Kerth
Comments go here!

Thanks,

Corrina.

#87265 06/12/12 04:48 PM
Kerth
Kerth
hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87266 06/13/12 12:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
poor clark, he needs to man up and put Lana in her place

can't wait to see what will happen next

great job!

#87267 06/13/12 01:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That man has GOT to develop a backbone.

It is completely understandable Clark is hestitating to hurt Mayson's feelings. Lana on the other hand is another kettle of fish.

I did not think you could write anything to top Trusting Me, Trusting You, but here it is.

Chapter Two please.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#87268 06/13/12 06:35 AM
Kerth
Kerth
eek Oh boy, someone is in trouble. It's a good thing she's been in Europe while he was in Metropolis, isn't it? *still being hopeful* However, a paternity test might be a problem for Clark. XD

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#87269 06/13/12 10:02 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Posted by angelsgmaw:

Sorry, I put this in the wrong place. Longer night than I first realized.

Welcome back, Corrina. You jump right in with both feet, don't you?

Clark has got to develop a spine! First he can't admit to Lois he really, REALLY loves her, then he can't get rid of Mayson without hurting her so he just lets the relationship keep on going, and now he has Lana back on the scene with a virgin birth happening. (The virgin part is about him not her, but that still is a miracle birth.)

This looks like your usual bumpy ride, so I have fastened my seatbelt. Bring on Lana, because if there is anyone who will make it where he finally gets the nerve up to talk to Lois and Mayson about his feelings, it will be after Lana has done a full number on him.

Pat

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#87270 06/13/12 12:26 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
A new Corrina fic! hyper

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87271 06/13/12 03:05 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome, another Corrina fic! You have made my year!

thumbsup

Cheers
Elizabeth

#87272 06/13/12 07:21 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Yay! You're back!

as for the story - I think I have whiplash! can't wait for Lois to come back!!

#87273 06/13/12 08:50 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
G'day everyone wave

Thanks so much for the FDK.

Mouserocks I loved all your possibilities for how Clark could be Accused. I also thought it was interesting that you assumed Clark was going to be the one facing the music! (That was merely a comment, not meant in any way to hint at what might be coming laugh )

Seme True, but Clark Kent finds it difficult to man up against pregnant women.

Morgana Glad you're enjoying it, Morgana. As for Clark and a backbone, we'll see.

LJK Two very good points (neither of which necessarily have anything to do with this fic.) First, Lana being in Europe while Clark is in Metropolis doesn't necessarily disallow paternity considering CK=S. And secondly, there are some procedures (such as a paternity test) that Clark would very definitely want to avoid.

Pat

You fastened your seat belt? LOL.

Clark has got to develop a spine! First he can't admit to Lois he really, REALLY loves her, then he can't get rid of Mayson without hurting her so he just lets the relationship keep on going, and now he has Lana back on the scene with a virgin birth happening.
In Clark's defence, he *did* tell Lois he loved her a couple of months ago. She responded by almost marrying Luthor. Now, he's trying really hard to be a 'friend'.

Sydney cool about the cliffhanger. When I first wrote this, that bit was halfway through the first chapter. But then, the first chapter got waaaay too big, so I had to look for somewhere to put a chapter break.

Elizabeth Hi from across the ditch!

You made one comment that had me rotflol Not because of what you said but because it is so shock given what is coming.

As for a posting schedule - the fic is written, although Part 15 is still very undeveloped. I'm doing another read through, hoping I'll get some inspiration for 15. However, when I re-read 2, I realised a scene was missing, so I added it in, and now it's really big. I looked for somewhere to split it, but there's nowhere. So, even if you have to wait a couple of days for 2, at least when you get it, the story should move along quite nicely.

Sarah Whiplash? I'm not sure if I should laugh or apologise. Lois entering this situation could be interesting.

Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting.

Corrina.

#87274 06/14/12 01:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark is such a door-mat when it comes to Lana... razz Please, when he was a boy it was understandable that he would be in awe of her and bow to all her wishes, putting up with her petulance. After all, he was a farm boy that knew nothing about life and didn't know what to do of his strange abilities, with no friends besides her. But now he is a (super) man and a well known reporter that traveled the world. He has a life, friends and a job. It's ridiculous that he keeps on being tongue-tied around her and allowing her to take over his life. [Linked Image]

The same with Mayson... He has to be honest and tell her that he is not interested. It's not fair to lead her on while while he's in love with Lois. Being rejected hurt, but would he like it if Lois had accepted his declaration of love and kept on mooning over Superman? Even being Superman he was never comfortable with her adoration of his alter ego. What he is doing with Mayson is worse, because he's in love with another (real) woman, not an alter ego.

Be a man, Clark! Honor your tights... er... pants. blush

/me waiting a new part: [Linked Image] Impatient? Who?

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#87275 06/14/12 07:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina!!! help

I certainly echo everyone else's request for Clark to stand up for himself, but we already have seen Alt-Clark let Lana push him around, and our Clark never could bring himself to tell Mayson to her face he wasn't interested. Didn't Lois call him once a "doormat for women"?

On the other hand, one of the things that I found so attractive about Clark was how he wasn't afraid to stand up to Lois. wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87276 06/14/12 11:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Corrina! hyper

That was wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87277 06/14/12 04:06 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I need to know your posting schedule! Because this one promises to be a bumpy ride and my seat belt is at the cleaners!

No, really, that cliffie was most unexpected. I wonder if Lana is really pregnant or if she just came up with that to try to scare Mayson away. If so, did it work? And how will Lois react when she hears this "news?" Who will tell her, Clark or Mayson or (shudder) Lana?

Hmm. Clark has two obsessive women chasing him, one whose head is not screwed on tightly enough. It's bad enough that Mayson is willing to slip in close to him and all but knock him to the floor, but now that nutjob Lana is here there's no telling where he'll end up.

So, next part yet?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#87278 06/14/12 08:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina,

Another amazing fic and off to a great start.

This looks like it is shaping up to being a four sided triangle, in the metaphorical sense.

I wonder where Lois has been for a week.

Clark does meet to stop being Lana's doormat. He also needs to be honest with Mayson.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87279 06/15/12 10:53 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi again, Corrina!
Let’s see about that FDK smile1

Accused
I have no idea what to think of that title. So many possibilities.

She’d been gone for less than a week, but it felt as if all his enthusiasm for living had gone with her.
She’s cruising the Bermudas?

But without Lois, something vital was missing.

Like apple pie - with no apple.

A skiing vacation - with no snow.

A song - with no melody.
clap

Did that mean she was in Metropolis now? Could he call her? Could he? Just to say ‘hi’?
He’s adorable!

Last Wednesday, she'd left abruptly after receiving a phone call, bombarding him with instructions for their current stories as she'd quickly cleared her desk.
Huh.

Tomorrow. Seven o'clock - just over nine hours away. When he arrived at the Planet, she would be there. Or about to arrive.
clap

And he didn’t want Mayson to think there was a possibility of anything beyond friendship with him.
Isn’t he tad late for that?

Then, because he'd felt guilty, he’d tried to be extra nice to Mayson as they'd spent the evening together.
Like that’s not going to backfire. But he could tell Lois that he only courted Mayson because he felt guilty for preferring Lois.

Which meant her goodnight kiss had lingered – and he’d gotten the sense that if he'd pushed for more, she would have eagerly complied.
Oh dear. She *is* rather speedy.

Her disappointment had been palpable as she had snatched up her bag and left rather abruptly.
I’ll say. All that shaving her legs had been for nothing.

As Clark had eaten breakfast with Mayson, he'd tried.
sad

"You're home late," his neighbour commented. "Did you go out for a meal?"
Oh boy.

"Are you expecting company?"

"Nothing planned."

Mrs McCreadie smiled and patted his arm. "Perhaps you'll get a nice little surprise then."
Oh boy. Oh boy. And considering, his dear neighbor probably is not too sure about his monogamist ways.

As he reached the bottom of the stairs, a sound came from his bedroom. A footstep. Clark snapped around, his heart plummeting. Mayson was here? Waiting for him? In his *bedroom*?
Oh boy. /flashes back to own story where Mayson was in Clark’s apartment and how that turned out/ At least, Lois is not yet in town, or is she?

"Lana?" Clark gasped. "What are you doing here?"
jawdrop

She stepped up to him, wearing his black leather jacket. "Clark," she said. "Is that any way to greet your best friend?"
That’s odd.

Lana swept him into an embrace that seemed overdone for someone he hadn’t seen in almost two years.
More than odd.

"I gave up waiting for you to return to Smallville, Clark,"
confused

Actually, Clark hadn't missed her at all - because Lois had been there - but now didn't seem the appropriate moment to disclose that information.
Eeeehhhh…

She released his arms, spread his jacket wide, and twirled around, causing her dress to balloon out from her body. "I got this little number in a divine store in Milan. Do you like it? It's Prada."
Oh boy.

"Yes. Blondes are so ... vapid."
It’s not the hair color, Lana.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#87280 06/15/12 10:54 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"As you never bothered to send me even a Christmas card, I had to ask your parents for your address."
See, Clark really did invite her to visit him.

We're over an hour late because of your tardiness, but at the prices they charge, I'm sure they'll be able to fit us in somewhere."
Oh boy. Oh boy.

"You didn't tell me you were coming," he said, trying to sound reasonable. "I've been working all day. It's after ten o'clock."
Aaaaand?

and a simmering question about whether calling Lois to check she was home safely would be a good idea.
He should.

distaste. "You're certainly right about that," she said. "Who chose *that* outfit?"
Oh boy. Oh boy.

"What is that splattered on it?" she asked. "Something you ate for breakfast?"

Clark hastily looked down. There was nothing on his tie. Nothing that wasn't supposed to be there. "It's a flower," he said.
wave Michael

#87281 06/15/12 07:52 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You made one comment that had me rotflol Not because of what you said but because it is so shock given what is coming.
LOL, I can see why now! LOL LOL

#87282 06/17/12 12:56 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
More feedback! Thanks!

UW Impatient, hey? wink I'll get the parts to you as soon as I'm happy with them.

Vicki It's *so* good to hear from you, Vicki.

Interesting thoughts about Clark. Perhaps he was flirting with Lois.

Terry Interesting question about whether Lana is really pregnant. I knew the answer, but it took awhile to decide how to tell the readers.

How long until your seat belt gets back from the cleaners? laugh

Ken A four-sided triangle? As I read some of the FDK, I realised there are quite a few ways I could have taken this. Uhhmmm. Maybe I could fit a four-sided triangle into another fic, cause it's not going to fit here.

Michael How wonderful to be receiving your FDK again - it's always very entertaining.

But he could tell Lois that he only courted Mayson because he felt guilty for preferring Lois.
That could be an interesting conversation!

/goes making a call to FEMA/
Poor Clark.

This is…Oh dear. And did I already mention oh boy?
You mentioned so many 'oh boys', we might have to ration you for the rest of the story. wink

Elizabeth You said Lana was going to get rid of Mayson - well, *someone* got rid of her, but I don't think that was quite what you had in mind. I enjoyed the comment, though.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Corrina.

#87283 06/17/12 02:16 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oh my. Lana does need some psychological help.

I wonder whether she knows Clark's secret and therefore knows that he can not demand, or even acquiesce to, a paternity test?

An intriguing start to the story.

Joy,
Lynn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard