Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87381 06/16/12 08:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

[Linked Image] How about them dominoes?

Anything you'd like to note? Comments taken all hours of the day or night. laugh

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:22 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
This part could keep up with the best of slapstick. I could hardly get a breather while reading, I had to laugh that often. Keep it up!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

It's Sunday and I just read Part 11 and Part 12.

You know, I love this Cat. May be Clark should choose her... wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What a great use of Cat! I love her 'discrediting' Lois - what a riot! Can't wait to read what happens between her and Clark next chapter.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just a quick note to tell you I'm still reading, still enjoying. Each chapter brings new surprises, and I very much enjoy seeing if I can catch all the little (and some very BIG!) differences as alt-Clark "re-lives" Clark's life. I also get a kick out of it when you have alt-Clark having an entirely different motive for doing something, yet ending up doing the exact same thing Clark did. Your stories are very imaginative, and quite fun to read.

smile1

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lara Joelle Kent: blush Thank you. I'm glad Cat's assistance with Lois' problem worked. wave Thanks for checking in. Always great to know others are still out there lurking the background.

Each chapter brings new surprises, and I very much enjoy seeing if I can catch all the little (and some very BIG!) differences as alt-Clark "re-lives" Clark's life. I also get a kick out of it when you have alt-Clark having an entirely different motive for doing something, yet ending up doing the exact same thing Clark did. Your stories are very imaginative, and quite fun to read.
Thank you. I've tried to make something different from every scene I've borrowed from canon, which sadly in this first section of story, is quite a few. More and more scenes will be original as more dominoes fall. It's an ebb and flow. They meet with many of the same problems (criminals) but handle them differently.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I put it in the wrong place again. I'll start reading before I write, one day. Thanks labby for being patient with me.

I think I spotted a few flaws in this universe: Clark can't keep his powers secret, Lois can't behave like a normal female with a god-in-a-cape, Cat is too good at people watching, and Perry is having an Elvis-on-the-toilet day. The government(!?) men are also having a bad day. Their time for finding out the truth got cut short and they don't know anything more than they did before they got to the Daily Planet.

With all that has gone wrong so far, it seems the title should change from "Wrong Clark" to "Can Anything Go Right for Clark?" Poor baby! He's not having a good first week at the Planet! All those high hopes for what would happen with Lois, and instead he's been outted by Cat (privately, but still outted), dismissed as useless by Lois, and even overlooked as unimportant by the very government men searching for him in his other identity.

Guess I'll have to read more of this one. It's sure not the piece of cake H.G. Wells thought it would be. Then again, he didn't know the writer of this piece of work, did he? Surprise him, Virginia!

Pat
Hi, Pat! smile1

It's sure not the piece of cake H.G. Wells thought it would be. Then again, he didn't know the writer of this piece of work, did he? Surprise him, Virginia!
Um... I don't think HG Wells described it as a piece of cake. HG Wells wanted Clark to try his hand at wooing Lois, realize that this early Lois wasn't interested in his Clark-side and go back to his dimension realizing that he shouldn't go back in time and save his Lois, because he could have just as bad of luck. Then this Lois wouldn't go crazy for thinking she's hearing her Clark's voice and be able to save her own dimension from catastrophe herself (as we witnessed her able to do in countless situations in Another Lois) Personally, HG Wells was underestimating this Clark.

Thanks for the Feedback, Pat. I'm glad I'm still keeping my characters (and my readers) on their toes. hyper

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, Clark couldn’t see the assistance himself. Cat seemed to be humiliating Lois more than helping her.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

There are *so* many great lines in this chapter! It kept me rolling on the floor laughing throughout.

Kerth
Kerth
laugh at Lois' story about dating Clark. Another memory (slightly) comes to the surface. When is she going to realize they're something more than just a runaway imagination?

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Actually, Clark couldn’t see the assistance himself. Cat seemed to be humiliating Lois more than helping her.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

There are *so* many great lines in this chapter! It kept me rolling on the floor laughing throughout.
Thanks, IolantheAlias, your pleasure is my pleasure. smile1 Cat is fun to write.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> laugh at Lois' story about dating Clark. Another memory (slightly) comes to the surface. When is she going to realize they're something more than just a runaway imagination?
Ah, you recognized that scene from 'Lucky Leon', did you? Two points to Mouse! Lois isn't exactly psychic but she does have a lot of deja vu. It's kind of hard to know you have repressed memories when your life keeps repeating itself, keeps repeating itself, is repeating itself...

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Ah, you recognized that scene from 'Lucky Leon', did you? Two points to Mouse!
Two points! dance Yes... I'll save those for something later... perhaps they will add up to a spoiler? wink
Lois isn't exactly psychic but she does have a lot of deja vu. It's kind of hard to know you have repressed memories when your life keeps repeating itself, keeps repeating itself, is repeating itself...
It's like Groundhog Day! Except Bill Murray doesn't remember that he repeated the day already... Out of curiosity, will Lois ever remember? Nevermind... you probably won't answer that. Although I wonder, what's my point bank looking like and how much does a spoiler cost? laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
It's like Groundhog Day! Except Bill Murray doesn't remember that he repeated the day already... Out of curiosity, will Lois ever remember? Nevermind... you probably won't answer that. Although I wonder, what's my point bank looking like and how much does a spoiler cost? laugh
I thought Bill Murray figured it out towards the end? (It's been a while, great flick though help , which I personally think makes them more fun (frustrating) to read. I've been more dilligent ever since about not letting too many spoilers slip through; therefore, the only way to get extra spoilers, besides volunteering to Beta (sorry, all full up at the moment) is to read my WHAM Warning , which reminds me, I've been meaning to update that recently. Thanks. laugh

Ooooh. I know. hyper Maybe you can cash in all your FDK point towards the end of this story and I'll forward you an advance on Part 1 of Book 3... which hasn't been fully written yet (although the basic plot is starting to gel in my head). evil

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like it!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
I like it!
Thanks, Laura. That was fun. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Caught my FDK up with my reading! goofy

He stared at her for a moment, almost wishing he could read minds, so he could know what in the hell she was thinking.
Umm…I don’t think he’d truly want that. He’d never be able to wear The Suit™ again. And even his business suit might be impractical.

Lois appeared irate at whatever they had asked her, and by making her mad, they had also made him mad.
laugh

“Lois is a big girl. She can take care of herself; let her,” Cat reminded him.
clap

Witch-hunt? Superman? Dissection like frogs? ‘If you need to bolt, give me a sign, and I’ll make a distraction,’ Cat had told him. Clark gulped. Bolting sounded like a tempting, viable option.
evil

“Whatever happened between Superman and me is my business, and it has nothing to do with national security,” she was yelling at the men.
She’s making it worse, I think.

. “Stand back, Clark, and don’t get involved. I’ll take care of this.”
laugh

“Superman is my source, and I don’t have to reveal my sources,” Lois screamed, trying to escape the agents.
But…but she *wants* to unveil that source.

Why would they want to take Lois in if she and Superman had made love?
They’re not concern about love. It’s the sex bit that’s problematic.

“Butt out, Cat. I’m not fodder for tomorrow’s headlines!” Lois roared.
Yes. But would you rather it reads ‘Female reporter was on top of Superman’ or ‘Lois Lane arrested for soliciting alien’?

“Ms. Lane engaged in sexual relations with Superman, and we need to examine her to make sure she isn’t infected by him,” the lead agent told Perry.
shock

Clark stumbled backwards. Infected? He didn’t have any STDs. What in the hell did they mean by… oh, crap, impregnated.
shock

What kind of examination were they planning on conducting on Lois?
Umm…points at the military’s OB/GYN station.

“I told you he never even came into my apartment,” Lois said adamantly,
So, they already consummated on the roof, then?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cat Grant exploded into a loud guffaw of laughter. “You think Lois… Lois Lane had sex with Superman?” She doubled over, gasping for air.
goofy

Cat Grant had figured out his secret identity.

Cat Grant knew he was Superman, and she was trying to protect his secret identity.
Yep. More sex for her later.

Glasses? Phaw! He knew that was a stupid disguise. How in the hell had that other Clark Kent been able to keep his identity secret for over four years?
laugh Goooood question. Did Prime Cat know, too.

“What in the hell are you laughing at?” Lois screamed at the woman, which only seemed to make Cat laugh harder. “It could’ve happened.”
/cocks eyebrow/ Not in this universe.

She’s stiff, tense, bitter, sarcastic, and wears her shirts buttoned up to her neck, and her skirts past her knee.
/goes back checking/ Huh. I could have sworn someone mentioned her wearing above knee skirts in Season 1. Huh…

I doubt she knows what good sex feels like, let alone experienced it recently.” Cat looked Lois up and down, and the head agent did the same. “If I would have to hazard a professional opinion, and as a gossip columnist it is my duty to know these things, I’d say that it’s been…” She contemplated Lois while considering her answer. “Did you have sex while in the Congo, Lois?”
I wanted to find the one that spews water, but… [Linked Image]

“So, longer then? Over two years?” She began to chuckle. “Lois, Claude? Really, Lois, Claude was the last man you had sex with? Uh, poor you.”
Wow, Claude turned her into a drone. Good for us.

“I can see why you think that she’d have sex with Superman. She’s really hard up.”
Oh boy.

Lois eyes shot to Clark. “You bastard!” she screamed as if it were his fault that Cat had brought up Claude.
eek /goes to see doctor for whiplash/

Oh, no, Lois thought Clark had spilled her deepest secret to Cat. No, no, no, no! Clark shook his head adamantly. Lois didn’t believe him.
/imagines Clark standing here with wide eyes and open mouth, frantically wagging index finger/

Do you really think that if Superman came to this planet to have sex that he would have tried to seduce the ice queen over there, instead of someone like me?”
Yes. He doesn’t want to catch anything. Plus, he doesn’t like to wait in line. He’s more of a ‘counter is closed, please wait a couple of hours’ kind of a guy.

/raises hand/ I can see her helping.

Well…” she purred. “It wouldn’t take an instant.”
clap

“Maybe the man’s not any good,” suggested the government man.
Oooooh!

Oh, kill me. Kill me now, thought Clark. End this misery.
No, let’s continue it for a bit.

“Trust me, with all of his talents, I doubt he’s called Superman just because he can fly.”
I heard he’s stiff as a board.

“And you won’t, because I wouldn’t… never… I’m not…”
Yes, it’s not really called ‘making love’. Plus, Cat should be just about bursting right now.

“I don’t know, Clark,” Cat said, breezing by, with a grin and wink. “I think you sleep with Superman every night, have been for years.”
clap

“And I never told them that I slept with Superman,” Lois said, trying to save her good name.
Lois, nobody ever insinuated that there was any sleeping involved.

“It’s not my fault that they inferred that I had slept with Superman, just minutes after meeting the guy,” Lois continued in self-defense. “That’s not who I am.”
/cocks eyebrow/ Only because you didn’t have any red kryptonite.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“But if you start sleeping with him, you need to tell me in private, because I couldn't have you writing his stories. You would no longer be an unbiased reporter.”
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Michael: Ooooh. A 3-parter FDK! clap evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A 3-parter FDK! [Dance] I did enjoy writing this scene, yes.
laugh

quote: Now I only need to catch my reading up with the boards

Part 16 goes up tonight.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard