Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here. smile

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
You finished! rotflol
I was not at all surprised to see Lois's complete acceptance, but I must admit I was amazed at her restraint! Yet it is explained quite nicely with this:
all I can say is that you're lucky I'm Lois Moko, Bangala medicine woman, and not Lois Lane, Daily Planet reporter."

Amusement wriggled out from under the mountain of his fears and tugged his mouth to a stilted smile. "What would you do?" he asked. "If you were Lois Lane?"

"I would probably hound you with unending questions," Lois said with a wide grin. "And I would demand the exclusive interview."
I loved how Lois figured out that Tempus had deliberately dropped Clark where he believed her body to be. And how she realizes the implications of this.

I was sad, for a moment, for Lois's sake when she was so happy to learn they were free to live their lives in peace, and Clark insists he has to go back. But I loved how quickly, upon learning of Clark's abilities, she shifts gears and starts trying to help him.

Of course, you have left me with and endless stream of questions. Will they both go back to Metropolis or just Clark? Will he stay there, and eventually bring Lois, or will they end up living in Africa? (I actually think this might be the best option. This universe's Metropolis doesn't seem like anywhere I'd want to live, and Didi probably would have the hardest time of all adapting to city life.) Just why did Lana lie about the abuse? (Did she do it willingly, perhaps for money? Or unwillingly, under threat of blackmail?) Will there be a Superman? Oh, so many questions. And no, I'm not asking you for the answers. That would take all the fun out of discovering them for myself as I read MORE! Soon, please?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yay! You're back! The story is back! Yay twice!

Whew.

Okay, now for the rest of the tough stuff.

When will Clark tell Lois that Kent is his last name? I doubt that she'll care, but right now she only knows him as Kent-with-no-last-name. That might be fine for now, but not forever. She'll have to know, and she won't let it go for long.

Now that there aren't any more secrets between them, there's no reason for them not to marry. Clark is going to divorce Lana, and if she thinks Clark is dead, she might have married the baby daddy already, which would smooth things for Clark a considerable amount. And now that Tempus has whiffed on killing both of his most deadly enemies, maybe he'll get caught with his pants down when Clark returns from the dead, as it were.

I'm still wondering if Lois will go back to the States when this is over (as it soon will be). Or will she stay with the Bangala as their medicine woman? Actually, having either of them show up unexpectedly is going to reveal something about the location of Tempus' body dump. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few more of his enemies lying around the area, slowly decomposing beyond recognition. And revealing the Bangala to the outside world would destroy their way of life, so I'm thinking she's going to stay with them and Clark will just have to deal with it.

Lois responded to Clark in the best way possible. She not only fully accepted his differences, she rejoiced in them. And she told him he was a hero! It's about time he showed that part of his personality. I doubt that Jonathan or Martha meant for him to hide his differences to the point where people died or were injured, but I'm sure that Lana meant that.

And he has to accept that Lana never loved him. If she had, she would have loved all of him, not just parts. I think he's close to that point, and his future interactions with Tempus and Lana and Lois will push him over that final barrier to his being Superman.

A passing thought: Wouldn't it be interesting for Superman to base his Fortress of Solitude somewhere near the Congo? That way he could be with Lois, she could stay with the tribe, and they could be together when he's not off pushing asteroids away from the Earth or catching nuclear missiles before they strike their targets.

I'm ready for the next chapter, Corrina. I don't suppose you could post it now, could you?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
You are back, Corrina. smile I missed your story, but you came back with a great part. sloppy Clark' secret turned out not to be appalling for Lois, and I'm sure that the Bengala people wouldn't be appalled either.
Looking forward to the next part.

KateB
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm still reading, too. I haven't had the spare time to do a proper response. Will try to get to it before you post the next part.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Glad you are back - great part. I am getting snowed and iced in so 2 parts (or even all 4 parts)posted soon would be appreciated!!!!

robinson
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 More story.

I have to say this was my favorite part yet. I guess I am not surprised that Lois fully accepted Clark. I was a bit surprised she did not fight his leaving more.

His showing an ability to fly did help everything, and Lois calling it incredible was so wonderful.

I am surprised Lois did not argue he should wait to heal a bit more. Actually, I am surprised she does not urge a test run to Brazzaville.

John Pack Lambert
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when is she going to get to fly with him? That will be amazing for Kent (and for Lois, of course, but that's more obvious).

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm working with an unreliable internet connection for a few days, but I'm going to try to post the next part now. Let's see how we go!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard