Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/02/09 05:39 PM
I'll post the rest of this part as soon as I can - Tuesday or Wednesday if possible.

I'll put it in the same thread and change the title to 'Awaken My Heart (16/?) so you'll know the rest has been added.

Thanks for your wonderful enthusiasm for my fic.

Corrina.
Posted By: lcfan99 Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/02/09 07:14 PM
What a beautiful scene! Being able to communicate without the artificial voices of the translators. And Kal loves her! Of course we knew that already!

Just a comment: Seems to me Kal picked up English quite well for someone who supposedly had never heard it before..... Could this be because he has been on Earth at some point?!?! laugh
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/02/09 08:20 PM
Aww, that's so sweet. I must admit, that's not what I thought Kal wanted to "try" with Lois at the end of Part 15. (/me slaps mind for living in the gutter) But I figure that was your intention.
More soon!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/02/09 09:38 PM
Aw that was so sweet! He understood more then I thought he would. Nice. Laura
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/02/09 11:23 PM
This really is sweet. It's just so [Linked Image] love

Kal did pick up the language awfully quickly. Could there be some telepathy going on with someone's soulmate?

Then again, I believe it is canon that Clark was exceptionally skilled in picking up languages. So, the idea that as Kal he could pick up Lois's language should not need any "magic" explanation.

Bob
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/02/09 11:32 PM
That was just a lovely chapter! Okay, that was the second time you made us think that sex was going to be "inserted" into their relationship just like that. The first time was when you ended a chapter by having Lois say to Kal, "Come to bed with me and I'll show you something", and we all had those incredible gutter-images in our minds. But Lois just gave Kal a neck- and shoulders massage. And now you made us think that Kal was talking about that diagram of lovemaking when he said to Lois that they should try something together. You tease, you! razz clap clap

It was adorable and so appropriate that Kal wanted to turn off their translators so that he and Lois could learn each other's languages. Indeed, if Lois is going to stay on New Krypton, it would be downright wrong of her not to try to learn the Kryptonian language. (And she wants to learn to write in Kryptonian too, I might add.)

I agree that Kal was an extremely quick learner. He seemed to understand the word "unusual" just like that, even though that adjective could have meant pretty much anything. But I think that Kal and Lois have such a rapport and can read each other so well that they understand each other without words, and that way they can read the proper meaning into each other's foreign words.

The whole scene, when Kal was learning English from Lois, was just adorable. I loved how Kal said "kiss", and then he proceeded to kiss Lois, and he was the one who was in control of the kiss.

Ann
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/03/09 12:52 AM
Thanks everyone ... so glad you liked this scene.

Ann - the first tease was somewhat unintentional - when I edit it I'll probably change Lois's line to 'Come over here and I'll show you,' thereby leaving out the reference to the bed.

The second one however was certainly deliberate and meant to be suggestive. laugh

Just one point re Kal picking up the language - he has been watching her *very* closely, he has great motivation and he's already learnt some of the sounds when he said words that had no Kryptonian equivalent, such as love.

Thanks to everyone for their FDK

Corrina.
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/03/09 06:37 AM
Corrina,

Thanks so much for posting one last time before leaving for Canada.

I loved this chapter! I have been especially intrigued by the entire language/culture problem, and especially by the translator concept. This, because I've lived the past 30 years in a country with a culture and a language different from my own. Luckily, my husband does speak English, although it's not his first language, and I speak Spanish as a second language. Still, you'd be surprized at how much gets lost in the translation. How often I have wished there were such a thing as your translator-gizmo!

I loved the part where Lois heard Kal's voice for the first time. Even after all these years, I still find my husband's soft, deep voice incredibly appealing and, well, sexy. I'm glad Lois was equally taken by Kal's voice:

Her name on his lips was like honey being poured through her heart.
Awwww.... sweet.

Enjoy your trip! hyper
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/03/09 09:31 AM
Gasp! You're leaving us now? With all this unresolved? (just kidding)
Enjoy your trip to family and Canada!
neighborly
Artemis
Posted By: smileyem Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/03/09 05:32 PM
WOW, WOW, WOW! Thank you for treating us to such a wonderful L&K chapter (or part chapter) before you went away. clap Once again.

Emma
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/04/09 12:49 AM
Ann said:

It was adorable and so appropriate that Kal wanted to turn off their translators so that he and Lois could learn each other's languages. Indeed, if Lois is going to stay on New Krypton, it would be downright wrong of her not to try to learn the Kryptonian language.
Emma said:

The Translator is so vital for her which is, of course, why it is such a good idea as she is apparently staying on New Krypton to learn to manage without it.
I'm thinking just the opposite. If Kal is going to go to Earth, he needs to know English.

Lois has made absolutely no progress whatsoever in learning Kryptonian. When Kal turned off his translator, Lois heard only guttural sounds. To her, Kryptonian doesn't even sound like a language; she doesn't hear words, she hears what sounds like the bark of a dog.

Kal stood and again offered her his hand. He led her through the room, pointing at different things as Lois gave him the names and he repeated them.
Lois isn't learning Kryptonian; Kal is learning English. Which gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, they'll make it back to Earth. smile1

I really do hope they go back to Earth. I was just re-reading the section where Jib and Lois talk about the rules on New Krypton concerning who gets first dibs on concubines razz , and I've got to tell you - I don't much like New Krypton.
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/04/09 02:52 AM
Vicki said:

Lois has made absolutely no progress whatsoever in learning Kryptonian. When Kal turned off his translator, Lois heard only guttural sounds. To her, Kryptonian doesn't even sound like a language; she doesn't hear words, she hears what sounds like the bark of a dog.
If I may be so bold...

People all over the world learn English. People who speak English as their first language often don't make that much of an effort to learn other languages.

Lois is a native English-speaker. Maybe, deep down and on a subconscious level, she feels that she shouldn't be obliged to learn Kryptonian, but the NKers should learn English instead. And indeed, Kal is learning English.

I agree with Vicki. I would indeed prefer that Lois and Kal go to Earth rather than that they stay on New Krypton. On the other hand, I don't doubt that Lois will give Kal such an inspiration that they can give New Krypton an extreme makeover and turn it into a much, much better place than it is now.

Ann
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/04/09 06:22 AM
So... let's see smile

“What?” she attempted to say, except it wasn’t actually possible to summon enough air to vibrate her vocal cords.
/hears drums announcing the big revelation/

I’d like both of us to turn off our Translators,” Kal said. “I want you to talk to me. I want to see how much I can underst-.”
Wait? What now?

“I haven’t,” Kal admitted. His fingers dived into the dark hair above his left ear, hesitated for a moment, then dropped. He opened his mouth and spoke in the guttural sounds she remembered from before they had inserted her translator.
Now Kal certainly didn’t score any brownie points with that action. Actually, the only thing he could have done worse was switching off Lois’ translator instead.

She didn’t have – didn’t *want* to have – the willpower to back away. What she *wanted* to do was reach up, find his mouth and allow her instincts the freedom of expression they were demanding.
Is it possible you’re pulling a double-flip on us?

Then she remembered the diagram.

Kissing him now - particularly kissing him the way she wanted to ... she couldn’t do that unless she was prepared to go much further than kissing.

And she was.
Hmm…

But she wasn’t sure now was the right time.

And what she had with Kal was too good ... too perfect ... to risk just because her hormones had gone into meltdown over one superbly-honed male body.
Yeah, would be a really bad idea. Yeah.

Kal caressed his fingers along her smile. “Love,” he said experimentally.
Awwwwwww

Suddenly, Lois realised that *he* was kissing her. Until now, she had determined the timing and the depth and the intensity of their kisses.

But she was definitely not in control now.

*Kal* was kissing her.
Hmm… Did he read the book after all? Nah.

Kal broke away from her and picked up a pile of paper and a pencil from the desk, then offered Lois his hand. She took it and he led her to the bed and gestured for her to sit down. He pulled the chair closer and sat down, his knees butted against the bed, his thighs adjacent to hers.
Not sure when exactly, but something in there, I wondered if their first time would be with translators off and communication just carried on to the next level.

“I love you in your language,” Kal said. “And I love you in my language too.”

Lois felt her heart flood with joy. Her translator still worked. But more wondrous ... infinitely more wondrous ... Kal loved her.
Awwwwwww and we so need a puddle-of-goo smiley.

You know, Corrina, this part reminded me again, that you post parts that are at least twice as long as what’s usual in this part of the Net. And I have no idea how you do it clap

Michael, hoping you’re having a great trip smile
Posted By: smileyem Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/04/09 10:56 AM
You're quite right Vicki, Lois hasn't learned a word of Kryptonian yet has she! I'm pretty sure she will though. It's not like Lois to let it be all one way with Kal learning her language but her not learning his.

As for them going to earth, I've had a feeling they might end up doing all the way through. It seems so sad with Lois having family and friends left there. Kal doesn't really have anyone except for her. Someone would need to rule New Krypton, though maybe Za will be able to with Ching. Either way, whether they stay or go, I'm sure they will first make New Krypton a much better place.

I have a feeling the answer to a lot of this will lie in the secret but I could be so completely on the wrong track. I still haven't a clue what the secret could be! It's getting closer to being revealed!! hyper
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/04/09 02:35 PM
Yeah, what they said. I don't have any particular insights to add. Just wanted to chime in with the 'this is brilliant' chorus.

thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/04/09 06:28 PM
Emma,

I totally agree. Who would Kal miss if he left? Probably Tek, but that's about it. Lois, on the other hand, misses her parents, her sister, Perry, and Jimmy, and who knows who else. Plus, I prefer our awe-inspiring planet to their cold, bleak, rainless, red-tinged world. Finally, and here I admit to being just a tad biased, but I definitely prefer American culture to that of New Krypton. (I actually prefer quite a few Earth cultures to that of New Krypton, but in this story the only two possiblities for where they might end up seem to be New Troy or New Krypton.)

Corrina,

I'm not sure if you will even get a chance to come online, but on the off chance you do, let me say I hope you are enjoying your vacation so far, and that you aren't *too* jetlagged! Here's a hint for you: if it's daytime and your body absolutely insists that it needs sleep, instead of napping inside, take a chair out on the porch and nap in the sun. Just pretend you are Superman, recovering from a bout of Kryptonite. wink The more sun you get during the day, the quicker your body will adjust. smile
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/04/09 10:20 PM
Crazy busy-ness caused me to catch up on 14, 15 and 16a tonight. Given that it's past midnight, I was tempted to just sigh in private happiness and skip leaving feedback until tomorrow, but a glance at my schedule for the next few days made me realize I should do it now -- the last thing this story deserves is for me to get too busy to tell you how wonderful these last few chapters have been.

Chapter 14 was sad, but it was a conversation that absolutely needed to happen and it ended on a hopeful note. Chapter 15 was fabulous -- we learned so much about NK and Ard (I'm even more convinced Tek is good!), and I adored Riz. Someone posted in their feedback that she was like NK's version of Lois, and I love that description. But beyond that, I think she's something else very special -- Lois's first real friend, aside from Kal. Tek and Jib and Mo are all warming to her, but I think she's just connected with Riz and that connection will make them both happy. After all, no matter what planet you live on, we girls need our BFFs to talk to. goofy

As for the end of Chapter 15 -- I LOL'ed at the cliffhanger because I thought it was going to be something bad and here it turned out to be something fun -- and the beginning of Chapter 16, I just want to say how much I appreciate the tone of this story. There have been a few dark parts, no question, but overall, the tone of the story has been fresh and exciting and fascinating and thought-provoking. I'm sure we'll eventually hit some significant angst -- I don't trust Nor as far as I can throw him! -- but I also trust that you will resolve it wonderfully.

I hope you are enjoying your trip to see your daughter, and are able to log on to see your feedback. You deserve every bit of it. smile
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/05/09 07:24 AM
Hi guys.

Thanks for all the wonderful FDK!!

I really appreciate it.

I'm in NYC having met my daughter here last night. Now son, daughter and self are spending a week journeying to Montreal where my daughter lives.

Funny moment - for me anyway - receptionist on phone to daughter who had already arrived at hotel - 'Your mom's in the lobby.' I've never been referred to as a mom before.
smile1

I'll post more fic as soon as I can

Corrina
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/05/09 09:09 AM
Hope you have a good time with the family. This made me curious:
I've never been referred to as a mom before.
What do they call you? I can see why the receptionist said that. That's what we're all called.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/05/09 09:25 AM
In Australia they would call you a Mum, right?

Ann
Posted By: smileyem Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/05/09 12:37 PM
Yeah, that will be it, they have Mums in Australia, just like over here!

Wow, NYC, I would love to go there. It's top of my list of must-visit places. Is it your first trip to the US/Canada Corrina?

You're very, very welcome for the FDK, hope you are having a fantastic time. Make the most of it, no pressure for the next part - what am I saying!!! Maybe a teeny tiny bit of pressure. wink

Em smile
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/05/09 04:03 PM
You should be glad they called you a Mom here. If they called you a mum, they'd be telling your daughter they had pretty flowers for her in the lobby. lol

Kathy
Posted By: Rac Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/05/09 04:54 PM
Damn fine resolution to the cliffhanger! That'll teach Lois (and us) to have our minds in the gutter! Like everyone else, I thoroughly enjoyed this part. Riz is a terrific character and it's really great that Lois has finally met someone (besides Kal) who shows some interest in the art of conversation.

Have a wonderful vacation. We'll be waiting patiently for the next part!

Regards,

Rac
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/06/09 10:32 PM
Hey you are in my neck of the woods! Enjoy it! I am about 50 miles away form NYC. I am in the suburbs of Long Island. Hope you have a great time. Laura
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 01:14 AM
Hi there

The second part of 16 is ready, but I'm on a bus between NYC and Buffalo and the internet is very unreliable.
wallbash
If it will work long enough, I'll have it posted soon. If not, I'll try tomorrow.

Corrina.

And yes, I'm a 'mum'!!
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 01:27 AM
Corrina,

If you're driving from NYC to Montreal, you will have driven past my old hometown - Kingston, NY. I doubt you would have had cause to get off the Thruway (unless, of course, you're driving up 9W, which takes you straight through town), but for what it's worth, that's where I grew up! smile

If I recall correctly, this should be about the right time to catch the fall folliage, so it should be a pretty drive up to Canada. I hope you're enjoying your trip!
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 01:33 AM
Hey, we were posting at the same time. You're on a bus headed to Buffalo?? I think you got on the wrong bus! laugh

Edited to add: Oh, I get it. Are you taking a detour over to catch Niagara Falls? That should be fun.
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 08:27 AM
OK, 16 part b is posted.

I don't have any time to do a final re-read, so I hope it doesn't have too many typos.

Thanks for your patience.

Corrina
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 08:36 AM
buffalo? well, that should be a nice drive, but thank goodness it hasn't snowed yet, right? cuz buffalo...i'm cold already!
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 08:46 AM
Great part, Corinna. I can't wait for your writing of "tomorrow'.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 10:42 AM
Yes, great part, Corinna. So, Tek has the knowledge of a scientist, but he is forced to be a servant? Something tells me that Kal might find the solution to the water problem on New Krypton right there, with Tek.

Ann
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 10:49 AM
uh i don't see 16b did anyone else see it? confused
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 10:54 AM
16b was added to the original 16a posting. i think its just part 16 now. find it - its great!
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 10:58 AM
Corrina added 16b to the bottom of her post of 16a, and changed the name of the post from 16a to 16, indicating it is now complete. smile

Oh, Sarah beat me to it. Well, I second her suggestion: read it - it's great!
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 12:29 PM
Got i thanks
smile
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 12:47 PM
I think Tek has given Kal lessons on Courting 101. And Kal is a quick study. The natural leader in him is coming through; he's full of plans for how to win Lois for himself and get past the barriers between them.
Posted By: smileyem Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 01:10 PM
What a nice surprise to see the rest of Part 16 when I got home from work. It really made my day.

Oooh - Kal has a plan wink But what does it entail?! Again, it's easy to think it involves a certain piece of knowledge he's recently acquired from a certain diagram, plus a little info from Tek, but I've been wrong when going down that road before! It could involve his secret (we're getting close to the reveal of that) or it could just be a different approch to get Lois to agree to marry him (which could be linked to the other two points!). Or, as is most likely, none of those!!

Lois wondered if she sensed a wistfulness in his tone. “Do you hope you will have children one day?” she asked, trying to keep her tone even. “With Za?”

“That is why we are married,” Kal said, his face closed and unreadable. “Did you like visiting Riz?”
Hmm, changed the subject a bit quickly there methinks! If it was a few days before, I would have thought it was just Kal being naive, thinking 'oh well, better luck with next month's sample!' but now he is quite likely better informed I wonder at his response, or non-response. You would think at the present time he would be keen to dismiss any links to Za, though he does still, it seems, feel a duty to produce an heir with her. I suppose he thinks even if he is to get Za pregnant, it wouldn't be through making love, so his new knowledge makes no difference. He maybe doesn't see how it would affect Lois, especially when he claims he wants her to be his true 'wife' in the way she described. He is much more aware of Lois' feelings now though, so I'm fairly sure he would realise she wouldn't be exactly happy about him having a child with Za and would prefer if he could have one with her, and only her.

He is still, I imagine, of the impression he has 'bad seed' and is therefore downbeat and ashamed about that. Lois hasn't divulged her suspicions to him yet.

I wonder whether Lois thinks he actually saw the picture after all or not. She was convinced when he said he wanted to 'try something with her', but then it wasn't what she suspected and he hasn't mentioned it.

“Kip taught Tek ... taught him during the Transition Years and also once we had landed on New Krypton ... but none of it is recognised. I tried to make an Exemption to the Rules and have Tek declared a Scientist, but Exemptions cannot be made without certain exact conditions being met.”

“Such as?”

“The full support of the Regal Nobles.”
It seems Nor may have something against Tek and probably his father before him. His knowledge perhaps?!!

“Yes. And Ard.”

Lois spluttered. “Ard?”

“C1. She is Tek’s sister.”
She is his sister! But why did she need protecting? Her beauty? Kal doesn't recognise it, it doesn't mean Nor doesn't. And why is she so childlike? She doesn't appear to have Tek's brains. Is it due to her sheltered existence or some form of trauma?

Could it be possible Kal *hadn’t* noticed Ard’s beauty? “She is physically very attractive,” Lois said.

“Is she?”

Lois couldn’t contain the elation that whooshed its way around her heart. This amazing man, with such an awesome capacity to care for others, loved her ... and it seemed, had never even noticed anyone else.
laugh I smiled along with Lois at that. It isn't surprising though, knowing what we do of Kal. Because of his way of life until Lois, Kal doesn't seem to have even considered whether people are attractive or not. Actually, there are a lot of things he's never even considered or questioned! He's been so programmed to only think about certain things and perform certain duties. That's all he thought there was to life, so he got on with it. Of course, he couldn't fail to notice Lois!!

Ching was north, Yent, the other Regal Noble, was south – so the three Regal Nobles included two from the south and one from the north.
It's interesting Ching is from the north. Would make him a very good match for Za and maintain the joining of the two different sides! Sorted - almost!

If Nor did consider Kal to be north, it explained why he would want Kal to remain childless, but did not expain why he was willing to passively wait for Kal to die in order to wrest back control for the south.
Hmm, there's still a dastardly plan brewing isn't there. He won't be waiting for Kal to die - not naturally anyway!

The door opened and Kal walked in ... holding two cups.

Lois smelt it again ... the coffee smell.

Kal beamed. “I thought you’d like a drink,” he said.
Awwww. This put a daft grin on my face! The news travelled fast, she didn't even have to ask for it.

“Yes, but I have never tried it before.”

“Why not?”

“I didn’t know about it. I just order blue ... so that’s what I get.”
He really never questioned anything about his monotonous routine did he?!! He's been sheltered from a lot more than just the facts of life. There are probably a lot more interesting foods on New Krypton than Lois has got to sample, Kal just asks for the same every day because he knows no better! I love how the drink is called 'blue' by the way, or that's how it translates anyway. hyper What does he have in store? Oh no, might be a while until the next post!

Fantastic and intriguing again Corrina. Some answers were given and then more questions!

Thank you so much for posting en route!!

Em
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 08:29 PM
As I said before, I hope Tek will turn out to be a scientific wiz, given the teaching he was given by his great scientist father, who was the one who found New Krypton and saved the fleeing Kryptonians' lives. I have always thought that Tek's name sounds like "tech", as in technology. Maybe Tek will construct the technology they need to find or produce desperately-needed water on New Krypton?

Ann
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 08:32 PM
Maybe Tek knows something about desalinization plants? They have salt water oceans.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 08:48 PM
Oh I am so happy I checked the story again! I didn't realize you added so much. I was right about Ard<g> I am glad you went that route. Also the time Kal and Lois spent together was very sweet. I hope they have more conversations about Zara and how he plans to have children. She should voice her fears about Nor soon. And I hope he learned about the birds and the bees a bit. I can't wait for more. Laura
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/07/09 10:16 PM
Some further reactions as this story has been bouncing around my head today:

- Having Tek working as a servant simply due to his lack of formal credential is a terrible waste of human capital, and one this culture can ill afford. Another example of how whoever is holding him back is promoting his own self-interest over the survival of his people. razz

- The description of Kal's isolation is very sad. But it also got me thinking about his very early years. Assuming that Kryptonians are basically like humans, allow me to make the following assertion: somebody loved Kal and took good care of him when he was very little. I say this because children have to be loved and cared for by a trustworthy caregiver if they are to learn to trust, to love, to form any kind of attachment to other people. A child who bonds to a trustworthy adult in the first three years of life can transfer that attachment to other people if necessary. A child who has only been cared for in the physical sense and not emotionally becomes very detatched and only trusts and cares about himself. He learns that it's every dog for himself and acts accordingly. He may be very charming on the outside if it gets him what he wants, but we've seen Kal's internal thoughts and we know that he truly cares for his people as well as for Lois. So, based on Kal's ability to love Lois and to trust her and form a bond with her, someone must have cared for him in his very early years. Maybe someone under a yellow sun?
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/08/09 06:18 AM
Emma Re first trip to USA/Canada - Yes. First impressions - *very* friendly people. I'm not sure if it is the bemused looks on our faces or the fact we have half a ton of luggage or the Aussie accents but they get the idea and so many stop to offer the info we need. smile1

And ... *no* water restrictions!! smile1

Vicki We may come back through Kingston to get our flights from New York -> home.

And Vicki - I read your FDK on the Part15 thread - I'm so blown away that you're re-reading it, but also glad because you may notice some glitches and alert me to them before it goes to the archive. The disadvantage to posting before it was finished was that sometimes the chronological order got messed up in my head!

Good point you made - explanation coming.

To everyone who left FDK - a BIG thank you. clap I smiled a lot when reading it - and really appreciate your interest in my fic.

19 is written - it needs some polish before going to Iolanthe. 20 is plotted.

We're going to Toronto today!

Corrina.
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/08/09 07:10 AM
good part. love that Kal is getting in Lois head. ? where is 17 and 18?
Posted By: smileyem Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/08/09 12:07 PM
HappyGirl said:

I think Tek has given Kal lessons on Courting 101. And Kal is a quick study. The natural leader in him is coming through; he's full of plans for how to win Lois for himself and get past the barriers between them.
hyper For part 17!!

Em
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/08/09 06:51 PM
This was delightful. I'm glad I checked the feedback thread first, since I hadn't remembered that you were just going to edit 16a into the full 16. I was looking for it to pop to the top!

I'm so glad that Kal told Lois that Ard is Tek's sister. (I even said, "Take that, Lois!" after all of her uncharitable thoughts about him. Don't be dissing my man, Tek, Lois!) Also interesting was that Kal knew about Lois's visit with Riz and that she liked the coffee. Obviously Kal is starting to ask more questions and Tek is giving a lot of answers. Go, Tek! The more I learn about him, the more I like him. smile1

I'm glad you're enjoying your trip, even if I can't deny I'm hoping you are finding time to write while you're here. smile

Kathy
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/09/09 09:27 PM
Yeah! What they all said.

I, too, like it that Clark ... er, Kal has a plan.

I also love the pace. Although it's torture waiting for each post, I love the slow, deliberate build to Lois and Kal's relationship, as well as the advance of the A-plot with Nor. Lois' infamous instincts are tingling and Nor is in her sights. Look out!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/10/09 12:22 PM
Great rest of a part, Corrina. The backstory on Tek is great and I'm with the others on Tek playing a major role in saving NK.

Clark's a quick study there, either autodidact or under Tek's tutelage. And now the question is, who's going to snap first and who's going to wake up the next morning feeling all confused and scared at the sudden turn of events.

Michael
Posted By: smileyem Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/11/09 05:55 PM
help I'm starting to suffer serious L&K withdrawal symptoms, I am soooo addicted to this fic! It's embarrassing how many times I check to see if a new part has been posted. blush

I know, I know, I must be patient as the author is on the trip of a lifetime - I'm trying, I really am wink
Posted By: melray1228 Re: FDK - Awaken My Heart (16/?) - 10/11/09 06:26 PM
Smileyem posted:

I'm starting to suffer serious L&K withdrawal symptoms, I am soooo addicted to this fic! It's embarrassing how many times I check to see if a new part has been posted.

I know, I know, I must be patient as the author is on the trip of a lifetime - I'm trying, I really am
We feel your pain. I bet I have checked this ten times today. blush
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards