Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#88617 08/06/12 08:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Thank you for reading. Comments taken here.

I will post Part 30 by Friday, August 10th. Consider this warning to test your seatbelts and safety bars. wink

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/27/14 01:45 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, I like how he stood up to Murry. Cat is great in this, and Lois is starting to fall for Clark. I am still with you, and curious to where this is going to go. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark had retorted by reminding Cat that not everything in life was about sex.

The gossip queen had merely patted his face and cooed at him for his innocent naivety.
I just love Cat. laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Thank you. I never understood Superman's reasoning in getting into the ring with Tommy Garrison in the canon episode, except for the fact that canon Clark seemed a bit of a boxing nut. (Maybe it's a man/woman thing.) Although, I gave this Clark more of a reason to fight Garrison (him beating up Clark's friend Jimmy), Clark will show more true character, I believe, by keeping himself out of it. Since I had Alt-Clark learning the hard way, with Walt Irig getting possibly hurt because of their fight over Lana on Prom Night, this Clark is even more against fighting humans "for fun" than canon Clark was. Yes, poor Lois is being tempted more by Clark's wicked wiles. wink

IolantheAlias: I'm glad you're enjoying Cat. She'll be a bigger part of this entire story than Jimmy or Perry, I believe, when all is said and told. I have some fun things planned for her. evil

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
“Even you would be impressed at her reporting skills if you gave her half a chance, Lois
Yes, I love Cat in this story: she's a good friend for Clark and a great reporter!

She'll be a bigger part of this entire story than Jimmy or Perry, I believe, when all is said and told. I have some fun things planned for her.
Wonderful! I'm looking forward to these "fun things" now. hyper

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love this line:

“This isn’t a matchmaking service; this is a newspaper.
Almost three months? Is H. G. due to appear soon?

Glad to hear you have more in store with Cat.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: What? Cat wasn't a good reporter in canon? Although often protrayed as clearly not as intelligent as Clark or Lois, she seems to be good at coming in with the goods (especially prostitute renting senators and bribed congressmen). Clark is also good for Cat. It always made me sad that canon Cat didn't have anyone to go to in ASU, when the world was ending. She needed a friend (without benefits) as much as alt-Clark needed one.

Wonderful! I'm looking forward to these "fun things" now.
hyper Always good when a more minor character brings in the goods. laugh

Almost three months? Is H. G. due to appear soon?
Hmmm. Yes, what was that 3 month anniversary again? wink Currently we're at the beginning of August, just under 3 months in. Clark's all packed and ready to head home after his vacation, right?

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark glanced up and was about to ask why Jimmy had given them to him when he wasn’t working with Lois on the boxing story,
This spells T R O U B L E to me…

Clark wished he could have left with her as he hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep with her there lying against his stomach.
huh

but as it occurred simultaneously with her new-found interest in being Clark’s bosom buddy,
laugh

so that she could officially be with Superman, Clark would jump at the opportunity.
He would even dress up in blue tights for her? So she can make love to her hero?

He would kick himself from here to the moon and back again for the duplicity, but he’d still do it.
[Linked Image]

Of all of the reasons why Lois would never date him, the fact that he didn’t eat sweets hadn’t even been on his list.
So, it was the logical reason to choose, then, wasn’t it?

Not that Clark would ever wish more death or misery on Lois, so she’d come running into his arms.
Ooooh! I’ve got an idea. Huh? What? Drat. Okay, nix that idea. It’s already been patented by LexCo. And we all know how messy those patent infringement cases can get… /points at the Apple/Samsung war over the Space Odyssey’s computer tablet/

So much for doctor-patient confidentiality.
No, that’s still good. DPC doesn’t protect you from bad guys breaking into the good doctor’s office and stealing your trade secrets.

This didn’t look like every day sports medicine, or even prosthetics.
/points at med-lab Palpatine took Anakin Skywalker/

what would Menken or whoever was backing him, do to her father, or to Lois?
Marry her and stuff her in a bunker. Not necessarily in that order.

The money that must have been fronted for this project must have been big – Luthor big.
Oooooh!

. He had not even the whisper of proof that Luthor was involved,
How about those arms? When folded at the elbow, don’t they look just like an L. And both together, that’s Lex’s Double-L.

but like Lois, Clark could make suggestions to Cat until he was blue in the face, and she would do whatever she wanted anyway.
Maybe it’s him? Maybe he doesn’t know how to talk to women?

The angle that Cat picked to investigate should have been no big surprise: sex.
laugh

She was curious where Luthor picked up his bedfellows.
Blue Oyster Bar. On an unrelated subject: I’ve recently re-watched the Police Academy…

She figured that a man of Luthor’s stature in the city and in business meant that he had sex often, probably daily, just to relieve stress,
Ooooo-kay. Is the south-east Asian stereotype massage therapy with a happy ending tax-deductable as a medical expense?

but he didn’t have a serious or obvious girlfriend.
Boyfriend. Lex does have a lot of male companions running around…

Clark told Cat that he personally didn’t want to know, nor did he want to even consider Luthor’s paramours.
So, he’s suddenly not interested in what Lois does at night?

Still, Cat went on with her theory after reassuring him that Lois wasn’t one of them. Thanks a lot, Cat, for that image.
laugh

Cat figured that since Dr. Baines had been a woman and Lex was a man that possibly there had been more between them than the space program.
They have been validating her theories on docking maneuvers.

Cat believed that Luthor seduced his victims or partners in crime with sex, lulling them to do what he wanted with the possibility of becoming his wife, and having access to all of his billions.
Oh. Isn’t that what Mindy Church does, too? They could actually be siblings. Or father/daughter?

Clark had retorted by reminding Cat that not everything in life was about sex.
That’s true, actually. The other half’s about money. Plus, you can exchange one for the other at various rates.

The gossip queen had merely patted his face and cooed at him for his innocent naivety.
laugh

Clark slipped the photos into the packet and glanced over at Lois’ desk. She had just arrived and was turning on her computer.
That could have been a bloody mess…

Lois frowned at him. “What are you doing with my photos?” she accused.
See?

Cat had even asked Clark if there was something he wanted to announce.
Cigars for everyone! Lois just found out she’s pregnant and wants to get back together.

and if he tries to put a finger on my story, we’ll be less than that,
But he gets to keep the finger? confused

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“It’s the truth. You’ve seen the photos.”
So she’s assuming he actually looked inside an envelope not meant for him? Who would *do* such a thing? Such a violation of trust and good manners? Oh, right. Duh!

“Who knew that all this time, I’ve been Dr. Frankenstein’s daughter?”
Better than being his monster?

“Well, he didn’t leak me the story. I found it myself by breaking into his office last night,” she corrected, setting the photos down on her desk.
Uumm…

“I can’t believe a woman as caring as you would risk someone going after your dad by writing that story.”
Has he *met* her? And would he also stop her from printing the story if her Dad was Lex Luthor?

Lois gulped. “I was…” She closed her eyes and hated with every fiber of her body to say it. “— wrong.”
clap

Uh-huh. Likely story. Probably more that Superman didn’t want me to yell at him for thinking it was his fault that Allie died. Lois looked up to the ceiling and shook her head.
clap Maybe she should yell at him for thinking she’d yell at him?

No, no, no! Perry wouldn’t dare! Lois glowered at her boss. “This is my story, Perry,” she warned him.
/points to earlier remark/

I can reassign it to Kent here, since he seems to be up to speed on where you were, before you fumbled the ball.”
clap

“You can, Kent, and you will,” Perry told him. “This isn’t a matchmaking service; this is a newspaper.
/points at headline of Daily Planet during the pheromone incident/

The Police Academy graduation is this weekend, Lois.
rotflol /points at earlier remark/

Why don’t you attend that and tell us how it was?”
Just telling, not writing a story, right? It could have been worse.

I bet this was just a trick of yours to steal my story.”
lol

She looked up at him with the full intention of pushing him away, but he was gazing at her with melancholy eyes like she had stabbed him with her words.

“Is that really who you think I am?” he asked, speaking so nobody else could hear him.
Oh boy. She really got a defective Clark, didn’t she?

. “How exactly have I seduced you? As you have pointed out to everyone from here to Gotham City, we are just friends.”
laugh

“I’m right?” he echoed in amazement.
Great. Now the needle has jumped out of the track

It probably was what made him such a good reporter
Also, it could work great for getting them ladies…

“Make sure you brush up on your penmanship, Lois. You’ll need it when you fall back on a career as an English teacher for snot nosed brats, whose parents give them everything.”
/suggests Lois hand in her original story after all/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“In the three months that I’ve known you, Lois, I have yet to see you fail at anything you set your heart to,” he said.
What about defiling Superman? She didn’t manage to pull that one off. And she still hasn’t pushed some sweets down Clark’s throat. Although, she hasn’t really applied herself to that one, yet.

. “What’s up with your three month anniversary at the Planet?
“Meesa going home!” wave Michael

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Sorry about the delay in the FDK. I was busy doing a quick beta read for another author. wink clap

I had to go back and review to see just where we were.

Pity about Allie Danello. Superman saved him only to lose him still.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: 3-part FDK! help The spoilage police..........) Let me go! I promise I won't say anything else! clap

No, that’s still good. DPC doesn’t protect you from bad guys breaking into the good doctor’s office and stealing your trade secrets.
Even so, they are violating it by stealing the good doctors records and writing a story about it.

/points at med-lab Palpatine took Anakin Skywalker/
Yes, but he won't get a chance to see that movie for some years. It's only 1993 in this dimension.

Marry her and stuff her in a bunker. Not necessarily in that order.
Among other things.

How about those arms? When folded at the elbow, don’t they look just like an L. And both together, that’s Lex’s Double-L.
Unfortunately Lois has the same Double-L initials and it could have been a tribute to her.

Maybe it’s him? Maybe he doesn’t know how to talk to women?
Duh!

Blue Oyster Bar. On an unrelated subject: I’ve recently re-watched the Police Academy…
Unrelated? That reference I would have caught. For some reason, Police Academy jokes stick with me more than Dune plot. clap

That could have been a bloody mess…
It's still early in the day.

Oooops. Ran out of smilies.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK Reply - Part 2

Cigars for everyone! Lois just found out she’s pregnant and wants to get back together.
razz

But…but…Rule #9 How about ‘Clark was right’ instead?
[Linked Image] /Canon Dialogue./

Hey, that *would* be news. Millions would buy that edition to read it.
Just like the PML issue sold like heart cakes.

Oh dear. He’s giving the story to Clark, now? That’s not gonna end well…
Oh, dear, I'm getting predictable. grumble time-machines./

Yes. Well, the girlfriend part. She’s already shown up. The girlfriend’s still missing.
clap No, that one he'd do for free.

Which puts a dent in the callboy business…
lol

But how will he explain the lingerie collection when Lois visits the next time?
Large donations to Goodwill.

Like Lex, when his cyborgs don’t get to try and hit Superman?
But then wouldn't he be admitting to being the money behind them?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Sorry about the delay in the FDK. I was busy doing a quick beta read for another author. wink clap
I hope it was an entertaining read. laugh I've got some catching up to do of my own. blush

I had to go back and review to see just where we were.

Pity about Allie Danello. Superman saved him only to lose him still.
Well, I did come up with this whole sub-plot of actually keeping Allie alive and hiding him out with Lois first and then Clark, but then I figured, didn't we just do that with Alan Morris (Mr. Invisible) and I wanted to move on to the end of Requiem and get on more fun plot points. devil So, you can thank the Invisible Man for cutting a good five parts out of my story, but I'll keep it in reserves in case I ever want to revisit Requiem (in other words, I hit a VERY dry spell).

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is this to prep me for the one part FDK for 30, consisting of “ clap

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> That's right, Jimmy. Just because Lois lets me boink her, it doesn't mean I'm allowed to touch her copy.
clap Yes. Copy is much more critical when it comes to touching laugh

Wouldn't?
/points at little bits of information hidden between the lines.

I was thinking it was the shock keeping him awake (of course, floating is always a worry too.)
clap

Yes, but if he were attracted by men, he'd surround himself with women so he wouldn't be distracted.
Oh. Oooooooooh…

He knows what Lois does at night. Her apartment building comes up on his patrol route once an hour.
/imagines intricate flight plan that looks like a giant flower with Lois’s bedroom being at the flower’s hub.

Okay, Toni, you'll be the Space Station, and I'm the Prometheus shuttle... No WONDER - she wanted to blow it up. (Explode it, that is).
laugh

LEX: But! But! But! I didn't get to see that video!
Camera ran out of film before the good part started.

He reserves that right for the future Mrs. Lane.
Ooooh! Right. What was her name again? Oh, right. Baby Gunderson.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Has he *met* her? And would he also stop her from printing the story if her Dad was Lex Luthor?

There's an Oedipus story for you.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, I just figured, I’ll sit down and read this one in front of the computer instead of going through it twice within a couple of minutes.
Well, I thank you for the extra effort.

Yes. Copy is much more critical when it comes to touching
Hmmm. Did we have a rule on 'you're allowed to touch Lois as long as you don't touch her copy'?

A frequent oversight?
Of course, my stories would be much more bland without them. Sometimes the double speak is intentional.

ME: Kind of hard... scratch that... difficult to make love in the suit.

Michael: No thank you. Maybe Lois would? As for the suit, there’s tons of manuals on the dark side on how that works.
First of all... I tried to run away from the D.E. and ran [Linked Image] into another one. clap Unless Cat scores, it's a big, fat miss on Cat's scale.

Yeah, that *could* be awkward, if she’s pregnant from his future self.
Gee, I wonder what I should do about that.

Which he collected from the neighborhood? Nope, still not seeing Lois taking that well.
No, I mean he makes big donations to Goodwill, so they don't stay at his apartment.

True. But which would be the greater payoff? Indicting Superman or admitting to financing reconstructive surgery for high-end athlete machines?
Do you mean the former would happen if Superman used his super strength to hit a cyborg and accidently killed him? Thereby guilty of killing and sent to jail? Yeah, I'm thinking that would be the one Lex would chose. The other thing he can fix with a PR blitz.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I thank you for the extra effort.
blush

Hmmm. Did we have a rule on 'you're allowed to touch Lois as long as you don't touch her copy'?
Goood question. I think…no. Lois didn’t remark on it in the Lois Rules vigi by some author…

Of course, my stories would be much more bland without them. Sometimes the double speak is intentional.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Goood question. I think…no. Lois didn’t remark on it in the Lois Rules vigi by some author…
It's now officially Rule 102. clap

But, then Lois doesn’t know it’s Superman. If she wanted any regular guy, she could just shag up with Clark.
Hmmmm. <<thinking>> what if she helped him take it off?

Well, according to Bob, it’s the lilac ones. Although, it might be funny to have Lex draw those. /points at rumors on Lex’s intentions with men and women/
I caught the reference to Bob's The Pub. That would be funny, if Lois said the gold ones were her's.

Oh, frequent enough that they don’t accumulate. I see.
Step one: pick up mail. Step two: read mail. Step three: answer mail. Step four: pass copies of all death threats of Lois to MPD. Step five: discard extra materials, including photos and used underwear. :p Step six: wash hands.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's now officially Rule 102.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard