Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: SirRodStewFan FDK: Cold Feet - 07/18/13 03:36 PM
Let me know what you think
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Cold Feet - 07/18/13 04:43 PM
Ooooh, you sneaky, sneaky...um...sneak. laugh You really had me worried, there. I tip my hat to you. smile
Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk Re: FDK: Cold Feet - 07/19/13 10:03 AM
Wow, I like the twist. I was wondering why Clark would put up with Lois's behavior and give in to her. I couldn't see him happily spending the night with her and handing her over to another man for the rest of their lives.

Much happier ending than I was expecting! laugh

Re-reading the story, everything they say takes on a different meaning. You did a great job on making me assume that she's marrying Luthor without actually directly implying it.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK: Cold Feet - 07/20/13 10:00 PM
I have to admit on the first reading I was just shocked at what Lois was doing. However after getting though I went back and re-read it. I realized that not only was there no mention of Luthor, but that Clark's "what about ..." line totally works. He is about to say "what about waiting until the wedding night".

I have to admit that on first reading I was shocked that Clark would make love to a women without telling her his secret. On second reading I realized this is because she already knows.
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: Cold Feet - 07/25/13 08:19 AM
Yep, you got us good! Well done.

Just a note on British/American vocabulary. In American English, "vest" means something akin to the British "waistcoat." I believe what Lois was wearing was probably a tank top (for a woman; the same garment on a man would be an undershirt).

I'm happy to see these little vignettes. I don't have time or energy to invest in open-ended epics these days.

Keep writing!

smile1
Posted By: AngelRose Re: FDK: Cold Feet - 07/25/13 12:16 PM
Very clever!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Cold Feet - 09/08/13 06:02 AM
“All right!” he called, opening the door. “Lois?!” His eyebrows raised in surprise seeing her at his door. “What are you doing here?”
Is it wise to receive gests in just your underwear?

“I’m supposed to get married tomorrow,” she slurred.
Lex?

“I’m getting married tomorrow. You’re my best friend, and I don’t want that to change. I’m freaking out. I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing.”
There there.

“Lois…” he began, but she cut him off. Thrusting her tongue into his mouth, Lois kissed him hard. “Mmm… wait, wait! What are we doing?” he asked, holding up his hands to stop her.
wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards