Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99390 02/25/14 07:57 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For those of you following along with my Story Arc groupings over on my TOC page , I've altered them slightly making THIS the beginning of the next story arc, and moving the last two parts back into the previous story arc. I've also changed the name of this short transitional Arc between "Threes" and the tentatively entitled "Wedding of the Century" plot arc to "Undercover Dates", so you might have a feel for where this story is headed, at least, in the short run. If you're more the type who ignores the part number, mostly because you don't want to be reminded of how long this epic story is, please disregard everything I've written here and just enjoy the ride.

If you're surprised by Lois and Clark bumping into one another again so soon, you'll be delighted (somewhat) with what's to come. evil

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to bash Lois, Lex, Cat, Phil and/or Clark here. You may praise them as well, but after re-reading this part prior to posting, I doubt that will be on the forefront of anyone's mind. Oh, and Jimmy, although, I can't see why anyone would feel like bashing the poor guy at the moment. It's bad enough that he's in jail for blowing up the DP and murder, now he's being represented by Lois's old lawyer.

EDIT: Please ignore that first paragraph because I've totally reversed that decision to move those parts to the previous story arc. blush The name change for this current story arc remains though.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/30/14 12:46 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As Clark walked down the hall towards the hospital elevators,
What’s he doing there?

“I could ask you the same question,” she said, using her finely tuned skills to evade the question.
Oh, he’s stalking her. He just not very good at staying hidden.

Clark took this to mean that he needed to think on his feet, because any second the focus of their now-joint investigation would come around the corner or out a door.
So, basically, they’re screwed?
LOIS: That was *inside* a hospital room.

“Well, this will be sure to put a damper on your television career,” Clark replied in what he considered his character of spurned lover.
Oooooh!

“What?” Lois gasped, her eyes widening in alarm. “What do you mean ‘blowing up the Daily Planet’?”
Placing explosives inside the building and setting up a detonation sequence so the structural integrity of the building would be severely compromised.

Thankfully, she was smarter than Luthor gave her credit for.
Well…to be fair, *Ralph* is smarter than Luthor gives a woman credit for.

“Smoke inhalation from being trapped in the elevator,” he answered,
Sounds like Harvard Business School did not prepare him for the real world.
CHIP: Hey, my time is much too expensive to be wasted on walking down stairs.

“I’ve just come from the morgue.” He had, but more to find out the identification of the Printing Department worker.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if that were actually HG Wells?

Some kid in the Printing Department set off a bomb, which caused the ink to catch fire and explode.
Kids these days… It’s with all that bomb-making instructions available on that bedangled net-thingy everybody is talking about these days.

This time, the shock on Lois’s face was anything but fake. “Growing what? Her what?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thanks for reading and commenting!
As Clark walked down the hall towards the hospital elevators,
What’s he doing there?
Maybe he's not feeling well because he was exposed to kryptonite earlier in the day?

Oh, he’s stalking her. He just not very good at staying hidden.
Stalking her? He was just walking down the hall. He had no reason to think she'd end up at the hospital.

So, basically, they’re screwed?
clap They're screwed because CLARK has to think on his feet?
CLARK: I do much prefer to think while floating, but it's not impossible to do it the other way.
LOIS: That was *inside* a hospital room.
CLARK: /confused/ No. Lex was in the room, Minha, we're in the hall.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Placing explosives inside the building and setting up a detonation sequence so the structural integrity of the building would be severely compromised.
LOIS: Thank you, Nigel, but what I *meant* was WHAT were they doing there?
NIGEL: Oh, you'd have to ask... er... um... someone else?

Well…to be fair, *Ralph* is smarter than Luthor gives a woman credit for.
RALPH: /excitedly goes and applies at LNN./

Sounds like Harvard Business School did not prepare him for the real world.
CHIP: Hey, my time is much too expensive to be wasted on walking down stairs.
Hmmmm. I must have not made this very clear, but Chip was in the elevator when the explosion went off. He didn't enter the elevators to escape. Clark blames himself (doubly) because he never checked the elevators and he figures that Chip was on the way down to the newsroom to ask for his driver's license.

evil
MAYSON: Callboy? Hmmmm. What exactly does that entitle, Mr. Kent? Please give me a thorough example for my records, which will be promptly lost afterwards.

LOIS: It was a *bang* up job. Why would you think that Jimmy *blew* up the Daily Planet?
/LEX hears/ Blah blah blah "Bang" blah. Blah blah Jimmy blew blah blah.
LEX: I already know about Mr. Olsen and your sister, Lois. Let's go back to your first suggestion.
LOIS: confused

So, a guilty plea and requesting the Chair for sentencing?
JIMMY: Golly, gee, Ms. Lane. Thanks.

Peachy.
Sorry. I felt it worked better than "Smooth" his usual catch-phrase.

Thanks for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
notworthy

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Almost a complete roundtrip now! hyper
Maybe he's not feeling well because he was exposed to kryptonite earlier in the day?
Right. Clark is going to the hospital to get himself checked out. Right. Oh look. A hoof-footed dude is buying ice skates over there.

quote: Oh, he’s stalking her. He just not very good at staying hidden.

Stalking her? He was just walking down the hall. He had no reason to think she'd end up at the hospital.
Mr ‘I can hear her from across the town’. Yeah. Right.

They're screwed because CLARK has to think on his feet?
That’s the one.

CLARK: I do much prefer to think while floating, but it's not impossible to do it the other way.
LOIS: I’m not so sure…

CLARK: /confused/ No. Lex was in the room, Minha, we're in the hall.
LOIS: <Clark’s selective amnesia is getting old, fast>
laugh

quote: Well…to be fair, *Ralph* is smarter than Luthor gives a woman credit for.

RALPH: /excitedly goes and applies at LNN./
He’s going to have fun on the casting couch.

Hmmmm. I must have not made this very clear, but Chip was in the elevator when the explosion went off. He didn't enter the elevators to escape. Clark blames himself (doubly) because he never checked the elevators and he figures that Chip was on the way down to the newsroom to ask for his driver's license.
Nah, I think it was pretty much implied. But interpreting it my way made for a better laugh at the dead Chip’s expense.

quote: Wouldn’t it be awkward if that were actually HG Wells?

<scared about the security of her computer> Yes.
[Linked Image]

LOIS: What? That it works? Yeah, I know. I was talking about your doorbell.
JIMBO: [Lol] She called it a doorbell. Wait. What are we talking about again?
Actually, two doorbells and a whistle?

LOIS: Except with me. With me he's always on his game!
CLARK: I have to be. She’s slippery, that one.

CLARK: Better use heat vision, I don't want to touch it; although, concentrating so hard on it might blind me, too.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
As he walked down the hall of the hospital, Clark’s mind still buzzed with pleasant thoughts of his reunion with Lois earlier.
smile1 that he still likes it.

A part of him was amazed that his feet remained on the floor.
At first I thought this was about them staying on the floor during the reunion, which I recall them not, then I realized he meant now.

Clark couldn’t believe how lucky he was to have Lois accept him,
I am glad he finally realizes she accepts him.

all of him, more fully than anyone ever had, with the possible exception of the Kents.
Which Kents?

Not only had Lois forgiven him, she still loved him.
That is the most miraculous miracle of all.

It was so unfair to have one of the happiest moments of his life land on such a horrible day.
A good argument for them not eloping today.

He hadn’t known he was interrupting the most wonderful kiss of Clark’s life.
Only of Clark's life so far.

Clark:Still, the joy and excitement in that kiss will be hard to top for a long time to come. Not until Lois agrees to marry me, and even then it will be hard to rival.

Lois:I am sure I can give you a kiss that tops that one if I put enough energy into it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
When, seven seconds later, Clark had returned to his living room showered and changed, Lois’s jaw had dropped by the suddenness of his reappearance.
I guess knowing he can do it and seeing him actually do it are two separate things.

the full grasp of what had just occurred hit her, and instead of falling apart as Lana had, Lois had merely nodded to herself and patted his chest, accepting him for who he was.
Finally he sees that she is not Lana. With how the reaveal worked out before, he had never fully seen it. I am sure he knew at some level she would not react like Lana, but still he had not yet seen that she would not.

Unable to resist, he had wrapped his arms around her waist once more and asked, “Do you still want to run off with me?”
party we get this scene again.

Clark took this to mean that he needed to think on his feet, because any second the focus of their now-joint investigation would come around the corner or out a door.
I am so glad they are now able to actually speak to each other with their hard to decipher code.

“My goodness, Lois! Your face!” he exclaimed with surprise that he didn’t feel at her now bandaged jaw. “What happened?”
Hopefully he can be a good actor when playing.

“I will lie to him, so don’t take anything you overhear to heart.”
I wish her telling him this would actually guarantee that he would believe it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Well, this will be sure to put a damper on your television career,” Clark replied in what he considered his character of spurned lover.
He forgets Lois has spun him as the one who did the spurning. Or is it more she has neglect explain this detail to him?

Lois grabbed his arm. “That isn’t funny, Clark.”
I guess Lois not having heard is believable. She had not discussed the issue with Henderson, had she?

She must be a consummate actress because he could have sworn that she actually blanched. “Was anyone hurt?”
Never under estimate Lois's acting skill. It s key to her investigations. Also, one of Luthor's main mistakes.

“Dr. Heller will be able to see you in a few… I say, darling, is everything all right?” Luthor said, coming out a nearby door.
She is really good at acting if she has not yet revealed to Luthor she knows that the DP was bombed.

“Oh, Lex!”
Gag.

Clark stiffened at Lois’s blatant public display of affection with the billionaire. He knew it was just for show, but he still didn’t have to like it.
Their (Lois and Clark's) relationship won't really move forward until the investigation ends.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Tell you…? Kent. What are you doing here?” Luthor asked, his glare narrowed as his arm around Clark’s beloved tightened.
He has more right to be by Lois than the creep Luthor does.

“I didn’t want to worry you, darling, but ‘yes’, the damage is considerable.
More evidence of how horribly Luthor treats Lois.

Some kid in the Printing Department set off a bomb,
Evidence of how much he lies to Lois.

“The police went where the evidence took them,” Luthor replied.
Clark: Only because you had planted evidence and paid police.

“Oh, please, boys, don’t fight. It’s been a hard day for all of us,” Lois interjected on Clark’s behalf as she pulled Luthor a couple of steps away from Clark’s still pointed finger.
Gripe at her defending Luthor.

“I’ve heard that smoke inhalation can be very bad for a growing fetus,” Luthor said. “I hope Ms. Grant will be fine.”
Wait, did Luthor just admit he knows that Cat is pregnant? Is there any justifiable way for him to know that that does not involve bugging the DP?

“While I was at the Daily Planet with the detectives earlier, I overheard that rumors that congratulations were in order, Kent,”
I think that should be "overheard the rumors that".

Also, Lois just slug the creep out now. He as passed the line of acceptable behavior by accusaing Clark of having sexual relations with an engaged woman.

“I ran into her out in the hall just now,” Clark said as if to explain.
Just meeting her in the hall would not have helped.

“And Luthor brought her here to get medical treatment. Apparently, he’s quite friendly with a plastic surgeon on staff.
Is this sort of like how he is "quite friendly" with his personal assistant, Mrs. Cox?

“I do hope Lois realizes that she doesn’t need a plastic surgeon to remain beautiful.”
Just the positive effects of prolonged close contact with Superman. By close, we mean extremely close.

Lois looked away so that Luthor couldn’t see her roll her eyes.
I wish she would just punch him.

“Clark’s not the father, Lex,” he heard Lois scoff with a shake of her head.
At least she tells Luthor this.

but at the same time it only deepened his guilt in not informing Lois earlier.
At least he told Lois before he told Cat's fiancé.

“Clark’s sterile, Lex,” Lois said in hushed tones, as if that mattered.
Why did she go there?

“It’s one of the reasons we broke up. I didn’t want to continue a relationship with someone with whom I couldn’t start a family.”
Oh no, that is the worst thing she could have said. Even though she told Clark she would lie, he will still assume a grain of truth.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark put his elbows on his knees and folded his hands together. “Somehow Luthor heard that you were pregnant and got it into his thick head that I’m the father.
Cat:That means that Luthor was the one who sent the pictures.

Or did she already figure it out?

“I am,” Phil interrupted with a glowing grin.
He knows the truth. Biology is not what makes a father.

“Phil, I know that the ultrasound did narrow down the age of the baby and give us a due date between Halloween and Election Day,
That is pretty precise.

Clark stared at them, frankly amazed at Phil’s one-eighty from that morning.
Rejecting a child I much harder than rejecting a woman, at least in some ways. Although it is probably good that Phil came around before he learned Cat was pregnant.

“I never knew that you wanted children, Lois,” Lex said, his voice filtering back through Clark’s defenses.
No, no, no. Even if Lana had not convinced Clark that he could never father a child (I doubt she ever allowed that theory t be tested), Wells (gripe at him), as convinced Clark he never could father a child with Lois.

“Oh, I never thought I did until I saw my future without children in it,” Lois replied vaguely.
Aargh, aragh, argh. Why do you say such horrible things Lois?

“Changed his mind?” Lex echoed skeptically.
This is giving Lex hope that he can change Lois's mind.

“It’s okay, Lois. We’re engaged, and married people should share everything,” Lex said
Lois: Than why don't you tell me where you hide the Kryptonite?

“Oh, this is hilarious,” Cat giggled,
With friends like Cat, Clark does not need enemies.

Clark nodded curtly and backed around to the far side of the table, so he could keep an eye and ear on the guard to see if he was listening.
I like Clark worrying about this issue.

He pretended to fiddle with his tape recorder, clicking open the tape compartment, so his friend could see that it was empty, before snapping it shut once more.
Why does he have an empty tape recorder?

With the Daily Planet out of commission, Clark doubted his paycheck was going to be any less rubber than it was before Luthor bought the newspaper, but he nodded.
Jimbo won't cause his rent to go up at all though.

We helped Mr. Luthor as much as you, Lois, and Mr. White did after he was shot,
And Luthor was trying to get rid of me to once he took over the planet. He showed no appreciation of my saving his life.

Lois believes you’re innocent,” Clark interjected softly before Jimmy could continue.
Jimmy: Yet she remains engaged to my chief accuser.

Clark nodded, eyeing the guard, who now had a look of abstract boredom across his face. “She’s working on Luthor to have him realize that you were set up.”
Clark: But not working the way you are thinking Jimmy.

Jimmy nodded and actually appeared excited by the prospect of something other to do than staring at the cinder blocks. “Do you think it might help Lois see the light of day?”
Clark: Lois already sees the light, she just needs a way out of her investigation.

“Marcus Schwartz. Mr. Luthor hired me at the request of Lois Lane to assist in your defense,” the man replied.
Obviously without discussing it at all with Lois on the who side. Although, maybe this time the ADA on the case will be more open to Schwartz method's of persuasion.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
party party party No more Wells to come and mess things up.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard