I love this set up so much.

She’d finally learned to be more cautious this year. It turned out that rushing headlong into danger didn’t necessarily catch up with you. But it could catch up to those around you. It could catch up to the person you’d somehow least expect to ever be in danger. The person who was always cautious when you weren’t. The person you’d come to rely on to just always be there.

This is brilliant. Losing Clark the way she did in TOGOM (and not getting him back) would have had been fundamentally life changing for Lois. This realization is truly the only thing that would have taught her to be more cautious.

I'm excited to see where this goes. I like the idea of seeing her changed relationship with Superman, but I'm wary of how this can be resolved with a happily ever after of any kind. This level of deception seems impossible to resolve.

(And welcome to the group! I love seeing new authors pop up after so many years of the show being off the air. I love that it's still speaking to people after all this time.)