Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Corrina.

#88418 07/30/12 08:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here I was, about to go to bed, when, what to my wondering eyes did appear? A gift from Corrina, all wrapped with a shiny bow!

"The murder of Mayson Drake? I have a confession from the murderer. She testifies that you weren't there." Wolfe grunted. "Although in her rather twisted logic, she seems to think it was your fault she pulled the trigger because you refused to marry her and take responsibility for a child that isn't yours."
clap

"But she'll be looked after? She'll have access to medical care?"
So Clark!

"Other than continuing to suffer from a chronic lack of common sense and good judgement, she's fine."
clap clap

Was there a particular reason she wanted him to read her work? Had she included something in her story that was going to be controversial? Something about Superman? Or was she just trying to ease him through these first few minutes back in the office?
Yes. Nope. Probably not. No, not really.

"I promise you we'll talk later."
<points to empty conference room>

"As friends." She found his eyes and lingered there, igniting him. "And so much more."
*There* it is! laugh

"No." Lois's hand inched along the desk, and her fingertips settled over his. "How about we get these stories written and get to some place where we can be alone and talk in private?"
Sounds great! Who's up for some surriptiously used super speed?

"I needed coffee," he said with an apologetic shrug. "I wasn't finding it easy to concentrate."
Awww!

"She's an amazing woman."

"Yes."
Yup!

If it had been anyone other than Perry, Clark would have thought the editor was trying hard not to squirm.
laugh

Perhaps she believed in Clark, too.
Even more so than Supes.

"No. I said enough to kill the Star's story claiming you were the murderer, but I figured it might be easier on her family if they didn't find out via the media."

Clark tried to keep the surprise from his face.
Awww! He's rubbing off on her. Plus, Clark, you should probably call your folks and let them know things are okay now.

If there was to be anything between him and Lois - anything beyond being friends and partners - he had to tell her the truth.
<nods>

He'd often worried that telling her Clark Kent was Superman would lower her opinion of Superman and provoke her annoyance with Clark. Now, it seemed possible that telling her could lower her opinion of Clark and cause her to be exasperated with both of them.
E) All of the above?

There was one final hurdle. A *huge* hurdle. And Clark wasn't at all sure they would be able to overcome it.
Awww, it will be okay, Big Guy.

Um...so....more please? grovel

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#88419 07/30/12 11:01 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice work Corrina. I like the way you worked through the plot and have brought Lois and Clark to the turning point in their relationship. So much looking forward to the revelation!

Keep the parts coming!

Cheers
Elizabeth

#88420 07/31/12 02:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Once again, this is going to have to wait until this evening. Something to look forward to! laugh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88421 07/31/12 04:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina,

Wonderful chapter!

Seting up the reveal and making sure he's nervous about it. clap

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#88422 07/31/12 07:55 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Great chapter smile

"Other than continuing to suffer from a chronic lack of common sense and good judgement, she's fine."
This line made me chuckle, and I *loved* when Lois attacked Superman on Clark's behalf, leaving a befuddled Clark thinking the world had gone nuts. You write a really strong Lois who is hard not to love. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#88423 07/31/12 08:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll be back later to give my feedback, but quickly, I went back and watched the episode again. It was exactly as I remembered. When he broke the table trying to get his fingerprint, the policeman next to him says forget it, let's just get your mug shot, and they lead him off without getting his prints. After taking the mug shot, the police used the "mug shot" camera to take a bunch of pictures of themselves, all happy and smiling, posing with the man in blue. haha. So, no, no fingerprints of Superman.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88424 07/31/12 12:19 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The suspense is killing me. Will Lois be able to accept that Clark is Superman, or will they break up before even getting together? It could go either way! wink

#88425 07/31/12 01:40 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Great chapter Corrina. clap I just love it, when Lois tells Superman off. dance
I hope Lois is so happy to have Clark back, that she will forgive him for hiding his secret.

KateB
#88426 07/31/12 04:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome job. I loved the whole thing. I loved Clark's confusion about Lois. I loved Lois telling Superman off. great job! I can't wait for more!. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#88427 08/01/12 10:00 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Fantastic chapter. I loved Lois taking Superman to task and the phrasing of Clark's heart doing a celebratory dance.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I am wondering whether Lois had Clark check over the train collapse article because she has figured out that he's Superman, and her having him fact-check the article will come into play in the next section.

#88428 08/01/12 08:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There is no superlative to be added which has not been written already.

This was a very smoothly written detective story. Clark Kent could have no more loyal friend than Lois Lane and Superman had better keep that in mind!

What remains to be written?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88429 08/05/12 01:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The door to his cell swung open, and Clark looked up to see Wolfe.
/evil interpretation to make Clark squirm: They’ve come and brought Kryptonite and will now take him away

"You're free to leave," he said.
It’s a trap! They’ll follow him until he implicates himself by committing the next murder.

because you refused to marry her and take responsibility for a child that isn't yours."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88430 08/05/12 04:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yikes, chapter 14 is out and I still haven't given fdk on 13. Although part of the delay was just figuring out what to say. What can I possibly say that hasn't been said? I agree with every word: "A gift." Absolutely. "Wonderful." Yes! "Great." Yes! "Fantastic." And yes again! "Smoothly written." Indeed. You are such a great writer. I LOVE your stories!

My favorite part of this chapter was the one most quoted... Lois taking Superman to task. If I thought about it some more, I might be able to come up with another circumstance, but right now, all I'm coming up with are TOGOM stories, where Lois is angry that Superman did not save Clark. The thing is, in those, it's really a rather irrational anger. Yes, the anger is taken out on Superman, but it's really more a lashing out at the fates. "If only you had been here, you would have saved him." This, this is different. "You were here. You had the opportunity to help Clark, to stand up for your friend, and you didn't! What does that say about your character? About you as a friend? As a man?" Wow. Those are strong accusations. No wonder Clark was speechless!

I cannot wait to read the next chapter!
hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88431 08/30/12 03:26 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm hoping a general answer will suffice because many reader comments touched on Lois berating Superman (which I enjoyed, too smile )

Beside the fact that I thought it would be fun to write, I was trying to address Clark's 'I want her to love Clark, not the superpowers' obsession.

Even though Lois's defence of Clark was a good indication of her feelings, I figured Clark was too lunkheaded to accept it, so I needed her to make a bold statement of her loyalty to *Clark* (not Superman).

As Vicki said so clearly, Lois had to choose either Clark or Superman and she definitively chose Clark.

Also, this from Lynn ...

p.s., I am wondering whether Lois had Clark check over the train collapse article because she has figured out that he's Superman, and her having him fact-check the article will come into play in the next section.
One of my BRs mentioned the same point, and I re-read it trying to make it clearer. I wasn't trying to allude to anything other than she's trying to make his first few minutes in the newsroom as easy as possible by giving him something to do. As Clark said, he wasn't going to be a great help with the story, but Lois wanted to take his mind off people staring at him and possibly speculating about his guilt or otherwise.

Thanks for the FDK, everyone,

Corrina.

#88432 11/09/12 01:32 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Favorite parts:

"She'd never made a secret of the fact that she believed in Superman.

But after today ...

Perhaps she believed in Clark, too."

"We. That one word was the embodiment of everything Clark yearned for."

And the whole part when he walks in and they talk about what she 'was wrong' about.

Can't wait to see where it goes from here now that the murder investigation is over!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard