," Victoria asserted. She was right. During their frequent visits to Australia, Victoria spoke like a born and bred Aussie. She had the accent, she used the slang, and she called Lois 'Mum'. As soon as they arrived in the States, she reverted to the all-American kid. Clark had noticed that Lois did it, too - although not as noticeably, and probably not as consciously, as their daughter did.
Awwww, cute! clap

She patted her stomach. "G'day, Cyril."
laugh

"Hoooooddddddggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" Victoria screamed. She turned to Lois, her face alight with exhilaration. "Hodgey won the Norm Smith."

Lois kissed the cheek of her excited girl. "He deserves it - he played a superb game."

Seb was grinning at Chris. "Sorry," he said. "No 'Cyril'."

"What about 'Luke'?" she suggested.
laugh

Chris said. "But I've seen how Clark begins to look fraught if he's away from you for half an hour. There is no way he'd go back to Metropolis and leave you here if it really meant he wasn't going to see you for months on end."
notworthy

Michael
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/04/10 04:51 PM
Jen

Ah you spoil us with an epilogue!
I'm so glad you see it like that because I wrote the ep as a chance for me to relive a day that holds so many wonderful memories.

Jen P

I'm sad to see it end.
Thank you - after 68 parts, that's something. smile

Elizabeth

ride from start to finish.
They were a whole lot further apart than I thought when I started it!!

Bob IIRC, you were in Melbourne Dec-Feb. That is the height of the cricket season and although there would have been footy stories around, they wouldn't have been prominent. Also, the Sydney Olympics were coming and there was a lot of excitement about that. I'm not surprised you didn't notice footy.

Framework It was always my intention to borrow Clark - I never intended to take Superman from Metropolis.

Amy Multinational life is easier when you can fly!! However, I also wanted it that Lois and Clark continued to keep strong ties with Melbourne, even after moving to Metropolis.

DW I have about five fics I really want to write - and none of them are the sequel to AR. However, I am a slave to my muse, so if it suddenly decides AR Sequel is what we're working on, that's what I'll be writing. wink

Artemis Being able to write about Australia (beyond footy) was something I really enjoyed. I'm glad you did, too.

Joy A few have asked about Mayson.

The fic had two threads - footy (mainly the Hawthorn merger) and Superman/Mayson. I tried to tie them together with the LnC relationship. However, I felt that the epilogue had to focus on only one. I chose footy and GF Day '08. That made it really hard to tie up all the loose ends of the other thread.

It was hard to bring Mayson, Perry, even M&J into GF Day 08. Had Lois and Clark suddenly started discussing Mayson, I felt that would have been very out of place. Also, I wanted her to have become totally irrelevant in their lives.

So, I dropped a few hints and left it up to the reader to draw their own conclusions.

In part 67, where Perry was with the psychiatrist

"Are there any topics I should avoid?"

Dr Vandenberg sighed. "Many," she said. Ticking them off on her fingers, she listed, "Superman, Lex Luthor, Clark Kent, Ultra Woman, Nigel St John, Charlie, football reporters, libraries, Australia, gas leaks, green rock ..." Having run out of fingers, she lifted her hands in despair. "... and, as of this morning, Dan Scardino."

"Dan?"

"This morning she was convinced that Dan is leaving Australia to come to Metropolis to marry her."
In the epilogue ...

The 'junior' part of her status had dropped away when, during her stay in 1997, the team of Lane and Kent had finally gotten incontrovertible proof that Lex Luthor was the Boss - and that he was the one who had ordered the placement of the bomb that had changed Mayson Drake's life forever.
So, Mayson never went back to being a top reporter.

Lastly was the 'Dan and May' clue.

It was vague and probably felt like a loose end, but I didn't think Mayson deserved a neatly packaged ending. (The readers did, but that's another matter laugh )

Tank There are two reasons why I gave them children. Firstly, it gives greater meaning to the fight to save Hawthorn. In 1996, I was distraught at the possibility of losing Hawthorn, but what really, really hurt was that my children wouldn't be able to barrack for the Hawks. On GF Day 08, four of my kids came with me to the game. I loved the day, loved that we won, but the absolutely greatest treasure of the day was being able to share it with my kids.

Secondly, Clark wanted children and Lois seemed open to the idea. Had they not been able to have children, this would have opened up another aspect to the fic - and perhaps cast a sadness over what I wanted to be a perfectly happy ending. Therefore, I simply gave them two kids - no dramas, no incompatibility issues.

Laura It's up to you whether you want to think Dan and May ended up together. I think it's a fitting end for her, given how much she looked down on everything Australian!

Iolanthe I was not sure it would work - you were the one who kept assuring me it was working - thanks smile

2A2TV Yep, losing sucks. But the other side is that life must be pretty good if the result of a sports contest means so much.

Michael

I don't mind the questions at all, Michael. If I've left plot holes, I'd like to know about them.

How did Clark manage to rake in several thousand fights to Melbourne over two years?
The 'thousands of times' was a reference to 12 years, not 2.

And how are they able to make five trips to Australia per year.
I'm not sure where you got the 5 trips a year from. My thinking was ... 12 years, 2 trips a year, 4 flights a year, 48 flights - rounded up to 50.

The trip now is about 24 hours from the east coast of the USA to Melbourne. I'm not sure how long it was in 1996 - but you're right, you wouldn't come for just a day!

Also, how are they able to afford three months off a year for Australia?
Perry and Browny worked out the 'logistics' - I figure they worked for the Herald Sun during their times in Oz.

I hope that makes more sense. laugh

THANK YOU to everyone who shared this journey with me. I really appreciate your interest, encouragement, and lovely FDK.

'Trusting Me, Trusting You' is *very* different to/from ('to' is Australian, 'from' is American laugh ) AR. I'm stoked at how many are looking forward to it being posted, but I did want to warn that, if you're thinking it will be at all like AR, you might be disappointed. cool

Corrina.
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/04/10 07:47 PM
so sorry to see this finish, but I enjoyed it immensely! Thank you for sharing your stories with us, I look forward to each and every post, even the nail-biting ones! Can't wait for more!
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/04/10 07:59 PM
Like the others, I was sorry to see this finish, but like all good things, it had to come to an end.

And it was indeed an excellent end. You wrapped up a terrific alt-beginning for Lois and Clark with your obvious affection for Australian football in general and the Hawks in particular and made me care who won the final! I have to tell you that I was roo - er, cheering for the merger to fail and for Lois to figure out how to be the best footy reporter she could be while being married to Clark. I wanted to see all of Hawthorn stay separate, succeed, and win, and heal the breaches among the members, and become united once again.

And you did it! I know, you had the real Hawthorn history to fall back on, but you blended it so well with the romantic portion of the tale that in the end they were inseparable. Congratulations on an excellent tale so very well told.

Thanks for giving Clark and Lois such a wonderful Aussie family - not just the kids, but Ron and Barb and Seb and Chris and Browny and Banjo and all the other colorful characters you drew for us to enjoy.

A semi-personal note: A friend of mine visited Sydney a few years back and found a music store on the second floor of a building, accessed by a staircase to the front door. The name of the store was "Stairway to Kevin." Do you know it?

I'd wager a pint that there's a Kerth nom in the near future! Hurry and get it to the archive so you can qualify! Deadline for inclusion is December 31st! (Actually, it's a little more flexible than that, but hurry anyway!)
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/05/10 06:27 AM
Just now I caught up with this story and I'm glad I did so. If I was reading from the beginning in some moments it would be painful to wait for the next part. There were cliffhangers that I couldn't get to the next part fast enough. laugh Happily I could read it all in a few days. Great story! thumbsup I thought Brazilians loved football (some call it soccer, we call it football) but in Australia the passion for the sport is taken to another level. I couldn't have imagined it. wink I'm glad that your team survived and became stronger. Here it has never happened, but I know nobody would like to see their team merged with another. Long life for the hawks! [Linked Image]

Andreia
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/05/10 10:32 PM
Awesome story! wave
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/06/10 11:14 AM
Hi Corrina!

The 'thousands of times' was a reference to 12 years, not 2.
Okay, I admit, now I’m even more confused. I read this, assuming that Lois stayed in Melbourne during the first two years of their marriage, during which Clark kept her visiting sort of daily. And after that, they would stay together like superglue, traveling together between Australia and Metropolis. Which, of course, would negate the need for frequent visitation flights in the later years of their marriage.

I'm not sure where you got the 5 trips a year from. My thinking was ... 12 years, 2 trips a year, 4 flights a year, 48 flights - rounded up to 50.
Same reason as before. Frequent plane trips to Australia only after Lois moved to Metropolis.
The trip now is about 24 hours from the east coast of the USA to Melbourne. I'm not sure how long it was in 1996 - but you're right, you wouldn't come for just a day!
Huh, and here I thought Clark mentioned a 36-hour trip somewhere in the story. But that could just be a rusty mind blush
Perry and Browny worked out the 'logistics' - I figure they worked for the Herald Sun during their times in Oz.

I hope that makes more sense.
Yeah, it does. They’re timeshare reporters laugh I just didn’t expect the papers to support them *that* much.

Thanks for the details smile

Michael
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/07/10 04:57 AM
Sarah It's always great when someone says they were sorry when a fic finished. Thanks, Sarah.

Terry Re the Hawk merger story. I have thought for years that I'd like to write that story. I didn't imagine I would write it as a Lois and Clark story ... until Iolanthe suggested a footy story and my mind immediately leapt to the proposed merger.

I've only been to Sydney twice, so I'm not familiar with very much at all. I'm not aware of that music store - it has a clever name, though smile

The Archive blush blush blush I'll get my stories there one day. They can still be eligible though, even without getting to the archive.

Andreia Wow! The whole fic in just a few days.

The Brazilians are known for their love of soccer/football - they're pretty good at it, too.

I think the situation in Melbourne is unique - 12 clubs (originally) in one city. Although there are pockets where one club is more popular, the supporters of all the Victorian clubs pretty much rub shoulders all winter. Passion for your club just sort of develops in that atmosphere.

Evelyn Glad you like the diversity. smile I bore easily!

Michael

Okay, I admit, now I’m even more confused.
Ooops, sorry!

OK - first two years, Lois is in Melbourne for most of the year, but in Metropolis from October to December. As you said, Clark would have visited Melbourne almost daily.

Then - the next ten years. They are together, mostly in Metropolis. However, there would be reasons for Clark to sneak Lois home the unconventional way - to see Seb and Chris, to overcome Lois's touches of homesickness (smell the wattle, listen to the magpies, hug a gum tree laugh ) or to catch some Hawthorn games (disguised, of course, and *not* in the spandex.) During their official visits to Melbourne, Clark would have flown home regularly to be Superman or to visit his parents.

All that adds up to a lot of unoffical trips - some together, some with Clark alone.

Newspapers will support anything if the reporters get the good stories!

I hope that makes it clearer, Michael.

Thanks,

Corrina.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/07/10 05:31 AM
Yeah... thanks! blush

Michael
Posted By: caincrazy Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/07/10 02:00 PM
Ok, so I just spent the whole weekend reading this story and loved it. I am an Aussie and was able to relate to the story really well. I thought it was great how you put a glossary and links at the end of each part to explain certain things to those that may not understand. I loved the fact the Lois an Clark seemed to like each other straight away. They went to great lengths to be together and it was a happy ending for Lois and Clark, which I love.

Cant wait to read you next story.
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/07/10 03:55 PM
hug a gum tree
thumbsup
Elizabeth
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/08/10 03:56 PM
Glad we got it sorted, Michael.

Caincrazy Thanks for a Sydneysider's perspective. I think the whole Melb-Syd battle is silly. I've only been to Sydney twice, but I loved it both times.

Elizabeth laugh

Corrina.
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/08/10 04:01 PM
smell the wattle, listen to the magpies, hug a gum tree
I know magpies (birds) and gum trees (well, a type of tree wink ) , but what the heck is wattle that you smell? confused
regards
Artemis
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/08/10 04:12 PM
The wattles are flowering right now and every time I go bike riding with my son, I'm reminded of how wonderful they smell.

Wattle is a tree/large shrub that is covered in yellow flowers in spring.

Others might know them as Acacias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 11/08/10 06:35 PM
Oh, yes, acacias. Thank you. They grow here too.
Happy smelling. Wattles doesn't sound like a pretty flower name!
regards
Artemis
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 01/22/11 02:53 PM
I just saw Tim Tams in our local WalMart! They've made their way to these shores. Maybe it's because we have quite a few Aussies living and working here! At least now I know what they are.
And I found out they've been in the States since 2008, but I'd never seen them before. From Wikipedia:
Pepperidge Farm, a sister company of Arnott's, brought the Tim Tam to the United States in the fall of 2008, with select distribution of caramel and chocolate crème flavours in Target stores, exclusively but nationwide. At that time, Pepperidge Farm launched an online community site that allowed users to track the cookies' journey from Australia to U.S. stores. The product is still "Made in Australia".

In the fall of 2009, Pepperidge Farm announced that Tim Tam biscuits will be made available each year between October and March (although still available year round in some of the northern states), in various stores. The brand also premiered the Classic Dark flavour in the United States, in addition to extending distribution of Caramel and Chocolate Crème flavours to supermarkets and grocery stores across the country.

A 7-ounce/200g package contains 11 biscuits.

Tim Tams available from "Cost Plus World Markets" in the USA do not bear the name "Tim Tam" on the wrapper and are branded as "Arnott's Original".
Thanks again, FH!
Artemis
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/06/11 07:49 AM
Just finished this one. Wow! Loved how it all ended. I figured out that "dan & may" was Scardino and Mayson.

Overall, a wonderful story!
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/22/15 01:38 AM
Rather a late response on this - I was hoping to download the story as an epub, but it doesn't seem to be on the archive. Is it on line anywhere else?
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/22/15 05:31 AM
As far as I know, there is none.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/22/15 05:37 AM
Last I heard Female Hawk was still reworking it for the Archives. It must have ended up on her back burner.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/22/15 09:07 PM
OK.. I suppose I could put the chapters together as a word document and convert it for my own use, but if she isn't happy with it I'd better not.
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/24/15 09:01 AM
Go right ahead, Marcus. smile
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/24/15 12:26 PM
So the question comes to mind; will this fic ever be posted?
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/24/15 08:00 PM
Given that there are 85 chapters I could convert them to an epub or something over a few evenings, but it wouldn't be edited or particularly tidy, getting it ready for the archive would need a lot more work than I can commit to right now.
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/27/15 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Morgana
So the question comes to mind; will this fic ever be posted?

It's already posted on the boards. As for the archive ... it's not just the story, it's the many links that I posted with the story. I reckon there's a good chance that many of them don't work now. Marcus (and anyone else) is welcome to copy, adapt, change to whatever format suits for their own use or even to pass on to other FoLCs to read.

I can't give any estimate as to when it might be on the archive. If I had to list the top 500 jobs awaiting my time and energy right now, it wouldn't be there frown Sorry.

Corrina.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 03/27/15 02:03 PM
I meant to say, would it ever be posted to the archives. Thanks for answering my question. wave
Posted By: Shallowford Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 04/04/15 01:38 PM
I finished the story this week after a few marathon sessions. It's amazing. I feel a strange affection and connection to a sport I've never seen in a city I've never visited. Thanks for the great story. I also realize that "Just Say Noah" doesn't have as much to do with your username as I thought it did.

I looked up footy on Youtube in the hopes of watching some and found the Grand Final highlights. Congratulations on the 2014 Grand Final by the way! hyper I found myself looking for certain numbers on their jumpers.... I saw some great plays but, unfortunately, I have about as much trouble following it onscreen as hockey. It looks like I'll just have to come see a game or two in person.

Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 04/06/15 12:19 PM
Thanks for reading and also the kind words re 2014. The 2015 season started today - back at the footy again dance

I love that you 'feel a connection'. When I began writing this fic, I wasn't sure it would be possible to convey what Hawthorn means to me and thousands of others.

Let me know if you are able to visit Melbourne. If you come between April and August, maybe we can go to the footy together. thumbsup

Corrina.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 04/21/15 07:32 PM
Apologies for my slowness - I got about the first third downloaded and pasted into a single file then realised that a lot of the links hadn't copied properly and wouldn't work. I think I'm going to have to start from scratch and do things a little differently, but it'll probably take a while, I've a lot on at present.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 04/27/15 09:13 PM
Here we go - first of all a single HTML file.

Just to make things clear, the text is completely unedited - I used Archive of Our Own's import file system to create the document, cut all of the page headers etc. from the L&C boards in each chapter, then saved it as an HTML page and edited it to put in Female Hawk as its author since AO3 thought that I was. Apart from that and changing the title of the last bit to "Notes" I haven't edited the story at all. Currently it's in my Dropbox, since the link is ridiculously long I've used TinyURL to make it a bit more manageable.

http://tinyurl.com/lb66zgw

I'll try my hand at making an epub file next, should be up in the next few hours if there are no unforeseen snags.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 04/27/15 09:31 PM
Well, that was a lot easier than I expected - here's the epub

http://tinyurl.com/lvgszyr

Please let me know if there are any problems with either version.

Note - some of the links to other sites in both versions don't work, presumably the content has been removed since the chapters were originally posted.
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 09/09/18 12:34 PM
Well I have to thank you Marcus, for reviving this thread. I had never read this one before and it was fantastic.

Female Hawk, I spent the better part of the weekend glued to my screen. What a beautifully written story from start to finish.
Posted By: SupesFan Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 09/10/18 04:38 AM
I, too, have read this story from beginning to end over this last week . Wow! I learned a great deal about Australian soccer. Amazing story line and “B” plot(s). Rich, vivid imagery as well as romantic development(s) for our two love birds. Really, really loved this tale.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 09/11/18 11:51 PM
Female Hawk isn't on the boards much at all these days, but she wrote quite a bit of fiction, all of it excellent. I would encourage everyone reading this to check out her other stories . If you are in the mood for something incredible powerful, and are willing to read a story that starts out extremely WHAMmy, I would recommend Trusting Me, Trusting You . I have an especial fondness for The Gift of Words , and not just because she wrote it as a birthday present for me. But really, you can't go wrong with anything she wrote.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK - Aussie Rules - Epilogue - 09/12/18 11:33 AM
Yes, those are both excellent. I have read everything she’s writing on the archive but hadn’t seen Aussie Rules since it isn’t there. So glad it came upon it.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards