Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96322 07/06/13 02:32 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, yeah... blame Corrina's Cooking Class on the baking scene... I got a little inspired, though my scene isn't nearly as steamy as her story. wink What can I say? There is something purely scrumptious about those two in the kitchen!

Oh, Corrina -- I figured out the word. It sure isn't fissure. You were right -- it's frisson. smile

So, I will post the final part tomorrow! Thanks for reading and commenting! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#96323 07/06/13 03:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, a new part! And double yay, another one tomorrow! You make me happy smile

Um, anyway, this was good... they're so cute and awkward together. Clark must be so confused - she's not treating him the same, and I'm sure he's comparing that to how she used to treat Clark. He should also take note, though, that she's not interacting with him like she used to do with Superman, either. And hey, she didn't immediately request a ride back to Metropolis, so that means she's happy to be there, right?

Anyway... looking forward to reading the rest of this. Thanks for sharing!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#96324 07/06/13 01:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm a little surprised that the snowfall was so strong that Martha and Jonathan still haven't made it back. frown I hope they're okay, or are they staying in town to give Lois and Clark a little more alone time together? wink wink Since the power is back on, and I'm assuming the phones since Lois was able to fax / send her story electronically to Perry, that Clark would've called their hotel and told them what happened on the farm while they were gone. Or is he hoping to have his powers back and have the whole mess cleaned up before they return and he can make it sound not as bad as it was as so not to worry them?

How to show him that I cared about him – that I –

“Love him?” I said aloud to the quiet solitude around me, those words sending a frisson of pleasure and fear through me.
Hmmm, I wonder if Lois realizes that her 'love' interest sometimes has super powerful hearing and might've heard her. Of course, knowing our loveable lunkhead, he probably thought she was thinking of Lex Luthor back in Metropolis. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#96325 07/06/13 04:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, Clark is being very standoffish. Is he too afraid to say anything serious to Lois? Of course, she's afraid to say things too.

Maybe they just need some more time to come to terms with the revelation. Or (frighteningly) if they don't deal with the elephant in the room here at the farm, maybe they never will. And that would be bad.

#96326 07/06/13 07:18 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
A the anguish. Lois wants to open up to Clark, but she is afraid to be the first to speak.

I hope nothing bad happens to Clark on that trip.

Hopefully fixing up his telescope will be taken in the right way.

I liked the baking scene too, although I kept hoping Lois would volunteer to help clean the mixing instrument. I mean, GGGoH is supposed to have allusions to licking fingers, right, and people are always licking the beaters, so Lois should get to lick what Clark uses as a beater, right.

John Pack Lambert
#96327 07/06/13 10:07 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Chief Pam
Yay, a new part! And double yay, another one tomorrow! You make me happy
I do what I can! laugh
Um, anyway, this was good... they're so cute and awkward together. Clark must be so confused - she's not treating him the same, and I'm sure he's comparing that to how she used to treat Clark. He should also take note, though, that she's not interacting with him like she used to do with Superman, either. And hey, she didn't immediately request a ride back to Metropolis, so that means she's happy to be there, right?
I wrote this with the idea in mind that we know Clark cares for her and we understand his insecurities... about his secret, about loving the man behind the cape. There are clues all through this part as to what is going through his mind... If Lois can't pick up on them, the reader will. wink

Anyway... looking forward to reading the rest of this. Thanks for sharing!

PJ
Thanks for reading! Posting the last part ASAP! smile

VirginiaR
huh And yes, we need that recipe!

quote: I knew then that I had to tell him. He had to know how I felt. He had to know that I didn’t think of his secret as a burden, but as a cherished honor. I would do anything for Clark, and I needed him to know that.

Um... how exactly is Clark supposed to know that, Lois?
This will be resolved in the last part. smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#96328 07/06/13 10:08 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I had trouble posting everything at once. The message said I was limited to 8 images. Does that refer to the Graemlins or using quotes/bold/italics, etc?

Feedback continued...
VirginiaR

quote:A few hours later, we sat listening to Christmas carols on the radio eating cookies and milk companionably.

And she STILL hasn't said anything. Lois! [Wallbash]
/whistles innocently

quote: I heard the porch door close and immediately called out Clark’s name. It was dark out now, and we had plenty of firewood in the house. What could he be doing?

Being a lunkhead? What was he doing, going to search for the K without letting Lois know first? I really HATE that: when a man tells you one thing and does another. He should have let her know he was going outside. Martha owes you a ear-pull when she gets back home, Clark. It's called being considerate.
LOL, indeed!

quote: I leaned down and immediately closed the lid, horrified that I had been so careless.

I don't think she had been careless. I believe she had been scared out of her mind, dealing with blizzard-like conditions, cold to boot, and trying to do something difficult in normal situation.
Yes, you are right. But would Lois necessarily acknowledge that to herself if she's feeling guilty?
I don't understand Clark's coldness towards Lois. True, Lois is being very hesitant about her own feelings, but it should only take one good look for him to see what's written on her face, one brush of her arm to hear her heart rate increase. It's so frustrating not knowing what's going on in Clark's head. I'm sure it's something totally illogical, knowing Clark, but come on, guys! Only one part left. What we need is Martha Kent and a nice big box of Mistletoe!
Hopefully all will be cleared up in the final part! Thanks for the massive feedback, Virginia! thumbsup

IolantheAlias
Yes, Clark is being very standoffish. Is he too afraid to say anything serious to Lois? Of course, she's afraid to say things too.
Yes, they are sort of dancing around their feelings for each other... each for their own reasons.
Maybe they just need some more time to come to terms with the revelation. Or (frighteningly) if they don't deal with the elephant in the room here at the farm, maybe they never will. And that would be bad.
Fear not! WAFFy ending ahead! laugh

John Lambert
A the anguish. Lois wants to open up to Clark, but she is afraid to be the first to speak.

I hope nothing bad happens to Clark on that trip.
/whistles innocently
Hopefully fixing up his telescope will be taken in the right way.
Trust in Christmas spirit and Clark's feelings for Lois. smile
I liked the baking scene too, although I kept hoping Lois would volunteer to help clean the mixing instrument. I mean, GGGoH is supposed to have allusions to licking fingers, right, and people are always licking the beaters, so Lois should get to lick what Clark uses as a beater, right.
Really?? I've never known about that! Where is this mentioned?

Thanks for reading and commenting everyone! Off to post the last part! hyper

#96329 07/06/13 10:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mozartmaid:
Doh! I forgot the chilling the dough step! Perhaps I can add in a little super breath?
Oh, definitely got to add in the chilling. laugh Grimlin limit is for smilies and images only (and it says 8 but it's really closer to 15).

And yes, we need that recipe!
You asked:

HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIES
From C&H Sugar

Ingredients

1 Cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks), softened
1 Cup Granulated (White) Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
3 Cups all-purpose Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, soda and salt; stir into sugar mixture. Divide into two equal-sized disks, place in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°F.

On flour covered board, working with one disk at a time, roll out dough to ⅛ inch thickness. Cut out stars, snowflakes and other shapes. Place cookie shapes 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes until lightly browned. After cooling, decorate with icing and sugar crystals.

Makes 3 to 4 dozen (depending on size of shapes).

Virginia’s Notes: Cookies also taste good unfrosted. If using salted butter, only add 1/2 tsp of salt. I’ve also made dropped cookies with this dough, omitting the chilling time and rolling each cookie ball in white sugar before placing them on a cookie pan. Bake in the 375°F for roughly 8-10 minutes.

ROYAL ICING
This icing will air dry for decorated cookies and isn't sticky (after drying). I use (clean) craft brushes then to decorate the cookies. Lots of fun for the kids.

Ingredients

4 Cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Meringue Powder
1 tsp Vanilla

In large glass or metal bowl, beat all ingredients at high speed to 10 minutes, or until very stiff.

Hints: Use immediately. Keep covered with a damp cloth or with plastic wrap to prevent drying. Thin with a few drops of water or thicken with additional powered sugar.

Serving size: Makes 3½ Cups.

Virginia’s Notes: Follow the recipe for the icing. It will get a little thinner when liquid food coloring is added. If it gets a little hard in the bowl, just add water to thin. This recipe makes A LOT of icing, so often I only make half... or end up throwing out extra icing after the cookies are iced. It's good to make a full batch, so that you can make a variety of colors to decorate with.

Bon appétit!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#96330 07/06/13 10:48 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yum!! Thanks for the recipe Virginia!! party

#96331 07/07/13 03:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think the finger thing was when L&C were in town and Clark got a paper cut on his finger. Lois was confused about his reaction to such a normal thing and told him to stick it in his mouth and suck on it. A favorite line for nfic writers to play with goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#96332 07/07/13 02:57 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Arggh! They are both lunkheads!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard