Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Loved it! You not only solved that great question plaguing fans of LnC but also found all our lost socks. clap

I loved that added detail that Clark put a chair in his wormhole room to help him change his clothes.

"Those, my friend, are piles of lost socks. I guess the fast spin on some washing machines opens up tiny wormholes and sometimes single socks manage to find their way through the wormhole to that place. When I first got there the place was littered with them. It took me a long time to bring some order to that place..."
rotflol

Lots of fun. Nice fun story to start my day. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was GREAT! I loved it thumbsup

Great story to read while on a break with a bowl of cereal--thanks! (although nearly spit out some cereal laughing when I got to the 'sock' part blush ).

Thanks for sharing!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
This was absolutely brilliant! clap

I loved this explanation for where Clark's clothes go when he spins into to Superman vice versa. But tying in the lost socks reference was utterly inspired!

"Those, my friend, are piles of lost socks. I guess the fast spin on some washing machines opens up tiny wormholes and sometimes single socks manage to find their way through the wormhole to that place...."
lol I practically split my sides laughing! What a perfect tie-in.

Excuse any scientific doo-da. I was more interested in the socks...
I don't blame you! Thanks for posting this! Really made my day.

Ultra Lucille
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a hoot!

Thanks for explaining where Clark clothes go while he's being super!

The socks were a cool bonus, so that where they go and here I thought it was my dog Dax who hides them!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is hilarious. Storing the clothes in a wormhole ... along with all the lost socks in the world! If Superman wanted the world's never-ending gratitude (and amazement) he could bring all the lost socks back. rotflol

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Annie B.:
If Superman wanted the world's never-ending gratitude (and amazement) he could bring all the lost socks back. rotflol
He should donate them to charity. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The was just hysterical, LOL, loved it. Always wondered where all the missing socks went, makes perfect sense.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know who's winning the Kerth Award for Comedy Story this year! laugh

/now goes to wipe sprayed coffee off keyboard/

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL rotflol

I love the wormhole theory. When I read about the great colorful piles, I half expected a Harry Potter crossover to the room of requirement.

However, I disagree with the washing macine spin cycle wormhole. The socks are actually consumed by wire hangers. Hey, it takes a lot of nourishment to multiply the way they do. wink

Great story.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lonnie!

"Here you are, Doctor Klein," Clark said as he laid the rock on the scientist's lab table.

"Oh, thank you, Superman!" Bernard Klein's eyes shone as he eyed the rock. "This might help me solve the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle!"
Wouldn’t it have been awkward had Clark gotten lost in the Triangle?
LOIS: *Awkward*?

"Well," Clark started, "it's rather hard to explain, but you of all people should get it, I guess. I can show you, if you have a small camcorder lying around."
So, Clark practices regularly in front of Lois and is now happy to show someone else, too?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

It was a vast space, dimly lit.
Oooh! wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, that was great!! You really have solved THE great mystery of universe with this story! I can imagine Dr. Kleins's face with Clark's last words jawdrop Jajajaja!! That was really funny!!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
The lost socks! I love it! (It's even better than the theory that the sock is the larval form of the wire coat hanger.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard