Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89554 09/09/12 09:00 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I apologize in advance if you were expecting "action" at the end. Sometimes the muse is fickle. huh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#89555 09/09/12 10:05 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
It is perfect just the way it is. Usually I want to see the 'what's next' but for some reason it ends perfectly

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
#89556 09/09/12 10:33 AM
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I loved this, Sue :-). Lois's struggle, how she finally gives in and chooses to apologize and how she pushes Clark until he comes clean. And I think it ends just at the right point.

Cris
#89557 09/09/12 11:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Totally awesome, Sue. That's what we all want more of. We're still waiting.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#89558 09/09/12 12:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue,

It is absolutely perfect the way it is.

Woderful story! sloppy

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#89559 09/09/12 04:08 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm so swamped right now with first week of school, but I couldn't resist popping in and feasting on this pleasant surprise!

Love me some Sue Fic. <3

.talk nerdy to me.
#89560 09/09/12 06:13 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
just what i needed. sigh.

#89561 09/09/12 11:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I feel just like Mrs. Luthor and Sarahq...this little story was just what I needed. It was written so well, I could hear Teri and Dean in my head.

Thanks for getting my work week off to a good start! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#89562 09/10/12 02:16 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Awwww, thank you! blush I haven't been in writing kind of place for the past month or so. Thanks for making me feel like I haven't totally lost it. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
#89563 09/10/12 04:27 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Wonderful story!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#89564 09/10/12 09:16 AM
-
Blogger
Blogger
-
Loved reading it, lovely story. thumbsup

#89565 09/11/12 03:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay a Sue story. I loved it. Keep on writing! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#89566 09/11/12 06:46 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Sue, I don't know whether to kiss you or yell at you for writing this while you know you have other things waiting for you. Fortunately this was too wonderful for me to want to yell at you. Just beautiful. Loved every word and I agree it ended just perfectly. sloppy

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#89567 09/11/12 10:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feels a bit like fall today. I need a summer story. Oh look! Here's one! laugh

"The ferry can't dock until the next high tide. And that's not until seven-thirty tomorrow morning."
Oooh! Spending the night together someplace!

It hurts even more when I think about the last time we were stuck on an island together.
Yes. That *was* quite delicious...

"There's a B&B up the hill," he shouts in our direction. "You can get a room there."
Oooh! Cozy accomodations!

"Because we need to talk."
<nods>

"Stranded us here. This interview was your idea. You knew the ferry schedule. You knew we'd get stuck here, didn't you?"
Now that could be fun! evil But, I'm gonna go with he had no idea.

even if I never trust him with my heart again.
laugh

But no, he knew it was me before he opened the door or he would have put on his glasses.
Good point.

Oh god, oh god -- I'm alone with Clark in a romantic hotel room.
laugh

And then, in a week or a month or next year, something's going to happen that makes him freak out and he'll break my heart all over again. I can't be friends with him. I can't be anything with him.
mecry

You were right. I knew the ferry schedule.
jawdrop Naughty, Clark!

He's only two steps away. Two steps that could change both our lives. Two steps that mean I trust him again. Two steps that will seal my fate, one way or another.
Love this!

Delightful little tale. My only quibble is that it had to end. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#89568 09/12/12 01:13 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Wonderful story with a perfect ending. hyper

KateB
#89569 09/12/12 03:46 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Really nice story, Sue. You perfectly captured the essence of their relationship at that time and gave us a wonderful ending.

Corrina.

#89570 09/13/12 02:18 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Delightful story, Sue. It was angsty and meaty, yet still with a happy ending. Thanks!

For some reason, I kept hoping that Lois wouldn't have to be the bigger person and apologize, but given where they were, it had to be her. I'm glad that she did - isn't that what real relationships are like?

My favorite line was that it wasn't a zero sum game -- there is no winner.

Loved that Clark answered the door without his glasses. It sent the right message.

I could still smack Clark for manipulating Lois into the overnight, but those may be my own issues. I think Lois let him off pretty easily. I know he vowed never to hurt her again, but this behavior seems to be even worse than his making unilateral decisions, especially given her history with Claude and Lex. I'm not sure it would have made a difference, but maybe he should have come clean when Lois called him on it.
huh

I love how you took on such a difficult topic to explore. I don't think that Just Say Noah gave them a resolution that fitted the situation. Thank you for fixing it.

Your story made me wonder how they would have handled the break-up/reconciliation if Lois had become Ultrawoman after Contact but before When Irish Eyes Are Killing.

Again, well done. Don't worry, you've still got it and we still want what you've got.
notworthy

In fact, can I have some?
grovel
B

#89571 09/13/12 05:06 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Oh, wow! I checked the box to notify me if anyone replied and, at first, I did get notifications. But then a few days passed with nothing so I figured no one was reading. I was thrilled to check this morning and find all sorts of lovely comments!

My thanks to Sydney, Mariel, Laura, and Kate for the support! laugh

Jackie - I'm trying to get back in a writing frame of mind. I'm not sure yelling would help. wink

DC - It feels like fall where I am, too. And I'm exceedingly grateful for that. It's been a long, hot summer. I'm ready to start wearing hoodies and sweaters again.
Yes. That *was* quite delicious...
Good golly, yes! I bravely volunteered to rewatch the campfire scene in 'Ordinary People' about twenty times while doing "research" for this story. drool Yum.
I'm gonna go with he had no idea.
Funnily enough, until the very last draft of this story, he didn't know. And then I realized that he freakin' had to know the schedule. It made a lot more sense to me when he did and that was partially the catalyst to get them talking.
No, actually, that's just his style, regardless of how much groveling he needs to be doing.
I agree. Even if he was furious with her, he'd still retain his chivalry. Thanks so much for the long comments - I was delighted by them!

Corrina - Thanks! The "essence" of their relationship at the time was what I was trying to capture. I'm glad it worked!

Brenda - How wonderful to see you on the boards! dance
I kept hoping that Lois wouldn't have to be the bigger person and apologize
Yeah, you and Lois both. It wasn't easy convincing her to apologize. The first version had them running into each other late that night on the beach, fighting, and then a tense ferry ride in the morning. When it came time to get off the ferry, she realizes he'd flown home rather than stick around and have to spend any more time with her. When I looked at it from Clark's POV, he'd already apologized to her, she was just being spiteful. So it was her turn to swallow some pride.
My favorite line was that it wasn't a zero sum game -- there is no winner.
Aww, me, too. Well, that one and I also like her little panic attack when she realizes she's alone with him in a hotel room and neither one of them are fully dressed. smile
Loved that Clark answered the door without his glasses. It sent the right message.
I love that you picked up on that detail. laugh
I'm not sure it would have made a difference, but maybe he should have come clean when Lois called him on it.
She was much too upset at the time. Now, if he'd manipulated her into sharing a room, she'd be justified in telling him to take a hike.
I love how you took on such a difficult topic to explore.
It wasn't on purpose. I actually had a story written that was post-'House of Luthor'. But then someone posted a similar idea so I started over.
Your story made me wonder how they would have handled the break-up/reconciliation if Lois had become Ultrawoman after Contact but before When Irish Eyes Are Killing.
Does this mean you'll be sending me something soon? sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
#89572 09/14/12 04:06 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What, me, yell? I would never do such a thing. :p You know I love ya, Sue. Have reread High Tide so many times now. I'm just in love with it.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#89573 09/14/12 07:06 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Boy, this site is like a drug, isn't it? I check back just once, one single time to post something, and now I'm hooked again. Grr. This is my only time within the next week though, so I guess I can splurge a little. laugh

Loved this! I think it was perfect just the way it was. Very realistic interactions between them and great emotional exploration. Good job!!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard