Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89464 09/05/12 08:40 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

smile1 Moving right along. smile1

Per the chapter headings: yes, I realize that there are 3 in this one posting alone, when in other Parts there are none. As I've mentioned before, I put Chapter headings where and when I see fit. There really is no set size or plan to them. They will make more sense in the Archive version, when all Part indicators (and cliffies) disappear and all one is left with are these random Chapter Headings. jump

Please give me your thoughts.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/23/14 03:35 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Oh boy - H.G. Wells is back! I don't think Clark is going to want to leave this dimension. I wish Superman had stayed a moment to talk with Martha and Jonathan, though I understand why he left.

Chapter headings as they fit works for me.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Okay, so Wells finally shows up. How is he going to clear up this mess and get the original Superman back?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

I love Henderson's point of view: very interesting, indeed!

And the few lines about Clark/Superman in Smallville were very well written: poignant... and sad; but I understand why he left.

So, Herb is back: what happens now?
Herb was beginning to see that all his hopes and plans for this Clark had already flown out the window.
May be... wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: The relationship between Clark and M&J is a complex one. Glad the chapter headings aren't a distraction. smile1

Oh boy - H.G. Wells is back! I don't think Clark is going to want to leave this dimension.
Hmmm. I wonder why that is? [Linked Image]

Ken: Your favorite character is back.

Okay, so Wells finally shows up. How is he going to clear up this mess and get the original Superman back?
Um... [Linked Image] Please remember that the characters don't have all the facts that you Readers do.

Sydney: It's hard to pull a fast one over on our favorite police inspector. laugh

And the few lines about Clark/Superman in Smallville were very well written: poignant... and sad; but I understand why he left.
Thank you. blush

So, Herb is back: what happens now?
Stuff. Things. [Linked Image] It's a process.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another Point of View
Hmm…another POV?

Inspector Henderson glanced at the two reporters who had just entered and sat down in his office.
hyper It’s getting time for Crush!

He knew he shouldn’t be doing that since it would set a bad precedent, but with her unable to do many things one-handed, he let her have a little leeway for a while.
Ooooh! This is going to be fun in the future laugh

Having been awoken by an extremely graphic nightmare of Lois bleeding from a head wound
Drat. Here I thought he might awaken from an extremely graphic non-nightmare.

Clark was hovering above her apartment building when he heard a news report of tornados in Kansas.
Oh dear.

Her boyfriend hadn’t been so fortunate. Superman found him lying within what was left of the mobile home.
jawdrop He was one of the few to stick around and you *killed* him? [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Superman!” he heard Martha Kent call out to him.
razz

“I’d have Clark move in to your room before I hire a nurse.”
hyper

“You could have Clark move into your room. I’m sure, if you just let him, Clark could nurse you back to health faster than anyone Lex Luthor would hire.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave And, no, another POV isn't like the sequel to Another Day.

It’s like those guys who like using whips on themselves.
HENDERSON: Pretty much.

He is *quite* judgmental, isn’t he?
HENDERSON: Are you saying just because I don't have a national stage <<cough, newspaper, cough>> to aire my opinion, I'm not allowed to have one?

You mean, like sailing a thousand ships to win her back? Well, reclaim her.
HENDERSON: No, I totally get a beautiful face is worth rescuing, but if it's accompanied by a smart-alack mouth... Menalaus might be wise just to let Paris have her.

Oh dear. Also, Clark’s not very good at following through on his Superman’s-dead-and-buried routine. Unless Superman’s now an Undead Kryptonian American
CLARK: I just didn't want to look like creepy stalker boyfriend, especially since she's already has a creepy stalker. Superman watching Lois's apartment seems like concern for her well-being. Me, doing it, creepy stalker guy.

She pays Superman in kind?
She pays Superman with good press for giving her the story? Possibily.

Nah, glutton for punishment.
Tomato/potato.

He hasn’t. Besides, it’s cheaper than toilet paper.
She didn't know he swiped the paper from a collegue. And they really need to pay the MPD more, if that's the case. Lois will write an article, if it means less MPD reading Met Star trash.

CAT: No, they’ve already found the witch.
LOIS: I'm not a witch!

CAT: Me thinks she protests too much for someone who was never accused of said crime.

LOIS: Um... Look, a naked man!

CAT: <<looks around>> Where? Where?! Ugh, Ralph! I'm Blind!

LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois got her hand on some Kryptonite and had accidently over-incapacitated Superman in her ardor?
Nope, Kryptonite hasn't shown up in this dimension yet.

He can fly.
HENDERSON: Really?

‘Patrolling’ means he’s watching single, brunette women with shot-up arms in their apartment.
Tomato / Potato.

True. Say, will she still call him a friend when he pokes her with other things without her consent?
LOIS(to Lex): [Linked Image] That's NOT allowed!

LEX: He said it! <<points to Michael>> Not me!

/goes and buys ‘probed by an alien’ t-shirt as wedding present for Lois.
LOIS: I'm getting married?

She’s getting older and only takes them on one-after-the-other these days?
It's been a long 48 hours.

/nods/ She spent the night.
Yes, and Lex is upset at missing the outtakes!

Well, he wanted a naughty girlfriend, now he’s got one.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Why didn't anyone warn me?

What’s the difference between a creepy stalker and a superhero?
X-ray vision.
SUPERMAN: I'm not using my X-Ray vision to look into Lois's apartment unless I hear something usual, like Lois laughing, or cooking.

Yeah, I can just picture that headline: Superman only takes on small incidents – Tommy Garrison proven correct.
Oh, so you do read the Met Star?

Maybe if he built an ice castle in the Arctic and locked her in there?
That's going a bit to the extreme. Anyway, she'd probably get cold, and he'd have to warm her up with his heat vision, and that would melt the ice... it would be a huge mess.

Maybe consummating would help him sleep?
CLARK: But I told her I'd wait until she's ready.

“Jimmy can make pasta”?
Lucy can order take-out like any good Lane woman.

So, tactile danger is less than visual danger?
Pasta is more of a sensory overload, with the taste, and the sight, and the smell, remind Clark of Lois touching him and telling him that she wanted him.

Or she’s just enjoying her little game of cat and mouse. Wonder when she and Cat will become best friends.
Not for a long while.

It’s getting time for Crush!
EW: <<checks outline / timeline>> So it is.

Ooooh! This is going to be fun in the future
Clark adds another item to his list of things he wished he'd never done.

Drat. Here I thought he might awaken from an extremely graphic non-nightmare.
Lois isn't the only one who needs to heal.

He was one of the few to stick around and you *killed* him?
Not CLARK! And I didn't kill the guy, tornados did.

Wouldn’t it be fun if they called him ‘Clark’?
EW: <<hugs compuer>> Wouldn't it?

So, she won’t be going for a trip in the Big Brother house even when it’s a paid gig?
LUCY: I've leaving one psycho roomie. I don't need a house full of them.

Lois is always in danger. Watching her is very prudent.
CLARK: See! I'm not an idiot.

Well, when he’s out with Batman, it’s Superman who’s dressed in drags.
SUPERMAN: It's because I like color, isn't it?

BM: I'm Batman!

LOIS, a few seconds later: “Fine. I’ll call him right away.”
CLARK: <<Who just flew in>> Hello? Hello? That's strange I could have sworn my phone was ringing.

I thought the vacation was just a ruse?
But Alt-Dimension needs a Superman! They've got all those people walking around with Tempus guns.

Wait! Herb doesn’t know, either?
Doesn't know what? He knows that this Lois had similar things happen to her like the Lois from his dimension, but he assumed Kal-El of this dimension died on impact because he was never adopted by the Kents.

That was not in the plan.
WELLS: That was *my* plan.

Oh dear. He never realized she *wasn’t* truly bonkers.
Nope.

Oh? Innocent bystander getting wacked accidently?
Lois is currently going through the 5 stages of grief. Anger, anger, boinking her partner, anger, and anger.

…bitca?
Mad Dog?

Also, it’s that time of the month when she’s just been shot.
If that were the case I doubt Menken, Lex, or Superman would have made it out of that alley alive.

So, Ralph’s made his appearance?
He had to be hired at the Planet at some point to be around by the time PML happens, right?

And that’s a sexual harassment suit waiting to happen. The first in the Planet’s history.
Ralph suing Lois? Lois suing Ralph? Jeanine suing Clark? huh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
HENDERSON: Are you saying just because I don't have a national stage <<cough, newspaper, cough>> to aire my opinion, I'm not allowed to have one?
According to Lois: No.

HENDERSON: No, I totally get a beautiful face is worth rescuing, but if it's accompanied by a smart-alack mouth... Menalaus might be wise just to let Paris have her.
True. And Lex might be wise to just let Superman have her. Or is that the other way ‘round?

Superman watching Lois's apartment seems like concern for her well-being. Me, doing it, creepy stalker guy.
Right. Huh, why is Lois drool-shaking her head?

She pays Superman with good press for giving her the story? Possibily.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
According to Lois: No.
LOIS: That's not true! Everyone is allowed to have opinions. Mine just happen to be the only right ones though.

True. And Lex might be wise to just let Superman have her. Or is that the other way ‘round?
Actually, "Clark" in this case. But a "Dan Scardino" might work in a pinch.

Right. Huh, why is Lois drool-shaking her head?
I'm sorry. Did you think Lois was the only blind character in my story?

“More funds for a more educated police force”? Oh look, Preston Carpenter already organized a charity function to that regard. You can read all about it in the Star.
And look! It's being held in that old condemed building. I hope nothing happens to the guests, requiring a rescue from Superman.

/nods/ Just watch what happens when Lois nibbles his ear.
CLARK: I plead the Fifth.

I was just trying to be helpful?
LOIS (to Lex): And, you're going to tell me that you weren't thinking about doing it all along?

LEX: I would never... Lois, how could you EVER think of me like that?! I respect you too much to ever, consider doing anything that dirty and pleasurable to you.

LOIS: Pleasurable?

LEX: <<all innocence>> Well, are you saying that I wouldn't enjoy myself with you?

LOIS: How about we never try and find out?

LEX: [Linked Image]

SUPERMAN: <<standing sternly with arms crossed>> I agree with Lois.

LEX: Spoil sport.

/nods/ Soon. Just a couple more months till the Honeymoon Suite.
grumble I knew I shouldn't have had Cat teaching the sexual harrisment workshop.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: That's not true! Everyone is allowed to have opinions. Mine just happen to be the only right ones though.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She’s blind? Again? How did that happen?
No, not literally. Face blind, i.e. can't see the Clark in the Superman blind. Clark's blind in the he can't see the woman who has the hots for him in front of his face blind. It makes for fun interactions.

They’re just in the process of revoking that one for dark side happenings in fanfic.
Oh, dear.

/imagines Lex picking out the right shade-of-green Kryptonite cufflinks/ also,
Oh, oh, oh... grumble I knew I should have been more specific. Cat! When I said sexual harrisment seminar, I meant the prevention of, not the application of.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, not literally.
Duh! Also, some people have to be more specific than others when making certain statements.

I want to say one of MozartMaid's, but I could be wrong.
Huh. It is? /goes looking for loose disk inside brain/ [Linked Image]

Don't remind me or my characters will go off and run, hiding in Sue's closet again, and this story will never get finished.
Oh dear. Does Clark not have the staying power for a long ‘run’?

Terribly sorry, I meant one person in a room with only one person in it.
Yes, but how would he discern the difference without checking to make sure? /won’t shut up until Clark goes looking to make sure that there’s only Lois-approved activity going on instead of also Lucy-approved stuff/

Because you got confused and told Margot;Lois instead of Teri;Lois.
/inserts tiny screwdriver to adjust detector/

CLARK: I don't think so. I know it's been a while, so I don't think it be *that* difficult.
So, hard but not difficult. Poor Lois. She really bought into the whole advertisement.

quote: Oh. Okay. /whispers to EW/ She does know she’s headed for L.A., right? Television portrayal is not always favorable.

Lucy in ML was an actress, I don't recall if I ever gave *this* Lucy a career path.
No, was thinking TV portrayal *of* L.A., not when on TV yourself.

PERRY: [Grumble] I knew I should have been more specific. Cat! When I said sexual harrisment seminar, I meant the prevention of, not the application of.
CAT: Why would anyone want to prevent it? confused

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Duh! Also, some people have to be more specific than others when making certain statements.
I thought when one said that Lois was blind, everyone knew that it was because she couldn't see the Superman in Clark Kent.

Oh dear. Does Clark not have the staying power for a long ‘run’?
We're in it for the long haul, but EW needs to take it one part at a time, please. Otherwise I look to see if I can see the end of the train and start hyperventalating when I can't see it.

Yes, but how would he discern the difference without checking to make sure? /won’t shut up until Clark goes looking to make sure that there’s only Lois-approved activity going on instead of also Lucy-approved stuff/
Lucy only approves of one of those two activities? <<looks skeptical>>

But you're absolutely right. If he heard ANYONE getting pleasure in Lois's room, he'd take a peek and clear confusion.

So, hard but not difficult. Poor Lois. She really bought into the whole advertisement.
Would she rather have difficult, yet not hard?

LOIS: I think not!

No, was thinking TV portrayal *of* L.A., not when on TV yourself.
LUCY: I've lived in LA for the last two years!

CAT: Why would anyone want to prevent it?
There's a vignette that needs to be written. LOIS teaches the class and Ralph attends it. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought when one said that Lois was blind, everyone knew that it was because she couldn't see the Superman in Clark Kent.
Yeah, but that’s no fun to joke about laugh

Otherwise I look to see if I can see the end of the train and start hyperventalating when I can't see it.
/whispers/ You’re looking in the wrong direction. You must look in the direction the trains driving. There, about a 500m ahead, there’s the end of the train. We’ve been chasing it for a while now. Also, you supposed to stay inside the train, not climb onto the roof like Lois does.

Lucy only approves of one of those two activities? <<looks skeptical>>
No,no, Lucy approves of what Lois is doing, as long as it’s balanced with the stuff Lucy herself also approves of.

But you're absolutely right. If he heard ANYONE getting pleasure in Lois's room, he'd take a peek and clear confusion.
See? Was that so hard, Clark? wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, but that’s no fun to joke about.
clap

/whispers/ You’re looking in the wrong direction. You must look in the direction the trains driving. There, about a 500m ahead, there’s the end of the train. We’ve been chasing it for a while now. Also, you supposed to stay inside the train, not climb onto the roof like Lois does.
LOIS: But I was sure I saw Clark head out this way...

No,no, Lucy approves of what Lois is doing, as long as it’s balanced with the stuff Lucy herself also approves of.
Lucy disapproves of activities in the bedroom? Oh, right, working, researching, and sleep. Gotcha.

See? Was that so hard, Clark?
CLARK: Sorry, it took me a while to see the Kryptonian in the researcher.

Yeah, but if it’s not difficult, than it won’t be a hard thing to do for very long, either.
LOIS: laugh

/imagines Ralph imagining Lois in an…appropriate…outfit teaching him his lessons/
/Lois thinking [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
PERRY: Lois, I'm thinking you might not be the way to go. Clark!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: But I was sure I saw Clark head out this way...
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EW: But you're absolutely right. If he heard ANYONE getting pleasure in Lois's room, he'd take a peek and clear confusion.

ER: See? Was that so hard, Clark?

CLARK: Sorry, it took me a while to see the Kryptonian in the researcher.

ER: Umm… I missed a step there… huh
Kryptonian (Zara) in the researcher (Sara).

Don’t worry. Clark won’t mind if you cheat during the game.
CLARK: Define "cheat". There's cheating that I don't approve of AT ALL. There's fake cheating which Meg Ryan demonstrated so well. There's cheating by oneself that I wouldn't mind watching. [Linked Image] And there's cheating to make me give Lois a win. (My personal favorite, BTW.) Or have I completely gone off topic?

<heat vision laser of Ralph> (Clark’s the one on the right. The artificial heatvision is just for illustration purposes)
CLARK: No, Ralph, we WON'T be using Lois for demonstration purposes. We'll be using Wally.

RALPH: Wally?

WALLY: Me? I'm supposed to be the girl in this scenario?

CLARK: No, you'll be Ralph. He'll be the girl.

RALPH: shock Wally will be *me*? But... but... but... he doesn't have my moves down.

CLARK: He'll be able to improvise.

WALLY: [Linked Image] Do I haveta? I don't really want to talk to Ralph like he talks to women.

CLARK: It's the only way you two will learn how women feel when you treat them this way. After we go through this for a few times, you'll switch: Wally will be the woman and Ralph, you'll be Wally.

RALPH: I don't think I want to work at the D.P. that badly, after all.

WALLY: Me, either.

Lois, Cat, and rest of DP staff: party

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kryptonian (Zara) in the researcher (Sara).
Oh. Oops?

[…] Or have I completely gone off topic?
wave Michael

X
Blogger
Blogger
X
Loved the scene with Henderson! I liked seeing things from his point of view. And it’s always nice to see Martha and Jonathon.
“I’ll be fine,” Lois said, and even without x-ray vision Clark knew she said the words through gritted teeth. “I’d have Clark move in to your room before I hire a nurse.”

“Or…” Lucy teased. “You could have Clark move into your room. I’m sure, if you just let him, Clark could nurse you back to health faster than anyone Lex Luthor would hire.”
laugh

Unfortunately my reviews will have to be shorter now because I don't have a lot of time. Neurobiology will be the death of me xD 15+ hours of homework and I didn’t even finish it frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard