Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#95769 06/07/13 08:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I bow to the pressures of my readers. hail I hope this means I can be reassured of your continued readership. laugh

I hope you all enjoyed tonight's cliffy. It was brought to you by the letters: P and G. Or was it V and T? And the numbers 2 and 3. Now, was that when two become three, or was it three become two? One of those options. Whatever. [Linked Image]

Comments of any denominations accepted. Tomatoes supplied upon request.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 11:47 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I will do a more in depth response latter. First though grumble at the stupid watch grumble .

Now the big question is, why is Lois so shocked about Perry's birthday. My guess is she is remembering the events of Perry's next birthday. I was going to say "she is about to realize CK=SM' but of course she already knows that.

I am hoping she remembers about the time travel incident now. That will be very interesting.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois stormed out of the elevator and straight over to Clark’s desk.
frown I was so hoping that she would run into Clark at the police station.

He wasn’t there.
frown that he isn't there.

She had felt like yelling at someone for leaving her in jail all night.
Clark:It isn't my fault the hearing was not until the morning.

“Great shades of Elvis,” Jimmy mumbled.
He clearly spends too much time around Perry if he says things like that.

“You’ve got that right,” Perry agreed with him before turning to Lois. “It’s nice of you to join us, Lois. Does this late arrival come with a story attached?”
He actually thinks she gets stories out of Luthor, odd.

John Pack Lambert
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My, my, my. I had forgotten just how long this story has been in progress. You have done a marvelous job, Virginia, to keep everyone's attention through all the various twists and turns and permutations. We know what's going to happen - at least in a general sense - yet you continue to tantalize and tease and surprise. Kudos to you and your muse(s) and to your patient betas! I promise to stick with you to the end, because I know you'll make it worthwhile.

Oh, the story? Yes, of course. Will Clark ever admit to Lois that he's Superman? Will he tell her that he's from not just another planet but another dimension? Will these two succeed in reestablishing the timeline? Will Tempus ever return, and if so, will he be the same as he was before? Will Lois make nice with Mayson this time around? And will she ever figure out where all those "premonitions" are coming from?

I trust you will address all of my questions at the appropriate time. I will therefore eagerly await the next installment of "Wrong Clark."

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What's going on with Lois having more and more premonitions? You've got me curious.

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
because all the traffic lights in Metropolis are on the fritz,”
Why did she expect Clark to be in with all the traffic lights on the fritz?

Where’s Clark?”
Saving the world I am sure.

Perry nodded towards the television, where LNN showed a couple of airplanes sitting on the tarmac.[Quote]

Good he was there.

[Quote]“I’ll see if I can get the D.A. to release Eugene so that he can join them,” Lois said to her boss as Jimmy ran off.
Couldn't they set it up so he could work on the problem from jail?

“I doubt that’s going to happen. Laderman’s a convicted murderer who has already escaped from police custody once. You’ll need special permission from a judge to get him released, which you’re not likely to get being that you harbored a felon, and not just any felon, that felon,” Perry said.
Lois:Perry, that is why you will be the one making the request to get him out, not me.

“Eugene’s innocent, and the charges against me will be dropped once we prove it.
It would seem the gun charge would still stick, and the other charge still in theory would stick if the conviction was overturned, although guess they might drop all of them, but only if she could make a deal to avoid exposing incompetence.

The man with whom Lena’s been having long lunches is Henry Harrison, Lena’s husband and the man whom Eugene was convicted of killing,”
I guess that would make the whole trial and conviction highly suspect.

“I couldn’t put it in my story because I don’t have any corroborating evidence that Harrison is still alive, and I know how much you love those cold, hard facts. Eugene had just recognized him when Reed knocked on my door last night.”
Perry:This is why the Star scoops us, we don't print the possible leads we have.

Somebody was still killed, Lois,
Someone died, whether they were killed is another story.

“Then this country is in deep doo-doo, Chief, because Eugene is the only person out there who saw the Ides of Metropolis virus while Harrison was working on it; therefore, Eugene will be the only one who can kill it before it does serious damage,” she replied.
Sounds like it is already too late for that, it seems to have already done serious damage.

“Well,” Perry said slowly. “I’m glad we have a convicted murderer on the case to kill this virus; it’ll make for nice copy.
See, that is what they need, to go for the catchy title to beat out the Star.

Kind of like what our front page would’ve looked like if it had included color photos like the Metropolis Star did.”
They need better photographers.

He lifted up a copy of the Met Star, showing Reed and her men leading Lois and Eugene into the police station in handcuffs with the banner headline Daily Planet Harbors Murderers.
How did Linda manage to pull that off? I am slightly surprised that the Met Star issue has not come to a head yet.

“But at least the Daily Planet had the inside story on Laderman’s capture, because my star reporter got arrested with him!”
Lois:I do what I can to get the inside story.

How in the hell would she know about Eugene’s capture? Clark!” She growled.
Oh no, oh no, oh no. She is mistrusting Clark more and more.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Now, Lois, we both know that Kent would never have told a rival newspaper about one of our investigations.”
I am glad Perry is here to talk some sense into her.

“Maybe he would if he were looking for a new job, because the Daily Planet’s readers keep abandoning us for them,” she exclaimed, tossing the Metropolis Star onto Clark’s empty desk.
Her premonitions seem to be messing with her understanding of reality if she thinks that is at all possible.

Clark:Why would I go anywhere else, when I chose the Daily Planet so I could be with Lois?

“Okay, you’re right. Clark does like to hold on to his secrets,” she admitted with a grumble.
Perry:Well, you did share it almost immediately after learning it.

“Perhaps I was wrong about the Voyeur, and it was the Met Star trying to get a jump on our next headline.
Very disturbing thought.

It would explain why they have reporters following us.”
Maybe Linda was just trying to catch her "boyfriend" cheating on her.

Lois shrugged. “I thought it might be Bureau 39,” she lied weakly,
That was her original suspicion.

“Because Harrison is still alive, we should be able to convince a judge to let Eugene out of jail to work on the antidote for this virus.
Only if they can be convinced he is still alive, Eugene's and Lois's word alone won't accomplish that.

She bit her bottom lip in concentration. “Hope that Jimbo aced his Computer Virus class he took from Laderman?”
Actually, bringing in trained counter-virus experts with lots of experience would be a better idea. But her previous claim was that Laderman's unique knowledge of this specific virus was needed.

She tried again. “Invest in gold bars?”
What does that have to do with anything?

“Find Henry Harrison?”
That sounds like a good idea.

“There we go, Lois,” her boss said wryly, patting her on the back. “I think he’s buried out in Whispering Pines.”
Was that the cemetery from "Ressurection"?

“There was a body down in Harrison’s grave,” Reed continued, handing Lois some papers from the coroner’s office. “But it wasn’t Harrison’s.”
So she did believe Lois's claims, at least a little.

“I have a dead body on my hands,” Reed reminded her. “Harrison is still missing. For all we know Eugene Laderman killed two men,
Shouldn't Lena identifying the wrong body cause major red flags about this whole thing?

and cooked up this virus himself as a way to get back at the world.”
I was going to ask when he could have implemented it since being imprisoned, but I guess Lois did give him computer access.

“I only brought this to your attention, because you said Eugene told you that Harrison was that guy on the video with Lena.”
I am surpsied Reed has not taken possession of the video, or has she?

Clark had only opened the door from the Daily Planet stairwell a crack when he saw Lois and Luthor not three yards away.
grumble Too much Luthor all around. He is not supposed to show up at the DP in any of these episodes. grumble

“What do you mean 'you bailed me out'?” Lois demanded to Clark’s delight.
Clark: grumble why do they even have to be that?

I appreciate you bailing me out, really, I do, but it puts my job as an unbiased reporter in jeopardy.
Perry:The number of stories I can put Lois on and still maintain our journalistic ethics is very small.

Therefore, I can’t drop everything and go to lunch with you.
For once she actually turns him down.

“Please know that you’ll always have a job at LNN,
Luthor really does not get it if he things Lois would ever take a job where she had been dating the boss.

“I’m sorry, Lex, but I’m not going to be available until this Ides of Metropolis mess has been cleaned up.
grumble so much for her not being friendly with Luthor.

“No, Lex. I can’t be convicted of harboring an innocent man,” Lois retorted.
Actually the charge would be interfering with a man hunt, and probably could in theory still be brought even if he is proven innocent, although it might not be likely.

Sadly, Clark knew that if Lois were ever wrongly convicted of a crime, Luthor would be right because Superman would bust Lois out of prison in an instant, damn the consequences.
What if Lois was rightly convicted of a crime?

Why when it came to Lois, did Clark find he would have no problem crossing that ‘truth and justice’ line he wouldn’t for anyone else?
If she is wrongly convicted though, it would seem to be the just thing to get her out.

“Either way, Lois. I want you to know that I’ll never allow you to end up being convicted,” Luthor reassured her.
That does sound like the statement of a crook.

Unfortunately, Luthor’s promise was merely words and not proof of any legitimate bribery scandal within the justice system,
Do you really want to describe a bribery scandal as "legitimate"?

but it could be a new angle for Clark’s investigation. How often did the same judges see Luthor’s court cases? Had any of the judges changed dockets with another judge at the last minute in any court cases involving Luthor or companies owned by Luthor? If so, why? What were the financial holdings like for those judges who had ruled in Luthor’s favor?
Clark, Cat, Henderson and Lois would make a lot more progress if they worked together on the Luthor investigation.

Lois set her hand on Lex’s arm,
grumble what is with her constant touching him, I did not think the watch was worth that much.

Then again, he hated Lois being in the same room with the billionaire, so he might be a bit biased.
Well, he did shoot her.

“That’s very kind of you to say, Lex. Thank you,” Lois replied, and from her tone Clark knew that she didn’t mean it.
grumble Too much Lex kissing Lois. grumble

Clark waited a full minute before entering the bullpen.
frown I was hoping he would go immediately to Lois right there.

She had seemed too friendly with Luthor, but her words had told the man off.
It is harder to speak in fake tones than with fake words.

Should Clark listen to her words, or her actions?
He should just plain trust her. Although why she wants to be friends with the guy who shot her never really made sense to me.

In that light, he had to admit that Lois’s actions weren’t any friendlier than with her co-workers.
Does Lois accept kisses on the cheek from Jimmy, Perry or Cat?

and saw Lois standing on her tiptoes trying to reach a notebook on a shelf above her head.
party They are together again.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Here. Allow me,” Clark volunteered, shutting the door behind him.
hyper more touching.

Clark answered before kissing her again.
hyper party More kissing.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“All the planes are grounded for the time being. That took several hours to accomplish.”
Lois:I wish we had the same time to accomplish this.

He ran his fingers over her hair and down her back.
hyper more touching.

“I’ve mi…” he hardly had begun when Lois interrupted by pulling his mouth to hers again.
hyper more touching.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Oh, right. You’ve been out of the loop. Eugene recognized Henry Harrison as Lena’s ‘other man’ on the video,
Clark:So she was never cheating at all.

and he also said that the program he had witnessed Harrison working on before their big fight about Lena, was the Ides of Metropolis,”
Clark:So this problem might be solvable.

Lois explained before brushing his lips again with another soft kiss.
hyper she can hardly talk they are going at it so much.

What she said didn’t make much sense, and he wondered if he had caught it all.
Maybe that is a result of her close proximity.

He was just about to ask when he heard the soft snap of a metal latch.
hyper she is taking off her clothes.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois then pushed the jacket off her shoulders and tossed it across the room.
dance now they will be even closer.

This movement brought his attention back to where they were and what they were doing. “Lois, wait. This isn’t the time or place,”
Clark, stop interrupting the good parts, just go with it.

he said, his voice deep and husky as she returned to kissing down his neck.
dance more kissing. I doubt his complaint will have any effect.

“I know,” she agreed, but that didn’t stop her lips on his throat.
dance more kissing.

“I’ve got to type up my Tealboro story, and then we need to find Harrison…” Clark said until Lois’s mouth covered his and shut him up.
dance more kissing.

She was right. That could wait a few kisses longer.
dance more kissing.

“Jimmy’s checking all the luxury hotels in town
Clark:We should be doing that part, try out to see which ones we would really like.

to see if Lena’s registered,” she replied. “I’ve just had the night and morning from hell, and want to do something for me.”
Clark:I can be the something for you.

Clark couldn’t help the feeling light-footed. Lois considered time with him as her reward...
Lois:Only when it is a private session.

her stress relief from being hauled off to jail. “Oh? Am I your chocolate ice cream, Minha?” he teased.
dance more kissing.

“Tastier and much more satisfying, Chuck.”
dance he rates above chocolate.

“Let’s go out and announce to everyone about us,” he suggested on a whim.
party no more hiding.

“Now?” she sounded disappointed.
Lois:We just barely started kissing.

True, that would mean returning to real life from this fantasy kissfest,
Stay as close to Lois as possible Clark.

but the ultimate reward would be worth it.
Good point.

“They’re probably wondering why you haven’t returned from the supply closet anyway,” he reminded her.
He does have a good point.

Her lips disappeared from his. “You want to gloat about our little… whatever this is… in the supply closet? Are you insane? No, we should give our little bait test with Linda another shot first.”
Why does she insist on such bizarre plans?

“You want me to go on another date with her?” he asked incredulously.
Clark:It would be so much more fun if we went on a date together.

Why would he want to do that?
To feel his separation from Lois even more?

“Someplace public, where everyone can see you,” she said. “Maybe with dancing.”
Clark:But Lois, I only ever want to go dancing with you.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“And where will you be?” he asked. “Giving Luthor back his watch, I hope.”
grumble watch, messing everything up, grumble

As soon as the words came out of his mouth, he knew that their little closet tryst had ended.
At least he can sense that.

“Lois, I didn’t mean…” he started.

“Actually you did,” she corrected.
He is trying Lois, he really is, you are just making it too hard.

She pulled the watch out of her jacket pocket and snapped it back on her wrist.
grumble stupid watch, the world would be better off without it.

“You see my new watch as some sort of engagement ring, don’t you?
Clark:Well, it is more expensive than the ring my Dad got my Mom, being a rolex and all.

Well, it’s not. It’s just a watch. Wearing it doesn’t mean that he owns me, Clark.
Clark:He thinks it does.

“It’s just a watch!” she growled.
Methinks she doth protest too much.

Clark rested his hand briefly on her right bicep
hyper more touching.

over the spot Lex had shot her. “Not the watch, Lois,” he murmured. “Not the watch.”
I guess he does have a point about the scars.

Lois shifted her jacket over her wrist, and then took hold of his hand over her arm, squeezing it.
hyper more touching.

“I haven’t forgotten, Chuck,” she said softly.
hyper she used the endearment.

“Come on,” she said, heading for the door. “We have a country to save, Su…” She froze,
Oh, I was so hoping she would say his name.

and then smacked herself in the forehead. “Supplies!”
I am shocked she got out of that one.

“Right. Supplies,” he said, removing a couple of notepads from the shelf and handing them to her. For a second there, he thought she was going to say something else.
How many times will she slip up like that before he realizes that she knows the secret?

They walked back into the newsroom together,
frown they are no longer holding hands.

and a part of him was disappointed that nobody seemed to notice.
He really does want to brag about making out with Lois.

“I better go type up that Tealboro story,” Clark said to Lois with a gentle caress to her back.
hyper more touching.

“Of course he’s going to jump, Jimmy,” Lois said, returning to her typing, and much more calmly than Clark expected. “But not until tonight after the paper been put to bed. People are known to do crazy things with they turn fifty, including going bungee jumping.”
clap I just love Lois knowing what will happen.

“How do you know about Perry’s birthday?” Clark asked. The Chief had seemed quite certain nobody at the Planet knew about his big birthday.
He still does not really understand her memories of the past.

Her face turned white and she stammered, “P…P…Per… Perry’s birthday… is t…t…today?”
Is she remembering his next birthday?

Clark nodded slowly, moving towards Lois. He was beginning to recognize the signs of her premonitions:
Well, at least he now realizes what is going on, better late than never.

knowing something she shouldn’t, the shock at knowing it, and the color draining from her face were all dead giveaways that something wasn’t right.
It is bigger than he has any idea of.

“P…Per… Perry’s... his birthday?” she repeated before her eyes rolled back into her head and she started to fall to the floor in a dead faint. Luckily, Clark was close enough to catch her.
dance more touching.

I still wish Clark had never brought up the watch. That watch is becoming a major point of contention. Lois should never had accepted it.

I am now really wondering what is up with the reaction to Perry's birthday. Did Lois remember about his birthday next year? Is she going to remember going back in time? Is she about to realize this is the replacement Clark? Considering she has become closer to this Clark than she ever was to the original, I can't see her deciding to replace him if she does. This is going to be very interesting.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
“Eugene was right. It is a computer virus. Jimmy, call your cousin. Tell him that he and the others in Eugene’s virus fighting class need to get started working on an antidote for this thing.”
It seems to me that just calling in a bunch of CS students is rather short-sighted. You can make the argument that since Eugene has seen the virus, he may have imparted some of his anti-virus knowledge onto his students, but I guarantee there are more experienced hackers that could do a better job quicker. I'll concede that Lois knows less than nothing about programming, though, and wouldn't necessarily realize that.

“Eugene’s innocent, and the charges against me will be dropped once we prove it."
He's still an escaped convict. I don't see why Lois expects that the escape and her harboring a fugitive would be swept under the rug just because he didn't kill Harrison. They both committed crimes regardless of whether he's actually guilty of murder.

"Because Harrison is still alive, we should be able to convince a judge to let Eugene out of jail to work on the antidote for this virus."
...Why? Like Perry pointed out, there's still a dead man, and Eugene is the most likely suspect and a flight risk. Lois is pretty emotional about this whole trial. She's not being logical nor reasonable.

Besides, Lena identified the body,” Reed admitted grudgingly.
Go arrest Lena for obstructing justice, or purgury, or whatever charge she gets for lying to the police. I guess she could claim that she was overcome by grief, and the body was too burned to be recognizable. Hang on, how did she ID the body, then?

Luthor nodded as if he had been listening, and then said, “Beautiful that you are, Lois, I like that you have something to contribute to a conversation. I’d much rather speak with you than hear what most other people have to say.” He smiled his smarmy smile. “Please know that you’ll always have a job at LNN, if ever your career needs it. I understand that you’re busy now, though. Are we still on for our usual Thursday night dinner, then?”
Wow, he really doesn't care about anything she's saying, does he? I love the subtle wording here - "I'd much rather speak with you than hear what most other people have to say." Nowhere does he say that he likes to listen to her. And when he starts the way he does, it implies that the understanding had been that he's just been keeping her around for her looks, but look! A bonus! She can talk, too!

Lois: What am I, a Barbie?

Announcer voice: That's right, kids! Lois Lane, now with five different sayings! Just pull the cord on her back!

::pull::

Lois: "Math is hard!"

Lois: Blah blah blah reporting blah blah blah Superman.

Lois: I'm willing to sleep with the boss to get a job!

::Lois slaps hand away from pull cord::

Lois: Hey! I don't say that!

Luthor: I can dream, can't I? ::sighs:: "Lois Bought-With-A-Watch Luthor." Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Clark: mad

“Please let my attorneys assist you in this harboring matter. I would hate for you to end up in prison.”
Is that a threat?

“Here. Allow me,” Clark volunteered, shutting the door behind him.
Sweet. cool

"They wouldn’t let me back to see you without proper identification.”
So why hasn't he used the birth certificate from the Kents to get a new driver's license? He had claimed that he could use his press pass as a photo ID, but I was pretty skeptical of that, and here he's blatantly proven false.

He was just about to ask when he heard the soft snap of a metal latch.
This confused me. I thought someone was opening the door. What kind of "latch" is on a jacket? There are zippers, buttons, snaps, hooks, but I can't picture what you mean.

There was a major story crashing down around them, and everyone was too busy to care about office gossip.
It's not very often that people are disappointed about that.

Lois’s gaze shifted to Clark. “Huh? His birthday? I don’t know. I just…knew,” she mumbled as her whole body went rigid. Slowly, she stood up and her stare at Clark deepened. Her face turned white and she stammered, “P…P…Per… Perry’s birthday… is t…t…today?”
She's just upset because she forgot a present, and all she has lying around is checked suspenders. Hey, wait. Wasn't the whole Tempus mess the following birthday, and Clark comments that Lois got him checked suspenders the previous year? If she got him a birthday present this year, why doesn't she know about his birthday by conventional means? Though I guess she could have gotten him a present after the whole bungee jumping incident.

And am I remembering wrong, or was the whole Super-Clone thing in the same episode as the bungee jumping? Is that going to come into play? Or is this Clark smart enough not to leave his DNA lying around everywhere? Maybe cannon-Clark mentioned it to him at some point, so alt-Clark wouldn't donate his hair in this dimension.

Warm fuzzies for Lois and Clark actually getting some time together! Now if they can actually communicate when they talk, we'll be getting somewhere! smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
John wrote:
Why when it came to Lois, did Clark find he would have no problem crossing that ‘truth and justice’ line he wouldn’t for anyone else?
If she is wrongly convicted though, it would seem to be the just thing to get her out.
I would think the just thing would be to find the evidence that proves her innocence, capture the real bad guy, and win a quick appeal. Superman walks a fine line with public opinion, and he can't afford to appear that he thinks he and his friends are above the law.

John wrote:
I read that as meaning "not just alleged" rather than "above board".

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
John wrote:
I would think the just thing would be to find the evidence that proves her innocence, capture the real bad guy, and win a quick appeal. Superman walks a fine line with public opinion, and he can't afford to appear that he thinks he and his friends are above the law.

John wrote:
I read that as meaning "not just alleged" rather than "above board".
I also think that is what she meant, but it still seams a weird way to describe it. I would think "real" or some other word along those lines would be better.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Of course he’s going to jump, Jimmy,” Lois said, returning to her typing, and much more calmly than Clark expected. “But not until tonight after the paper been put to bed. People are known to do crazy things with they turn fifty, including going bungee jumping.”
I noticed this reading the lead in to section 119. I think that should be "paper's" or "paper has", and I am pretty sure she would say "things when they".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thank you for your comments. I had a strange feeling that you'd respond positively to this part. laugh
I will do a more in depth response latter. First though party lots of kissing. grumble at the stupid watch grumble.
That poor watch just can't catch a break. frown

Now the big question is, why is Lois so shocked about Perry's birthday. My guess is she is remembering the events of Perry's next birthday. I was going to say "she is about to realize CK=SM' but of course she already knows that.
Um... she forgot to buy him a gift?

I am hoping she remembers about the time travel incident now. That will be very interesting.
cool
I was so hoping that she would run into Clark at the police station.
This arc is brought to you by A-Plot Central. B-Plot is currently on vacation (although it does phone in from time to time.)

“Great shades of Elvis,” Jimmy mumbled.
JOHN: He clearly spends too much time around Perry if he says things like that.
Yep. Actually, that's a canon line of dialogue, I just moved it up slightly in the scene.

He actually thinks she gets stories out of Luthor, odd.
PERRY: What does Luthor have to do with anything? My reporters come in on time, or they have a darn good excuse, and I'm not talking "I've been in jail all night".

Because he a) walks, b) flies, c) doesn't take a car.

Saving the world I am sure.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Just a couple of planes.

Couldn't they set it up so he could work on the problem from jail?
According to Eugene, he needs a strong central computer / server to work from. I'm sure they don't have one of those at the jail.

Lois: Perry, that is why you will be the one making the request to get him out, not me.
First she has to convince Perry that Eugene is innocent.

It would seem the gun charge would still stick, and the other charge still in theory would stick if the conviction was overturned, although guess they might drop all of them, but only if she could make a deal to avoid exposing incompetence.
LOIS: You want me to sit on a story about incompetence in the DA's office in return for no jail time. <<holds out wrists>> Take me away. I don't take bribes.

I guess that would make the whole trial and conviction highly suspect.
Word of the convicted killer that his victim is still alive isn't enough to free Eugene. They've got to catch Harrison alive first.

Perry: This is why the Star scoops us, we don't print the possible leads we have.
PERRY: Cold, hard facts trumps gossip every time.

Sounds like it is already too late for that, it seems to have already done serious damage.
At this point and time, the damage done is the same amount of damage shown in canon.

See, that is what they need, to go for the catchy title to beat out the Star.
PERRY: My headlines aren't 'catchy' enough?

They need better photographers.
JIMMY: peep

How did Linda manage to pull that off? I am slightly surprised that the Met Star issue has not come to a head yet.
Heard it on the police scanner? Was just leaving the police station when they arrives? Received an anonymous tip? Lots of possibilities. Thankfully, this story isn't about her.

Lois: I do what I can to get the inside story.
LOIS: It was an exclusive!

Oh no, oh no, oh no. She is mistrusting Clark more and more.
He's her go-to whipping boy.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Because he a) walks, b) flies, c) doesn't take a car.
I was going for d-if the traffic lights are out, Superman will need to be rescuing people so they don't crash.

According to Eugene, he needs a strong central computer / server to work from. I'm sure they don't have one of those at the jail.
Plus if people like Mayson Drake at the DAs office think Reed is right that Laderman engineered this problem, the last thing they will give him computer access.

But gossip sells.

At this point and time, the damage done is the same amount of damage shown in canon.
Which also seemed serious to me.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by John Lambert:
But gossip sells.
Didn't the Star have pictures of Lois being arrested? That seems to be fact enough. They may be speculating about the circumstances, though.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK--
I am glad Perry is here to talk some sense into her.
PERRY: That's often my job. I don't get paid enough.

Her premonitions seem to be messing with her understanding of reality if she thinks that is at all possible.

Clark:Why would I go anywhere else, when I chose the Daily Planet so I could be with Lois?
But she doesn't know that, Clark.

Perry: Well, you did share it almost immediately after learning it.
LOIS: [Linked Image] You would remember that.

Very disturbing thought.
Not out of Carpenter's realm.

Maybe Linda was just trying to catch her "boyfriend" cheating on her.
clap

That was her original suspicion.
True, but that was months ago.

Actually, bringing in trained counter-virus experts with lots of experience would be a better idea. But her previous claim was that Laderman's unique knowledge of this specific virus was needed.
True, but it was Eugene's idea in canon to use his students to help him, I was building on that idea. Plus, Jimbo is really the only computer expert she really knows.

She tried again. “Invest in gold bars?”
JOHN: What does that have to do with anything?
Because the world's financial market is going down and gold will be worth more than paper money?

Was that the cemetery from "Ressurection"?
As a matter of fact, it is.

Shouldn't Lena identifying the wrong body cause major red flags about this whole thing?
I always thought so. Canon dialogue. Apparently, Reed's men are still tailing Lena (as per canon).

I was going to ask when he could have implemented it since being imprisoned, but I guess Lois did give him computer access.
Yep, using Lois's computer.

I am surpsied Reed has not taken possession of the video, or has she?
She has.

Too much Luthor all around. He is not supposed to show up at the DP in any of these episodes.
Well, here Lois is investigating him. In canon, Lois is dating him. Which would you rather see?

Clark: dance she is not groveling in praise of his actions.
/psst/ Clark? Lois doesn't grovel.

Where she only was in the first place due to Luthor's actions.
Oh, you noticed Lex's lie, then?

So that is why Clark and Perry were outmaneuvered.
That too.

Odd that she thought that.
Schwartz never told her, and she assumed wrongly.

Hmm, maybe I should be worried that Lois is arguing with Luthor. Nah, it just shows he has gone one step too far here.
You can worry, if you want to.

Maybe he should mention this detail to Lois. Although I guess he really does not need to drive a wedge between Lois and Luthor.
Clark would rather not mention Luthor's name at all, because when he does... [Linked Image] well, you know.

Did we see this in canon?
Nope. Bender shows up later in canon.

Oh no, she is presenting a challenge to Luthor, that will just encourage him.
There is a reason for her phrasing.

Clark: grumble why do they even have to be that?
LOIS: Because someone I know once told me it was easier to catch flies with honey, than with vinegar.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Perry: The number of stories I can put Lois on and still maintain our journalistic ethics is very small.
clap

For once she actually turns him down.
She's turned him down before, but it didn't go well for her.

Luthor really does not get it if he things Lois would ever take a job where she had been dating the boss.
Why not? She does it in canon.

I think that should be "maybe we can stop this".
Thanks. Fixed.

Actually the charge would be interfering with a man hunt, and probably could in theory still be brought even if he is proven innocent, although it might not be likely.
cool

What if Lois was rightly convicted of a crime?
Clark says he doesn't want to think about that possibility.

And not break out all the other "innocent" people from jail?

That does sound like the statement of a crook.
LEX: <<Nixon impersonation>> I am not a crook!

Legitimate as in real, not as legal.

Clark, Cat, Henderson and Lois would make a lot more progress if they worked together on the Luthor investigation.
They would, wouldn't they?

Well, he did shoot her.
CLARK: [Linked Image] See! I knew there was a reason I hated that man.

although I guess I should hope Clark is better at listening to Lois than Luthor, Although, I have to say I would not be displeased if he saw through her and never tried to use her again, fearing her as having an ulterior motive.
LEX: Are you saying that a woman would try and use me without me noticing? Ha!

It is good to know that Clark is a better observer than Luthor.
I would hope so.

I was hoping he would go immediately to Lois right there.
A) doesn't want to be caught eavesdropping, b) waiting for Lex to leave, and c) trying to organize his thoughts.

It is harder to speak in fake tones than with fake words.
Hmmmmm.

He should just plain trust her. Although why she wants to be friends with the guy who shot her never really made sense to me.
LEX: IT was an accident!

Does Lois accept kisses on the cheek from Jimmy, Perry or Cat?
Perry maybe. Jimmy would be too terrified to do so. And Cat, no.

Why did she do that?
Got to come up for air eventually.

dance that he tried. sad he didn't manage to, although I doubt the authorities would have permitted this level of friendliness.
AUTHORITIES: Nope.

I knew he should have tried harder to get proper identification.
laugh I do have reasons for doing things.

Clark:I doubt they would have allowed us to actually touch in any case.
Not a jump on THAT thing, Clark!
Clark:So she was never cheating at all.
Is it cheating if you have your husband's approval? Hmmmm.

Currently it almost seems they are. Although I guess they were not this friendly the day before when they were watching the video before he went off to see Cat. I like these meetings a lot more than that one.
Well, Jimmy was in that meeting.

Clark:When did she become my friend?
Exactly.

I think this sentence would be better if it was just "the one Lena identified", but maybe that is because I really dislike "whom", people do not generally say it at all.
That makes sense. Thanks. Fixed.

She really is distracting him.
A bit.

Why in the world did he say something stupid like that?
Um... because Lois just accused him of turning her into the cops?

Clark:Maybe she lied, maybe she just wanted you to start accusing everyone around you.
Maybe she did.

Although we still have a ways to go before the kisses in this story equal the body count in "Another Lois".
Um... I never said it would. Maybe by the end of the story.

she can hardly talk they are going at it so much.
CLARK: Conversation is sometimes over-rated.

she is taking off her clothes.
Hmmm. Are accessories considered "clothes"?
now they will be even closer.
Not at work, no.

Clark, stop interrupting the good parts, just go with it.
Clark is the man with the sex-phobia, remember?

I doubt his complaint will have any effect.
Does Lois ever listen to him?

Clark:We should be doing that part, try out to see which ones we would really like.
While the country's going to pot?

Clark:I can be the something for you.
That was implied.

he rates above chocolate.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois:We just barely started kissing.
Exactly, plus it interferes with her investigation.

Stay as close to Lois as possible Clark.
CLARK: Sound advice.

Why does she insist on such bizarre plans?
Because good guys can't plan.

Clark:It would be so much more fun if we went on a date together.
Again, world falling apart around them.

Clark:But Lois, I only ever want to go dancing with you.
True.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard