Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013
#96483 07/18/13 12:43 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ooooh, you sneaky, sneaky...um...sneak. laugh You really had me worried, there. I tip my hat to you. smile

~•~
#96484 07/19/13 06:03 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Wow, I like the twist. I was wondering why Clark would put up with Lois's behavior and give in to her. I couldn't see him happily spending the night with her and handing her over to another man for the rest of their lives.

Much happier ending than I was expecting! laugh

Re-reading the story, everything they say takes on a different meaning. You did a great job on making me assume that she's marrying Luthor without actually directly implying it.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96485 07/20/13 06:00 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to admit on the first reading I was just shocked at what Lois was doing. However after getting though I went back and re-read it. I realized that not only was there no mention of Luthor, but that Clark's "what about ..." line totally works. He is about to say "what about waiting until the wedding night".

I have to admit that on first reading I was shocked that Clark would make love to a women without telling her his secret. On second reading I realized this is because she already knows.

John Pack Lambert
#96486 07/25/13 04:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yep, you got us good! Well done.

Just a note on British/American vocabulary. In American English, "vest" means something akin to the British "waistcoat." I believe what Lois was wearing was probably a tank top (for a woman; the same garment on a man would be an undershirt).

I'm happy to see these little vignettes. I don't have time or energy to invest in open-ended epics these days.

Keep writing!

smile1

This *is* my happily ever after.
#96487 07/25/13 08:16 AM
A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Very clever!

#96488 09/08/13 02:02 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“All right!” he called, opening the door. “Lois?!” His eyebrows raised in surprise seeing her at his door. “What are you doing here?”
Is it wise to receive gests in just your underwear?

“I’m supposed to get married tomorrow,” she slurred.
Lex?

“I’m getting married tomorrow. You’re my best friend, and I don’t want that to change. I’m freaking out. I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing.”
There there.

“Lois…” he began, but she cut him off. Thrusting her tongue into his mouth, Lois kissed him hard. “Mmm… wait, wait! What are we doing?” he asked, holding up his hands to stop her.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard