Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Part 82

Part 83

Cat slid into the chair next to Lois as the conference room filled with reporters. “Where’s Clark? I need to speak with him.”

“Out,” Lois replied vaguely.

“Out? We have an ‘all hands on deck’ meeting and he’s ‘out’?” Cat retorted, but then her tone softened. “Yeah, well, okay, but could you tell him that I need to talk to him?”

Lois was kind surprised that Cat backed down off Clark’s case so quickly. It raised her curiosity, mainly because she herself had always hated it when Clark disappeared at the drop of a hat. Did Cat just accept this weird personality trait, no questions asked? On the other hand, did Cat know where Clark went to when he ran his inconvenient errands? Lois was happy to be the one in the know this time. “He’s kind of busy right now.”

“Who are you? His social secretary,” Cat snapped. “Just tell him that his best friend needs to talk to him, okay? Urgently.”

I’m his best friend,” Lois returned.

Cat rolled her eyes. “We both know exactly what you are to Clark. He’s my best friend, and I’m his, so just deal already,” she hissed, and then moved down to the far end of the table.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” What had Clark told Cat about their relationship? They weren’t supposed to be talking to anyone at work about it yet. Actually, she hadn’t mentioned how serious she and Clark had become to anyone; not that she had anyone she would share such news with, other than Lucy, and they’d been playing phone tag all month. She didn't want to leave such a message on an answering machine to haunt her later on, when Lucy played the tapes back. Had Clark talked to Cat about her?

Okay, that wasn’t true. Lois had told somebody. She had told Superman that she loved Clark.

Perry marched into the conference room and scattered these thoughts from the forefront of Lois’s mind. “Okay, people, I know it’s late, but this is the big one. I got us an extra half hour before we have to put this baby to press. Let’s make the most of it.” He looked around the room and focused in on Lois. “Lane! Where is Kent? Is he writing?”

“Um… No, I’m writing this one. Clark is out on a hot tip,” she replied.

He’s out on a hot tip, and you’re writing?” he spouted back, surprised. “Are you feeling well?”

“It was his source and his tip. He should be back any minute now. I know he doesn’t want to miss the deadline,” Lois retorted.

“Why aren’t you out there with him?” he argued.

“Because someone has to write up the story,” she said defensively. She hated that everyone had started treating her like a pushover since she and Clark had hooked up. She looked down at her notes, trying not to give away what their hot tip might be, or how hot it really was. “Anyway, I’m leaving to interview Superman when he gets back.”

Cat scoffed down at the end of the table. “Yeah, right.”

Lois shot Cat a glare. What? Did her co-workers think Lois couldn’t even score Superman exclusives anymore, now that she was officially dating Clark? What was up with everyone? She was the same hard-nosed reporter, she’d always been. Wasn’t she?

“Okay, well then, get writing,” Perry said, sending her out of the room.

Lois felt like she was heading to her desk with her tail between her legs. Some Mad Dog she turned out to be.

It was much later than Clark expected before he was able to call the Planet and let Lois know that the meeting was over. Mostly the meeting went long because Superman had so many questions. He had been blindsided at that afternoon’s press conference, and he hadn’t liked that feeling one bit.

Back in 1994 in his dimension, no “Nightfall” or any other kind of asteroid had hit, or had come close to hitting Earth. He couldn’t believe that something that independent of Earth’s history would have changed between universes. If the universe had sent an asteroid hurtling towards Earth in this dimension, why hadn’t it in his dimension? He couldn’t believe that the two dimensions that shared a history up until almost a hundred and fifty years ago would diverge so drastically on Earth due to something happening far off in space. No, whatever broke off his dimension from this one, or this one from his, or even both of them from a third dimension, back in the 1850s must have occurred in Earth’s history. Otherwise, why would the two dimensions have different histories starting at that point?

If fate had sent an asteroid seventeen miles across, traveling at close to thirty thousand miles an hour, to this universe, then it must have also done so in his dimension. So, why hadn’t he heard anything about it? Only one answer came to mind: Superman. This dimension had one at this point and time, and his hadn’t.

His dimension’s military must have shot the asteroid with something like the Asgard rocket, which General Zeitlin had mentioned was their back-up plan should Superman fail. If the military had shot such a rocket into space, knocking the asteroid off course or obliterating it, it was very probable that the government had kept news of this feat very need-to-know. As Joe Regular, member of the press, Clark Kent hadn’t needed to know.

During the course of their discussions, Secretary Cosgrove had mentioned off-hand that the safety of Space Station Prometheus and its colonists was one of the underlying reasons for approaching Superman for this task instead using the rocket. One of their concerns was that if either Superman or the Asgard rocket blew the asteroid to bits the resulting meteor shower could destroy the fragile space station. Meteors, which would burn up or be reduced to harmless in size by traveling into the Earth's mesosphere, would be like cannonballs fired at the defenseless station. If Superman exploded the asteroid, he could then make sure that the remaining meteors created would be burned up by his heat vision or blown off course using his breath.

In his dimension, there was no EPRAD space program, only NASA, and they weren’t anywhere near the point of sending a transport full of colonists up into space to live on a space station. Therefore, the concern for the lives of the colonists was a moot point, as there weren’t any to be concerned about.

Angry that they gave him less than four days’ notice before impact and less than twelve hours warning before his ‘mission’, Superman had insisted that they inform him regarding their first knowledge of Nightfall and that such a collision was imminent. General Zeitlin notified him that nine months earlier there had been a discussion, within a very select group, to scrap or delay the Prometheus program in order to send the Asgard rocket into space to deal with the Nightfall asteroid.

Something familiar tickled Clark’s memory about this, but it wasn’t solid enough of a connection for him to grasp hold, and faded away.

This idea, to exchange the Prometheus program for a defensive plan against the asteroid, had been voted down due to two reasons, General Zeitlin went on. Firstly, it was thought that the Asgard rocket might not have been able to reach the Nightfall asteroid, and secondly, initial calculations had shown, at that time, that there was a larger than fifty percent chance that the asteroid would miss Earth.

When Professor Daitch had reexamined those calculations this morning after the eclipse, the percentage had dropped to under ten that the asteroid would miss Earth completely.

Clark was so outraged with the government of his dimension for covering up the existence of the Nightfall asteroid from the general public that he made sure that Cosgrove, Zeitlin, and Daitch knew that the people of Earth should be informed. All gave him reassurances, speaking even for President Garner, that his mission would not be a secret one.

It was from his apartment, that Clark had finally called Lois at the office, informing her that Superman would meet her on the roof of the Daily Planet for their interview.

“The paper’s been put to bed. Perry held the Page One as long as he could, and even pushed it back an hour,” Lois said.

“I’m sorry. The meeting ran longer than expected. Tell Perry I’ll have something on his desk before he arrives in the morning,” Clark replied.

“Do you want to meet up afterwards and have that dinner?” she asked. “I know it’s late, but…”

“I’m beat, Lois. I’m going write up that story and then crash. I expect tomorrow’s going to be a long day,” he said, closing his eyes, frustrated at yet another delay.

Clark wanted nothing more than to tell Lois the truth, explain to her what he, Superman he, had to do for mankind, and sleep the night away in her arms. Unfortunately, telling her on the cusp of such a mission, and then leaving, was cruel. He really did need his rest before flying a million miles to be a Kryptonian bomb, instead of spending the night answering Lois’s million and one questions. Additionally, after he told her the truth, if on the off-chance that she would let him sleep over, she would be satisfied with neither letting him just sleep in her arms or the explanation he would have to give why they wouldn’t be able to do more.

“Why? What’s happening tomorrow? What did they say at the meeting?” Lois probed, as he knew she would.

“I’ll let Superman tell you,” he said. “Good night, Lois.”

“Hey! What about breakfast tomorrow? I really feel like I should make up for this morning,” she suggested.

“That sounds great. I’ll swing by early,” he said. “I really am sorry about this, Lois, please remember that. I love you.”

“Thanks. Me too, Clark. I’ll see you then,” she replied, sounding rushed. She hung up, and he knew it was because someone could overhear, not because her feelings had changed.

“Don’t go,” Lois told Superman.

He had just finished telling her about his meeting at EPRAD, about how Nightfall wasn’t just any old huge asteroid, but coming straight at Earth. They had met on the roof of the Daily Planet a few minutes before, but he had flown her back to her apartment because he had noticed she was shivering in the cold night’s air.

“I have to go, Lois,” Superman replied.

Lois took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, trying to control her anxiety. “It’s going to miss.”

His eyes widened slightly. “How do you know this?”

She wrung her hands together and started to pace, knowing that what she was going to say would be hard for him to swallow. “I just know,” she finally said.

Superman appeared unconvinced. “Lois, this is a matter of imminent world security. If you have a source who has information, which the experts at EPRAD don’t, this is not the time to hold back. Who told you that Nightfall would miss Earth?”

Her lips pressed together, knowing he wouldn’t believe her. She didn’t believe it herself. She had no idea if Clark had told Superman about her visions, dreams, and hunches but even so, they weren’t wholly reliable. “Nobody did. I just know.”

He rested his hand on her arm, and she stopped moving to look at him.

“Tell me more,” he requested.

Superman believed her! Her heart raced. Clark was right. Superman still cared for her. His trust in her was like a warm blanket on this cold night.

“I don’t know if Clark has told you, but I’m kind of psychic,” she murmured. It wasn’t something that she was altogether comfortable with admitting and, frankly, talking with anyone other than Clark about this scared the hell out of her. She didn’t want anyone, especially Superman, to think she was crazy.

One of the dreams she had last night was about being dragged through the bullpen at work, kicking and screaming, wrapped up in a straitjacket. It had felt so real. She could smell the perspiration of the men who took her. She could hear the fear in her co-workers’ whispers. The overhead florescent light burned into her eyes those few times she had gone horizontal in attempting to break free. She could taste the bitter iron of blood, despite her mouth being dry and acidic. She had felt scared several times in her life, but this nightmare had terrorized her in a way nothing ever had. She had woken up from it in a cold sweat, and the darkness and unfamiliarity of the room at the Lexor caused an extra wave of panic to set in. She had picked up her mobile phone from the bedside table and almost phoned Clark to hear his calming voice. Instead, she had forced herself to lie back down, mobile phone cradled against her chest, to get some sleep. She wasn’t a little kid anymore, after all; she didn’t need someone bigger and stronger than her to help her calm her fears.

“Go on,” Superman said, his voice full of support, which reminded her of why she had fallen so quickly and deeply for him.

“I just know that if you go tomorrow, horrible things will happen,” she said, her voice sounding more pathetic and alarmed than she wished.

“What type of horrible things?” he said, asking the one thing she had hoped he wouldn’t.

Lois shook her head. “I don’t know. From the moment I heard the name ‘Nightfall’ this feeling of dread, hopelessness, and fear came over me,” she tried to explain. The acute fear she had felt was entirely for Clark. If Superman went after the asteroid, something bad would happen to Clark. Just thinking about it made her shiver.

Superman set a calm hand on her cheek. “Lois, how do you know it’s going to miss?”

This was where things got fuzzy. How could she get Superman to believe her, if the reasoning behind her logic was less than sure, even if she was sure of herself? She would have to word it such a way, where she left the doubtful stuff on the floor.

“A few months ago, when the City Attorney was trying to kick you out of Metropolis, I had a nightmare. It was so clear that it was almost as if I had lived this dream in reality, and the memory of it was trying to push itself to the forefront of my mind,” she began, stepping away from Superman’s reassuring hand upon her cheek, and allowing it to fall back to his side, as she started to pace. “Try as I might, I haven’t been able to forget a single detail of it.”

Lois couldn’t look Superman in the eye while she retold this dream, because although most of it had come true, in some sense, it was as if all the details were wrong. Her co-workers had been sprayed by a drug, which made them go crazy in love with her, but not as it had in the dream. Thank God! She had checked into the Lexor honeymoon suite, but with Clark, not Jimbo.

“In part of the dream, I had checked into the Lexor Hotel, just as Clark and I had,” she went on. “But when I stepped into the honeymoon suite it was as if I had been pulled forward in time, because I was suddenly in front of the bank of television sets in the newsroom. They were counting down to something momentous. I could tell everyone was on the edge. When they reached zero, nothing happened. Perry turned to me and said, ‘It didn’t hit’.” She stopped pacing and faced Superman. “See, it will miss.”

The expression on Superman’s face personified sorrow. “Mr. White wasn’t more specific?” he asked.

Superman didn’t believe her!

“It’s true. I swear to you, Superman. You have to believe me. No, Nightfall wasn’t mentioned by name…” she began pleading her case, before he took hold of her shoulders as if in preparation to pull her into his arms to comfort her, only he stopped himself at the last second, causing her to jerk.

“I believe you, Lois,” Superman insisted.

She wanted to lay her head on his chest, but he was still holding her with stiff arms away from him, so she merely murmured, “Thank you.”

His locked elbows relaxed and she fell against his chest, his arms wrapping around her. “But I still have to go,” he said.

What?” she gasped, stepping back out of his embrace. “Why?”

“Because I said I would.”

Tears ran down her face. “But… but… it won’t hit!”

“You are asking me to tell the world that I will not help it, after promising that I would,” he said softly. “I cannot leave the people of Earth in a lurch, because of your dream, Lois. I’m sorry. I cannot have everyone believe that I’m unreliable, that I would leave Earth unprotected and defenseless, and that I would take away this last beacon of hope, when I’m able to help. Otherwise, I end up being the very man that Jason Trask feared I would be.”

“You can’t go!” she insisted. “Because if you do… Clark…” will be hurt. She didn’t know if this was true. It was more of a hunch, but still… it was one of her hunches.

“Clark?” Superman echoed, his voice sounded hollow.

“If you go into space,” Lois said, her voice rasping through her tears. She wiped her nose with the back of her hand. “Something will happen to Clark.”

Superman’s face fell. It had frozen when she had mentioned Clark’s name, but now it drooped with his shoulders, as if her words had placed an extra weight upon them. “I wish I could do as you ask, Lois. Tell me how to tell the people of Earth that I won’t help them, in order to save one man, and I will.”

“But… It won’t hit!” she repeated.

“Based on your dream,” he reminded her. “This is the same psychic ability that you denied having when I asked how you knew I’m Superman, isn’t it?”

“It was new then, but now, I’m used to it. I know when it will be right, and when it will be wrong,” Lois said, and then bit her tongue. Crap!

“Wrong?” His eyebrows, which had been furrowed, rose up his forehead. “Then let us hope that this time you’re wrong that something will happen to Clark. I made this promise to help, and I will have to follow through with it. I cannot go back on my word, Lois. Surely, you can understand that.”

“I do,” she admitted. She knew it would be a long shot for Superman even to believe her, but to change that stubborn mind of his was a next to impossible task. “I just don’t want anything to happen to Clark. I love him.”

His expression softened and Superman pulled her into his embrace. “I know you do,” he murmured as he kissed the top of her head. “And I hope, for your sake, that nothing does happen to him.”

It was late when Clark landed on the back porch of the Kents’ house. Thankfully, he could still hear the television on and knew they were still up. He spun into his Clark clothes before knocking softly on the door.

Martha turned on the light as she entered the kitchen and, seeing his face at the door, her face brightened. It was almost like having his mother back again.

“Jerome, this is a surprise,” she said, opening the door and letting him inside. “We weren’t expecting you. Not that you ever need to call ahead. I know your life is a busy one.” She led him into the living room where Jonathan was watching the late evening news.

Jonathan clicked off the television. “Hi, Jerome, what brings you out our way?” he asked.

Clark sat down on the sofa between Martha and Jonathan’s wheelchair and set his forearms on his knees. “I’m sure they mentioned about Nightfall on the evening news.”

They both nodded.

“It’s headed for Earth. It may, or may not, strike the planet, and I’ve… well, Superman has been asked to fly into space tomorrow as fast as I can and try to blow it up,” he explained.

His conversation with Lois still weighed heavily on his mind. What if she was right? What if Nightfall was only expected to strike, but didn’t? What if he was being sent on a fool’s errand? What if she was right and because he went on this mission, something happened to him, and therefore to her boyfriend Clark? It was to that purpose he had come to Smallville. He had planned to stop by anyway, but he hadn’t had doubts about being able to accomplish this mission until he had talked with Lois.

Martha set a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “Then we’re very lucky to have you here.”

Clark raised his gaze to hers and smiled. “Thank you.”

“May or may not?” Jonathan asked. “Don’t they know for sure?”

“EPRAD has given Nightfall a less than ten percent chance of missing Earth,” he explained, leaving out about Lois’s visions.

“Ah,” Jonathan said, with a nod.

Clark swallowed. “I’m hopeful regarding the success of this mission, but in case I’m not…” he said, pulling a pile of letters out of his jacket pocket. “Would you please send these?”

Martha took the letters, glancing down at the top one. “Who is Father Carlos at the Catholic Orphanage in Aldeola, Brazil?” she asked.

“The Jaguar,” Clark replied softly.

Martha’s eyes widened. Hearing a slight gasp from Jonathan, he turned to look at him.

“Is he really…?” Jonathan coughed.

“I think so, but Carlos has his doubts. I have asked him to look in on Lois, if something were to happen to me,” he said. And vice versa. He had explained everything to Lois in the letter addressed to her, everything about how he was Superman, how he came from another dimension to search for her, and about finding her true Clark in the Brazilian rainforest.

“He’s a priest?” Martha asked. “Is that why you suddenly decided to move forward with your relationship with Lois, after telling us it would never happen after that trouble you two had with the perfume?”

Clark nodded, although that wasn’t the full story. When Lois had finally said ‘I love you’, he found he was unable to tell her ‘no’, yet again… well, at least, as it pertained to their relationship. “Well, that, and knowing that Lois returns my love. It’s hard to willingly give her over to a stranger, even if she should be rightfully his.”

Martha grinned. “I’m so happy for you,” she said, setting the pile of letters on the coffee table, where they promptly slipped off. She picked them up off the floor, pausing as she held up a thick one. “Clark Jerome Kent, are you flying off on a dangerous mission without first telling Lois who you are?”

“Er…” he started sheepishly.

“She loves you, son?” Jonathan asked.

Clark nodded. “And I love her.”

Martha shot him a scolding expression. “This is no way to tell her. Last weekend while you were here for dinner, you mentioned how frustrated you were that you had been once more forced to delay sharing your secret with her, and now you’re doing it again.”

Clark stood up and started pacing. “Do you think telling her just a few short hours before I’m to fly up into space is an even better idea? Drop this news in her lap and then disappear on her? She has already told Superman that she doesn’t want me to go,” he said.

“It would be better than this!” Martha retorted, throwing the letter at him. “How would you like it if you were to find out that Lois was pregnant with your child from a big thick letter such as this, after she went on assignment and never returned?”

He winced from that slap in the face, which felt doubly sharp. “I’m coming back,” he reassured them. “I can do this mission. These letters are just in case. I’ll tell her the truth about Superman when I return. I want us to have time to discuss it and for me to tell her everything. I don’t want to tell her, and then leave her stewing without any answers.” He stopped in front of the burning fireplace and looked at the photo they had placed there of the three of them from Thanksgiving. He took a deep breath and exhaled. “Anyway, Lois will never become pregnant with my child,” he confessed. “We cannot… can’t…” He closed his eyes, unable to say more.

Clark remembered when Lana had told him how she never wanted to have children. She had been so happy that because of his unique origins that they needn’t worry about that possibility. It had been as if a part of his soul had died. He had tried to bring up the topic of adoption or foster children, but Lana had just given him that look, and he knew that the topic was closed. When Wells had told him that in his dimension that Superman was known as the “father” of Utopia due to his and his Lois’s descendants, Clark felt like that part of his soul had burst with renewed hope. He could be a father. Now, that possibility had been taken from him again.

Even if he and Lois could somehow forge an intimate relationship without actually making love, who was to say that artificial insemination wouldn’t activate the curse and kill her. No, Clark wouldn’t chance it. Lois was too precious.

“Jerome?” Jonathan asked, wheeling his chair over to him. “What’s wrong?”

Clark shook his head, waving it away as if it were nothing. He shouldn’t have said anything. He saw Martha and Jonathan exchange a look.

“Not being able to have children isn’t the end of the world, Jerome,” Jonathan said. “Who knows, maybe a baby will fall out of the sky for you and Lois.”

Clark patted Jonathan’s shoulder with brief nod. He would let them continue to think that was to what he had been referring. He didn’t want them to know how abnormal his and Lois’s relationship would be, if she decided to stay with him once he told her the whole truth: that they could never make love.

He was still hopeful that Herb would come back any day now with a solution, but to be honest with himself, he had more faith in this trip into space, even with Lois’s premonition, than he had in Herb returning with cure to this curse.

Lois and Clark pushed through the crowds outside of EPRAD, thankful that their press badges allowed them passage.

“Come on,” she said to him as he paused at the entrance to the press entrance. “Partner.”

“There doesn’t need to be two of us, covering Superman’s departure, Lois, and you know it,” Clark replied, once again giving her the exclusive. “I’m going to stay down here and get the pulse of the crowd. I’ll meet up with you at the end of the day, okay?”

Lois held tighter onto his hand. “I’d feel better if we weren’t separated, Clark,” she said. She had told him that morning over coffee about her conversation with Superman. Well, the parts that didn’t pertain to Clark in particular.

His hand brushed her cheek in a caress. “You go say ‘good luck’ to Superman, Lois. I’d rather not be there for that,” he admitted.

She stared at Clark, and she knew what he must have been thinking. He was thinking that her hunch meant that this wasn’t ‘good luck’ but ‘goodbye’. “Buck up, Chuck,” she said with confidence she didn’t share. “He’ll be back. You’ll see.”

A genuine smile grew on his sad face, and he pressed a soft kiss to her lips. “Thank you, minha,” he whispered. “I love you.” The crowd pulled him back and out of her hand, and he disappeared.

Lois continued to search for half a minute, but she didn’t see him.

I’ll meet up with you at the end of the day, okay? He had said. She planned to hold him to that.

The crowd pressed her towards the fence and the guard. She held up her press pass and he let her through.

Up at the staging area for Superman’s departure, Lois waited on tenterhooks. Another guard let her pass the main press area. Apparently, Superman had given his final exclusive interview to her. So much for not having the world know how much he cared for her.

The scientists at EPRAD must have briefed Superman elsewhere, because he chose to walk through the press to the staging area.

Lois turned to face him, trying not to let him see how much she was shaking. “How do you feel?” she asked.

“This will work,” Superman reassured her.

“That’s a relief,” she replied, not feeling reassured. He seemed confident though. “Why are you so sure?”

“Because it has to,” he said, and she knew they were both thinking of Clark.

Lois nodded. “The power of positive thinking, huh?” If anyone could be harness that power, it would be Superman.

His nerves flashed across his face for a moment, and she could see his positive thinking trying to escape. He reined it in, returning his face to its usual serious demeanor a second later. “How are you feeling, Lois?” he asked.

“Scared enough for the both of us,” she replied honestly. Neither of them wanted her hunch to come true. Neither of them, not his best friend, or his girlfriend, wanted anything to happen to Clark.

Superman pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear and a hint of a smile appeared briefly on his lips. “I’ll be back. We’ll go flying,” he insisted.

“I hope so.”

He continued to stare into her eyes as if he was memorizing every detail about them. Finally, he sighed. “I have to go,” he said, repeating what he had told her the night before, and she wondered if he was trying to convince himself or her.

In that instant, Lois knew that he would much rather stay on Earth here with her, but he was Superman, the world’s hero, and he had to go. She had to let him go. She nodded with understanding. “Good luck.”

Superman turned to go, and for a split second, she was tempted to turn him back around and give him a kiss for luck.

Not just any kiss though.

A kiss Lois would feel down to her toes.

A kiss that she would dream about for months afterwards.

A kiss that would shatter the definition of the word kiss.

A kiss… like the ones she already shared with Clark.

The moment passed and Superman stepped away, returning her nod, and went for his final briefing.

Lois closed her eyes briefly in pain, wishing she had given Clark a proper kiss goodbye when they had separated down in the crowd. She wished she had told him that she loved him. She wished that Clark hadn’t kissed her, but rather that she had kissed him. She had a strange feeling that she had already lost him, and that kiss they shared had been one of ‘goodbye’.

When she opened her eyes again, Superman was standing in front of her. They had wired him with a communication link to EPRAD Control and strapped oxygen tanks to his chest. She remembered him telling her the night before that EPRAD had offered the tanks to him and, despite his insistence that they weren’t necessary, clearly, they had won that argument. He had told Lois that he didn’t need air tanks to breathe in space due to his Kryptonian genetics. Underwater was another story altogether. He had said that underwater, he was only able to hold his breath for roughly twenty minutes.

Lois had replied that even though that too was impressive, she would personally feel better about his chances if he carried the tanks, just in case.

Superman glanced over at Lois and smiled, bent his knees and took off into the air. At that moment, she knew he had accepted the air tanks to please her.

***End of Part 83***

Part 84

Please feel free to leave comments .

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/14/14 12:31 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.