Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88222 07/22/12 02:56 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I had to choose between posting a new part and answering FDK. I posted the part, but please realise that I really appreciate those who have left comments.

Corrina. smile

#88223 07/22/12 05:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome part. I thought for sure Lana would spill the beans to Lois! Good job. It worked out well. I am looking forward to the next part and hope it won't be too long between posts. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#88224 07/22/12 06:24 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I had a feeling, that Lois would try to get Lana to confess. thumbsup The scene between Lois and Jimmy is priceless. evil
Wonderful part, Corrina. sloppy Thanks for posting today.

KateB
#88225 07/22/12 11:53 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
First, thank you for posting. wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88226 07/23/12 01:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Perfection. thumbsup

I might as well join the bandwagon and say the scene between Lois and Jimmy was priceless! You nailed their voices and expressions perfectly. It seamed nicely with the opening scene in the pilot with Lois exiting a cab after nailing the carjackers. She was dressed as a man and Jimmy had to remove the mustache. LOL!!! rotflol

This time around she's out to nail a murder suspect dressed as an over-the-top vamp. Love it!

The interplay between Lois and Lana was good, but I'm only sorry Mrs. McCreadle bopped Lana and not Lois. That crazy chick deserved it!

Only one question: how did Lois realize Lana would be watching/waiting for her?

Otherwise, this was a really great part and all of us are so glad posting won over answering feedback! We now patiently await your pleasure and look to see the next part of this fic.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88227 07/23/12 03:43 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi! I'm back. I just wanted expand a bit on what I said above and commend you again on your portrayal of Lois in this story. clap

I have read (and, may I add, enjoyed!) stories which focus more on her negative traits and how Clark was able to see past her flaws, tear down her walls, and find the "true" Lois underneath.

I admit I have read a few stories which portrayed Lois in a way that, to be honest, it was a mystery to me why Clark should love her at all! :rolleyes:

This story really lets Lois shine. We see all the attributes that Clark fell in love with: her loyalty, her resolve, her skills as an investigative reporter, her brilliant mind, her tenacity, her refusal to let evil triumph over good, her bravery. (OK, on that last one, Clark might add "recklessness" and "foolhardiness" laugh )

I really have enjoyed watching how she pieced the clues together and how she managed to get a confession out of Lana (without being killed in the process.)

The only thing more I could possibly ask of this story would be (crossing fingers and hoping this is what's to come): love

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88228 07/23/12 04:13 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Vicki, I absolutelly agree. I love stories where Lois shines. smile1 She usually does in Corrina's stories.

KateB
#88229 07/23/12 08:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina,

Wonderful chapter! hyper

I knew that once Lois was on the case she would get to the bottom of everything. clap

Using herself as bait was just the thing to get the goods on Lana. Typical Lois. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#88230 07/25/12 11:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Before she could discern his response, he was turned around and marched off between two cops.
Oh boy.

Lois gripped Henderson's jacket. "What about the clothes?" she said. "The Prada dress? Clark's jacket and tie? Did you get them tested for gunshot residue?"

He nodded. "Inconclusive."
The gun rubbed off?

Henderson sighed. "There was nothing on Clark's clothes. The dress had traces of something, but the area was small and almost twelve hours had passed since the shooting."
clap

"Where did you find the gun?"

"In the subway."
Oh boy. Oh boy. Did he lose it?

“I need the video recorder. I need it here in less than ten minutes."
/forehead eyes/

"Thanks, Jimmy." Lois slammed down the phone and went to search through her closet for exactly the right outfit.
What is she up to now…?

Lois quickly finished tying the knot in the black lace that weaved up her cleavage, pulling together the two sides of the shiny red halter-top.
Oh dear. Her outfit form Resurrection.

His eyes were popping, and he seemed to have lost the ability to move.
clap

"Are you *trying* to get yourself mugged?" Jimmy said in exasperation.

Lois hailed a passing cab. It stopped. "If that is what it takes."
I’m doubting she’s referring to Lana mugging her…

Yeah, that was where Clark had left it before turning his attention to trying to help
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

If Lana had been watching his apartment and had seen him with Lois … He had to try to protect Lois. "I took it from Lana Lang."
laugh

"I met Lana," he said.

"After the shooting? Or before?"

"After."

"When?" Wolfe fired. "Where?"

"When I was coming to the police station."

"When you came in earlier this morning?"

"No. Before that."
Well, at least he’s sticking to his earlier plan of having Wolfe pull out everything by using plyers.

"She said that if I came to you and told you she had been in my apartment, she would ..." Clark stopped. All he had was the truth, but he was painfully aware of exactly how implausible it would sound.

"She would what?" Wolfe said.

"She would kill Lois Lane."
Ooooooh!

If he were charged and found guilty, they would know that a normal prison cell wouldn't hold him. They would know they needed kryptonite.
Oh boy. Corrina’s fond of locking Clark up for decades and constantly exposing him to Kryptonite.

Lois directed the cab driver to stop one hundred yards from Clark's apartment and walked with clipped and purposeful steps, her high heels tapping loudly on the sidewalk as the wheels of her suitcase jolted behind her.
Ooooh! Bait!

She draped her lacy bra over the edge of the suitcase, its black colour providing a stark contrast to the pink.
More bait!

The woman stopped at the top of the stairs. "Who are you?" she said.

"I'm Lois Lane," she replied.

"*You're* Lois? Lois Lane?"
rotflol

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88231 07/25/12 11:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Really?" Lois said in heavy tones of disbelief. "That's strange. My boyfriend has never mentioned you."
drool

With a swift movement, Lana pulled a small handgun from inside the jacket.
Oooooh!

He'll marry me because I'm going to have a baby and he doesn't want me to tell everyone his secret."
/squints eyes/

He doesn't love the blonde hussy."

Finally, they were making some progress. "What blonde hussy?" Lois said, infusing her question with jealousy-tinged interest.
hyper So, what are you going to do with the remaining 4 parts?

"You must have worked out that he's not like other men."
That and the modestly. Could it be…?

Lana moved a little closer. "He's scared of intimacy," she said in a lowered voice.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#88232 07/30/12 11:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Henderson stalled her with a hand to her arm. "Lois," he said, "nothing we find on the shirt is going to change that Clark's prints are on the murder weapon."
Yup. He should have heat visioned the thing into a lump of unformed metal.

"Why not?"

"Lois," Henderson said in exasperation. "Even if we were able to ascertain that Lana Lang isn't in Smallville, it doesn't mean she's in Metropolis, let alone prove that she shot Mayson."

"It gives her opportunity."
Lois remains the only person thinking from every angle.

"I'm in my apartment. Bring the recorder and -"
So she'll find Lana and tape a confession?

His expression was that of a man who was being asked to achieve the impossible. "Can I touch?"
rotflol

He stepped sideways. "It is from this angle, but front-on, it's not too obvious unless you're concentrating on that spot." His gaze dropped. "It's not like there isn't anything else to look at."

Lois hitched up her skirt. "Is that better? Should I show more leg? Or more midriff?"

Jimmy's cheeks coloured. "Ah ... perhaps more leg. Try to draw the focus away from the camera."
rotflol

"I took it from Lana Lang."
Yeah, they'll believe that.

Wolfe laughed - hard and cold.
See?

"She would kill Lois Lane."
Yup.

"I knew I was the primary suspect in a murder case. I figured there was a good chance the gun I took from Lana was the murder weapon, and it had my fingerprints on it. I thought that if I came here and brought it with me, it would be tantamount to admitting I had killed Mayson."
True enough.

The world didn't know it yet, but Superman wasn't going to be seen again for a long time. It was going to look as if he had run away, too.
Yup. frown

If he were charged and found guilty, they would know that a normal prison cell wouldn't hold him. They would know they needed kryptonite.
<wince> I hadn't thought of that.

A woman marched in.

A woman wearing Clark's black leather jacket.

And oversized jeans.
Hehehe, Lana's going DOWN! laugh

Lois cackled. "You think Clark wants a baby?" she said scornfully. "With you?"
She's been taking lessons from Cat! laugh

"My Toleriane range of skin-care products. I bought them in Paris. They're the latest thing. I put them in the cabinet. After you and the old guy came early this morning, the gel was gone." She advanced a couple of steps. "I want it back."
<hands Lana a shovel to haste her own grave digging>

"He *does* want to be with me. I know everything about him. He'll marry me because I'm going to have a baby and he doesn't want me to tell everyone his secret."
Guess what, Clark? You're telling Lois your secret for SURE now! laugh

"Yes," Lana said, nodding importantly. A sudden smile dissolved her anger. "But she won't be back. I made sure of that."
laugh

"Yes. Just like I'm going to kill you."
jump

Lana moved a little closer. "He's scared of intimacy," she said in a lowered voice.
eek laugh

Lois found that ridiculously easy to believe.
<g>

Yep, Clark had probably been worried. About Lana's mental health. About the future for her baby. But it probably hadn't occurred to him that Lana would shoot Mayson and try to frame him.
<nods>

Lana was prostrate on the floor. The handgun was lying half a yard from her outstretched hand.
<pokes Lana with a stick> You dead?

In the doorway was Mrs McCreadie, her feet apart, her arms forward, her weapon pointed.
jawdrop

Lana's head and shoulders lifted.
<is relieved only because of the innocent child involved>

Also, neighbor lady rocks!

"I have proof," Lois said. "I nailed her cold. And I have an excellent witness."
<claps like a gleeful schoolgirl>

I. LOVE. LOIS. <g>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#88233 08/19/12 01:52 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura I tried to post this quickly, but I'm not getting as much time to write these days. I appreciate you sticking with the story even though I was slow in posting it.

Kate I could imagine the scene between Jimmy and Lois very clearly. Glad you enjoyed it.

Vicki I wanted Lois to save Clark (instead of Clark/Superman saving Lois). She doesn't have superpowers, but she has daring and intuition. This time, she was lucky. laugh

I agree with your later comment - sometimes, Lois is portrayed as downright unloveable.

Morgana

I might as well join the bandwagon and say the scene between Lois and Jimmy was priceless! You nailed their voices and expressions perfectly. It seamed nicely with the opening scene in the pilot with Lois exiting a cab after nailing the carjackers. She was dressed as a man and Jimmy had to remove the mustache. LOL!!
Exactly. laugh

Kate The show (early episodes) did give fanfic writers the scope to write nasty, cold Lois. I enjoy sometimes putting 'later Lois' into earlier stories.

Ken

Typical Lois.
That's always good!

Michael

Oh dear. Her outfit form Resurrection.
You remember that one, Michael? wink

And since I’m imagining an early-nineties camcorder, where *is* she thinking of putting it? Her new set of size-Hs?
The one they used in the pilot seemed a bit smaller than usual.

Umm…Only when it’s anyone but Lois. Okay, not true, he’s squiggles when it’s Lois, too. Especially when she’s wearing blue chiffon.
Squiggles clap

DC

Lois remains the only person thinking from every angle.
And because she's Lois, I can probably get away with it. cool

<pokes Lana with a stick> You dead?
LOL. But no, she's not. One murder was enough for me in this fic.

Thanks for the comments. I got a lot of laugh from your reactions to my Lois-being-Lois scene.

Corrina.

#88234 08/19/12 10:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Oh dear. Her outfit form Resurrection.

You remember that one, Michael?
It was used in many a fic over the years. wave Michael

#88235 08/20/12 03:19 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
From the pilot script ...

The woman nods and Jimmy sits on the edge of her desk, *
taking the corner of the mustache and then ripping it off. *
The woman squeals, but when she picks her head up we now *
see the real face of LOIS LANE, intrepid reporter for the *
Daily Planet. Lois is a twenty-six year old spitfire with
a "Just Do It" body. Momentarily forgetting her pain, *
Lois pulls out a tiny video recorder from her jacket, sets *
it on her desk and Dresses Play. *

LOIS
(proudly) *
I nailed 'em cold. *

We MOVE IN to the tiny picture on the video screen and *
then *

CUT TO: *

9 INT. DAILY PLANET NEWSROOM - TWO HOURS LATER 9*

We are still watching the video playback from Lois' *
adventures from the previous night -- Lois, in her young *
man get-up, helps make the arrest of a band of car thieves *
at the Metropolis pier.
I realise that sometimes what ended up on the screen is different to what is in the scripts, but I find the scripts a much easier and quicker resource to use.

At one stage in the writing/production process, it was meant to be a video camera.

Corrina. wave

#88236 08/20/12 03:39 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the info, Corrina. Didn't even occur to me that it could be in the scripts. Good catch smile

On an unrelated subject:
Lois is a twenty-six year old spitfire with
a "Just Do It" body.
Does that imply what the literal interpretation would indicate? If so, then it *is* funny what you find in series/movie scripts, since that's not the first time I've seen quite direct statements of the like in scripts. /points at Avatar script/

wave Michael

#88237 08/29/12 10:23 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just love that Lana's secret is both false and not all that powerful. Lois has even seen it disproved. She knows the problem is Lana, not Clark.

Now if only Clark will manage to not say anything to reveal his true secret.

John Pack Lambert
#88238 08/30/12 03:15 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
John

Because Lana didn't know the *real* secret, she also never came close to understanding why Clark didn't get intimate with her. She came up with a theory and thought she could use it manipulate him, but was wrong on both counts!

Thanks for the FDK,

Corrina.

#88239 11/09/12 01:10 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thank you, Lois!! Great idea to play off the jealousy angle!

And THAT was the big secret Lana 'knew' about Clark? She really is crazy!!!

So things are looking very good here, which is good because there for a bit I was scared for both Clark AND Superman! Poor Clark -- you're really putting him through the wringer on this one!

I'd say more, but I want to keep reading! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard