Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Thread Like Summary
JadedEvie, KSaraSara
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by JadedEvie
JadedEvie
Hi there!

Long-time lurker, but first time poster here! This is my first fic written in the L&C universe. I'm very happy to be joining such a welcoming and long-lasting community.

The story begins here: Undercover Reporter (1/3)
It's complete, and in 3 parts. No beta on this one, so it's all me! I'm hoping to submit to the archive when it's complete, and so naturally I'm happy to hear anyone's feedback!

Enjoy! And thanks for reading.
Liked Replies
by drdeathdefying
drdeathdefying
I'm really liking this fic so far! It's interesting to see how Lois and Superman's dynamic has shifted since Clark's apparent death. Overall, very well done!

On another note, if you're ever looking for a beta on your next fic, I'd be glad to offer my services. I'm new to the fandom as well and still lurking until I finish my first fic.
2 members like this
by AnnieM
AnnieM
I love this set up so much.

She’d finally learned to be more cautious this year. It turned out that rushing headlong into danger didn’t necessarily catch up with you. But it could catch up to those around you. It could catch up to the person you’d somehow least expect to ever be in danger. The person who was always cautious when you weren’t. The person you’d come to rely on to just always be there.

This is brilliant. Losing Clark the way she did in TOGOM (and not getting him back) would have had been fundamentally life changing for Lois. This realization is truly the only thing that would have taught her to be more cautious.

I'm excited to see where this goes. I like the idea of seeing her changed relationship with Superman, but I'm wary of how this can be resolved with a happily ever after of any kind. This level of deception seems impossible to resolve.

(And welcome to the group! I love seeing new authors pop up after so many years of the show being off the air. I love that it's still speaking to people after all this time.)
1 member likes this
by Ultra Woman
Ultra Woman
Welcome! wave

That is an interesting start and a different premise. It's unusual to find a story where Clark stays dead for long and only Superman is around. His reticence and her awkwardness are understandable. She feels guilty for Clark's "death" and Superman doesn't want to get close because he doesn't know how to act around her, but he can't stay away when she's in danger. sad What a mess they got themselves into. mecry

You've done a great job setting the atmosphere and tone. I felt the urgency and tension along with Lois all the time. shock

Please, keep posting and writing! hyper

Andreia cool
1 member likes this
by SuperBek
SuperBek
Great start with an interesting (although heartbreaking) premise! Can't wait to see where it goes! clap

Welcome to the boards! smile1

Same question as Sara -- when do you think we'll see the next chapter? grin

-Bek
1 member likes this
by KSaraSara
KSaraSara
WOW oh, wow… this was really phenomenal and my heart is still racing! And the FEELS…OMG… I’m trying to figure out how this is only going to be three parts, but boy am I looking forward to reading the rest!! The writing was fantastic—you did a really awesome job with the setting and tone and … just everything! How often do you think you’ll post? smile1

And welcome to de-lurking!! We’ve had quite a few of you lately, and it makes my heart so happy!! If you’re the type to chat with fellow fans (and want some writing support too!), a bunch of us hang out in Discord! We’d love to have you join us there too (find the link to join in my signature below). But no worries if it’s not your thing!

Glad to have you!

Sara laugh
1 member likes this
by AnnieM
AnnieM
And I'm completely with you on the sticky happily ever after -- which definitely makes me nervous about my own ending!! To be honest, this started out as an exercise in grief - what happens when an 'always-moving-forward' character gets struck an absolutely impossible blow? I didn't write this as a 'how-to-solve-it' story, though I feel like saying more gives the game away. (But maybe I should update that summary to say this once it's fully posted). So the ending seems impossible to me, too. But maybe nothing is impossible for two people in love? At least in this universe.

This makes me even more excited to read the rest. I definitely think this set up has the potential for a really interesting resolution. It would be a shame if it was a cookie cutter happy ending where she instantly got over her grief and it was as if it had never happened. I love happy endings, I just like them to fit the story and feel genuine.

I watched this show as it aired, and then found it streaming last year and dove into the Archive.

There are a bunch of us here who watched it when it was originally airing and then were involved in writing fanfic either at the time or shortly thereafter (there's a big contingency of us who wrote fanfic back in the early 00s when we were in college) and then drifted away for a decade or two before rediscovering the fandom during the COVID lockdown. I think so many of us were looking for familiar, comforting, nostalgic things at that time, that it brought us out of the woodwork. It's been so exciting to reconnect with old friends and meet new fandom members who are also rediscovering the show and diving into the fandom for the first time.
1 member likes this
by Blueowl
Blueowl
You definitely have my attention. I am very curious to see how this is resolved and if they'll find a way to bring Clark back or if they'll create a new identity.

Looking forward to more, and welcome! hyper
1 member likes this
by drdeathdefying
drdeathdefying
Yes, feel free to message me here on the boards. I'll try to reply reasonably fast. I haven't been on the boards as much recently, as I'm binging another show, but I'll be there thumbsup
1 member likes this
by CarrieRene
CarrieRene
Loving this already. Excited to see the new dynamic and how Lois deals with being close to Supes. And how he handles being close to her. Looking forward to more.
1 member likes this
by bakasi
bakasi
The first part of this story is great. I'm hooked and wondering how they're both going to deal with the fallout of Clark's deception. How does he cope with being Superman full time now? The setup is great and I like how you describe the changes in the relationship between Lois and Superman. Can't wait for that next part.

Welcome to the boards and thanks for delurking. It's good to see the community grow again.
1 member likes this
by drdeathdefying
drdeathdefying
The show I'm watching is Supernatural, which I'm having fun with, but unfortunately, it doesn't help much with giving me motivation for my fic. It and Superman don't have much in common, besides the 'super-' prefix and a TV producer (Robert Singer), funny enough. Speaking of 'Superman and Lois,' I watched a couple episodes a while back. I thought the premise was interesting but I was struggling to get invested in the two sons (i can't remember their names for the life of me). I'm not sure why exactly. But maybe I'll go back and watch some more, who knows.
1 member likes this