Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Ah, their relationship develops. laugh

As always, comments are appreciated.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 12:40 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Instead, her thoughts had all been about Clark.
smile1 she is still in love with Clark.

She had dreamed she and Clark were walking through a field surrounded by trees. When they reached a fence, he had held her around her waist and floated them over the gate, floated them as if he were Superman.
Anotehr flashback, this one to before time broke.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. It was an intense kiss, such as the one she and Clark had shared on the bed the previous evening, the type of kiss that led somewhere. When she opened her eyes, they were at Superman’s palace in the clouds, lying together on a bed of cumulus mediocris.
I guess her flashbacks merge with actual dreams, which makes the whole thing even less believable.

Her logical side knew that Superman couldn’t possibly live in the clouds, or be Clark, but this was a dream after all.
Well she is right on one count.

Lois: What, Superman could live in the clouds? I guess, but it would be hard to have food there.

She went on to unbutton Clark’s shirt to find that he was wearing Superman’s suit underneath. See, total and complete dream.
If she only knew, if she only knew.

A pang of remorse hit her. She should have let Clark sleep with her,
Then neither of them would have slept at all.

Lois: I meant sleep, sleep, not what you are thinking of buster. I would not have done more than hold his wonderful chest close to me.

Lois had been wearing this long, pale pink negligee with a lot more class than the one Superman had found her in after she had woken up from her Revenge stupor. Clark’s soft hand had brushed the strap of her nightgown away and kissed down her neck to her…
She really does want Clark.

“I think that’s supposed to be Metropolis,” Clark said, reaching for the remote control that Perry had tossed onto the table. He rewound the video twenty seconds. “See here. That’s supposed to be Lex Tower, and…” He advanced it a few frames. “Here. That looks like the Daily Planet globe.”

They all squinted and leaned forward towards the television, trying to see what Clark saw.

“Now that you mention it…” Perry murmured, tilting his head. “Yeah, that does look like the Daily Planet. Good eye, there, Kent.”
Is Clark now implementing his special abilities plan?

Clark: No, no one ever notices if I see things that they miss. They figure I just have really special glasses, or something.

Cat looked at Clark. “Could Superman stop it? A tidal wave?”
Clark: I think Cat is coming close to violating the agreement.

Clark shrugged, scratching his ear. “I don’t know. I don’t think he’s ever encountered one before, at least that size, that I’m aware of,” he replied.
Clark: Hopefully that will keep Lois from thinking of the truth.

Lois: So you are lieing again Clark.

Clark: Everything I said was true. I do not know of Superman ever stopping a tidal wave.

Lois looked at Clark, and he nodded. “I’ll see if I can reach him today sometime,” he agreed vaguely.
Clark: Hmm, maybe one of these times I need to fail to reach him.

Lois: Why?

Clark: Otherwise people might start to wonder why I always succeed.

Lois: Why do you always succeed?

Clark: Look at the time. Let's go get lunch.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois glanced over to Clark with a perplexed expression, and saw him nodding. What? Clark knew about Perry’s secret governmental source?
How does Clark know about Sore Throat? Did Sore Throat exist in alt-world and Clark meet him there?

and she shivered, thinking back on it. Clark’s jacket,
hyper she is wearing more of Clark's clothes.

Clark set his hands on her shoulders and rubbed up and down her arms, trying to warm her up with friction.
hyper Clark is giving her more signs that he is inpervious to heat and cold.

Clark: No, I am just trying to soothe my favorite person.

Lois: What, Clark is a big guy. Guys are generally not affected by the cold.

“Does this help warm you up?” he asked.
Lois: It makes me hot in all sorts of ways.

Lois had better ideas on how to warm up, but Clark wasn’t able to go there.
hyper hyper hyper hyper he is going to tell her the truth.

Lois: Maybe a truth, but I doubt he will tell me all of it in one sitting.

he said, before turning his gaze to the sky. “But, you’re right, let’s finish up this investigation first. I’ll talk to Superman, and then meet you back at the suite.”
And there he goes lieing agian.

Clark: I talk to Superam a lot. At least in the air. When others are around it might be a bit odd.

She reached for Clark to give him a light goodbye kiss to reassure him that when she had said “split up”, she hadn’t meant “break up”, but he was already skipping backwards anxious to be off.
frown no kiss.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lex held out both his hands and approached Lois, saying, “Lois, my darling, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?” He took hold of her shoulders and kissed her cheek, a far warmer greeting than their non-relationship demanded.
Lois: If he was not so darn inportant, I might tell him to back off.

She brushed that fact aside with a glance over her shoulder at the closed door.
hyper she is uncomfortable alone with Luthor.

Lex broke into a smile. “Ah, well, I’d get rid of her if she wasn’t the finest assistant that I’ve ever had,” he said with a shrug. “She’s irreplaceable.”

At least, he didn’t discount what Lois had to say for once.
Actually, it still seems to be discounting her opinion in general.

“I called you last Friday,” Lex said, taking her arm and leading her to the sofa. “But your assistant…” He flipped his hand as if he couldn’t remember Jimmy’s name. “Kent… said that you were on vacation and unreachable.”
hyper she wants to be with Clark.

Had Lex called her only three days before Valentine’s Day to ask her out for the holiday and expected her not only to be free, but also to accept?
Lex just assumes everyone will fawn over him.

Moreover, now, did he expect her to drop everything to have dinner with him at a moment’s notice?
Luthor: Most women do. Who is Lois going to go with instead. Kent! Come on, pah-lease, there is no competition.

Yes, it was another one of his underhanded barbs, created to make her life seem either to revolve around Lex,
Well, if it didn't, she would not keep playing hard to get.

and had dumped it straight into the trash without reading the card.
clap she dumped the roses without reading.

Red roses still reminded her of Lex buying her services at the Metro Club. Had that been another bouquet from Lex?
He still wants her to remember he bought her. I am not sure why though. It seems a dumb move to me.

Pressing back her natural anger that erupted at such continued rudeness,
That Luthor clearly is.

“Would you? Would you really?” he asked, brandishing her with a patronizing smile. “No, I think not, my dear.”
Hopefully Lois will stop to wonder why Luthor is so sure of this.

Lois: That would requre me to think about Luthor. I would rather not. He is so annyoing, and rude, and condescending, and did I mention rude.

“I trust nobody, and never allow anyone to get away with anything.”
Then why did you let Luthor shot you and treat you as a prostitue?

Lex opened his mouth to speak, but before she knew if it would be a much-needed apology or a rebuttal,
Hmm, was he going to accuse her of not being objective about Superman? The other possibility, would be too much of exposing himself. Although, with how arrogant and confident of his immunity he is, he just might.

Clark! Lois swayed on her feet. No, not Clark.
dance Lois really does care about Clark.

“Although Mr. Kent was blown against the wall outside the door, he didn’t suffer any injuries.”
Clark needs to work on only getting bombed when in costume.

“Yes, sir,” Mrs. Cox replied with an air of innocence. “According to Mr. Fredericks, the general manager of the Lexor Hotel, Clark Kent and Lois Lane checked in as ‘Mr. and Mrs. Kent’ on Monday, Valentine’s Day.”
With anyone else this would be a signal to back off. With Luthor it is a signal to try harder to reach his goals.

“I was so worried,” she murmured.
Hopefully he sees how much she cares for him.

“I’m assuming Rourke,” he said softly. “When I was in the room earlier, before the firefighters arrived, to check how much we’d lost, I saw that Apocalypse Consulting had vacated their offices.”
So I guess Lois still dropped the tell-tale card across the way.

“That we’re not really married?” she asked. She would hate Superman to find out about her and Clark getting back together this way, and think they had actually run off and gotten married without informing him first.
Not that that would be possible.

Lois: What, so I am right that Superman has a special connection with Clark.

Reader: Well, yes, but not how you think.

“I wouldn’t want him to think that we lied to him,” Lois replied, knowing what Clark was thinking. He assumed that Lois was still in love with Superman,
This time she is probably 100% right about what he thinks.

still had hope for her and Superman, and there was a part of her which would always love him. Unfortunately, for Superman, he had lost his chance the moment she had fallen in love with Clark.
Now she just has to find a way to tell Clark this.

“Don’t make me kiss that doubt off your face, Chuck!” she scolded under her breath. “I’m minha, remember?”
Wait, did he tell her that detail? Or did she just admit to reembering what she claimed to have forgotten.

A hesitant sheepish smile returned, followed by a chuckle. “Sua,” he corrected.
Or should it be Tua. I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure that it should be the informal you possisve form in this case.

“Because I’m a lucky member of the MPD’s Bomb Squad, and Bill gets to handle the boring stuff like corporate espionage, robbery, and fraud.”
So they would both be involved in a case where Luthor bombed the planet to get the insurance money just after buying it.

“Undercover operation to spy on the offices across the street,” Clark ‘the Blabbermouth’ Kent said, nodding towards the windows.
Now Clark is a blabbermouth. That is a new development since for so long he was the backgroundless quiet guy.

“Hey, Lane!” one of the men called. “If you and Kent were just here on an undercover assignment, what were these lingerie items doing in the bedroom?”
What type of a question is that? It would be suspicious if they did not have such things.

“Actually, that’s only a prop we bought Lois before we checked in. The Lexor is a full service hotel, and we knew that the bellhop would unpack our bags after showing us to the room. We needed to have the appearance of a real honeymoon couple,”
That answer is 100% believable. Actually, failing to do so would have made them too easy to spot as out of place.

“Superman. It’s okay, Lois, I understand,” he replied. “You fell in love with him at first sight, he broke your heart, and there’s a large part of you, which will always love him. I’m okay with that, really I am. I knew as soon as you met him that I’d always come second in your affections.” He brushed a lock of hair off her face. “I’m just happy to be included in that exclusive list.”
Speak for yourself Clark, don't sell yourself short.

Clark: Waht's the point, it's not like I can really have her.

The doors opened and Lois murmured, too quietly for him to hear, “No, Clark, I bought it for you.” She stepped out and into the chaotic lobby.
party but Clark did hear it. Maybe he will finally realize she loves him as Clark most.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

So Lois is now basically committed to the relationship but they cannot consummate because of the curse. Herb is looking into what can be done to correct the timeline and you have added another question mark to the title line. Does that indicate that you are going to go over 100 posts on this?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice chapter. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi Virginia,

So Lois is now basically committed to the relationship but they cannot consummate because of the curse. Herb is looking into what can be done to correct the timeline and you have added another question mark to the title line. Does that indicate that you are going to go over 100 posts on this?
Well she has no said on multiple occasions that this will exceed 100 posts.

I also have to say that the way the bomb is dealt with here is more realistic than what we saw in the original episode.

I also like the whole two Hendersons thing.

I am hoping Luthor suffers in some way for his arrogant dismissal of Rourke's ability to disrupt things, but I doubt that will happen.

Still, I am glad that Lois is not attracted to Luthor.

John Pack Lambert
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Oooo- Lois is buying lingerie for Clark! I like it!
hyper

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Oooo- Lois is buying lingerie for Clark! I like it!
hyper

Joan
Clark: Everyone seems to really like torturing me. With the curse currently unbreakable that is all Lois actions are. Why couldn't she have done this before I knew about the curse? Oh, wait, no that would have been worse. I guess torture is better than a dead Lois.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Hi John! wave Thanks for all the yummy FDK.

she is still in love with Clark.
Um... this is a surprise?

Anotehr flashback, this one to before time broke.
2 points!

I guess her flashbacks merge with actual dreams, which makes the whole thing even less believable.
Much better ending than going to battle Tempus with green rocks, right?

Well she is right on one count.
evil

Clark: Hmm, maybe one of these times I need to fail to reach him.
But that would mean going 24 hours without looking in the mirror.

Lois: Why?

Clark: Otherwise people might start to wonder why I always succeed.

Lois: Why do you always succeed?

Clark: Look at the time. Let's go get lunch.
LOIS: <wryly> What? It's time for your date with destiny?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK -- (cont.)

How does Clark know about Sore Throat? Did Sore Throat exist in alt-world and Clark meet him there?
That's because he was working at the DP in alt-dimension for three + years, before coming to this dimension.

she is wearing more of Clark's clothes.
As she did in canon.

Clark is giving her more signs that he is inpervious to heat and cold.
Not any more than he did in canon.

Clark: No, I am just trying to soothe my favorite person.
That too.

Really? I've never heard this.

Lois: It makes me hot in all sorts of ways.
[Linked Image]

Hmm, maybe not the best choice of words.
It would have been fine if Clark had been listening with his brain instead of his heart.

Lois: No, you lunkhead, I mean we have to do different things.
CLARK: But that doesn't make sense. You mean you want to keep seeing me?

Lois: At least if they are people who really don't like him.
That too.

I guess it makes sense she does not get what he thinks she is saying.
LOIS: I'm speaking clearly. Why doesn't he understand?

Clark: Wanted yes. Well, ok, no but yes, it would be better.
Than her going to meet Lex without him. Yes.

Clark can't you see how much Lois loves you? I guess he has no clue what she has been thinking most of the day.
They are both blind in their own way.

Oh no, Lois has another crazy idea about him.
But it makes much more sense than the truth.

Hey, he drank pop back in Smallville. He is making progress. It is best not too push him too hard.
She doesn't remember this.

It has been a long time since we saw the Kents.
Yes, I realized this. They'll show up soon again for another cameo.

Nah, she made the right move. Otherwise both of her hands would hurt.
CLARK: Er... I'm just all muscle, Lois. Very solid.

LOIS: Uh-huh.

he is going to tell her the truth.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Lois: Maybe a truth, but I doubt he will tell me all of it in one sitting.
Not with two Jimmys alive in the dimension.

And there he goes lieing agian.

Clark: I talk to Superam a lot. At least in the air. When others are around it might be a bit odd.
Who is Superam? clap And why is Clark speaking to him? Just kidding.

<<pouty face>> no kiss.
Well, Superman was being paged by the Bat... er... "help" signal.

Lois: If he was not so darn inportant, I might tell him to back off.
If he weren't so darn important, she'd tell him stuff we couldn't print on the Gfic boards.

she is uncomfortable alone with Luthor.
Possibly.

Actually, it still seems to be discounting her opinion in general.
He did this in canon too. I don't understand she allowed him to treat her this way and nobody else.

he called Clark her "assistant". I guess at some level that might seem a way to build her up, but it also shows total ignorance of her relationship with him.
No, it's more of saying that Kent isn't important enough to get to know.

Lex is so bad, she gets less mad at Clark from being around him.
Comparisons. Good for the soul.

she wants to be with Clark.
Well, the pizza had been hot when they ordered it. [Linked Image]

Lex just assumes everyone will fawn over him.
Which is why Lois not doing so makes her more sexy.

Luthor: Most women do. Who is Lois going to go with instead. Kent! Come on, pah-lease, there is no competition.
Pretty much.

Well, if it didn't, she would not keep playing hard to get.
clap

she dumped the roses without reading.
LOIS: I guess it was rude, but I wasn't in the mood for remembering that night.

He still wants her to remember he bought her. I am not sure why though. It seems a dumb move to me.
LEX: Oh, please. That was months ago! She can't expect me to remember that.

Hopefully Lois will stop to wonder why Luthor is so sure of this.
Because Lex is?

Lois: That would requre me to think about Luthor. I would rather not. He is so annyoing, and rude, and condescending, and did I mention rude.
She doesn't think he could possbily be referring to himself.

Then why did you let Luthor shot you and treat you as a prostitue?
LOIS: He shot me by accident, and he "bought" me, not to have sex, but to rescue me. He was thinking of my best interest, just the application was wrong.

Hmm, was he going to accuse her of not being objective about Superman? The other possibility, would be too much of exposing himself. Although, with how arrogant and confident of his immunity he is, he just might.
Yes, I had this great argument planned between Lex and Lois where he confronts her on being soft on Superman, about how they really didn't know any more about him, than they knew when he first arrived, but... well, it seemed a bit out of character so it got dropped. Also, I didn't want Lois slapping Lex in this scene.

LOIS: And I SOooooo would have slapped him.

Lois really does care about Clark.
Well, he's her partner, the man she's been fantasizing about for over a month, and her best friend. <<not necessarily in that order>>

Clark needs to work on only getting bombed when in costume.
LOIS: How about he works on not getting bombed at all? Wait, costume?

With anyone else this would be a signal to back off. With Luthor it is a signal to try harder to reach his goals.
[Linked Image]

Hopefully he sees how much she cares for him.
How about the new saying: "Blind as the best friend of a Bat"?

So I guess Lois still dropped the tell-tale card across the way.
Nope, she picked it up, but in being distracted by all that kissing and back rubs, they forgot to take the videocamera out of the window by the tub. Should I clarify this? Or does the mystery work?

Not that that would be possible.

Lois: What, so I am right that Superman has a special connection with Clark.

Reader: Well, yes, but not how you think.
LOIS: So, Superman can read Clark's thoughts.

READER: clap Good Point. But he just spilled on their story, before it hit print.

What type of a question is that? It would be suspicious if they did not have such things.
That would be ribbing by the MPD.

That answer is 100% believable. Actually, failing to do so would have made them too easy to spot as out of place.
CLARK: Thanks. It's nice to know I'm getting better at this lying thing.

READER: wallbash

Speak for yourself Clark, don't sell yourself short.

Clark: Waht's the point, it's not like I can really have her.
Neither can Superman.

but Clark did hear it. Maybe he will finally realize she loves him as Clark most.
Possbily, but then he might have to turn in his Lunkhead membership card.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken: Thanks for delurking to say hi. wave

So Lois is now basically committed to the relationship but they cannot consummate because of the curse.
But she doesn't know about that part.

Herb is looking into what can be done to correct the timeline and you have added another question mark to the title line. Does that indicate that you are going to go over 100 posts on this?
I cannot see how I would finish this story before 100 parts, yes, as 85 are already completed.

Laura: Thanks. I'm glad you liked this. laugh

Joan: Thanks for the FDK. Oh, and evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well she has no said on multiple occasions that this will exceed 100 posts.
I have "no said"? confused I have said on multiple occasions (recently) that it WILL. That was also around the time I started calling it a soap opera. laugh

smile1 I really wasn't going to bring Det. Henderson back, but then I'd have to use Insp. Henderson, Sgt. Zymack, Det. Wolfe, oooh. I guess I haven't used... that female detective yet, I guess she could pop in.

I am hoping Luthor suffers in some way for his arrogant dismissal of Rourke's ability to disrupt things, but I doubt that will happen.
Delayed reaction?

Still, I am glad that Lois is not attracted to Luthor.
LOIS: Luthor = razz

Clark: Everyone seems to really like torturing me. With the curse currently unbreakable that is all Lois actions are. Why couldn't she have done this before I knew about the curse? Oh, wait, no that would have been worse. I guess torture is better than a dead Lois.
clap

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
she is still in love with Clark.
Um... this is a surprise?
No, I just wanted to be hyper happy about it. Although it is probably a surprise to him.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Really? I've never heard this.
OK, the wording was poor. What I was going for is in general men are more like the tempurature lower than women.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Lambert:
[qb] Well she has no said on multiple occasions that this will exceed 100 posts.
I have "no said"? confused I have said on multiple occasions (recently) that it WILL. That was also around the time I started calling it a soap opera. laugh
I mean to say "she has now said". I guess I need to proof read better. I meant "now".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
OK, the wording was poor. What I was going for is in general men are more like the tempurature lower than women.
Is this why women are generally referred to as "hot"? And here I thought my hubby was complimenting me. wink

I mean to say "she has now said". I guess I need to proof read better. I meant "now".
Regarding this statement I refer to you to my response to Ken's FDK for Part 20 of Matchmaker Chron. <<If it makes you feel better I'm constantly editing my posts to correct them.>>

VirginiaR.
---
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
I have just spent the last, uum, nine (or maybe ten?) days reading through Another Lois and then catching up through this one.

Just, wow. I'm addicted to this story. And poor Clark, guy just CAN'T catch a break!

"I like being surprised, as long as I know about it in advance." - Lois, Illusions of Grandeur
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mari-El: Wow! Thanks. Welcome to my little, tiny epic to break the archives (hopefully, not literally).

I have just spent the last, uum, nine (or maybe ten?) days reading through Another Lois and then catching up through this one.
[Linked Image]

Just, wow. I'm addicted to this story.
Thanks. Hence, it's new nickname "The Soap Opera" laugh

And poor Clark, guy just CAN'T catch a break!
evil

Thank you for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A hesitant sheepish smile returned, followed by a chuckle. “Sua,” he corrected.

Or should it be Tua. I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure that it should be the informal you possisve form in this case.
Both are correct. smile Here at the South we use Tua. But all the other States use Sua.

I find it wrong (sua is the possessive from the 3ª person!), but I live in the only State that speaks Portuguese as it's taught in the Grammar books. laugh All the other States speak "sua" because they use the pronoun "você" while we use "tu". So we have to bow and accept "sua" as correct. grumble I believe Portuguese courses teach "você" and its correspondent possessives as the norm because - although we speak the formal Portuguese - we are minority. grumble

Clark visited the North, so "sua" is appropriated. It's what he would hear there. I wrote a long post to Virginia about it with more Portuguese grammar than she would need to know. :p

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard