Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MLT FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/03/10 04:00 AM
Well, folks, that's it; that's all. Hope you all enjoyed the ride.

ML wave
I'm the first to post! (One benefit of living in Germany...)

Anyway, WAFFs all around... what a sweet ending! Thanks so much for your story. Loved the plot and all your clever uses of characterizations... so much fun!!

party
Hi ML,

Brava! Well done! whinging

So...When will the next ML fic be posted? smile

Joy,
Lynn
Hmm, I think Lynn's got a great idea there laugh

smile1 thumbsup

“I love it,” she said, fingering the delicate piece of jewelry affectionately even as she realized that there was space to add more stones - if necessary. She wasn’t quite sure how she felt about that. Still, for now she pushed the thought aside. There would be plenty of time to think about that in the years to come.
Hmm, I'd call that just planning ahead on Clark's part. After all, with their track-record they will need the space sooner rather than later evil

Michael, who's now got to figure out how to reverse the transmorphification from human to goo.
Delightful.
Posted By: DW Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/03/10 09:51 AM
I totally loved the story!

clap clap clap clap

And Lynn definitely has a great idea!

laugh
Pretty much whatever everyone else said, Loved the story, sad it's over. And this was especially LOL for me
“I know nothing,” Molly said, but the tone of her voice told Lois a different story.

“Sure, pull a Schultz on me now,” Lois grumbled playfully as she was pulled through the apartment to Charlie’s bedroom
LOL!! I totally remember that as a kid. My dad still uses that line. Thanks for the memories.

You've inspired me with the birthstones. I've always wanted a mother's ring with mine and my hubby's stones included.

Anyway, well done, thanks for the entertaining read.
Posted By: MLT Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/03/10 11:57 AM
Thanks guys for all the support. Glad you enjoyed the story. As for what I'm working on now... getting ready for Thanksgiving. laugh

ML wave
Wow! What an awesome story! clap I have absolutely enjoyed it. Even when you tortured all of us! smile I waited for 9 pm (my time) every day I knew you were going to be posting, as my roommate can attest to, LOL!

I’ll be waiting anxiously for your next story to post.... (Hint, hint) grovel
Lovely ending smile . Fluff, fluff, fluff!! I enjoyed this story inmensely and this epilogue was the perfect way to wrap it up.

Thanks for a very fun ride and hope you're feeling better and can enjoy Thanksgiving properly smile
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/03/10 05:33 PM
thumbsup

Kathy
Wonderful fic. And what everybody else said.

Now... It's over! (waahh!) whinging
One thing I still have a question about. Why was it so important for Lois to miss a year of school? Was that just to make sure she'd be over 18 when she met Clark, or was there another reason?
Posted By: mika Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/04/10 02:07 AM
WOW!!!!!! What an amazing story. I love, love, love it. It has become one of my favorites. What talent you have!!! It is so very well written. I love the relationship between Lois and Clark. The best thing about the story is how smart you made Lois. I love how she picks up on things and doesnt just let it drop. Lois was definately not "Galactaly Stupid".

It was fun reading how you would incorporate characters into the story from the show and the role they would play. It was fun watching Lois and Clark fall for each other while Lois was still young. I love stories that have them get together early than normal.

I love time travel stories and you really did it justice in this story. It was quite mind boggling. You handled it very well and I didnt get confused at all. I am amazed at how you had it all work out in the end. You had me very worried at times and I would wonder how you were going to resolve it, and you did, beautifully.

I have read all of your stories and have loved them all. You are a very talented writer and story teller. I also love that you finish what you start. I really hope that you have more stories in mind because you are to good of an author to quit.

Great job on this story and congrats on finishing another awesome story. Hope to read more in the future.
Way to wrap up the story! I love that H.G. Wells decided to save Lois my moving her through time.

I loved how you "solved" the paradoxes and gave back to alt-Clark what he desired most, next to Lois, his secret identity.

Also loved that Molly was so internet "smart" and that she got a nice guy in the shape of Daniel.

James
Thank you for the wonderful ride. It was a very nice ending to the whole affair! Laura thumbsup
LOVED this story ML. Sorry I got behind on posting but I was keeping up with the reading. I feel so satisfied and yet... so bereft. Look at what you've done to me... hyper grovel
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/04/10 11:11 AM
Yes, this was a wonderful story, ML, the best, in my opinion, that has been psoted here for a long time!

Ann
Awwwwww... Better than chocolate. [Linked Image]I melted while reading. [Linked Image]

Just two questions:

When will we get a new ML fic?

What does Alpha Nu Rho stand for? Did somebody guess it right?

Andreia
Posted By: MLT Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/04/10 12:45 PM
I waited for 9 pm (my time) every day I knew you were going to be posting, as my roommate can attest to
I was going to apologize for ruining your social life for the past month, but I'm too tickled-pink that you were so invested that I'm not going to. Glad you enjoyed it. laugh

One thing I still have a question about. Why was it so important for Lois to miss a year of school? Was that just to make sure she'd be over 18 when she met Clark, or was there another reason?
Basically, what you said. I was concerned about the age difference between Lois and Clark and since I couldn't have Clark come back much before he did because of the time lines on the show, I decided that by having Lois lose a year of school, I could at least make sure that she wasn't a teenager when she got involved with/married a thirty year old Clark.

You had me very worried at times and I would wonder how you were going to resolve it
Well, that makes two of us because I had me worried at times as to how I was going to resolve it. laugh It was like trying to juggle a dozen grenades. I kept wondering when I was going drop one without realizing it and have the entire story blow up in my face.

In other words... It was fun. thumbsup (And now you all know the reason why I never write using an outline - what would be the fun of writing if I knew I was going to be able to work things out at the end? laugh )

Also loved that Molly was so internet "smart" and that she got a nice guy in the shape of Daniel.
I have to say that I found that I loved writing Molly. At first, I was going to have Molly fade into the background when Clark came on the scene. But by then, I had fallen in love with Lois having a best friend who was female and really enjoyed exploring that relationship and so, as a reward, I had to give her a happy ending, too (oh, and bag loads of money cool )

Anyway, I'm thrilled that you all enjoyed the story. And thanks for sticking with me through it (even when I tortured you by ending parts at the worst possible moment laugh ).

ML wave
Posted By: MLT Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/04/10 12:57 PM
Andreia, it seems I was composing my post while you were posting so...

What does Alpha Nu Rho stand for? Did somebody guess it right?
I was wondering if anyone was going to ask. And, no, no one guessed. And I did say that if someone asked at the end, I'd explain. So...

Think about the way we use the word: Alpha.

Alpha male
Alpha female
Alpha dog.

In every case, the alpha is the leader.

Then think about Nellie McClung's quote: "Never retreat. Never explain. Never apologize. Just get the job done and let them howl."

Alpha Nu Rho means... Alphas never retreat.

Figured that was a great slogan for any sorority Lois decided to be a part of. laugh (And thank you Carol for giving me that idea when both you and Gerry vetoed Nu Nu Nu as the name of the sorority laugh )

(Told you it wasn't as easy as Beta Beta standing for Bad Boys. However, if you originally figured out what Beta Beta stood for, you'd have instantly known who the real bad guys were in my story: Bob and Ryan, both Beta Beta members)

ML wave
I just read this start to finish and OMG. LOVED IT SOOOOOO MUCH! I love your writing style and your plots. I love the way you write about Alt Clark and how you always give him a happy ending with more than a few bumps along the way.

I absolutely adore Charlie!!!!!

Thank you sooo much for taking the time to write this for us. I enjoyed it so much!
Posted By: MLT Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/05/10 05:10 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, bellarase.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving everyone.

ML wave
Posted By: KateB Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/05/10 06:45 PM
That was a wonderful story ML smile1 And I am sad it is over sad Thanks a lot ML hail
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/05/10 07:13 PM
Ovreall a very good story and one that was enjoyable to read.

Your Lois was bright, determined, and cute, all good traits for a Lois Lane.

Not sure that the inclusion of the kid was absolutely necessary, but then I never feel the inclusion of a kid is necessary.

Once again, 'that which is meant to be' triumphs over all those niggling problems that seem to plague our couple.

Looking forward to more from the talented digits of MLT.

Thanks

Tank (who was a bit disappointed that the gentle readers weren't privy to the proper haircut that Lois must have gotten since we saw her with shorter hair in the picture you provided)
Posted By: MLT Re: FDK - The Time Traveler's Wife - Epilogue - 10/07/10 06:01 PM
Thanks, guys. Glad you enjoyed it. And, sorry, Tank, about the kid. It wasn't my fault, really. It just sort of... happened. laugh

Well, the posting schedule seems to have worked. The story is posted and my company arrives tomorrow and I actually seem to be ready. Now that's what I call a happy ending. laugh

ML wave
Obviously very late to the party and I don't normally post feedback but: just read this and holy cannoli, that was quite a ride! I have been catching up on years of fic here for the past year or so. And honestly have read very few alt world stories because really, how many times can it be told? However you defied the odds and I am in complete awe of this story.
I loved how seamlessly you weaved different characters in and out and absolutely LOVE Molly. Lois needs a female friend.

Anyway, wow. Just wow. I loved it!

And now I shall go back and see which ML stories I have yet to read....
Originally posted by hewsonaly:
Obviously very late to the party and I don't normally post feedback but: just read this and holy cannoli, that was quite a ride! I have been catching up on years of fic here for the past year or so. And honestly have read very few alt world stories because really, how many times can it be told? However you defied the odds and I am in complete awe of this story.
I loved how seamlessly you weaved different characters in and out and absolutely LOVE Molly. Lois needs a female friend.

Anyway, wow. Just wow. I loved it!

And now I shall go back and see which ML stories I have yet to read....
That pretty much describes how I felt when I first read this story. I loved it and totally agree with you (and am recommending it constantly). But I may be a little biased. THIS was the first FanFic story that I ever read and convinced me to read more and maybe even try to write one of my own.

So, it's all YOUR fault, MLT. lol
Hi there,
Re-reading this story again after several years and am just noticing that there hasn't really been anything from ML Thompson in awhile. Does anyone hear from them? MLT: If you are still on these baords, just want you to know how much I've thoroughly enjoyed reading (and re-reading) your stories.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards