Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
smile
Well, we're done. Thanks to all of you for such support. Hope this puts the cherry on top of the sundae for all of you.

I must mention the fantastic work done by my team of wonderful betas. In no particular order, they are John Lambert, Morgana, Iolanthealias, and SciFiJoan. Give it up to them for all their hard work and faithful comments and suggestions! If you liked a part of the story, it's a good bet one or more of them had something to do with that.

Until next time! See y'all on the boards!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting that Mayson would push the deal through, just so she wouldn't have to sit and watch Clark wait for Lois.

I don't know how Clark will feel about not being able to fly Lois to Thailand for dinner, but I guess they'll have to make do with eating in Metropolis. This is her punishment after all. And what's more of a punishment than to be married to Superman, and not be able to fly around the world with him. clap but not about her getting her plea deal. I wonder if Ellen heard about that little adventure at all. Let's hope she didn't get any papers while in rehab. wink

I'm sorry we missed Clark and Lois having that little talk about his side job. I could see her worrying less about Mayson, someone who hates Superman, as a rival since she already knows. I'm guessing she got out on bail, because I cannot imagine Clark telling Lois his little secret while they were alone in a holding cell.

It's ironic that Clemmons pushed for the deal here, while trying to throw the book at her in PvsLL. Tempus would be proud, if he weren't so annoyed that she was free to marry Clark.

You have the wonderful ability to show scenes through minor characters' eyes. This scene with the bailiff and earlier through the thug's (Big Mike's?) associate. I find it interesting to see how the characters are seen by others. Very well done.

A great A-Plot adventure, with a dash of B-Plot at the end.

Poor Mayson, but I doubt it would have worked out between her and Clark though. She's a bit anti-vigilante, and he's, well, Superman.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
clap Fantastic way to wrap up the story, Terry! Loved it the whole way through! Mayson's reasons for letting Lois walk are a little bit confusing, but altogether make sense. She's right; Clark would wait for Lois. The whole scene in the courtroom I found quite entertaining, especially Clark's line about marrying Lois and not bridling her. :p Fun ride! Thanks for posting!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Terry. wave

This will be feedback for the whole story. I hope that's okay.

In short, Wonderful! clap

A marvelous idea. We talk about “Mad Dog Lane” all the time but so I don't recall ever seeing her in “Give Me the Story or Give Me Death!” mode. So, whether it's been done before or not, yor exploration was a great read.

There is just so much in here that's good.
1. The way she disappeared so completely and so quickly. That, along with her disguises, kicked the story into high-gear very quickly.
2. Her use of her underworld contacts to get her quest started and the utter ruthlessness she showed right from the beginning. That served to send the message forward that if Lois Lane came after you, she was more than willing to do you serious harm if you didn't cooperate. I don't think her quest would have been successful without that element.
3. And, to contrast her ruthlessness when dealing with her... interview subjects, I loved that after each encounter she was sick. Naturally she thought it was the cancer, but I had to believe it was mostly the stress from her taking actions that she knew were wrong.
4. I loved the encounter with Nigel. Even with all of his calculating, he still misjudged her actions and mis-played his moment of opportunity. (Although I have to admit, I was also taken completely by surprise at the way she just shot him without warning. After the fact, it was an obvious – all be it inspired – move, but at the moment I didn't expect it.)
5. And finally, thank you for giving us a happy ending. Both with respect to Lois and Clark and Lois not having to spend several years in prison.

Anyway, there is so much here. Honestly, after I finished the story I went right back and read the whole thing again.

This was truly excellent.
Bob

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
party Lois and Clark are getting married, and Lois knows. But when did she learn the Truth?

John Pack Lambert
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Great story! I was good with 9/9 and then there was the bonus epilogue. It was thinking it was the icing on the cake when I saw your post--cherry/sundae works too.

Unfortunately, Lois is on probation or I'd ask about a "Lois Lane: Fugitive from Justice" series. Maybe UltraWoman would run afoul of Mayson Drake ADA?

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ultrawoman has a showdown with Mayson? Hmmm, the possibilities are endless.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I posted this originally in the 9/9 part in response to Mouserocks comment about them not being willing to just be partners any longer but most of the comments really belong here.

Well Lois and Clark are pretty much finished as partners because she will be probably not be employed by the Daily Planet after this. Something like liability insurance. The statement was made that she would be lucky to be employed as a Researcher at the DP after this, that is if she stayed out of jail but that she had basically worked her way out of Investigative Journalism.

This is one of the things that turned me off to this story, basically Terry destroyed her professionally and significantly damaged her personally with all this 'Dirty Lois' stuff. But I seem to be in the minority here. I haven't posted before because I have bounced around between hating the story to somewhat understanding where Terry might be coming from. One concept I had was that Lois had always been one to push past limits and maybe Clark's presence was the only thing that kept something like this from happening earlier. On the other hand Lois (in the series) never seemed to take to guns, in many scenes if she disarmed someone she just picked up the gun with two fingers and tossed it away. I know Terry said a character did things totally out of character but I could be glib and think that his next story will be about a serial killer version of Clark. Of course the real out of character was her totally giving up immediately, no second opinion, no going to StarLabs to see what Bernie could pull out of his hat.

Maybe this is where Lois and Clark ride off into the Sunset because I don't see Clark hanging around the DP without Lois there as his partner. She will probably want out of Metropolis at least for a while when she is hounded to max by the Digger type folk.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 05/15/14 09:59 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard