Kerth
Comments go here!

Thanks,

Corrina.

#97668 10/18/13 04:07 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I almost hope Clark's powers never come back and he and Lois can live happily ever after in the place they've found that is home.

thanks!

rkn
#97669 10/18/13 05:35 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I disagree, rkn. Deep inside Kent is a hero and without fighting the fight, allowing Tempus to win, and without making sure that Lana and the baby are okay, he'll never be able to be truly happy. He'll always wonder if he did the right thing, and these doubts will eat into his happiness with Lois. He's too good inside to just leave the world to fall into decay and not try to do anything about it. That's the curse of heroes. They do what they ought to (should) do, and rarely what they want to do, especially when it comes to their private life. The greater good always wins out. frown

Whether or not Clark's powers return, I believe he would go back to Metropolis to find out the truth. If his powers came back, it would be a quicker trip, though.

Due to Romeric's jealousy over Kent and Lois, I worry when the two of them go off together. He tried to sabotage Lois and Clark's relationship by telling Maddy about their almost kiss. While his actions and motives may be pure, I find I cannot trust him. Plus, I also worry whenever Clark goes to the river. The river is where Lois dumped the Kryptonite, which means he could become exposed to it again.

I love Lois's impatience. I give her credit for trying to see things from his POV, but it always comes back to what she wants in the end. clap So, Lois.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#97670 10/18/13 07:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tempus had known he was an alien. Tempus had wanted him to die. Tempus had said his body would rot.

Next to hers.

Had Tempus killed Lana?
Clark is mixing his memories. Tempus was speaking about Lois. His body would rot next to hers (Lois). He didn't speak about Lana.

Should he try? Should he get whatever information he could from Matymbou and Romaric, pack food and water, and set out with the intention of returning to Metropolis and discovering what had happened to his wife?

It would mean leaving Lois.

Clark groaned softly.
I don't like it. I don't like it at all. If Tempus almost succeeded in killing Clark when he had his powers, he would have no trouble killing him now that he is powerless. eek Besides, without super powers it would take months (at the best) or years for Clark go to America and come back to Bangala (this is, if he came back from this mission alive). He would leave Lois just when things start to warm up between them. frown This has "bad idea" written all over. twins

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#97671 10/18/13 08:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Blessed friday!... I can read your post!!!

So..... they are remembering that they are alive! They find their bodies and souls can't be feeded just by bread and water.... yees!! And I really hope that Clark's "penchant for pigheadedness" won't interfere their plans.... (BTW, I love that phrase goofy )

.... the river.:.. eek no, really... is "the" river?? Please tell me that is some kind of wild river, which drag everything from its place and not the kind of calm river, where you can stoke pieces of bright, green rocks .... grumble

Will he ever tell Lois The Truth?? I imagine that would never be easy... but, if he won't do it, everything will be worse... if Tempus come to the tribe, or if his lunkheadness (is that a word?) makes him go back to Metropolis and get another dose of kryptonite and get hurt and unable to come back, or if his powers came back suddenly and Lois discover them by accident.. that could destroy their trust.... or... or.... there are so many bad scenarios that come to my mind...

I can't wait for next week...

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#97672 10/18/13 12:28 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Tempus had known he was an alien. Tempus had wanted him to die. Tempus had said his body would rot.

Next to hers.

Had Tempus killed Lana?
When I first read the first chapter, I thought that Tempus had killed Lana. It was really pretty confusing. After reading it through several times, I decided that Tempus must have meant that he thought Lois was dead in Africa, so he was dumping Clark in the same area to die because if he had been talking about Lana, Clark would have known it. Now it seems my first interpretation might be right.

If Tempus killed Lana, that would make Clark's situation much easier because he wouldn't have to bother with a divorce. On the other hand, if Tempus killed Lana, he probably framed Clark for it. Then if Clark shows his face in Metropolis again, he will have to deal with Lana's accusations of abuse and his disappearance lending credence to whatever evidence Tempus has concocted that implicates him in her murder. And of course, Clark being Clark, he's bound to make some statement that it's "his fault" that she's dead, which would be overheard and used against him, no matter that he actually meant that he felt guilty that he wasn't there to protect her, not that he actually did it.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#97673 10/18/13 01:21 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I like the sudden turn this is taking! This is really the first time he's allowed himself to think about what happened to him (that we've seen anyways) and Tempus' words are definitely hinting at something more sinister. And everything was going so well, too... evil It had to be this way though. I wonder when his powers will come back, because I can't imagine him being able to hold back when they do. I only hope that he tells Lois the truth about everything before doing something risky and dangerous. I imagine Lois would bring up some questions eventually, at least about the green shards in his back or how he got here.

Of course, Clark has been known to be quite the lunkhead in the past, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Other than an update, I mean. wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#97674 10/18/13 02:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooooooooooooooh!

We are definitely approaching a plot climax! And I'm convinced that this was a real memory, taking place somewhere between these lines from part 1:

The pain, carried by searing flames, assaulted every part of his body.

He blacked out. He surfaced enough to realise they were hauling him away.
Tempus is talking about Lois, but Clark has no way of knowing that and assumes he means Lana. Of course Tempus wouldn't care that he's gone off and married someone else in this universe... his *real* wife is Lois, because their relationship is the bane of his existence.

I haven't exactly been on pins and needles waiting for them to figure out they both worked at the Daily Planet, because, okay, haha, funny coincidence, but it doesn't really matter to their lives today. But when he goes to her and tells her he needs to go back to deal with Tempus... this I can't wait to see! (I think I've been dealing pretty well with the gaps between parts, but now I'm on edge!)

#97675 10/18/13 04:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I see trouble coming...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#97676 10/19/13 02:55 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, my theory is Tempus means he kills Lois. He thought she was dead when he abandoned her in the Congo. That is why Clark was dropped in the same general location.

My theory is that Lois will convince Clark that based on what he was told if Lana is dead they should be able to find her body near where he was found. This will lead to him realizing that she was the one Tempus was speaking of.

The one real big issue that I have no clue about is, does Lois know it was Tempus who was behind trying to kill her? If she knows that name things will go very differently than if she doesn't, at least if Clark mentions it.

John Pack Lambert
#97677 10/28/13 01:39 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
rkn That would mean I could wind up the story quickly wink

Virginia Interesting thoughts. You're probably right about Kent being a hero, but wouldn't it be nice if he just once looked after himself first? Maybe this will be that story. Or maybe not.

Andreia Great memory for little details!

chelo The river - I've never seen the Congo River, but I know it's very long and hopefully fast flowing.

mrsM

It was really pretty confusing.
Yes, it was. I wrote that scene from Clark's POV and he was drifting in and out of consciousness, so it would have been unrealistic for all his memories to be clear and sharp. However, when I wrote the scene, I had no idea it would take nearly a year for me to get back to that line about bodies rotting.

Mouse I like that you can see that Clark thinking about what happened is a step forward. It has to be done if he's going to move on.

Amy Good summary, Amy. I'll try to keep the waiting as short as possible.

Laura Trouble? cool

John Interesting theories, John. I can't really say much else.

I'll try to post the next part within 24 hours. I'm so close to the end that I haven't wanted to take a break from writing to post the next part.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard