Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
peep Thoughts?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Awww. What a sweet ending to a fun piece.

And I'll definitely second the sentiment about parenting being the toughest challenge. For me, at least, it is by *far* the hardest (and the most rewarding) thing I have ever done in my life, or am ever likely to do.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Cute!
Thank you! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Awww. What a sweet ending to a fun piece.

And I'll definitely second the sentiment about parenting being the toughest challenge. For me, at least, it is by *far* the hardest (and the most rewarding) thing I have ever done in my life, or am ever likely to do.

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks, Lynn. Hubby and I are hoping to experience the challenge of parenting ourselves, one day.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Very funny and sweet. clap

KateB
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KateB:
Very funny and sweet. clap
laugh Thanks, Kate! Glad you enjoyed. I remember what it's like to be a *pre-teen* and staring at Dean's gorgeous body! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
That was super cute & fun! Love love love!

On a side note, my little sister's name is Rebecca Lynn, and, as the youngest, has been subjected to very similar conversations! Sooo funny!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
That was super cute & fun! Love love love!

On a side note, my little sister's name is Rebecca Lynn, and, as the youngest, has been subjected to very similar conversations! Sooo funny!
Thanks, ML! That's way too funny! I only came up with Rebecca Lynn because I like the first name (hubby won't entertain it for future daughters) and Lynn is my own middle name. wink And yes, she's Lois and Clark's youngest child! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I learned something in this story that I've never seen anywhere before: Clark didn't date Lana for her personality!

Clark doesn't want his little girl to be a growed-up person? I'm surprised! How did it take 16 years for him to meet his first bikini? If there ever was a time when there is a double standard it is with a daughter and a skimpy swim suit. Lois needs to get her turtle necked, knee length swimsuit out and see how Clark appreciates it.

Love it!
Pat

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm back from a quick business trip and what do I see? Another summertime fic! smile1

So at today at lunch I plan on opening up the website and having a little fun with my salad.

Thanks DC! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cute story.

It looks like I'm the only one here who thinks Clark should have won this argument. :rolleyes:

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I learned something in this story that I've never seen anywhere before: Clark didn't date Lana for her personality!

Clark doesn't want his little girl to be a growed-up person? I'm surprised! How did it take 16 years for him to meet his first bikini? If there ever was a time when there is a double standard it is with a daughter and a skimpy swim suit. Lois needs to get her turtle necked, knee length swimsuit out and see how Clark appreciates it.

Love it!
Pat
rotflol Pat! But, Clark doesn't have a problem with being able to sexualize his wife! wink And yes, he *is* just a man when it comes to the ladies. But geez, Lana must have looked *amazing* in that swimsuit for him to date her! wink

As for meeting the bikini, maybe this was the first time he wasn't off doing a rescue when she tried to slip out of the house in one? laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
I'm back from a quick business trip and what do I see? Another summertime fic! smile1

So at today at lunch I plan on opening up the website and having a little fun with my salad.

Thanks DC! hyper
Anytime, Morgana! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki:
Cute story.

It looks like I'm the only one here who thinks Clark should have won this argument. :rolleyes:
Thanks, Vicki. Clark's trying to keep his baby girl a baby forever. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Red Bikini
Hmm…Lois is going to wear a red bikini and Clark’s going to be all hot and bothered?

"No. No, no, no. Not in a million years."
Clark’s not happy about Lois going out in public like that?

On the other couch Lois sat, her arms crossed before her chest.

"Now, Clark," she started.
Sounds like it.

"It's just a bathing suit," Lois tried to reason with him.
Yep.

"It's barely big enough to be a handkerchief!" Clark said, shaking his head.
hyper Little Kara-El is adorable!

"I've been a sixteen year old boy, Lois. I know what sort of thoughts run through their heads."
All true. But still. She’s a Krytponian girl raised on Earth. He won’t need to worry about her getting into too much mischief.

Seeing my friends...my girl friends...in skimpy bathing suits. Why do you think I ever dated Lana? Her winning personality? No, I saw her in this tight little yellow bathing suit and...well....the rest is history."
Is that a crossover from Corn on a Cob?

"So you think...what, exactly? That our daughter is going to wind up dating one of her friends, someone who isn't good for her, because of how she's dressed?"
Duh!

They'll be sexualizing Becca in their heads. I may be from Krypton, but even I had those passing thoughts when I was sixteen."
What’s he going to do when she heads out for spring break in a couple of years?

Lois' face hardened. "So you think she'll do something stupid?"
/points to above notice on her physical condition/

"It's just...seeing her in that red bikini...it just reminds me of how grown up she's getting."
It could be worse: She could be wearing one with blue and gold mixed into it. And an S-shield or two.

"More alone time for the two of us," she whispered seductively in his ear.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
clap Very cute! I liked this a lot. Well done!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Super-villians. Deadlines. Time Travel. But nothing drives a loving parent (superhero or not) crazier then a teen-ager pushing for her independence.

Oh Vicki, you are not the only one on Clark's side. He should hold his daughter back from growing up, but slowing down the ride just a little bit is wisdom. Lois, sorry on this one you are WRONG.

Why do I say that? I have brothers... enough said.

Brilliantly done DC.

Can hardly wait for your next offering! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well done Vicki!

It recalled to my memory similar conflicts we had with our daughter.

All too accurately portrayed in your piece.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a really cute story. And it so reminds me of my parenting days.
Well done!
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard