Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

evil

Any comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/14/14 12:15 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'll just do a quote less FDK,

I'm guessing Clark's thinking of some sort of person that would bite his head off at the first provocation. Of course the only individual that I know of that truly gets that sort of treatment is Ralph (for good reason).

"Clark without his memories"
Also known as "true Clark?"

Holding her hand a second longer than necessary, hmmm? Methinks he does not want to lose contact with her if he can't help it.

Oooohh, Camille is just BEGGING for Mad Dog to be let loose for that "sister" dig.

I really wonder whether or not Camille is under Luthor's thumb.

Clark eating a donut, I'm guessing this is going to shock Lois.
Lois: *upon seeing him eat the donut* *shock* dizzy

He remembers her kisses?? party

Clark: So you call the shots?
IOW: She likes to be on top, hmm? I think I like that.

Cat: *being all catlike and trying to hint at his superself and the unique friendship they have*
Clark: Lois, help!

Sounds like it just clicked that Lois DID write the note from "Meena".
Lois: Deny! Deny! Deny! I CAN'T let the office gossip mill know!
Clark: frown

Cat is just now getting a PRETTY big revelation, at least about the fact that Clark CAN be hurt by something.
I do wonder if she's thinking they experimented on him.

Poor Clark. To be honest there's also a minor outcry of "poor Cat" too but it's rather overwhelmed by the "fury of Lois."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay for Cat!!! I thought she'd never get to him.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Dr. McCorkle told Lois not to let Clark know that they were involved. Let him remember that on his own, or he might be offended by her assumption that he was in love with her when he had no memory of it.
Somehow I don't see that being a problem here. He is already in love with her again.

Therefore, it was back to acting as if they were just friends. Peachy.
Clark:I want to be more than "just friends" with this lovely lady.

True, with Clark not having any memory of their relationship or anything, for that matter, he might not act like the man with whom she had fallen in love.
Maybe he will have less of the "wrong" tendencies that Lois has seen in Clark.

Would she want to push him forward, past his previous intimacy walls, if she discovered that he was a different person without his memories?
It depends on how he is different.

Maybe she could finally figure out who he really was at heart, by finding out who he was without any memories.
Sounds like a good plan, in some ways.

She could see the spark of recognition in his eyes.
smile1 he recognizes her. ALthough that is probably just from her being in his room last night.

How much of the previous night did he recall?
Possibly more than really happened.

He reached out and took hold of her hand, allowing her to shake his.
smile1 they are touching.

“Have we met before, Lois?” he asked, holding her hand a second longer than necessary.
smile1

Lois:If you party every time I win you will be partying all the time.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Okay, true, she had cheated, but he didn’t know that.
All's fair in love.

“Dr. McCorkle said it would be better for Clark to be around familiar people and places,” Lois interrupted, so Clark wouldn’t think he had a choice and choose wrong.
Clark:Why would I chose anything except being with this lovely women who wants me to be with her.

“And I’m sorry, Inspector, no matter how many stories Clark wrote up about you, the MPD, and the Twelfth Precinct, familiar means me, the Daily Planet, and his apartment, not you and a safe house under police guard.”
Clark:I like that Lois put herself at the top of the list of familiar.

“Well, where’s mine?” Lois asked.
smile1 He is still acting like Clark in the important ways.

“Oh, where do you work, Mr. Doe?” Camille asked.
Good sign, his identity is still protected.

Henderson cleared his throat again, and Clark nodded. Lois was amazed that Henderson had allowed her to be privy to this classified secret. Oh, wait, she hadn’t been.
hyper He chose Lois. I am not surprised. Actually I was surprised he didn;t earlier.

“Is like,” Lois corrected. “You aren’t dead.”
dance Luthor was defeated.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
For some reason, her remarked earned her a smile from Clark. “I’d like to see what my life is like, Inspector. Thank you,” Clark said, as Henderson shook his hand.
Lois:This Clark is smart. He listenes to me.

“By what?” she asked, wondering if he was going to ask her about Clark’s number one priority. Did Henderson know about Clark’s connection to Superman?
Yes, and more about it than Lois does.

Lois:What? What don't I know.

Reader:Well, you will just have to figure it out.

Lois: grumble leaving hints that don't really help.

Clark followed, just as she knew he would. Thankfully, Clark was still Clark. They would be okay.
party party party I will stop for a while and just bask in their "will be OK" ness.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Well, then, you should know that Clark knows his left from his right. He’s still Clark. He’s just a little confused,” Lois defended him.
smile1 I love Lois' defense of Clark.

I do? Clark looked down at his hands. His left hand made an ‘L’ between his index and thumb. Hey, lookie there, he did know. He had no idea how he knew that, but he did.
smile1 I love these lines.

He meant something to her.
She might not have said they are more than just partners, but he can tell.

She merely shook her head, her eyes wide.
At first I was confused why she was so surprised. Yes, it is surprising he is eating donuts, but with no memory it shouldn't be. However then I remembered she probably vaguely remembers that Clark should like donuts. Without his memory Clark is acting more like he "should" act than he does with his memory.

“You know what sounds really good? Chocolate!”
Lois:Clark is so right without his memory. Although, if he likes chocolate too much it might be bad.

Cat held up a finger to Lois. “Would you excuse us for just a moment?” she asked, before taking Clark by the arm and leading him away.
I really do not get why Lois allowed Cat to take him away.

“We do?” he asked. He hated to sound so disbelieving of her, but he wasn’t attracted to her in the least.
clap I love Clark's lines. This is not making him trust Cat.

“No, honey, you’re going to be taking your shirt off,” she replied.
This sounds crazy. It might make sense at some levels, but it still sounds crazy.

Clark shrugged, wondering about her sudden change of topic. Did she think pushing him off the roof would get Superman to appear suddenly to save him?
It would fit with the other crazy things this crazy Cat woman has done.

“Uh… that’s about it… oh! I do have this strange rash on my right leg,” he said.
So is there still Kryptonite there?

The doors closed and Clark buried his face into his hand. He knew he should have gone to the press conference with Lois.
And we still do not know what is on his leg. Hmm, I am guessing there might be some Kryptonite there still.

John Pack Lambert
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Clark's eating a donut? Wow. Love Cat helping him out.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Hi! smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Thanks for reading.

Yay for Cat!!! I thought she'd never get to him.
CAT: grumble

Thanks for reading.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Oooh! Another Long FDK. smile1

Somehow I don't see that being a problem here. He is already in love with her again.
Lois doesn't know that.

Maybe he will have less of the "wrong" tendencies that Lois has seen in Clark.
LOIS: I don't care if he's 'wrong' or 'right' I'm just happy to have Clark back.

Sounds like a good plan, in some ways.
LOIS: It's a better plan than saying 'you love me' and having him say, "I do? Why's that again?"

he recognizes her. ALthough that is probably just from her being in his room last night.
[Linked Image] or the drawing.

Possibly more than really happened.
clap

he remembers something.
CLARK: This pretty lady makes me feel real good. I don't want to let her go in case she disappears on me and doesn't do that again.

Lois:If you party every time I win you will be partying all the time.
evil okay.

CLARK: Will she remember this later on, after I remember and tell her I'm Superman and I've been lying to protect her?

LOIS: No. Rule #66:
Rule #66 - Ethics according to Lois: It is acceptable for her to x-ray your butt to check out your underwear. It is not acceptable for you to x-ray her butt to check out hers.
- Lois's rule of Double Standards.

Clark:Why would I chose anything except being with this lovely women who wants me to be with her.
LOIS: Oh! Oh! I know this one! Because even without your memories you're a lunkhead?

Clark:I like that Lois put herself at the top of the list of familiar.
LOIS: You'll soon remember that I like it on top!

She is just plain nasty, and obviously totally bad at judging ages, considering Clark is about 5 years older than Lois. Well, maybe. He has been in his current body for about 5 years more. Maybe. Well, if it was not for whatever the actual effects of time reverting is.
Camile's not a bad judge of ages, she's a good judge of what will tick Lois off.

CAMILE: Anyway, she started it.

Good he did not give her last name. Otherwise all the work to protect his identity would have ended up wasted.
Because there are at least 2 other "Loises" in the Metropolian city limits?

My first wonder was why she was grumbling that Clark was still so good. But I guess is is slightly annoying that he has not let an attempted murder effect his emotions more.
He's being annoyingly nice to other women.

He chose Lois. I am not surprised. Actually I was surprised he didn;t earlier.
CLARK: I was about to but Camile interrupted.

Luthor was defeated.
LEX: What is that silly Reader talking about? I've never been defeated!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of response to John's FDK --

Yes, and more about it than Lois does.

Lois:What? What don't I know.

Reader:Well, you will just have to figure it out.

Lois: <<grumble>> leaving hints that don't really help.
clap

So much for Jimmy watching him.
Lois hasn't left yet, plus Jimmy's desk is right there.

It seems like neither never does when asked to.
He tried to "stay".

I wonder if that should be "clue of what".
Thanks. Fixed.

So no one is watching and protecting Clark.
CAT: I am.

Somehow I think this was all made up. Is this Pete from Sports? Sounds like an underhanded way to extort money, the the guy with amnesia he owes you.
Sounds like someone watched the Prankster recently.

Some times it is best not to try to be polite.
CLARK: Oh, I don't think I could do that.

I think that should be "who you really are".
Oooops. blush Thanks. Fixed.

But he did tell her about Kryptonite. I guess it didn't really register.
CAT: But it's RARE!

It can be if he has hypothermia brought on while affected by Kryptonite.
[Linked Image]

So the hospital put him where he was least likely to recover. They may have acted in a way that will lead to thousands of deaths.
METROPOLIS COUNTY HOSPITAL: We treated him as we would any other patient who came in with those symptoms. How were we supposed to know he was a special case?

CAT: Keep moving. No alien here.

I have to say this is the first time I have seen someone do something so awful to Clark in the name of helping. It is sort of like with canon-Clark and Jonathan hitting him with the bat, except there he had not suffered from Kryptonite. Here it is just plain rude.
How else was she supposed to prove he was no longer invulnerable?

I love Clark's lines. This is not making him trust Cat.
But... but... but... Cat knows the truth!

This sounds crazy. It might make sense at some levels, but it still sounds crazy.
evil

It would fit with the other crazy things this crazy Cat woman has done.
CLARK: That's what I was thinking.

I think the doctors in the ER would have noticed rock in his leg.

And we still do not know what is on his leg. Hmm, I am guessing there might be some Kryptonite there still.
He said it was a rash. Maybe he has a staph infection?

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Good he did not give her last name. Otherwise all the work to protect his identity would have ended up wasted.
Because there are at least 2 other "Loises" in the Metropolian city limits?
Hopefully. "Lois Lane" might not be a unique name, but people would be more likely to figure out it was the reporter, and figure the guy here was Clark Kent.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark is going to the press conference. It will allow him and Lois to talk privately.
Surrounded by all those other reporters?
I figured they would have some alone time on the way there or the way back.

Of course it might not matter if Luthor has spies in the newsroom.
LEX: Kent is dead. Why would I have spies looking for him?
I was thinking he might want to still keep tabs on Lois' actions.

Yes, but not as much as you Clark. Anyway, since you are Superman, don't worry.
CLARK: eek She loves this Superman guy? Wait. What? clap
I am glad you liked this idea.

It seems like neither never does when asked to.
He tried to "stay".
Good point. And I guess he did stay for a given value of staying.

I think the doctors in the ER would have noticed rock in his leg.
At first I was thinking the whole bracelet might still be there, but I decided the doctors would have almsot certainly removed that along with his clothes.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I figured they would have some alone time on the way there or the way back.
Possibly. But they had time alone in the car from the hospital to the DP as well.

I was thinking he might want to still keep tabs on Lois' actions.
LEX: For what purposes? Do you suspect that she might be cheating on me with yet *another* man?

Clark, she loves you more so don't worry.
CLARK: Oh, phew. What? dizzy

How could she forget she sent her partner a note?
She's had quite the busy last few days, with very little sleep.

But is anyone else going to accept that explanation?
LOIS: Really, it is quite commonplace in correspondence between friends. Everyone jumps to suck silly conclusions without proof.

Clark:Why is everone trying to make my relationship with Lois into a sibbling relationship?
Oh, that would be canon Lois's fault.

At first I was thinking the whole bracelet might still be there, but I decided the doctors would have almsot certainly removed that along with his clothes.
It either fell off into the harbor, or stolen by someone on the docks who was there when he was rescued, or was removed with his other clothing and put into evidence at the hospital.

Or Lori the mermaid stole it after keeping Clark warm all night. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dr. McCorkle told Lois not to let Clark know that they were involved. Let him remember that on his own, or he might be offended by her assumption that he was in love with her when he had no memory of it.
So, best tell him they’re friends with benefits instead?

Maybe she could finally figure out who he really was at heart, by finding out who he was without any memories.
/points towards clone/

She could see the spark of recognition in his eyes. How much of the previous night did he recall? Deny. Deny. Deny.
clap
So, it’s “You’re going to marry me.” instead of “Will you marry me?”
CLARK: Lana! [Linked Image]

familiar means me, the Daily Planet, and his apartment,
Shouldn’t that be ‘her appartment’?

“Kent, I leave the decision up to you,” Henderson said. “Let me remind you that someone did try to kill you.”
CLARK: Yes, but I don’t remember telling Lois about my wife back home so she doesn’t have a reason to kill me.

Lois shot Henderson a scowl. She could win, and easily too, if she played dirty, but she cared more about Clark’s mental well-being than winning.
By telling him why she would rather not name their son ‘Baby’ even if it’s true?

That wasn’t to say, that if she thought she would lose, she wouldn’t pull out all the stops. The Clark she knew would never choose his safety with no memories over a little risk and a big payout.
clap

“If you can’t risk Mr. Doe here walking out on his own, why am I allowed to walk out on my own, or Inspector Henderson here?”
She could always plop herself into Clark’s lap?

“It’s hospital policy,” Camille said.
Is each new nurse incrementally more bitchier than the previous one?

If you don’t think Mr. Doe here is well enough to make it out of the hospital on his own two feet, why is he being allowed to be discharged?” Lois went on.
Insurance only pays for one night?

“You’re the woman from Mr. Doe’s picture,” Camille said, not going down without a fight. “His sister, wasn’t it? His older sister.”
evil

She merely shook her head, her eyes wide.
evil

She looked skeptically at his donuts. “Real food?”
CLAKR: Yeah. Say, wanna grab a burger and fries?

“You know what sounds really good? Chocolate!”
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois stepped up to him and took hold of his shoulders. “Now, Clark, look at me.”
hyper She’s going to smack him silly!

“Ugh!” Lois groaned, and then confessed, “We’re full partners. Nobody works for anybody. Although, I do think for the immediate future, you should follow my lead.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Let's squeeze one more before I get back to writing.
So, best tell him they’re friends with benefits instead?
CLARK: Friends with benefits? Is that where you clean my house?

/points towards clone/
No, no. That one was tainted by Lex.

So, how long will Clark be kept believing it was all a dream?
cool No comment.

So, “Hi, madam” is out?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

HENDERSON: <<suspects that Lois caught him with unbeknownst feminine wiles>>
LOIS: "Unbeknownst"?

So, it’s “You’re going to marry me.” instead of “Will you marry me?”
CLARK: Lana!
LOIS: Who?

Shouldn’t that be ‘her apartment’?
LOIS: [Linked Image] No, we've spent more time together at his apartment.

CLARK: Yes, but I don’t remember telling Lois about my wife back home so she doesn’t have a reason to kill me.
clap

By telling him why she would rather not name their son ‘Baby’ even if it’s true?
It's true she'd want to name their son "baby"?

So, sex in the hospital room?
LOIS: evil Only I know and I'm not talking.

And if he isn’t welling, they have Lou over there. He’s quite crafty with the baseball bat.
huh I have no idea what this is?

Hit on girls with Ralph and Wally. I’m sure he’d make an adorable wingman. The girls would notice him and Ralph and Wally could comfort them when they learn that the cute guy is their slightly retarded but very gay brother.
laugh

CLARK: Really? That doesn't seem very nice. <<shrugs>> Well, the doc said do familiar things.

CAT: Me! ME! I'm first! I'm a familiar thing!

Her boyfriend.
Big, strong, jealous type. Likes blue.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of response to Michael's - FDK

Plus, he’s got that little tattoo in just below his belly button, reading ‘Property of Lois Lane’ followed by some weird coordinate-like letters and digits.
LOIS: He also has one on the back... I mean, I have no idea what you're talking about.

CLARK: Yeah. Say, wanna grab a burger and fries?
LOIS: Only if we get a chocolate milkshake made with real chocolate ice cream to go with it.

LOIS: <<no longer blind>>
LOIS: Clark, you're so not wrong anymore!

She’s going to smack him silly!
CLARK: Okay.

LOIS: It was Chlamydia.
clap

Turnabout’s fair play. So, will he behave better than her? After all, he’s not even housebroken yet.
TEA! It was TEA. Geeze. Personally, I think she's got him very well trained.

“Her chest”
laugh

CLARK: [Linked Image]

So, Lex put out a reward for finding Clark?
Lex is retracting first quarter bonuses.

Can Cat please help Ralph with uummm… remembering that he’s got man parts? In a very painful way?
Yes, well, Lois has already done that in this fic, so that joke would get old after a while, so no.

Well, either ‘No, thank you’ or ‘yes’.
Hey! He sounds like canon Clark, only he doesn't know "no, thank you."

CLARK: Hot water bottle. It’s a euphemism for umm…warming the lower part of my torso from the inside out.
CLARK: Her name was Meena.

My words exactly. He shouldn’t have dumped her. She’s always been a bit unstable and they never found Barney after that one night…
CAT: You guys. Always pussy-footing around. When there's work to be done, just do it and hope for the best!

Umm… Cat…?
Cat on a cool gravel roof?

He must be getting better. He’s already smartening up again.
So, his lunkheaded tendencies are from his nurturing, not his nature?

KENTS: I only told him about dissecting frogs once or twice a week.

Or was it taking advice from time-traveling strangers?

HERB: Well, it was fatal in my dimension. Why wouldn't it be so here?

Duh! I thought that the whole time in the hospital.
Yes, but a vitamin D regimen usually isn't on the prescription list at hospitals.

Why, it’s not like he’s going to wear any clothes up there, anyway.
CAT: Exactly.

No. She’s not galactically stupid.
LOIS: Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?
laugh

And we’re back to Forrest Gump again.
So, he's supposed to have figured it out from this crazy woman?

At the very least, he should *not* tell Lois that Cat was at his pants.
Gossip Columnist found floating in Hob's Bay with fur-lined handcuffs and a black hood. Foul play is not suspected.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: Friends with benefits? Is that where you clean my house?
In a too-short French maid outfit.

quote: HENDERSON: <<suspects that Lois caught him with unbeknownst feminine wiles>>

LOIS: "Unbeknownst"?
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard