Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#92467 01/01/13 08:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I hope that helps clarify things. evil Hmmmm. Do you think that require a WHAM warning? Nah, that would have ruined the fun surprise.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 12:47 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Yes, action," she went on. "I feel like we needed an edge of our seat chase, where Superman rescues me from over a vat of boiling chemicals at the last second. Then he races into the sky to capture Miranda in her crop duster before she sprays her one hundred proof Revenge over the city. Unfortunately, when sucking up the potion, Superman gets infected and comes back down to Earth to drop to one knee to profess his undying love to me,” Lois said with sigh. “I, of course, knowing he was under the perfume’s spell would be the better person and not take advantage of him.”

Like hell! She would so kiss him, and thus ending their stalemate of affection. Their relationship would start up again as he flew her into the clouds and they lived happily ever after. It could have happened, she tried to convince herself with a dreamy sigh. As with all her daydreams about Superman, it was just another fantasy.
Another flashback. I'm wondering... What happened differently that changed Miranda's fate? help

I was re-reading some parts of Another Lois to refresh my memory and it got me wondering... Will Lois find the note she wrote in the past about saving Clark, researching Tempus and H. G. Wells helping her? There are so much timelines and resets that I don't know anymore... goofy It's amazing how you find new (and more logical) reasons for events that took place in canon. notworthy

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

Happy new year, everyone! And, if I'm allowed to write a few words in my language: Bonne année à tous!

I'm back at home after a few day with my family.

Still reading, still enjoying the story, specially all the little twists from canon...

Like Andreia, I love how Lois explains her need for a relaxing night at the honeymoon suite.

And Ralph tied to a chair in the storage closet: what a great idea! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark glanced sheepishly over at Lois.
Clark, come on. You tried the hardest to do the right thing. Maybe you could have done better, but it was hard to know what to do.

She was still wearing that negligee, but thankfully had covered it with his robe.
Clark: Which just makes it tougher at some level.

She had her hands wrapped around a cup of coffee, fixed just the way she liked it, from her favorite espresso place.
Clark: I just hope this makes her forgiveness of me a little faster.

At least, Lois was talking to him, but she hadn’t looked his direction since he’d described what had happened over the last two days. He hadn’t left out a single detail. He owed her that much.
grumble not only is she drugged, and would be so mad at me, but if I did her, she would die.

She had kicked the skirt towards him as well. While he had draped it over the back of the couch with her jacket, she had pulled off the camisole shirt, throwing it in his face.
Clark: This is so tough.

He could still recall her musky scent mixed with a light floral perfume, which permeated the shirt.
Lois: Clark, how did you resist.

Clark: Well, I knew you would accuse me of "taking advantage" if I did anything.

Clark had turned towards her to protest this behavior and noticed she only wore the negligee and high heels. His mouth had fallen open as he stared at her. His willpower was at nil; below nil actually, since he stepped towards her, wanting nothing more than to touch the goddess before him.
Lois: Clark, you were taking advantage of me.

Clark: You are so desirable.

Instead of being super sexy in those heels though, she had stumbled, and he had to use an ounce of super speed to catch her before she landed on the floor.
Now the question is, how well does she remember this incident.

Clark: I don't care. It saved me from givening in. That would have been horrible, on all sorts of levels.

That was when he realized that it had all been part of her plan, because she took advantage of his proximity to push him to the ground and sit on top of him.
Clark: Fortunantly my libido had been slowed a little.

As she started to kiss him, she had taken his hands and coasted them down her practically naked body.
Clark: Lois, I am sorry about that.

Lois: You could have pushed me off.

For one second, a millisecond, he succumbed and moaned with pent up desire. That was when he remembered that with each kiss he was leading closer to killing her.
Maybe it is good that Wells told him that. Just dealing with a drugged Lois might not have been enough to stop him, and Lois would be really amd.

Although, if he had told him he was SM, who knows what would have happened.

Clark had pushed against the floor and scampered backwards away from her. She had stared at him like a ferocious lioness, licking her chops, and crawled after him. He had been halted by the stairs to his front door, half frozen in terror, and half melted into a puddle of want. After she had grabbed his hips and tried to unzip his slacks, he had fled up the stairs and out the door.
I guess I see why he did this. I guess since Lois was being so suspicious about his initial reaction, she can't consistently get on his case for this.

Lois: Who ever said I needed to be consistent.

He knew it was too dangerous to remain in her presence any longer.
I have to say this was a wise decision. He was also wise to tell Lois about this, even if he wishes he could hide it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois buried her head into his throw pillow.
Lois: This is so embarrassing.

“Tell me again what you said when you left?” she mumbled, refusing to look at him.
I am unsure why she wants to hear this.

“‘If I stay, Lois, you’ll never forgive me, and I’ll never be able to forgive myself’,” he replied.
Hopefully Lois will see that he wanted her, loves her, but knows that he can't act on it.

He shook away the image of Lois crawling across the floor to him in that negligee and focused on making his voice stable.
Hopefully Lois realizes he loves her, and that is why he did what he did.

“Lois, please, let’s forget about last night, forget about the last two days, we need to find this Miranda. We need to find out what’s in this stuff, and how and why she’s using it. Come on, I need you.”
Lois: He needs me? I like the sound of that. Still, I have to be mad at him. He mad me humiliate myself, and even if I would be more mad if he had just given me love like I thought I wanted, I need to be mad at someone.

She glanced up at him with a startled expression, and he realized how his words must have sounded to her.
They sounded like an admission of desire.

“I need my partner back,” he clarified.
Lois: Well, I was here the whole time.

Lois continued to stare at him for a moment, before nodding. “Okay,” she agreed, standing up. She found her purse and keys on his coffee table. “I’m going home to get dressed. I’ll be back in an hour, and don’t even think about making me…” She made it as far as his stairs before realizing she was only wearing his robe over her negligee. “Um… uh…”
I love the changes from canon.

Clark took a deep breath and stood up. “You moved in with me, yesterday. So, you have a couple of changes of clothes here, not to mention your blue suit.
Clark: I hope she does not wear that one. It will just tease me the whole time.

Come on,” he said, entering his bedroom. “I’ll show you where.”

Reluctantly, she followed.
Lois: I hate depending on other people.

He pointed at his dresser and armoire. “Your toiletries have been put away in my medicine cabinet,” he reminded her, pointing towards his bathroom. “I’ll make breakfast.”
Clark: Well, she is less angry than I feared. Although maybe it is the calm before the storm.

Lois stepped between him and the archway to the kitchen, and set her hand on his chest in a way that he still sent waves of desire down to his toenails and back up through his hair. “Thank you, Clark,” she whispered. “Thank you for not taking advantage of me.”
Clark: smile1 hyper clap dance .

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark guiltily felt as if he had taken plenty advantage of Lois, especially since he knew that if Herb hadn’t interrupted them, he probably would still be crying over her cold, dead body at that very moment.
I still don't think Lois would have died.

“Any time,” he replied, his voice rough. “That’s what friends are for.”
Clark: This is going much better than I hoped.

Friends, the closest they could ever be, and the last thing he wanted to “just” be with Lois.
You really do like to torture Clark.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark pushed open the door to Miranda’s Perfumery, and Lois heard the tinkle of those annoying bells, announcing their arrival.
Lois: I can't wait to get my hands on that no-good Miranda. smile1 he admits she affects him.

“Look at this,” Clark said, pointing to the desk. “According to Miranda’s calendar, she had a meeting with Lex Luthor yesterday afternoon.”

“Hmmmm,” Lois replied, not wanting to let Clark know that she too found that interesting. “If you want, I can find out what happened at the meeting. I’m having dinner with Lex tonight. He finds me attractive.”
Now that really does not fit here. Clark has never denied finding her attractive.

Clark ignored her teasing remark, except to grind his teeth together. “Lois, that’s two women that Lex Luthor knew personally, who have shown up murdered,” he reminded her. “You should cancel your date.”
Not likely to work, ever. Even if the evidence was more conclusive.

“We’ll never know now, will we?” she responded, turning towards the front door.
That is really, really unfair.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Monday morning, despite her waiting on hold, Clark walked up to Lois and dropped a faxed copy of Miranda’s autopsy report on her desk. “Murder. That’ll be five bucks, please.”
I am still shocked Clark demanded the payment. Well, maybe it makes sense, but I think he would be better ofcv not pressing Lois so.

She snatched up the paper and quickly read it. “Evidence of multiple strangulation points and bruising consistent with an attack from another person,” she summarized, tossing the paper back at Clark. “But it also says that it was the rope, which killed her, not the hand-to-hand strangulation. Murder was inconclusive. You didn’t win.”
I guess I am not surprised Lois is not giving up easily.

“It shows that someone strangled her until she passed out and then put a noose around her neck and strung her up to die. That sounds like murder to me,” Clark retorted.
He has a point, but should probably just bow out.

Alcohol was found in her system. Perhaps someone from the bar attacked her and she just barely escaped. Depressed, she returns to her shop and hangs herself.”
I just hope Lois does not really believe this.

Lois picked it up. “Superman named Metropolis’s Most Eligible Bachelor? Please!” She shook her head. “Didn’t those idiots even speak with Superman? He’s ineligible because he doesn’t date. It would be like nominating the Pope or Mother Teresa.”
She does have a point.

Lois rolled her eyes. She was sure Superman didn’t care one way or another.
And Lois is wrong again.

“Yes, action," she went on. "I feel like we needed an edge of our seat chase, where Superman rescues me from over a vat of boiling chemicals at the last second. Then he races into the sky to capture Miranda in her crop duster before she sprays her one hundred proof Revenge over the city. Unfortunately, when sucking up the potion, Superman gets infected and comes back down to Earth to drop to one knee to profess his undying love to me,” Lois said with sigh. “I, of course, knowing he was under the perfume’s spell would be the better person and not take advantage of him.”
Hopefully Clark humors her in this line of thinking.

Like hell! She would so kiss him, and thus ending their stalemate of affection. Their relationship would start up again as he flew her into the clouds and they lived happily ever after. It could have happened, she tried to convince herself with a dreamy sigh. As with all her daydreams about Superman, it was just another fantasy.
Clark: I just hope I would not be affected, otherwise she might end up dieing.

“Uh-huh,” Clark replied skeptically. “You want Superman to profess his undying love to you on bended knee? This would be Pope Superman, the abstinent superhero?”
I like how Clark is so good at banter.

Lois shrugged innocently. “It would be a nice change from being the one always doing the mooning.”

Clark merely shook his head. Cat, on the other hand, was almost apoplectic with giggles. Big surprise.
It seems Lois is still very mad about the whole course of events. Clark needs to moon over her more.

Her partner grinned. “Has anybody missed him yet?”
Clark: smile1 I did one thing right.

“I haven’t!” Lois laughed. It was the first time she had laughed in days.
Clark: whinging

“Ah, yes, Miss Lane. Here it is. You and Mr. Kent are to check in this Friday, the eleventh, and check out next Wednesday, the sixteenth, is that not correct?”
Lois: Another man who does not listen to me.

I have to say that I like how for the first time being in the honeymoon suite fully makes sense.

Mr. Fredericks asked. “This twelve hundred a night charge includes three meals a day, the fully loaded bar in the suite, a bottle of our finest champagne every night, theatre tickets, a scenic tour of Metropolis, twelve dozen bouquets of red roses, a his and hers day at our full-service spa, and a complimentary gift basket.”
Maybe that is where the roses on Lois' desk came from.

but theatre tickets during a honeymoon?
Good point.

A tour of Metropolis? I’m from Metropolis! I could give a tour. Show me a honeymooning couple out on the town, and I’ll show you people who haven’t just gotten married.”
Clark: Plus, if we actually did get married, and we did want to tour something, we would do it in our own special private way.

Lois: How?

Clark: I don't feel up to telling you yet.

“Actually, Miss Lane, the theatre tickets and scenic tour are very popular with our out of town guests,” Mr. Fredericks explained.
Lois: Which is not me.

Figures! “Okay, can you then explain how, if a ‘gift’ basket is included in the cost, it is complimentary?”
whinging she is still really mad at him.

She had a whole night in the honeymoon suite by herself to remember how she and Clark had almost been in a perfect relationship full of love and affection.

Just what she needed.
You do like to torture your characters.

I guess it all makes sense what has happened between her and Clark, I just wish they would find a way to tell eachother how they really feel.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wonder how much torture you have in mind for them. Still with you. I hope things get ironed out soon. I can't imagine where this is going to end up.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Lois,” Perry said, approaching her posse. “You’re going to have to clear this first with Sgt. Zymak. He still considers all of us suspects in Miranda’s murder and has ordered us to stay in town.
I think this is a major inprovement over canon. This actually makes sense as a line, not the accusation she would go somewhere and try to bill without approval.

After that man realizes that, had you wanted to kill Miranda, you would have found a more creative way to do so than choking her, you’ll have to clear your trip with the budget office.”
Well, OK, maybe this sort of makes sense, I still prefer the first part.

Work first, pleasure later, the memory of Clark’s voice echoed through her head.

Makes Clarkie a very dull boy, she had responded in a baby doll voice and pouted lips.
Clark: I remember it to. I hope she eventually forgives me for then, but not yet. She said the words of thanks, but she is mad at me still.

Perry took the letter out of her hand. “Darlin’, this is for the honeymoon suite,” he announced with a sidelong glance at Clark.

Lois snatched the paper back before Clark could see his name on it.
shock his name is still on it.

“The honeymoon suite?” her partner sputtered in shock.
Clark: Was she really plotting a wedding. Is she still stuck with the hotel costs. I wish we could get married, but then she would die.

She was able to make it two steps before Clark blocked her path. In a soft voice he asked, “Are you checking in alone?”
Why oh why did he ask this?

“Honey, that reservation was for a Mr. and Mrs. Clark Kent,” Perry said, letting her know that he had noticed that one little detail.

There was a crash out in the newsroom.
Clark overheard that line.

Lois stood up, and together they watched as Clark picked up his now cracked automatic pencil sharpener from the floor. Perry shook his head and they returned to their seats.
This has to be really, really hard for Clark.

From a story point, this is much better than canon. The events of PML make sense as still overshadowing what is going on here, which they didn't really seem to do in canon.

I also am glad that Clark knows she is there as Mrs. Clark Kent.

I guess the fact that he was able to get her to smile and laugh, and that she did thank him for not taking advantage of her are good.

Still, Clark really and truly loves Lois, but she does not see it. They both feel for eachother, but are too afaid to open up.

I am surprised Clark has managed to go without telling anyone.

I am hoping he at least calls Lois at the Honeymoon Suite. I have to say from a story point of view it is good that they are working through the events with the pheremone. I am encoraged so far.

I do wish Clark had told her everything, but I am really, really glad he told what he did.

There is still hope for them.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am still really confused by why Clark asked Lois if she was going alone, and even a bit more by her response.

She seems mad at him, but torn between being amd at him and feeling that he has rejected her.

I hope he figures out how to show her he still loves and cares for her, but it will be an uphill battle, especially since it seems to him that there is little hope.

I actually have to say that I have more hope for their moving forward now then I did at the end of the last installment.

I am a bit shocked that Lois has not even tried to get Clark to tell her what he was about to tell her. However I guess between being sad that he seems to have rejected her, at least how she sees it, being embarrassed by everything that happened and wanting to move around the awkward events, she is not up to bringing it up.

I am trying to not get too much hope for things inproving in the next section. Still, since Clark told more than I really hoped he would in this section, and since he does know the reservation was for Mr. and Mrs. Clark Kent, I am feeling optimitic on the whole. I probably should not be, since this story has a lot more of a ways to go.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ultra Woman: Thanks for responding. laugh

Another flashback. I'm wondering... What happened differently that changed Miranda's fate?
Something as simple as Miranda had decided to bring her perfume sample with her to that first meeting with Lex.

In the original timeline Lex didn't kill her and in the altered timeline he didn't too. What changed now?
In canon Miranda survived. In "Another Lois" Lex had her killed in prision after discovering that her spraying of the newsroom had endangered Lois by having Ralph attack her, which made Lois adverse to progressing their (Lex and hers) intimate relationship.

I've always felt that Miranda had many options for how she might react to Lex's rejection.

I was re-reading some parts of Another Lois to refresh my memory and it got me wondering... Will Lois find the note she wrote in the past about saving Clark, researching Tempus and H. G. Wells helping her? There are so much timelines and resets that I don't know anymore...
She won't find the note, because it doesn't exist in this timeline. That possibility was erased with alt-Clark's arrival. Even if she could have found it, keep in mind the note didn't arrive into this timeline until March of 1995.

Hehe... Genius! <<applauding>> It explains Lois's unexplained "need" for a relaxing night at the honeymoon suite. <grinning> It's amazing how you find new (and more logical) reasons for events that took place in canon. <<loving it!>>
Um... Thank you. I like that scene too. blush I've considered taking out the scene and posting as a "stand alone" story for those people not reading this story. I find it a fun challenge to come up with reasons why characters might have acted why they had.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: Hi Sydney! Thanks for the FDK and letting me know you're still reading. smile1
Happy new year, everyone! And, if I'm allowed to write a few words in my language: Bonne année à tous!
Feel free, but I can't guarauntee you that we'd understand. [Linked Image]

Still reading, still enjoying the story, specially all the little twists from canon...
Thank you.

Like Andreia, I love how Lois explains her need for a relaxing night at the honeymoon suite.
blush Merci. I enjoyed writing that scene as well.

And Ralph tied to a chair in the storage closet: what a great idea!
It's a punishment, which keeps him out of the way without really harming him.

Thanks for popping by! wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the in-depth FDK! <<And for moving it over here>>

Clark, come on. You tried the hardest to do the right thing. Maybe you could have done better, but it was hard to know what to do.
Trying his best doesn't mean that Lois won't beat him over the head for it.

Clark: Which just makes it tougher at some level.
He's trying not to think of it, which you can see isn't working. It's kind of like saying "don't think of the pretty girl in the bikini" and even if you weren't thinking of her, you are now.

Clark: I just hope this makes her forgiveness of me a little faster.
Which is why he brought it.

I was so afraid he was going to try and pretend that touching her chest never happened.
He maybe being honest, but that doesn't necessarily make Lois feel any better about how she acted.

So does this include saying her agreed to tell her everything?
CLARK: [Linked Image] No, no! Just about what happened (to her and between us) during the last two days.

Well, at least she is not directly mad at him.

Clark: It feels just as bad.
Just because she hasn't said she feels mad, doesn't mean she isn't mad.

I am not sure that is even a fair description.
CLARK: She wasn't herself, and I did something she wouldn't have approved of (as far as he knew) had she been sober, hence "taking advantage."

Well, I guess she is angrier than I feared, although I guess it makes sense. She likes to deflect feelings at Clark.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

LOIS: I have no idea what you're talking about.

I just hope she believes him, eventually.
She believes him now, but it doesn't make her feel any better.

I really don't think the curse would apply here. I figure since he is a different soul it would not work.
CLARK: [Linked Image]But... but... Herb said...

OK, I figured he would not reveal that. I also doubt he is right that it will never comes up again.
He's not feeling very optimistic at the moment.

Clark: Would I make that detail up?
LOIS: You might have... imagined it.

CLARK: Trust me, Lois, I'll never forget it.

Oh, he was so close to telling her the truth. OK, I can see why he didn't bring that up. Lois is embarrased enough and mad enough, bringing up more is a scary thought.
Especially since it would have made her realize she had acted so wantonly with SUPERMAN!

Did Clark initially think this was a good development, since the suit covered more. Or does the suit not really cover more?
Because it seemed like she was acting more like her true self.

I think you have one too many hads there.
Ooops. Thanks. Fixed.

Lois: Well, I guess the fact that Clark resisted this gives him some credit. Still, I am so embarrassed.
Pretty much.

Now the question is, how well does she remember this incident.
She remembers everything that happened during the past 2 days, only to her, her behavior didn't seem out of the ordinary.

Maybe it is good that Wells told him that. Just dealing with a drugged Lois might not have been enough to stop him, and Lois would be really mad.

Although, if he had told him he was SM, who knows what would have happened.
That possibile future is now gone.

I guess I see why he did this. I guess since Lois was being so suspicious about his initial reaction, she can't consistently get on his case for this.

Lois: Who ever said I needed to be consistent.
clap

I have to say this was a wise decision. He was also wise to tell Lois about this, even if he wishes he could hide it.
See, he's learning.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In "Another Lois" Lex had her killed in prision after discovering that her spraying of the newsroom had endangered Lois by having Ralph attack her, which made Lois adverse to progressing their (Lex and hers) intimate relationship.
True. I had forgotten that. thumbsup

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Thanks for the FDK.

I wonder how much torture you have in mind for them.
A lot. It isn't too fun if everyone is happy and coming up roses.

CLARK: Roses, ugh.

LOIS: My thoughts exactly.

Still with you. I hope things get ironed out soon. I can't imagine where this is going to end up.
[Linked Image] It's going to end up at the beginning. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK -- Cont.

I am unsure why she wants to hear this.
Because what he had said might not have been as bad as she remembered it.

Hopefully Lois will see that he wanted her, loves her, but knows that he can't act on it.
Maybe it will sink in eventually.

They sounded like an admission of desire.
Maybe a little bit. laugh

I love the changes from canon.
They've moved their relationship forward a bit more, so that necessitated a larger change here.

Clark: I hope she does not wear that one. It will just tease me the whole time.
Actually, that IS the suit she wears.

Clark: She thanked me. I am still in shock.
It helps shows that she believes what he told her.

Reader: I am really in shock. Although this may mean Lois will be trying to seduce Clark sooner than he ever thought possible, creating its own problems. Still, <<very happy Reader>>
[Linked Image]

You really do like to torture Clark.
angel-devil

Lois: I can't wait to get my hands on that no-good Miranda.
It's probably best if she doesn't at the moment.

Lois: If I had just drugged the newsroom I would not be taking calls either.
Actually, I was kind of surprised in canon how cocky Miranda was during the perfume shop scene.

Probably saving money so she has resources for a lawsuit.
I don't think you can sue someone who is legally insane, (which Miranda was by the end of canon PML)

Clark: Lois, it is not your fault you were affected. It was because you were in the newsroom when it was spayed, and I was not. It says nothing about you.
She's not thinking that clearly yet.

That would have been so totally not Clark.
LOIS: [Linked Image]He's making it very hard not to still be in love with him.

It is so sad that in reality the only thing he is glad of is that she is not dead.
CLARK: I'm glad that she thanked me for not taking advantage of her, even though I did, despite telling to take advantage of her the next time she was inebriated and threw herself at me. I'm glad she's still talking to me.

I guess this will be ruled as a suicide with little problem.
cool

I guess it would be a bit hard to bring up that Wells was a time-traveler at this point.
Best not to mention it.

Well, he could pretend to be affected, just a little.
Does he need to?

he admits she affects him.
He could hardly deny it... oh, wait, canon Clark did.

Now that really does not fit here. Clark has never denied finding her attractive.
LOIS: Well, he didn't TRY to do anything with me. He kept pushing me away while I was kissing him. What am I supposed to think? That he's that nice of a man? Please! He's not Superman.

Not likely to work, ever. Even if the evidence was more conclusive.
So, he should just stop trying?

That is really, really unfair.
Probably. But who says that Lois plays fair?

LOIS: I'm hurting and humiliated and Clark isn't telling me that he still loves me and wishes that we were together. Misery loves company, and I'm miserable.

I am still shocked Clark demanded the payment. Well, maybe it makes sense, but I think he would be better of not pressing Lois so.
CLARK: Why not? It's what she would have done.

I guess I am not surprised Lois is not giving up easily.
LOIS: I'm sorry, what does this phrase "give up" mean?

He has a point, but should probably just bow out.
CLARK: So, I should be a pushover?

I just hope Lois does not really believe this.
She could just not want to lose the bet.

She does have a point.
LOIS: Of course, I'm right. I'm always right.

And Lois is wrong again.
LOIS: Ex-cuse me!

Hopefully Clark humors her in this line of thinking.
CLARK: Why not? I found it quite funny indeed.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK -- Cont.

I like how Clark is so good at banter.
Thank you. laugh

It seems Lois is still very mad about the whole course of events. Clark needs to moon over her more.
Right now, he's in a lamenting mood.

Clark: <<grinning>> I did one thing right.
LOIS: More than one thing, until you left your apartment, but I'm not going to admit that out loud.

Clark: But Lois, I do want you. I just know it can't work.
LOIS: But we haven't even TRIED yet.

Six nights? Wait, did she send out a request while under Revenge?
[Linked Image]

Lois: Another man who does not listen to me.
Another man who will do anything to get what he wants out of Lois. No surprise he works for Lex.

I have to say that I like how for the first time being in the honeymoon suite fully makes sense.
Thank you. laugh

Maybe that is where the roses on Lois' desk came from.
The hotel?

Clark: Plus, if we actually did get married, and we did want to tour something, we would do it in our own special private way.

LOIS: Then you'll be sure I won't be up to accepting your proposal.

Which is probably 15% or some other insanely high rate.
Probably being that Metropolis is a big city like NYC.

They really should cancel it since she was drugged when she made it.
Yes, they should, but then anyone could claim that they made reservations in error.

Of course that assumes they are popular enough that it was ever booked.
The honeymoon suite over Valentine's Day weekend? Yes, they could have re-booked and easily.

I hope this gets chalked up as another reason for Lois to dislike Luthor.
It's always possible.

Another reason to dislike Luthor and his whole empire.
She threatened him first.

Good point. Especially since it is not in any way, shape, means or form Clark's fault she made the reservations. He would have balked at the Lexor as the spot if given the choice.
Probably.

I just realized something. This confirms my view that their going to the Lexor was part of a story, or at least leads me to think that way. Since Lois' reservation starts on Friday, they would not have just gotten married on the following Monday.
Not necessarily, since the reservations at the Lexor were made AFTER Herb stopped by.

You do like to torture your characters.
Who me? [Linked Image]

I guess it all makes sense what has happened between her and Clark, I just wish they would find a way to tell eachother how they really feel.
Give them time.

I think this is a major inprovement over canon. This actually makes sense as a line, not the accusation she would go somewhere and try to bill without approval.
Thank you. But I think Perry's speaking from previous encounters with Ms. Lane. Actually, I was watching the George Reeves version of AoSM recently, and THAT Lois booked a flight without getting Perry's approval first, too. laugh

Clark: I remember it to. I hope she eventually forgives me for then, but not yet. She said the words of thanks, but she is mad at me still.
She's mad at the situation, and that Clark hasn't tried to convince her that he wants a relationship. He's kind of leaving her hanging.

CLARK: But we can't make love!

LOIS: And *that's* the only reason to progress into a relationship.

CLARK: Well... um... no.

his name is still on it.
evil Thanks, Mr. Fredericks.

Clark: Was she really plotting a wedding. Is she still stuck with the hotel costs. I wish we could get married, but then she would die.
He doesn't know that the reservations were made before. Marriage doesn't equal death.

CAT: Speak for yourself.

Because after her date with Lex, he's worried that she might not be.

Clark overheard that line.
[Linked Image]

This has to be really, really hard for Clark.
CLARK: You can say that again.

From a story point, this is much better than canon. The events of PML make sense as still overshadowing what is going on here, which they didn't really seem to do in canon.
Thank you.

I also am glad that Clark knows she is there as Mrs. Clark Kent.
CLARK: At least, I know she wasn't planning on meeting up with anyone else.

I guess the fact that he was able to get her to smile and laugh, and that she did thank him for not taking advantage of her are good.
cool

Still, Clark really and truly loves Lois, but she does not see it. They both feel for eachother, but are too afaid to open up.

I am surprised Clark has managed to go without telling anyone.
Tell anyone about what? The curse? How exactly would he explain this? Plus, he hasn't really had much time.

I am hoping he at least calls Lois at the Honeymoon Suite. I have to say from a story point of view it is good that they are working through the events with the pheremone. I am encoraged so far.
Glad you approve.

I do wish Clark had told her everything, but I am really, really glad he told what he did.

There is still hope for them.
There will always be hope, even when the characters cannot see it.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Trying his best doesn't mean that Lois won't beat him over the head for it.
So true, so very true.

He's trying not to think of it, which you can see isn't working. It's kind of like saying "don't think of the pretty girl in the bikini" and even if you weren't thinking of her, you are now.
Clark: Now I have images of Lois in a bikini in my mind. I would not mind, but now I can't do anything with her. Grrr.

He maybe being honest, but that doesn't necessarily make Lois feel any better about how she acted.
True, but at least this way he cannot be blind sided by someone else telling Lois about this and having him accused of being a liar, again.

Especially since it would have made her realize she had acted so wantonly with SUPERMAN!
Of course, maybe it would have been better to do it all at once. She will still feel some of the embarrassment when he does finally tell her, or she figures it out.

Clark, I think you had better tell her before she figures out.

Clark: Hey, I have made it nine months, I can make it a little longer. I will tell her once things are right.

Reader:Which at the rate you are going, will be never.

Did Clark initially think this was a good development, since the suit covered more. Or does the suit not really cover more?
Because it seemed like she was acting more like her true self.
Lois: It worked. Lois looked at me more.

Your explanation that Lois remembers all of it but does not really see that she was acting out of character makes her later actions make sense.

She may at some level know that Clark did the right thing, but she still feels rejected by him and that hurts. Between being embarrassed at almost giving in, knowing he can't have her, and figuring she is still mad, Clark is not showing that he truly, deep down loves her.

Lois is really feeling like he rejected her, even if he has tried not to send that vive to her.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J

LOIS: Then you'll be sure I won't be up to accepting your proposal.
Clark:Lois, I will explain the whole matter before I propose. No one would be that much of a lunkhead.

Canon Clark:What? Why are you guys staring at me?

Which is probably 15% or some other insanely high rate.
Probably being that Metropolis is a big city like NYC.
Even some not very big city's have such egregious rates. It is a popular thing to tax since the politicians can tell their constitutients "we just raised the hotel tax, a tax you don't have to pay, becuase you never use the hotels hear in our fair city, so it won't effect you."

They really should cancel it since she was drugged when she made it.
Yes, they should, but then anyone could claim that they made reservations in error.
Well, it is not like getting sprayed by Revenge is an everyday occurance.

He doesn't know that the reservations were made before. Marriage doesn't equal death.
Clark: There is no way I could marry Lois and remain celebate. And I don't think Lois would be keen on that idea either. That would just be pure torture.

Because after her date with Lex, he's worried that she might not be.
I guess her "he finds me attractive" line did suggest that.

Tell anyone about what? The curse? How exactly would he explain this? Plus, he hasn't really had much time.
Well, since M&J know he is a time-traveling visitor from another dimension, it would not be too difficult to explain the curse to them. At least compared to explaining it to anyone else.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard