Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Top Banana
Top Banana
Some further reactions as this story has been bouncing around my head today:

- Having Tek working as a servant simply due to his lack of formal credential is a terrible waste of human capital, and one this culture can ill afford. Another example of how whoever is holding him back is promoting his own self-interest over the survival of his people. razz

- The description of Kal's isolation is very sad. But it also got me thinking about his very early years. Assuming that Kryptonians are basically like humans, allow me to make the following assertion: somebody loved Kal and took good care of him when he was very little. I say this because children have to be loved and cared for by a trustworthy caregiver if they are to learn to trust, to love, to form any kind of attachment to other people. A child who bonds to a trustworthy adult in the first three years of life can transfer that attachment to other people if necessary. A child who has only been cared for in the physical sense and not emotionally becomes very detatched and only trusts and cares about himself. He learns that it's every dog for himself and acts accordingly. He may be very charming on the outside if it gets him what he wants, but we've seen Kal's internal thoughts and we know that he truly cares for his people as well as for Lois. So, based on Kal's ability to love Lois and to trust her and form a bond with her, someone must have cared for him in his very early years. Maybe someone under a yellow sun?

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Emma Re first trip to USA/Canada - Yes. First impressions - *very* friendly people. I'm not sure if it is the bemused looks on our faces or the fact we have half a ton of luggage or the Aussie accents but they get the idea and so many stop to offer the info we need. smile1

And ... *no* water restrictions!! smile1

Vicki We may come back through Kingston to get our flights from New York -> home.

And Vicki - I read your FDK on the Part15 thread - I'm so blown away that you're re-reading it, but also glad because you may notice some glitches and alert me to them before it goes to the archive. The disadvantage to posting before it was finished was that sometimes the chronological order got messed up in my head!

Good point you made - explanation coming.

To everyone who left FDK - a BIG thank you. clap I smiled a lot when reading it - and really appreciate your interest in my fic.

19 is written - it needs some polish before going to Iolanthe. 20 is plotted.

We're going to Toronto today!

Corrina.

Features Writer
Features Writer
good part. love that Kal is getting in Lois head. ? where is 17 and 18?

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
HappyGirl said:

I think Tek has given Kal lessons on Courting 101. And Kal is a quick study. The natural leader in him is coming through; he's full of plans for how to win Lois for himself and get past the barriers between them.
hyper For part 17!!

Em

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Merriwether
Merriwether
This was delightful. I'm glad I checked the feedback thread first, since I hadn't remembered that you were just going to edit 16a into the full 16. I was looking for it to pop to the top!

I'm so glad that Kal told Lois that Ard is Tek's sister. (I even said, "Take that, Lois!" after all of her uncharitable thoughts about him. Don't be dissing my man, Tek, Lois!) Also interesting was that Kal knew about Lois's visit with Riz and that she liked the coffee. Obviously Kal is starting to ask more questions and Tek is giving a lot of answers. Go, Tek! The more I learn about him, the more I like him. smile1

I'm glad you're enjoying your trip, even if I can't deny I'm hoping you are finding time to write while you're here. smile

Kathy

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah! What they all said.

I, too, like it that Clark ... er, Kal has a plan.

I also love the pace. Although it's torture waiting for each post, I love the slow, deliberate build to Lois and Kal's relationship, as well as the advance of the A-plot with Nor. Lois' infamous instincts are tingling and Nor is in her sights. Look out!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great rest of a part, Corrina. The backstory on Tek is great and I'm with the others on Tek playing a major role in saving NK.

Clark's a quick study there, either autodidact or under Tek's tutelage. And now the question is, who's going to snap first and who's going to wake up the next morning feeling all confused and scared at the sudden turn of events.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
help I'm starting to suffer serious L&K withdrawal symptoms, I am soooo addicted to this fic! It's embarrassing how many times I check to see if a new part has been posted. blush

I know, I know, I must be patient as the author is on the trip of a lifetime - I'm trying, I really am wink

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Smileyem posted:

I'm starting to suffer serious L&K withdrawal symptoms, I am soooo addicted to this fic! It's embarrassing how many times I check to see if a new part has been posted.

I know, I know, I must be patient as the author is on the trip of a lifetime - I'm trying, I really am
We feel your pain. I bet I have checked this ten times today. blush

~Mel~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard