Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Andreia, it seems I was composing my post while you were posting so...

What does Alpha Nu Rho stand for? Did somebody guess it right?
I was wondering if anyone was going to ask. And, no, no one guessed. And I did say that if someone asked at the end, I'd explain. So...

Think about the way we use the word: Alpha.

Alpha male
Alpha female
Alpha dog.

In every case, the alpha is the leader.

Then think about Nellie McClung's quote: "Never retreat. Never explain. Never apologize. Just get the job done and let them howl."

Alpha Nu Rho means... Alphas never retreat.

Figured that was a great slogan for any sorority Lois decided to be a part of. laugh (And thank you Carol for giving me that idea when both you and Gerry vetoed Nu Nu Nu as the name of the sorority laugh )

(Told you it wasn't as easy as Beta Beta standing for Bad Boys. However, if you originally figured out what Beta Beta stood for, you'd have instantly known who the real bad guys were in my story: Bob and Ryan, both Beta Beta members)

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just read this start to finish and OMG. LOVED IT SOOOOOO MUCH! I love your writing style and your plots. I love the way you write about Alt Clark and how you always give him a happy ending with more than a few bumps along the way.

I absolutely adore Charlie!!!!!

Thank you sooo much for taking the time to write this for us. I enjoyed it so much!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you enjoyed it, bellarase.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving everyone.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
That was a wonderful story ML smile1 And I am sad it is over sad Thanks a lot ML hail

KateB
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Ovreall a very good story and one that was enjoyable to read.

Your Lois was bright, determined, and cute, all good traits for a Lois Lane.

Not sure that the inclusion of the kid was absolutely necessary, but then I never feel the inclusion of a kid is necessary.

Once again, 'that which is meant to be' triumphs over all those niggling problems that seem to plague our couple.

Looking forward to more from the talented digits of MLT.

Thanks

Tank (who was a bit disappointed that the gentle readers weren't privy to the proper haircut that Lois must have gotten since we saw her with shorter hair in the picture you provided)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, guys. Glad you enjoyed it. And, sorry, Tank, about the kid. It wasn't my fault, really. It just sort of... happened. laugh

Well, the posting schedule seems to have worked. The story is posted and my company arrives tomorrow and I actually seem to be ready. Now that's what I call a happy ending. laugh

ML wave

H
Blogger
Blogger
H
Obviously very late to the party and I don't normally post feedback but: just read this and holy cannoli, that was quite a ride! I have been catching up on years of fic here for the past year or so. And honestly have read very few alt world stories because really, how many times can it be told? However you defied the odds and I am in complete awe of this story.
I loved how seamlessly you weaved different characters in and out and absolutely LOVE Molly. Lois needs a female friend.

Anyway, wow. Just wow. I loved it!

And now I shall go back and see which ML stories I have yet to read....

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by hewsonaly:
Obviously very late to the party and I don't normally post feedback but: just read this and holy cannoli, that was quite a ride! I have been catching up on years of fic here for the past year or so. And honestly have read very few alt world stories because really, how many times can it be told? However you defied the odds and I am in complete awe of this story.
I loved how seamlessly you weaved different characters in and out and absolutely LOVE Molly. Lois needs a female friend.

Anyway, wow. Just wow. I loved it!

And now I shall go back and see which ML stories I have yet to read....
That pretty much describes how I felt when I first read this story. I loved it and totally agree with you (and am recommending it constantly). But I may be a little biased. THIS was the first FanFic story that I ever read and convinced me to read more and maybe even try to write one of my own.

So, it's all YOUR fault, MLT. lol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Hi there,
Re-reading this story again after several years and am just noticing that there hasn't really been anything from ML Thompson in awhile. Does anyone hear from them? MLT: If you are still on these baords, just want you to know how much I've thoroughly enjoyed reading (and re-reading) your stories.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard