Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88555 08/04/12 04:27 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks again to my amazing BR, Iolanthe, and also to savcyril, whose input always makes the story stronger.

Corrina.

#88556 08/04/12 07:25 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Perfect! Loved the way Lois figured it out; I'm guessing that will help her feel better about the revelation! With all those door-knocking interruptions you certainly kept the suspense at full tilt throughout their conversation.

Am so looking forward to Part 15 - hoping you post it soon!

Cheers from across the ditch
Elizabeth

#88557 08/05/12 02:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina,

Wonderful chapter. Lois surprised everyone. shock

Things have simply got to work themselves out now.

Looking forward to the final chapter.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#88558 08/05/12 03:00 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Corrina,

Just caught up with your story and it's (again!) a wonderful story. You really are a fantastic writer.

And now I can't wait to read the last chapter.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#88559 08/05/12 05:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
smile1

I loved this entire chapter from start to finish. wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88560 08/05/12 05:55 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another terrific part and a fantastic revelation.

Well done.

Joy,
Lynn

#88561 08/05/12 09:00 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay! Another new part!

She was missing something - a vital key that was needed to fit all the disparate pieces together.
Don't worry, Lois. It's coming.

Even if - despite her actions - his love remained, starting a relationship was probably the last thing he wanted right now.
Erm...not quite, Lois.

She'd never had an abundance of patience, but she owed him time.
This makes me clap

"The obvious being ..."

"That you weren't here. That I was working alone. Without my partner."
Awww!

His eyes fell. "I'm not sure you're going to appreciate mine," he said, despair and weariness cloaking his words.
frown

Perhaps it was going to be all right.
Yes,it will.

But if he asked, and she answered, and then he told, and she freaked ...
Ah yes, the overthinker.

Perhaps he could just slip it in and hope it looked natural.
clap

"I needed to ..." He braved a glance directly into her eyes and was caught there in the outpouring of her concern. His heart exploded as the truth hit him. It was more than concern. It was love.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

Please, he thought as he rose from the sofa, please don't let it be the police. Not again.
clap

Clark grimaced. "You knew about that?"
clap

Clark dragged himself away from her. He looked through the door as he approached it and saw his parents.
I was wondering about them!

His mom jumped in. "She pretended to move herself into your apartment, hoping that Lana's possessiveness would lure her out of hiding. And it worked perfectly."
Ha! Good ol' Martha!

Clark shot an anguished look at Lois. She shrugged slightly.
Not too different from every other day of the week for them, if you think about it.

"Mrs McCreadie?" A couple of pieces fell into place in Clark's mind. "She was watching my door, and she called 911?"

"That's what I was hoping would happen. But instead, she came to your door, and it turns out she is a very good shot." Lois pointed to a place on his floor. "Sorry about the damage. She said she was aiming between Lana's feet."
<laughs gleefully>

Lois took a few steps away from the little group. "Why don't you fly them home, Clark?" she said over her shoulder. "I'm going to order some Chinese takeout. I'm starving."
<claps in a giddy manner>

LOVE how casual this is!

Utterly devoid of ideas about what he should do now, Clark obediently spun into the Suit, wordlessly picked up his parents, and flew them to Smallville, Kansas.
Hahahaha!

Um, more please? Now? <begs>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#88562 08/05/12 09:45 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
When the truth dropped into Lois' brain, I bet that was the clunk that was heard around FOLCdom. After all, she's finally got it all in a line and it is making sense. I think I hear faint wedding bells for the threesome.

Great story!

Pat

#88563 08/05/12 11:00 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Just perfect, Corrina. clap The best revelation scene, and Lois still got the upper hand. evil
I loved how sincere Lois was about her feelings as well as her fears about a relationship.Your Lois, Corrina is usually more in touch with her emotional side than the Lois from the show. I always love and admire the way you write this character. notworthy
Please, post soon. grovel

KateB
#88564 08/05/12 01:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm back again to comment about this:

How did Clark know Mayson had been in exactly that position?

As he walked down the stairs, she tried to recall exact details of coming here to collect Clark's clothes. As soon as they'd walked in, his eyes had been fixed to the spot.

How could he have known?
I love this. Even though this particular snip is not about Lois solving Mayson's murder, but rather her figuring out CK=S, it still brought back memories of reading Det. Chan or Hercule Poirot mysteries. I actually went back to double-check, and there it was:
She unlocked his door, hustled him inside, and shut it firmly.

Her hand slid down Clark's arm and rested on his elbow. "You OK?" she said.

"Yeah," he said. "Thanks." He turned from Lois, his eyes drawn to the place where Mayson had lost her life. There was nothing to testify to the horror of what had happened here - no lingering bloodstain, no dent in the dark timber.

Lois nestled closer against his side. "It wasn't your fault," she said in a low voice.
Yup. And with Lois's comment, you let us know that she knows that he knows that that was the spot Mayson died, even though she doesn't immediately realize the significance of that fact. Well done! thumbsup

I cannot wait to see what happens when Clark returns. Despite her matter-of-fact acceptance in front of Clark's parents, it would not be out-of-character for her to pick a fight with him about this when he gets back. And yet...
He needed to tell her the truth. "Lois, I'm -"

"I'm sorry I left in such a rush a week ago," she said.

He hadn't been expecting her to re-start their conversation with that particular topic.
I wasn't expecting this change in topic, either. Especially since I know something Clark doesn't. It makes me wonder. Surely it's significant. She has just figured out the CK=S, and the first thing she does is to apologize for leaving so abruptly? Hmmm.

Lois was gazing at her hands, where her fingers had coiled around each other as they sat in her lap. "I got a call, and ... It was Mom." [...] "It was as if I were being shown a glimpse of the future. My future. And I really didn't like what I saw." [...] "But ... it was so hard to see her so ... so angry and ..."
OK, so the change in topic was to discuss her trip to visit her mom. Am I reading this right? Lois doesn't want to be an angry, bitter woman like her mom? Is Lois trying to let him know that he doesn't need to worry about her reaction to the secret? Is she trying to tell him she's not going to get angry and fight with him about this? Well, I'll know the answer to this question in good time. Hopefully, not *that* much time. Soon? Please?

wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88565 08/05/12 02:15 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
A quick comment to Vicki.

I smiled when I read your first comment because I thought I had slipped something past you (which isn't easy to do!!)

Then, I noticed you'd left another comment, and I read this ...

I wasn't expecting this change in topic, either. Especially since I know something Clark doesn't. It makes me wonder. Surely it's significant. She has just figured out the CK=S, and the first thing she does is to apologize for leaving so abruptly? Hmmm.
To answer you, yes it's significant. laugh

OK, so the change in topic was to discuss her trip to visit her mom. Am I reading this right? Lois doesn't want to be an angry, bitter woman like her mom? Is Lois trying to let him know that he doesn't need to worry about her reaction to the secret? Is she trying to tell him she's not going to get angry and fight with him about this? Well, I'll know the answer to this question in good time. Hopefully, not *that* much time. Soon? Please?
Yes, most of that is true, but it's not the reason why Lois brought up *that* topic right then.

And as for knowing the answer eventually, it's not there in 15 at present, but I've had it there and taken it out a couple of times. At present, I'm leaning towards putting it in. I'll post the part within the next 24 hours, so you have until then to try to work out why Lois started talking about her mom. laugh

Oh, and clap clap for realising there had to be a reason for Lois's rather strange behaviour.

Corrina.

#88566 08/05/12 02:49 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
oooh! oooh! oooh! hyper Does it have anything to do with a certain concern of mine which I recall having brought up on several occasions during past fdk?

If it's not that, then I'm confused

I'll have to go back and re-read, and keep thinking about this. You've given me a challenge. 24 hours.

wave

#88567 08/06/12 03:28 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Other than the fingerprints (which I think you settled nicely for me), I'm struggling to remember your other concern, Vicki.

If RL cooperates, I'll post the final part tomorrow morning - in about 11 hours.

However, while it will give you answers about how Lois is going to react, at this stage, I'm holding off the explanation for her question until the Epilogue.

Corrina. wave

#88568 08/06/12 03:53 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
If it had been related to my expressed concern, I'm pretty sure you would remember me mentioning the topic - so I'm going to assume it doesn't. Plus, the timing (just after learning about Superman) doesn't exactly fit. No, I think I'm just going to have to give this one some more thought.

Looking forward to Part 15, even if it doesn't answer this particular question. smile

#88569 08/06/12 07:48 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Love the final six sentences!

Poor Martha and Jonathan must have been in shock.

Still, it would have been refreshing to let Clark actually make the reveal himself.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88570 08/06/12 03:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL That was fantastic! I loved the revelation! Lois is so cute in this. Clark and his parents must be stunned! I can't wait for the conversation when he gets back from Kansas! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#88571 08/09/12 02:51 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
whether he was using this oasis of silence to try to come to terms with everything that had happened in the past few hours.
Nah, I’m guessing he’s going back and forth about whether he should tell her before or after the wedding.

She was missing something - a vital key that was needed to fit all the disparate pieces together.
Does it look like a red cape?

Before the storm had calmed, she'd blindsided him by announcing something she'd known for weeks - that her reply in Centennial Park had been hasty, ill-considered, borne of fear, and just plain wrong.
Actually, that’s called getting into the eye of the storm.

Her timing could not have been worse if her deliberate intention had been to try to sabotage his already precarious world.
I’m sure it could have been. There’s always a way to make things worse.

She wouldn't push him.

She'd never had an abundance of patience, but she owed him time.
So, 5 minutes? 10?

If that was what had happened, why weren't Superman's fingerprints on the weapon?
/points at Clark’s prints being found on the weapon/ wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88572 09/01/12 02:13 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Elizabeth

With all those door-knocking interruptions you certainly kept the suspense at full tilt throughout their conversation.
I toyed with the idea of having Jimmy come, too wink

Ken They usually work themselves out in my stories. smile

Sydney Glad you could catch up. It was probably better read in large slabs.

Vicki I haven't written too many revelation scenes. I'm so glad you liked this one.

Thanks, Lynn.

DC Thanks for giving your reactions to so many individual lines. Yep, it was casual, but we'd had enough angst earlier in the story.

Pat Of course, there will be wedding bells laugh but it's not in the scope of this story.

Kate Lois had done such a good job of investigating the murder, I couldn't let her fail to discover the biggest hidden fact! I'm glad you liked this version of Lois.

Morgana Yeah, it was a good place to finish the chapter. Poor Clark!

Laura There are so many revelation scenes in the FoLCdom - it's great you enjoyed this one, Laura.

Michael

So, 5 minutes? 10?
LOL - you know Lois so well, Michael!

Always a good idea to do what the Missus says.
Yep laugh

Thanks to everyone for commenting.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard