Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#97695 10/21/13 08:45 AM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Any comments? Just a little idea that came to me while I was at work today. I hope you like it. wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image] That's fantastic! And well deserved for the pushy wedding guest. Well done. Thanks for today's giggle. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
LOL. Honestly, I've often wondered how the conversation between Lana and Clark happened that got her the invite in the first place?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
<snicker> <giggle> Shame on you Lois! That is so mean! <guffaw> You should be ashamed of yourself! ( thumbsup

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
I'm with Lois.

A pushy ex-girlfriend who wrangles a late invitation to a wedding is not to be trusted.

Great story!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I lol'd. Lois sending Lana to the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation facility? Sounds like a good plan to get rid of a potential rival. laugh

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
what a hoot! I loved it. Totally unexpected and original.

robinson
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
clap I should have figured that is where Lois would send Lana, but I didn't until the mosquito was mentioned.

On the other hand, I don't know why Lois would do that, Lana never seemed a real threat in LnC, but it was a fun story none the less.

John Pack Lambert
Kerth
Kerth
clap That was hilarious! I think Lois was well within her right. She may know that nothing Lana does to steal Clark away will ever amount to anything, but that doesn't mean she can't have a little fun with it! Besides, Clark did it himself, so he's got no excuse! :p I can just imagine Lana forcing her way in, though....

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Features Writer
Features Writer
rotflol rotflol rotflol would done that too

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm. I have gone to a few weddings where the bride should have done this! LOL! Nice job! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful.
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.: I can see this leading into the first fight of the marriage.
Should have been a premarriage fight err, discussion. Who invites ex-s to the wedding?
Aside from cases where they were not really ex-s, such as the guy whose date fell for his roommate and the like.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lana kinda invited herself. Mr. Nice guy didn't have the nerve to just say no. How do you un-invite someone any how?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Framework4:
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.: I can see this leading into the first fight of the marriage.
Should have been a premarriage fight err, discussion. Who invites ex-s to the wedding?
Aside from cases where they were not really ex-s, such as the guy whose date fell for his roommate and the like.
This story tells us very little about this Lana's relationship with Clark. We have no idea, based upon this story, what the Lana of this universe is like, or whether she was as pushy as alt-Lana or, presumably, canon-Lana. We don't know whether she invited herself (as did canon-Lana) or whether Clark invited her.

I agree that the conversation regarding who should be invited should have taken place pre-wedding. But reading between the lines in the story, the two had agreed to invite her. Although Lois did not wish to do so, she had apparently conceded the invitation. She either should have "had it out with Clark" before the wedding or else, having agreed to invite Lana, she should have sent an honest invitation. What she did was passive-aggressive and, frankly, is a horrible start to the marriage, IMHO.

That being said, I still found the story hysterical.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I don't know about that.

They weren't invited, but when I was married the girl I dumped for my wife and my wife's ex-husband showed up - together. They were married a few months later. We were not invited and did not attend.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for all of the comments.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[Linked Image] That's fantastic! And well deserved for the pushy wedding guest. Well done. Thanks for today's giggle. thumbsup

Joy,
Lynn
I'm glad you liked it. The likeliness of a fight is why I ended the scene before Clark actually found out where Lois had sent Lana. I didn't want to turn what was supposed to be a funny story into a depressing one.

Originally posted by Female Hawk:
I'm with Lois.

A pushy ex-girlfriend who wrangles a late invitation to a wedding is not to be trusted.

Great story!

Corrina.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I agree that Lana was probably not to be trusted.

Originally posted by Annie B.:
I lol'd. Lois sending Lana to the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation facility? Sounds like a good plan to get rid of a potential rival. laugh
I'm glad you thought it was funny. That's one way to successfully take care of a rival.

Originally posted by robinson:
what a hoot! I loved it. Totally unexpected and original.
Thanks. I'm glad you found the ending to be unexpected and the story to be original.

Originally posted by John Lambert:
clap I should have figured that is where Lois would send Lana, but I didn't until the mosquito was mentioned.
I threw that reference of the mosquito in there as a subtle hint as to where Lana was. Glad you caught it.

Originally posted by Mouserocks:
clap That was hilarious! I think Lois was well within her right. She may know that nothing Lana does to steal Clark away will ever amount to anything, but that doesn't mean she can't have a little fun with it! Besides, Clark did it himself, so he's got no excuse! :p I can just imagine Lana forcing her way in, though....
I'm glad you found it to be hilarious. Clark really can't protest too much since he did the same thing to Lois.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
They weren't invited, but what I was married the girl I dumped for my wife and my wife's ex-husband showed up - together. They were married a few months later. We were not invited and did not attend.
Wait, Ken. Your ex and your now-wife's ex-husband showed up to YOUR wedding without being invited? rotflol funny, because I think Lana was deserving of this for her actions. Clark owes Lois big-time too for allowing himself to be such a pushover to his ex-girlfriend. Is he going to let Lana stay with them the next time she's in Metropolis for a visit? He needed to stand up to Lana at some point and this would have been the perfect opportunity. Although, since Clois probably snubbed Lana at the ARGH wedding reception, having no idea who she was, that might have taken care of that possibility.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by lovesuper97:
thumbsup
I'm glad you liked it. Thanks.

Originally posted by Framework4:
Delightful.
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:[b] I can see this leading into the first fight of the marriage.
Aside from cases where they were not really ex-s, such as the guy whose date fell for his roommate and the like. [/b]
I agree. This is definitely a discussion they should have had before the wedding. Of course, the story wouldn't have been as funny if Lana had been simply uninvited.

Originally posted by Artemis:
Cute!
cool
Artemis
Thanks. I'm glad you found the story to be cute.

Originally posted by SJH:
Lana kinda invited herself. Mr. Nice guy didn't have the nerve to just say no. How do you un-invite someone any how?
Good point. Lana did sort of invite herself from what we know from the show, and it would have been somewhat awkward to tell her she was uninvited. Of course, Lois' solution won't make things any less awkward the next time she and Clark see Lana.

Originally posted by KenJ:
Oh, I don't know about that.

They weren't invited, but what I was married the girl I dumped for my wife and my wife's ex-husband showed up - together. They were married a few months later. We were not invited and did not attend.
Wow, I really can't imagine showing up to an ex's wedding uninvited. Even with an invitation, I'm not sure I'd want to go because things could still feel uncomfortable for all parties involved.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story! And I didn't catch on that it would be the Sewage Reclamation facility till the end either...great way to end it--definitely had me party

It was probably--no, make that obviously-- pretty rude of Lois to address Lana's invite to the sewage facility--and to do it behind Clark's back isn't great either--but...I was still happy she did so smile . You don't just invite yourself to someone's wedding (especially your ex's)--and she would have known that Clark was too polite to say 'no'.

And, like was mentioned earlier--Clark did send Lois there when they were getting to know each other...he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.

Thanks for a fun read--loved it smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard