Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96804 08/10/13 03:54 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Apologies for the long delay. Thanks to those who are still with me, including my amazing BRs, Iolanthe and Lynn.

Corrina.

#96805 08/10/13 04:47 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I know I haven't said anything for a while but really enjoying the story!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#96806 08/10/13 04:47 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Gah, a doublepost!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#96807 08/10/13 05:04 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Nooooo!!!!! You can't end it there!

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96808 08/10/13 06:53 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was glad we got to see Lois and Clark interact some in this part.

John Pack Lambert
#96809 08/11/13 12:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What's going on with Romeric? I want to believe he's genuinely being nice to Kent (and therefore be one of the stereotypical always nice Bangala), but part of me expects him stab Kent in the back -- literally -- should they team up for hunting. I like the idea of the whole village being quiet on "birthing day". It really makes the village seem more like a cohesive unit working together for the communal good. We'll have to see. I hope Rolle well with the birth of her new child.

I don't know how well Romeric is going to take Kent sleeping in Lois's hut when she isn't there. He's going to suspect a bomoi-marriage without a ceremony which will certainly make him mad.

Poor men having to explain to Diddi about birth. clap I don't envy them.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#96810 08/11/13 12:16 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Fantastic! Another chapter! Lots of tension in this one and what a place to leave us at, you are so good at cliffhangers! smile

Can hardly wait for the next installment. More soon please!! smile

#96811 08/11/13 04:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cliffhangers are your speciality! Welcome back and thanks for the latest installment.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#96812 08/11/13 04:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still with you. I hope we get a post sooner. I am liking the story despite the cliff hanger. ;-)

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#96813 08/13/13 02:19 PM
Kerth
Kerth
smile1 Yay! An update!

I loved the scene of Clark and Romaric explaining how babies are born to Diddi. laugh I can just picture the looks on their faces throughout it all, and how Lois would react if they had explained anything about "how the baby got in" laugh

I liked that Lois and Clark had an interaction, and it was very sweet. I hope every works out all right for Rolle and her baby, and I can't wait for another update! No more cliffhangers.... wink (It's okay, I'll take cliffhangers as long as you keep the chapters coming.) smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#96814 08/14/13 09:19 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
What's going on with Romeric? I want to believe he's genuinely being nice to Kent (and therefore be one of the stereotypical always nice Bangala), but part of me expects him stab Kent in the back -- literally -- should they team up for hunting. I like the idea of the whole village being quiet on "birthing day". It really makes the village seem more like a cohesive unit working together for the communal good. We'll have to see. I hope Rolle well with the birth of her new child.

I don't know how well Romeric is going to take Kent sleeping in Lois's hut when she isn't there. He's going to suspect a bomoi-marriage without a ceremony which will certainly make him mad.

Poor men having to explain to Diddi about birth. clap I don't envy them.
But Lois and Kent were both sleeping in the same place while in quarantine. So Clark sleeping in a Lois-free Lois hut seems to be a lower level of closeness.

John Pack Lambert
#96815 08/14/13 09:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
But Lois and Kent were both sleeping in the same place while in quarantine. So Clark sleeping in a Lois-free Lois hut seems to be a lower level of closeness.
Okay, true. But I could see Romeric differentiating between Clark sleeping in the same quarantine hut as the medicine woman, who is caring for him... and Clark staying in her HOME without being married to her.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#96816 08/14/13 12:47 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Oh dear, you left us hanging Corrina. wildguy I hope that Rolle and her baby will be fine and that Romaric is not playing a game with Kent.
Please, post soon. grovel

KateB
#96817 08/14/13 04:28 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That's a very long labor. Scary. You really captured Lois's fear and exhaustion well. And the way the whole village is involved -- it will be devastating if Rolle and the baby aren't okay.

#96818 08/20/13 04:21 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, come on! You can't leave me like this!
I love all your stories, and this is the first time I'm following your weekly posts, and I have to say: It's excruciating!!! wallbash I can't wait to read the next chapter!!!

I loved the part when Didi ask Romaric and Kent about childbirth.... hahaha!

More ASAP!! please!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#96819 08/27/13 03:18 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Christina Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

John If I were to add in interaction simply for the sake of interaction, the story would suffer.

Virginia Interesting points.

MrsM, Elizabeth and Morgana Sorry about the cliffy. Resolution soon.

Laura Glad you're still with me.

Mouse The parts will continue to come. It might be slow, but they will keep coming.

Kate You'll hear about Rolle soon.

Amy A first baby can take a long time. No advanced medical help like a C-section, remember.

chelo Reading part by part has both advantages and disadvantages. It's nice to have you 'on board'.

Thanks, everyone.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard