Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In another thread, Michael and I were being silly:

LOIS: I have no problem with Clark reading comics, as long as he doesn't do it while in bed.

CLARK: But those girls are so nicely attributed! <<possibly referring to the girls in Spider-Man Comics>>

LOIS: As long as they aren't more nicely attributed than I am!

CLARK: /hides some Wonder Woman issues/ No, honey. /notices other magazines under the mattress/ Honey? Who bought these Iron Man and Thor comics?

LOIS: Oh, those? <<grabs them>> Those are mine.

CLARK: Honey, you know that some of us are god-like without the use of a hammer? And aren't cocky billionaires, right?

LOIS: <<flipping through comics>> Uh-huh. Huh?

CLARK: <<aside>> At least, it wasn't Batman.

LOIS: <<shakes head>> He's too dark for me. I like my heroes light and fluffy.

CLARK: Fluffy?

LOIS: Not in that way. I meant like huggable like a stuffed animal toy.

CLARK: Fluffy?

LOIS: Anyway, I like smarts in my villains more than in my hero.

CLARK: Fluffy and dumb. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

LOIS: It just makes it more fun when I defeat them.

CLARK: You? [Laugh] When *you* defeat them?

LOIS: <<opens robe to reveal a WW costume>> How about these attributes?

CLARK: *You're* [Jawdrop] Wonder Woman?

LOIS: Again with the disbelief? Now, who's blind? Oh, and, *DUH!*
Following along with our silly conversation, John has suggested that someone should write a story where Lois is actually Wonder Woman and Clark is blindly unaware.

So, here's your task if you're willing to take on the challenge. CK=SM, but so too is LL=WW. Neither of them know about the others secret identity (or Lois figures out Clark's first). Yes, we know it totally messes up Diana's back story, but I'm sure a good writer will be able to explain that.

If you want to stay more true to canon, I guess you could write the story where Lois is UW without Clark knowing, perhaps she got his powers during a "Bolt of Blue" moment and didn't tell him that a) she now has powers, and b) that she knows CK=SM. Or perhaps UW is more a heroine along the lines of Batman with lots of fancy gadgets, skills, and stuff but no real super abilities ( peep ).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
If you want to stay more true to canon, I guess you could write the story where Lois is UW without Clark knowing, perhaps she got his powers during a "Bolt of Blue" moment and didn't tell him that a) she now has powers, and b) that she knows CK=SM. Or perhaps UW is more a heroine along the lines of Batman with lots of fancy gadgets, skills, and stuff but no real super abilities ( peep ). [/QB]
I have a plotline along those lines somewhere on my comp where Lois gets powers from "Bolt from the Blue" but never really gotten my muses to cooperate for more than a few scenes (all spread out to boot so not even beta ready-ish). The thing I've wondered is does she know that lead negates his powers? Because then a lead-lined mask would make sense. Otherwise he'd learn about her secret identity pretty quick.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I have a plotline along those lines somewhere on my comp where Lois gets powers from "Bolt from the Blue" but never really gotten my muses to cooperate for more than a few scenes (all spread out to boot so not even beta ready-ish). The thing I've wondered is does she know that lead negates his powers? Because then a lead-lined mask would make sense. Otherwise he'd learn about her secret identity pretty quick.
I hope your muse cooperates before your freedom... er... free time, that is, is taken away again this fall. hyper

Well, if Lois got her powers from a lightning strike, and then, before deciding to come out as UW, discovers on her own while testing her new powers that she can't x-ray through lead, she might decide to line her mask with lead so Clark (Mr. He-Didn't-Tell-Me!) couldn't discover UW's secret identity.

For some reason, I can't see Lois going out on her own as UW without a confidant. Would she bring in her sister Lucy or Perry or someone else? If this happened after Clark broke up with her "for her own good", I could see her going to Martha and have them working behind Clark's back to teach him a lesson "for his own good". evil

I can just picture Lois doing some of the things Clark usually would do on an investigation and have him go huh , not realizing that she was using his own techniques. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If you want to stay more true to canon, I guess you could write the story where Lois is UW without Clark knowing,
[Linked Image] /rushes to bunny hutch/ dizzy /counts bunnies, looking for the huge red one with the green eyes/ peep Michael

PS: Yes, this bunny is also called The [Linked Image] Trilogy and will one day in the distant future cover about a season worth of episodes of LnC.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
If you want to stay more true to canon, I guess you could write the story where Lois is UW without Clark knowing, perhaps she got his powers during a "Bolt of Blue" moment and didn't tell him that a) she now has powers, and b) that she knows CK=SM.
Hmm. Very interesting idea. Though it would make more sense to me if it happened in a chip-off-the-old-clark fashion, perhaps before Lois ever even met Clark, and he was just surreptitiously helping out on something. Then by the time they do meet, they both have secrets to protect. laugh

Unfortunately, my dance card is full on the stories-to-write front. :p But I'd love to see someone write it!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Hmm. Very interesting idea. Though it would make more sense to me if it happened in a chip-off-the-old-clark fashion, perhaps before Lois ever even met Clark, and he was just surreptitiously helping out on something. Then by the time they do meet, they both have secrets to protect.
Ooooh. hyper I like that idea, so UW comes out left field to completely knock Clark sideways <<Although I bet Lois might chose a better name for herself>>

I can just imagine Perry figuring out that his super star reporting team are both super heroes. rotflol He would never stop yodeling.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
so UW comes out left field to completely knock Clark sideways <<Although I bet Lois might chose a better name for herself
Something more like "Wonder Woman" perhaps... wink

I can just imagine Perry figuring out that his super star reporting team are both super heroes. rotflol He would never stop yodeling.
rotflol I can just imagine. Great cool of Elvis indeed. laugh

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you want to stay more true to canon, I guess you could write the story where Lois is UW without Clark knowing,
[Linked Image] /rushes to bunny hutch/ dizzy /counts bunnies, looking for the huge red one with the green eyes/ huh Clois as Wonder Woman?

Yes, this bunny is also called The [Linked Image] Trilogy and will one day in the distant future cover about a season worth of episodes of LnC.
Well, you couldn't possibly be referring to my Wrong Trilogy, because it won't be too long in the future before we've reached a full season of parts. And EW hasn't been able to contact UW about making a guest appearance.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b] so UW comes out left field to completely knock Clark sideways <<Although I bet Lois might chose a better name for herself
Something more like "Wonder Woman" perhaps... wink [/b]
Brilliant! clap <<hands Mouse her honorary Evil Writer badge>> evil

VirginiaR.
---
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
It is fun idea, but anyone who has ever seen Wonder Woman's costume can see problems, it shows too much skin.

I love the UltraWoman without Clark knowing idea, but I am not a big fan of the Canon Ultra Woman costume, so perhaps a completely new look? Take a look instead at a couple of costume suggestions from my hidden hero thread .

Moving onward, Mouserocks suggested stepping way back. So in the beginning, after Clark arrives in Metropolis, but before he invents Superman, a test laser, along the lines of the one used by the Newrich sister in Ultrawoman causes Clark's powers to be transferred to Lois Lane.

It takes Lois sometime to get used to them and even more time to decide to wear a costume and go public.

All Clark knows is his powers are gone. He has to make it in Metropolis as a normal human reporter. If we assume that in time, lots and lots or time, his body will be recharged by the sun, then in time his powers will return.

Likewise lets assume that as in Chip Off the Old Clark the transferred powers will fade, but the laser transferred powers last much much longer then Lightning copied powers, then in time, lots of time Lois's powers will fade.

So now how would season one play out if Superman does not appear at all, only UltraWoman?

And Trask would NOT make the Smallville connection because there is no House of El shield on the new superhero.

And what would Clark make of UltraWoman? He has no reason to assume she took his powers, merely that she has powers like his old ones.

If Lois wears a mask and a wig, with a skimpy costume, and as Lois Lane never is seen in a really skimpy outfit, it could be a very long time until Clark figures out that Lois is Ulrawoman.

Even better, if Clark has his love at first glance reaction to BOTH Lois and UltraWoman...

VirginiaR said
I bet Lois might chose a better name for herself
But what if Lois has trouble deciding and tries out several different costumes? In several cities? So it appears that several super powered women have arrived on the scene at the same time?

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Framework4:
It is fun idea, but anyone who has ever seen Wonder Woman's costume can see problems, it shows too much skin.
Which is why nobody would think she was Lois.

I love the UltraWoman without Clark knowing idea, but I am not a big fan of the Canon Ultra Woman costume, so perhaps a completely new look? Take a look instead at a couple of costume suggestions from my hidden hero thread .
I like that (female) Capt. America outfit. I bet Lois could make something similar with a stars and stripes theme. Or she might go traditional WW: [img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlPKgoFZg1m6uOo0gKtRkXgvtceSOMcY1ZgmFz9E8FtXcxzDckWw[/img] with a longer skirt instead of the bikini / shorts option. (Also, doesn't this old WW picture look a lot like how Lois used to be drawn? [img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiRu-iJd6_QpUSjPFbGCbaiEdxVPzTz8wHSRttcXdhrIKu4TPcSg[/img] I couldn't resist. blush Or this one: [Linked Image]) I also thought Smallville's version was tastefully done: [img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa4Ww1AS6yGqzfxANac6wf6V70l5vE9DVJlZuN42EixxaEvkOP[/img]

Moving onward, Mouserocks suggested stepping way back. So in the beginning, after Clark arrives in Metropolis, but before he invents Superman, a test laser, along the lines of the one used by the Newrich sister in 'Ultrawoman' causes Clark's powers to be transferred to Lois Lane.

It takes Lois sometime to get used to them and even more time to decide to wear a costume and go public.

All Clark knows is his powers are gone. He has to make it in Metropolis as a normal human reporter. If we assume that in time, lots and lots or time, his body will be recharged by the sun, then in time his powers will return.

Likewise lets assume that as in 'Chip Off the Old Clark' the transferred powers will fade, but the laser transferred powers last much much longer then Lightning copied powers, then in time, lots of time Lois's powers will fade.
Yep, there are many directions this theme can go in. BTW: Have you read Nan's How I Spent My Christmas Vacation series? She does something similar there (only Clark knows and retains his powers, I believe - it's been a while since I read this.) I always thought Jessie's powers faded because SM hadn't directly been in contact with him (as he had been with WWW), but because they had passed through the plane. I, personally, don't like the idea of Lois's powers fading away, unless she truly doesn't want them. Wouldn't she be recharged by sunlight like SM would?

So now how would season one play out if Superman does not appear at all, only UltraWoman?

And Trask would NOT make the Smallville connection because there is no House of El shield on the new superhero.

And what would Clark make of UltraWoman? He has no reason to assume she took his powers, merely that she has powers like his old ones.

If Lois wears a mask and a wig, with a skimpy costume, and as Lois Lane never is seen in a really skimpy outfit, it could be a very long time until Clark figures out that Lois is Ulrawoman.

Even better, if Clark has his love at first glance reaction to BOTH Lois and UltraWoman...
Ooooh. That could be fun. laugh

But what if Lois has trouble deciding and tries out several different costumes? In several cities? So it appears that several super powered women have arrived on the scene at the same time?
I don't know about that. Lois's life is pretty full to begin with and to add all these different layers. I think that would probably work better for the idea you had about Superman's daughter.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
This has just gotten more and more interesting.

IMO, the transfer method isn't the issue. Lightning, lasers, etc. As long as Lois gets the powers. Now, there's several different routes from there. Firstly, you'd have to determine when the transfer happened. Perhaps it happened when Clark was still a teenager, developing all of his powers when it happened. If the transfer takes away Clark's powers as well as giving them to Lois, then perhaps he hadn't even discovered the entirety of his powers yet. Lois receives them and discovers them as Clark would have, but unlike Clark, Lois hides her newfound powers from her fighting parents. Once she learns how to fly, she's out of there, goes off on her normal path, but with the continual development of her powers and she begins pondering her costume.

Clark, having lost his powers, goes on as normal, slowly regaining them (mostly his immune system/invulnerability and strength). He becomes a journalist, does *not* travel the world so extensively, but does end up working at the Daily Planet with none other than our Lois Lane. Lois has just decided to come out with her hero identity and feels stifled by her new partner. She eventually does reveal UltraWoman (or Wonder Woman, or whatever :p ), and Clark falls madly in love with her (not that he already didn't like Lois a lot). Of course, having never received all of his powers, he does not recognize her as having the same powers as him, though the possibility might have crossed his mind once or twice.

Clark chases UltraWoman stories the way canon Lois chased Superman ones. He slowly realizes he's gaining some new powers, and thinks that perhaps UW is the catalyst. He starts investigating her more closely, while Lois keeps throwing him off the trail. Then perhaps an event happens where Clark is forced to intervene and his powers come into play. He takes a page out of UW's playbook and creates a hero for himself, causing a rivalry between both the two heroes and the two reporters. Neither allow themselves to like each other because both like their superhero counterparts. And Superman and UltraWoman could end up having a secret affair and neither of them could know it was Lois/Clark they were really with! dizzy Of course, they would both eventually realize that it was their reporting partner they were truly in love with, before discovering each others' secrets.

If you wanted Lois' powers to slowly fade, she could start losing them after meeting Clark, so that as his powers are on the rise, hers could be on the decline. Perhaps that's how Clark discovers her secret-- Lois gets sick/collapses in his presence (either as Lois herself and he questions her or as UW with CK and he takes off the mask/whatever and discovers her secret identity). Then he'd later tell her his own secret...

/sneaks up and takes that evil writer badge now evil /

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/closes eyes to rest of thread after putting Bunny in front of some LnC/
huh Clois as Wonder Woman?
Uh... no. Meant that the bunny got kidnapped and replaced with a clone. Clois got nothing to do with the power-up of Lois.

Well, you couldn't possibly be referring to my Wrong Trilogy, because it won't be too long in the future before we've reached a full season of parts. And EW hasn't been able to contact UW about making a guest appearance.
No, just censored the intended name of my trilogy. it would give too much away.

peep Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally posted by Framework4:
I love the UltraWoman without Clark knowing idea, but I am not a big fan of the Canon Ultra Woman costume, so perhaps a completely new look?
...the transfer method isn't the issue. Lightning, lasers, etc. As long as Lois gets the powers.
...completely new look...transfer method...immune to X-ray...

Maybe Lois doesn’t need to worry about Clark finding out about her super identity because Lois isn’t Lois. What if she found her consciousness could be transferred at will to a super-powered non-Lois identity. For example, a virtual reality connection to Vixen. (Maybe a Sam Lane connection there?) Mask, no mask--Clark still can't figure out who she is. Clark disappears from the office at random, Lois zones out periodically. Both superheroes keep showing up. Perry’s not sure what to think about his employee's work habits, but the stories are coming as strong as ever and figures if it ain’t broke then don’t fix it.

Lois might even have an evil streak and flirt with him while she's Madame X. wink

Shallowford
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Christina:
If you want to stay more true to canon, I guess you could write the story where Lois is UW without Clark knowing, perhaps she got his powers during a "Bolt of Blue" moment and didn't tell him that a) she now has powers, and b) that she knows CK=SM. Or perhaps UW is more a heroine along the lines of Batman with lots of fancy gadgets, skills, and stuff but no real super abilities ( peep ).
I have a plotline along those lines somewhere on my comp where Lois gets powers from "Bolt from the Blue" but never really gotten my muses to cooperate for more than a few scenes (all spread out to boot so not even beta ready-ish). The thing I've wondered is does she know that lead negates his powers? Because then a lead-lined mask would make sense. Otherwise he'd learn about her secret identity pretty quick. [/QB]
I don't remember anywhere in canon where Clark explicitly explains he can't see through lead. However, you could always claim that after Lois told Superman she had been waiting all her life for him, and learned he was from Krypton, there was more off-screan discussion, maybe that he convinced her not to print, so she could know he can't see through lead.

Actually, I take it back. Superman makes the comment "Lois, unless it's lead lines it won't matter", which has to be the worst line ever, but clearly from that point one Lois knows Superman can't see through lead. So as long as she gets her powers after "Barbarians at the Planet", she clearly knows a lead-lines mask will save her.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
[b] Hmm. Very interesting idea. Though it would make more sense to me if it happened in a chip-off-the-old-clark fashion, perhaps before Lois ever even met Clark, and he was just surreptitiously helping out on something. Then by the time they do meet, they both have secrets to protect.
Ooooh. hyper I like that idea, so UW comes out left field to completely knock Clark sideways <<Although I bet Lois might chose a better name for herself>>

I can just imagine Perry figuring out that his super star reporting team are both super heroes. rotflol He would never stop yodeling. [/b]
She could name herself "Wonder Women", so we would be back to the original, but have less out-of-canon things going on. So Lois is "Wonder Women", just not the wonder women people know. OK, that would possibly confuse people more than it would help, but still.

I have to point out I had not read Mouse's comments when I wrote this.

On the other hand, it seems that Superheroes don't chose their own name. Clark is always named by Lois, so doesn't that mean that Lois should be named by Clark?

Now the real challenge. Can we go through the events of the Pilot with Lois post-getting Super-powers. Hmm, that seems a bit hard.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
On the other hand, it seems that Superheroes don't chose their own name. Clark is always named by Lois, so doesn't that mean that Lois should be named by Clark?
Actually, Clark (or was it Superman) *did* name her Ultra Woman.

Wouldn't it be funny if Jimmy named her something awful like the Gorgeous Great Girl? The scene could go something like this:

PERRY: What's her name?

CLARK: Uh... I don't know. She didn't say.

PERRY: We've got to call her something.

JIMMY: Well, she's gorgeous and she's great and she's a girl.

PERRY: <<channeling J. Jonas Jameson>> I love it! Okay, Kent, write it up. Gorgeous Great Girl saved Earth from giant asteroid!

Therefore, Clark gets accredited for the awful name. The name, therefore, is a roadblock for GGG and Clark (and for Lois and Clark). Clark's annoyed that Lois gets all the Great Girl exclusives. And Lois is annoyed that Clark gets all the Superman exclusives. Meanwhile, Great Girl and Superman meet secretly in the clouds above Metropolis. So, Great Girl and Superman hook up, and Lois and Clark have animosity for one another. evil

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b]On the other hand, it seems that Superheroes don't chose their own name. Clark is always named by Lois, so doesn't that mean that Lois should be named by Clark?
Actually, Clark (or was it Superman) *did* name her Ultra Woman.

Wouldn't it be funny if Jimmy named her something awful like the Gorgeous Great Girl? The scene could go something like this:

PERRY: What's her name?

CLARK: Uh... I don't know. She didn't say.

PERRY: We've got to call her something.

JIMMY: Well, she's gorgeous and she's great and she's a girl.

PERRY: <<channeling J. Jonas Jameson>> I love it! Okay, Kent, write it up. Gorgeous Great Girl saved Earth from giant asteroid!

Therefore, Clark gets accredited for the awful name. The name, therefore, is a roadblock for GGG and Clark (and for Lois and Clark). Clark's annoyed that Lois gets all the Great Girl exclusives. And Lois is annoyed that Clark gets all the Superman exclusives. Meanwhile, Great Girl and Superman meet secretly in the clouds above Metropolis. So, Great Girl and Superman hook up, and Lois and Clark have animosity for one another. evil [/b]
I thought of a way for Clark to name her "Wonder Woman." Clark finds himself starstruck (which we KNOW would happen.

Clark: *stuttering* She's Su... (stops himself, realizing he would be essentially naming this new woman either his sister or his wife with that name and continues more slowly) She's.... a wonder.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard