Hi, Terry. wave

This will be feedback for the whole story. I hope that's okay.

In short, Wonderful! clap

A marvelous idea. We talk about “Mad Dog Lane” all the time but so I don't recall ever seeing her in “Give Me the Story or Give Me Death!” mode. So, whether it's been done before or not, yor exploration was a great read.

There is just so much in here that's good.
1. The way she disappeared so completely and so quickly. That, along with her disguises, kicked the story into high-gear very quickly.
2. Her use of her underworld contacts to get her quest started and the utter ruthlessness she showed right from the beginning. That served to send the message forward that if Lois Lane came after you, she was more than willing to do you serious harm if you didn't cooperate. I don't think her quest would have been successful without that element.
3. And, to contrast her ruthlessness when dealing with her... interview subjects, I loved that after each encounter she was sick. Naturally she thought it was the cancer, but I had to believe it was mostly the stress from her taking actions that she knew were wrong.
4. I loved the encounter with Nigel. Even with all of his calculating, he still misjudged her actions and mis-played his moment of opportunity. (Although I have to admit, I was also taken completely by surprise at the way she just shot him without warning. After the fact, it was an obvious – all be it inspired – move, but at the moment I didn't expect it.)
5. And finally, thank you for giving us a happy ending. Both with respect to Lois and Clark and Lois not having to spend several years in prison.

Anyway, there is so much here. Honestly, after I finished the story I went right back and read the whole thing again.

This was truly excellent.
Bob