Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87939 07/04/12 08:34 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Well, I was originally going to leave on my vacation after Part 20, but I just couldn't do that to Clark. I needed to let him to get his 2 cents in.

So, we'll stop here for the next several weeks. I may be tempted to post a part or two if I'm near a computer with a copy of my story in it, should demand be high enough. Although after only getting 2 FDK posts for Part 20, I'm guessing this won't happen. Just teasing, I know RL is insane during the first week of July. I know mine is (hence the vacation). I'll start posting again (regularly) Monday, July 23rd. FDK fuels my characters into action. wink

Thank you to all my readers, who have stuck with me despite this first story arc moving so slowly. After my vacation, I promise my story (timeline and part wise) will move faster. Some scenes with minor plot points will be summarized in flashback format during other scenes to move things along faster. Second Plot arc only took roughly 1/2 as many parts and covered 4x as much actual timeline time. dance

Okay, now that I'm done with the housekeeping stuff. Any comments? grovel

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:03 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Okay, Lois is having more and more flashbacks of her Clark. thumbsup

You never told us that Alt Clark had changed his hairdo. Unless I didn't pay close enough attention, I could have sworn that he wore it the same was canon Clark did. huh

Ugh, Lex had to rear his ugly head. I know, I know, he's in Matchmaker too. I had to have a villain and who better to hate than Lex. sad thud

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I can't tell you how glad I am that Alt-Clark didn't cave and settle for a relationship with Lois with him as Superman. With his insecurity, that was a viable option. But you also showed us that he was all too aware of the problems Lois might have if she were labeled as Superman's girlfriend.

I love Lois realizing this Clark is different than her original Clark:

“This feels all wrong, like you aren’t you,” she murmured before shooting her eyes to his. “Who are you?”
I keep thinking she might figure out Clark = Superman sooner, since this Clark lets more stuff slip.

I'm going on vacation too. Have a great one and looking forward to more when you return.

Joan

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

Great part. I love how Lois sees (remembers) all the differences between this Clark and "her" Clark, even if I have to agree with KenJ about Alt Clark's hairdo: I dont' remember anything different about his hairdo.

My favorite quote:
“His tie isn’t loud enough. He doesn’t eat junk food. He always uses the stairs. His glasses are completely the wrong style. His hair shouldn’t be parted down the middle like that. His apartment is empty, and he bought the wrong dishes,” she rambled off.
Too funny: I imagine Perry hearing that!

And I love how your story is sometimes funny and sometimes sad : poor Alt Clak, doesn't he belong anywhere? Why is he always the "Wrong Clark"? In this chapter, I really understand the title of your story. And it's so sad.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter, after your vacation... and after my own vacation. I'm leaving in a week.

Have a great vacation, Virginia!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Canon Clark's Hair: [img]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLNUzjuLjykWk2ySWjPAvzsiq-GywyHZWQwbhFgPTxD2x9Zm-mqA[/img] The Curl on the right side.

I tried to find a photo of alt-Clark's hair on the web, but the only one I could find was on Lois & Clark Archive which doesn't let you borrow images from their site. Anyway, Alt-Clark parts his hair down the middle with a curl on each side of his forehead. Even his Superman styles his hair slightly differently. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
“I pretended that you were him when I kissed you. I know I got a little carried away, and I apologize for that, but it was just a diversion, so Trask wouldn’t know the truth,” she explained with a shrug.

She had pretended that he was Superman? His hands formed fists, so that he wouldn’t take off into the clouds just to spite her. He needed this secret identity, and if he was ever going to blow it, it wouldn’t be outside the Bureau 39 stronghold. “No, Lois, I can’t do this.”
“Do what?” she said with confusion. “If it’s okay with Superman, I don’t see why not? You’ll get to be my partner in public, him in private. Perfect really. You’ll get all the top stories being my partner, and we’ll get cover. Don’t tell me you’re going to get a little pissy over holding my hand and a few light kisses for show. I promise I won’t be making out with you in the bullpen. That was a one-time only event.”
Uh huh. Let's just wait to see if a makeout session is actually part of the pheromone effect now, shall we? I think she's going to be eating these words.

Also, what man (outside of a gay one that's not planning on coming out of the closet anytime soon) would even consider the sort of arrangement she's suggesting an acceptable one? I can't imagine one and yes, that doesinclude Clark. How could she even consider that an option?

The excitement drained out of her and she crossed her arms with disappointment. “But… but… Superman’s…” She glanced at Clark in torment. He could see that she felt almost as badly about Superman’s missing spacecraft as he did, and his indignation softened; it didn’t dissipate, but it shrunk somewhat. She really did love him… Superman him, at least. Unable to resist, he put a reassuring arm around her shoulder.
It's too bad he's so adamant about Lois falling for Clark because these sorts of feelings support the Superman part of a Clark/Lois/Superman triangle of two.

“Lois,” Clark said, once they were gone. He needed to tell her he wasn’t going to be her cover story for her romance with Superman.

“Do you realize what we lost here, Clark?” she asked, resting her head against his chest.

His arms automatically went around her. “Yeah, I do.” How could he tell her he didn’t want to play her fake boyfriend, when all he wanted was to hold her in his arms?
Of course in some ways, accepting the option of being the public part of the public/private arrangement would truly activate the triangle of two. We only saw glimpses of it and only in season three/four but never this early.

She could see that the sadness in his eyes had turned to pain as if her words of love had stabbed him somehow. “I wish I could, Lois, but under the circumstances, I don’t see how I can.”

He turned towards the windows to leave and Lois set her hand on his arm again. “What circumstances, Superman? Please, tell me. I’ll do anything. I can’t live without you.”
YES!!! She's calling his bluff!

“Because no one will try to kill you if you were with Kent!” he said loudly, speaking over her apology as he started to pace. “And you also wouldn’t be tempted to jump from a plane, knowing that I would drop anything to come to your rescue. What if I had been on the other side of the world, Lois, helping with a natural disaster? What if I hadn’t heard you calling for me to help you because you had done something daring, thinking I’d always be there to save you? What if I found out too late, that your last words were my name on your lips, asking me to help, but I wasn’t there? Do you think I could live knowing that? With someone like Kent, you could live a full life without men threatening you, kidnapping you, and trying to kill you, as they would because of me. His love for you wouldn’t endanger you like mine does!”

Lois stepped up to him and set her hand on his arm, and asked softly, “You love me?”
Whoops, not quite the way you wanted to say that, right, Superman?

She gulped, dropping to her knees as he floated into the air. “No, please, we’ll find a way. Clark! Clark said he’d pretend to be my boyfriend so that nobody would ever know about us. He’s willing to do that to protect the two of us.”

Superman looked down at her sadly, dejectedly. “No, he didn’t, Lois, nor would I ever ask him to.” He turned and flew out of the window, taking her heart with him.
Good. Sorry Lois, but your suggestion would be even crueler to Clark had he actually BEEN a different person than the person behind the suit so it would stand to reason he wouldn't let her do that even if it's the same person in the end. With that said, the very reason he spoke it out loud will come back and bite him should she ever figure out his real identity.

“How dare you!” she screamed, barging into his apartment and marching into his living room.
“How could you tell Superman about our kiss? Now he thinks we’re some kind of item, that you’ve enacted the guy code or something, and he can’t date me because you called first dibs!” Lois hollered.
*snort* How in the heck did she come up with that? I mean she's the one that came up with that convoluted idea of Clark being her cover bf.

Waaaaiiiiiiit a minuuuuuuuute. Chuck. Cover boyfriend.

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol
How did I not see realize this sooner???

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope her real Clark shows up soon. I hope wrong Clark finds his Lois. I hope you post sooner then 2 weeks. Have a good time though. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
Hello wave

I've been lurking around for awhile but I finally had to come out of hiding to say that I love this story. I think a little part of my soul died when I read that you are going on vacation, but I'll try to hold on.

Poor Clark. Now he has Lex to worry about too. I liked that Lois is remembering more of her Clark. Can't wait to see what happens with that.

Sorry for the short review, I'll try to make them longer in the future.

X

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken: I may call it a "vacation", but it technically isn't. Because my children are still a 24/7/365 job I'll have for the next 14+ years, then it will be cut down to part-time (I'm hoping, except for the worrying which I'm guessing is with me for life). I have yet to spend a night away from them (I don't count hospital stays - because anyone will tell you THAT isn't a vacation) in over 7 years. wink So, I really DO need a vacation. I love them I do, but there may be a reason that my characters always end up in therapy. laugh

You never told us that Alt Clark had changed his hairdo. Unless I didn't pay close enough attention, I could have sworn that he wore it the same was canon Clark did.
He always wore his hair differently, except for that one time when he went into the Daily Planet during "Lois & Clarks" when he was impersonating Lois' husband. It's most obvious when his first arrives and when he leaves the townhouse at the end of the episode. I know I never noted it [Linked Image]. Thanks for reminding me to go back and make mention of his hairstyle (although unless he wears it long or shaves it off, most of us don't mention Clark's hair.) More on Lois' hair later. wink

Ugh, Lex had to rear his ugly head. I know, I know, he's in Matchmaker too. I had to have a villain and who better to hate than Lex.
You can't have S1 without Lex. I give him different motivation to do the things he does. thumbsup Have a good time!

I can't tell you how glad I am that Alt-Clark didn't cave and settle for a relationship with Lois with him as Superman. With his insecurity, that was a viable option. But you also showed us that he was all too aware of the problems Lois might have if she were labeled as Superman's girlfriend.
No, I've done that in another story. I needed to give him a new plot to trip over. And, yes, he learned this lesson two seasons earlier than canon Clark did.

I keep thinking she might figure out Clark = Superman sooner, since this Clark lets more stuff slip.
You think that Lois will figure it out before the Summer of 1995?! I hope so too. wave We'll miss you!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thank you again for the long FDK. hyper I'm always excited to see something from you.

Uh huh. Let's just wait to see if a makeout session is actually part of the pheromone effect now, shall we? I think she's going to be eating these words.
[Linked Image]

Also, what man (outside of a gay one that's not planning on coming out of the closet anytime soon) would even consider the sort of arrangement she's suggesting an acceptable one? I can't imagine one and yes, that doesinclude Clark. How could she even consider that an option?
Yes, as I was reading it again when I posted it last night, I was thinking he could so TOTALLY sue her for this... Lois is very lucky that the Sexual Harrisment laws are very lax in Metropolis. (Otherwise Cat would have been put out of business long ago.) Oh, and that Clark's a fool in love.

It's too bad he's so adamant about Lois falling for Clark because these sorts of feelings support the Superman part of a Clark/Lois/Superman triangle of two.
[Linked Image]

Of course in some ways, accepting the option of being the public part of the public/private arrangement would truly activate the triangle of two. We only saw glimpses of it and only in season three/four but never this early.
<<see above referenced whistler>> wink I'm glad you pulled these lines out to quote. These are canon lines, but I enjoyed putting different motivation to them. It doesn't always work smoothly, but here it did.

YES!!! She's calling his bluff!
Yep, Clark, you've need to work on your speedier exits. clap

Whoops, not quite the way you wanted to say that, right, Superman?
Clark: << [Linked Image]>> She would only hear *that* line.

Good. Sorry Lois, but your suggestion would be even crueler to Clark had he actually BEEN a different person than the person behind the suit so it would stand to reason he wouldn't let her do that even if it's the same person in the end. With that said, the very reason he spoke it out loud will come back and bite him should she ever figure out his real identity.
I personally like MAD Lois. So, she'll show up a lot, especially when Clark tries to get her to go off chocolate. (Just kidding! He's not THAT... well, he might be THAT stupid, but he doesn't do that.)

*snort* How in the heck did she come up with that? I mean she's the one that came up with that convoluted idea of Clark being her cover bf.
Clark: Superman, I know you like Lois, but I've been in love with her since the moment I saw her, which was a good week before you showed up. Now, she's *kissed* me, so I've got dibs! You've got to let me have my chance first, because once you've kissed her, she'll never come back to me.

<<This delusion brought to you by the wild imagation of one Lois Lane>>

<<LOL guys>>

What? Is that a spoiler for another show?! shock <<Hmmmm. I wonder if Netflix still has that on their Instant List?>>

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Thank you! smile1 Always nice to hear. <<See Note Below>> Define "soon". (You *did* read The Superman Effect , didn't you?)

X Phile: Wow! You delurked for my little story?! blush hyper Welcome officially to the boards! I hope you come to play often. wave

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Christina: Thank you again for the long FDK. hyper I'm always excited to see something from you.

<<LOL guys>>

What? Is that a spoiler for another show?! shock <<Hmmmm. I wonder if Netflix still has that on their Instant List?>> [/b]
On "Chuck" Sarah is Chuck's cover girlfriend for the first couple of years. During that time he dated a few other people but always went back to wanting her in his life as more than simply a cover.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Christina, I figured that out from the one episode and many previews I saw of that show. It's on my list with Castle as something to check out, someday, when I've made it all the way through Adventures of Superman and Smallville. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For those of you still curious on how Alt-Clark's looks differ from canon Clark, please check out this thread: Alt-Clark vs. Canon Clark\'s Hair (or was it "Canon Clark vs. Alt-Clark's Hair"?) Anyhow, some great photos. The first one of alt-Clark is from "Tempus Anyone?", when he wore it more slicked back like Superman. The other three are from "Lois and Clarks" even one with Jimmy when he was impersonating canon Clark. You may notice back in "Tempus Anyone?" picture, he's wearing the black oxford sans tie (as in this last scene in Part 21) and a simple, non-colorful grey tie in the photo with Jimmy from "Lois and Clarks". Many thanks to DC and Andreia for supplying links and photos and illustrating my point so beautifully! thumbsup

VirginiaR.
---
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
Welcome officially to the boards! I hope you come to play often.
Thank you! I hope to be around for awhile.

Oh, we can't have your soul die! hyper hyper Awww, thanks!
It makes my day to see a new post. I swear I've never been to work early so many times in my life than when I started reading this. Usually I hit snooze once or twice or eight times before I get up and zombie off to work and get there JUST on time. But now, every other day at least, I am up and awake once that alarm goes off to read your story and thus, get to work 10 minutes early.

Good luck with the birthday party. Sounds like fun smile

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">PS: Love your screen name! wave
Thanks! I'm a bit crazy about The X-Files... smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Clark said he’d pretend to be my boyfriend so that nobody would ever know about us."
Everyone else has already said it, but Lois is being cruel here.

I wonder if Clark will think less of Lois because she made this outright lie.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: wave

It makes my day to see a new post. I swear I've never been to work early so many times in my life than when I started reading this. Usually I hit snooze once or twice or eight times before I get up and zombie off to work and get there JUST on time. But now, every other day at least, I am up and awake once that alarm goes off to read your story and thus, get to work 10 minutes early.
I'm your reason for getting up in the morning and going to work? <<bites nails>> No pressure there! shock Well, let's hope your boss doesn't find out and send wildguy after me during my vacation. wink

Good luck with the birthday party. Sounds like fun
Hopefully it will be for the 3-8 crowd. I'm only hoping to survive with as little blood loss as possible.

IolantheAlias: Yep, well she is offering to help him with his career as a trade. Nope. Still cruel. Don't worry, she'll get it dealt back to her, in spades (and not hearts).

I wonder if Clark will think less of Lois because she made this outright lie.
Um... Less of Lois? No, Clark can only think less of himself and of bad guys by the name of Lex Luthor. Lois, in his opinion, has a rocket on her back and she's shooting upwards towards the stars (in a good way) on her way to the top of that nice pedistal he's built for her. Good thing it's made of steel and is as strong as he is or it might break or something. And *then* where would our favorite couple be? Her a red spot on the ground, him floating above it blaming himself. <<trying really hard not to use the Splat Devil here>>

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The warehouse was empty.
/laughs maniacally and points at Clark/ [Linked Image]
(what, does one always have to be mature?)

His words lacked conviction, probably because he felt numb. Superman’s spaceship was lost. His relationship with Lois had dissolved into thin air. The alien hunters were free and still after him. In the course of ten minutes, he had lost everything. At least Lois still loves Superman, he scoffed. Terrific.
So, not that great a day, afterall…

“What we’ve got here is cosmic Watergate,” Lois went on.

Well, Clark wouldn’t go that far.
That’s true. They wouldn’t have a term for the events surrounding the New Kryptonian wedding and honeymoon if they already used ‘Watergate’ here.

Rarely were aliens shown as helpful, benevolent beings. Selfish, planet-conquering savages were more often the norm.
See? Still out there that variety.

He nodded weakly, following her blindly into Hades.
Nice follow-up.

“Do you realize what we lost here, Clark?” she asked, resting her head against his chest.

His arms automatically went around her. “Yeah, I do.” How could he tell her he didn’t want to play her fake boyfriend, when all he wanted was to hold her in his arms?
hyper that Lois is still considering an encounter with Lex to be less appealing than a second night in the sewers.

Don’t tell her that suddenly she had become the belle of Metropolis.
All she needs is a Beast™.

She picked up another Whopper and again tried to toss it into her mouth. It was more difficult, while on the phone, but she made the catch nonetheless. Two points and a piece of chocolate for her!
clap

“I know that you would protect someone to your dying breath… That is the man I love. What I’m trying, and clearly failing to say, is that when you meet your soulmate, you want your happily ever after to start as soon as possible. Can’t you believe that?”

She could see that the sadness in his eyes had turned to pain as if her words of love had stabbed him somehow. “I wish I could, Lois, but under the circumstances, I don’t see how I can.”
:devil-splat:

“What circumstances, Superman? Please, tell me. I’ll do anything. I can’t live without you.”
How about he tells her to enter in a relationship with Clark and be his live-in girlfriend for at least a year. Then, if she still wants to, Superman would be available.

“Clark! Did he tell you about the kiss on Trask’s plane? That meant nothing, Superman, I promise. It was just a diversion.” She would kill Chuck! How dare he?!
clap Other life. Other dimension. Other Clark.

“These are wrong. These aren’t the right dishes,” she mumbled.
evil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“No, you aren’t.” She moved her hand up to his glasses; this time, he stopped her by putting his hand on hers. “You… look… different,” Lois whispered.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: This one and two more and I'll be caught up. Well, at least on MY FDK.

/laughs maniacally and points at Clark/
(what, does one always have to be mature?)
What? He hasn't had a hard enough day as it was?

So, not that great a day, afterall…
No, not really.

That’s true. They wouldn’t have a term for the events surrounding the New Kryptonian wedding and honeymoon if they already used ‘Watergate’ here.
I don't see the parallels but okay. Well, if you looked at it from Nor's POV, it might work.

See? Still out there that variety.
Not that Clark's ever met. Well, canon Clark met those crazy NK's but... they don't count, because they were Kryptonian... kind of.

Is that when he stumbles over his own feet?
If he walks around his living room often enough in both Clark clothes and the Super suit, they are bound to cross paths at some point. But since it was Clark speaking, he doesn't always stick on the good side of truth, like Superman tries to.

Yes, but he’d rather sleep his way to the top.
BUT... he's not getting any!

Great IVY. And that Lois is still considering an encounter with Lex to be less appealing than a second night in the sewers.
No IVY in this story. Lois came up with those thoughts all on her own.

All she needs is a Beast™.
LOIS: ooooh. hyper Could he wear blue and come from outer space?

How about he tells her to enter in a relationship with Clark and be his live-in girlfriend for at least a year. Then, if she still wants to, Superman would be available.
Okay, maybe not "anything."

Ouch. That slap must have hurt her.
Hey! But she slapped him first!

Sobs? Even in Lex’s delusional mind, Lois’s response wouldn’t constitute sobs, would they? Yammering, sure.
But tears don't make a sound. How about sniffling?

He’s bored. Quick, get him a puppy to toture!
Um... Michael, he already has a dog. (As seen in the Requiem episode... of course, nobody ever saw that dog again so clap

That’s a non- sequitur if I ever saw one.
She's going back to their previous conversation about Clark telling Superman about Lois jumping from the plane.

Wait, she’s trying to convince us that she has a sixth sense about when men, or even just Clark, is lying to her? Yeah, right.
No, just Perry, but don't worry, he doesn't buy it any more than we do.

Your Lois is sooo adorable!
blush Thank you. I hope you don't send her off to the Luthor House for the Mentally Unstable anytime sooon.

There’s a loophole in there.
In Perry's mind there's ALWAYS a story to write about, but yeah.

She suddenly reminds me of a female major in some spy movie.
So, you think she's going to fall for the spy?

/hands her a green knife/
clap

And if he tells her that she should just talk to Clark in that case?
[Linked Image]

I did notice she still took the coffee.
Why let it go to waste? huh

And another slap.
Lois did pull that 'ordinary man' speech on Clark, and dumped him on the newsroom floor when they didn't technically have a relationship.

He’s a Clark now. Not an Alt-Clark! Well, a Fake-Clark. Flark?
If he was named Clark by the Kents in his dimension, how does that make him a Flark?

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard