Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

[Linked Image]

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:40 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87090 06/04/12 09:37 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Can I just say that it helps having just watched the pilot on the Hub last night? Nice refresher. I know exactly where the differences are now, and wow! You did pretty great. hyper This should fun!! But Clark's too gentlemanly for that, isn't he? Drat.

Great chapter! And I will be reading it as you post it immediately, so... Until tomorrow then!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87091 06/05/12 04:53 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Just a minor question. I'm a little confused as to why Alt-Clark and Lois would have memories of Superman eating the bomb. Unless canon Lois told Alt-Clark about it during her brief visit. But Lois' time alterations took place after this occured so it seems like she shouldn't have any lingering memories. (I love this stuff.)

Joan

#87092 06/05/12 04:57 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Just a minor question. I'm a little confused as to why Alt-Clark and Lois would have memories of Superman eating the bomb. Unless canon Lois told Alt-Clark about it during her brief visit. But Lois' time alterations took place after this occured so it seems like she shouldn't have any lingering memories. (I love this stuff.)

Joan
Both alt-Clark and canon Clark ate bombs on their inital outtings as Superman :rolleyes: . Alt-Clark at the Mayoral Debate. Canon Clark on the Prometheus transport. Lois is remembering her Clark eatting the bomb, not alt-Clark.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87093 06/05/12 05:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: It's always nice to wake up to FDK, but this morning it was SUPER FDK. smile1 Thank you.

Can I just say that it helps having just watched the pilot on the Hub last night? Nice refresher. I know exactly where the differences are now, and wow! You did pretty great.
Thank you. blush Yep, some differences are subtle (placement of lines, and/or who spoke them), some a bit more noticeable. laugh

Clever. I did wonder about how she snuck her way onboard...
Me, too.

Clark, Clark, Clark. Ye of little faith. Nobody ever told you that no one would be looking at your face?
No, he doesn't mean being outted as Superman. He means if he fails at rescuing the transport as his first mission as Superman, he won't be much of a super man in the eyes of the people of this dimension. Plus, Lois will be dead, and he'll blame himself... so doubly bad.

Lois: YES!
Bomb: BOOM!
drool Sure, Superman, if that's the only way.

Heh. Sounds dirtier than it was meant, I'm sure.
drool over him in the Suit. He's ready for the same expression when he's Clark Kent.

Clark, you haven't seen Lois in groupie mode yet... Believe me, it could be worse.
[Linked Image]

"Woah. What was *that* for?"

"I... Uh... That's how we greet people on my planet."

"Then what's the sex like?" (By the by, my mind lives in a sewer.)
rotflol

"I don't know. What's sex? Would you like to show me?" Oooops. Wrong boards. (Me, too.)

Lois gets me.
Lois doesn't have the mental ability to keep her emotions off her face at the moment.

This should fun!! But Clark's too gentlemanly for that, isn't he? Drat.
[Linked Image]

Great chapter! And I will be reading it as you post it immediately, so... Until tomorrow then!
Thank you. Yep, Part 7 will be posting late tonight. Part 8 - late tomorrow night. Then nothing more until late Sunday night.

VirginiaR.
---
#87094 06/05/12 05:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nicely done.

I especially liked the closing - Let's go to my place, not the Planet. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87095 06/05/12 05:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KenJ:
<strong> Nicely done.

I especially liked the closing - Let's go to my place, not the Planet. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
#87096 06/05/12 06:35 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Just a minor question. I'm a little confused as to why Alt-Clark and Lois would have memories of Superman eating the bomb. Unless canon Lois told Alt-Clark about it during her brief visit. But Lois' time alterations took place after this occured so it seems like she shouldn't have any lingering memories. (I love this stuff.)

Joan
Both alt-Clark and canon Clark ate bombs on their inital outtings as Superman :rolleyes: . Alt-Clark at the Mayoral Debate. Canon Clark on the Prometheus transport. Lois is remembering her Clark eatting the bomb, not alt-Clark. [/b]
I'd forgotten about Alt-Clark's first events blush . If Lois can remember the original time line, why can't others like Perry and Jimmy? Is it because she's traveled during that time line? Kinda of like Men in Black 3?

Joan

#87097 06/05/12 06:53 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'd forgotten about Alt-Clark's first events blush . If Lois can remember the original time line, why can't others like Perry and Jimmy? Is it because she's traveled during that time line? Kinda of like Men in Black 3?
I haven't seen MIB 3 (probably wait for the video), but I do understand it has something to do with time-travel.

Lois has echoes of her original memories (I call them echoes, because they are more feelings at this point than actual memories) while the others do not, because she was WITH Clark in the past at the point when time changed, so those memories stuck with her. Everyone else's memories have been rewritten over (thus replacing) the pre-existing memories. Deja vu / intuitive leaps may happen with them as well wink but not as often (especially as this new version of events unfolds differently) and not as clearly as they do with Lois. dizzy How is that for muddying the waters? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
#87098 06/05/12 08:58 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Kinda of like Men in Black 3?
Hmm. That depends. Does Lois crave chocolate milk? wink
Yep, some differences are subtle (placement of lines, and/or who spoke them), some a bit more noticeable.
I loved picking up on them all. laugh
Oh, that's just bad. And probably not the best way to impress a girl.
It might give him an excuse to go to the bathroom at any given point in the time for the rest of his life. Super explosive gas issues... huh It could just be me. But it sounds as if "interview you for the Planet" is more like "um... *interview* you... on behalf of all the women on the planet." laugh
Chuck is another nickname for Charles (aka "Charlie").
OH! [Linked Image] Charlie!! Somehow, everytime you've said Chuck is short for Charles I'm like, "well yeah, but what does that have to do with anything?" :rolleyes: Wow. Charlie *King*. How slow am I?
He's kind of sick of girls just over him in the Suit. He's ready for the same expression when he's Clark Kent.
Yes, but nobody's seen the suit yet in this world. It's quite impressive. He can't expect her to get over it and fall for Clark just yet. (Especially when the last thing he said to her was "Snob")
"I don't know. What's sex? Would you like to show me?" Oooops. Wrong boards. (Me, too.)
rotflol He-heh. When she finds out it was Clark playing dumb, she'd kill him.
Part 7 will be posting late tonight. Part 8 - late tomorrow night. Then nothing more until late Sunday night.
I don't know why you keep reminding me of that. I'm purposely ignoring that last part so that I can claim ignorance and complain loudly the whole time when you're not posting. laugh But brownie points to you for posting so many in a row!

Wait! Four days is a long time between picking up Lois now and dropping her off at the Planet later... he really *is* going to go to her place?! shock jawdrop

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87099 06/05/12 09:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My place.

Wow. This Lois is a bit more aggressive with Superman then our Lois. I like it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#87100 06/05/12 09:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was fun. Well done.

My two favorite lines were:

“There was a bomb,” she said dumbly. “He… he…” Her brow furrowed. “He didn’t eat it?” Why would she say that?
Interesting how your use of a question mark there makes it so much funnier than if you'd put a period. Love that she asks herself why she would think that he would eat the bomb. Clark's "not this time" was cute, too.

“But I’m needed back at the Planet… on the planet, planet Earth,” Superman said, as if she would confuse her planet with any other.
Clark's mistake and quick cover-up were funny, but the "as if she would confuse her planet with any other" just cracked me up.

Looking forward to reading more...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87101 06/05/12 12:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Vicki: Thank you. Glad you're enjoying it.

Interesting how your use of a question mark there makes it so much funnier than if you'd put a period. Love that she asks herself why she would think that he would eat the bomb. Clark's "not this time" was cute, too.
Thanks. Clark was trying to avoid the previous unconscious he fell into at the Mayoral debate (of course, that was due more to Kryptonite, but why take the chance). Of course, he did get a bit of Lois mouth-to-mouth out of it, so maybe he was actually faking. shock Nah, he wouldn't do that. [Linked Image]

Clark's mistake and quick cover-up were funny, but the "as if she would confuse her planet with any other" just cracked me up.

Looking forward to reading more...
Thanks. More giggles posting tonight. Reminds me, need to prep tomorrow's part. (Tonight's ready to go.)

VirginiaR.
---
#87102 06/05/12 12:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
My place.

Wow. This Lois is a bit more aggressive with Superman then our Lois. I like it! Laura
[Linked Image] Well, this Lois has already fallen for Superman, she's already done the wallflower bit, she's passed that. Let's just think of it as long-term repressed memories. Short term repressed memories would be that CK=S; a lot more informative, but not as sticky.

VirginiaR.
---
#87103 06/05/12 12:50 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouse is back! hyper

Hmm. That depends. Does Lois crave chocolate milk?
She likes chocolate milk, she craves chocolate ice cream.

I loved picking up on them all.
clap

It might give him an excuse to go to the bathroom at any given point in the time for the rest of his life. Super explosive gas issues...
Wasn't this given as a reason for him for him being outted? Let's see... 100 Ways to Reveal a Hero Ah, yes, #59:
59. Superman ate the bomb on the Prometheus. Later on, when Clark's back at the Planet, it backfires on him... and bursts a hole through his pants, and everyone can see the tights underneath.
Hey, wait a minute. Mouse, that was your suggestion! [Linked Image]

If Lois had told him to take it off instead, we might be reading a very different story.
clap

"Oh! I... uh... left my purse back at the rocket launch... three months ago... could you fly me there?"
She's been in his arms for three monthes? Or just saw 90 sunsets?

Yes, but nobody's seen the suit yet in this world. It's quite impressive. He can't expect her to get over it and fall for Clark just yet. (Especially when the last thing he said to her was "Snob")
No, technically, the last thing she said to Clark was something along the lines as "We're not partners" as the elevator doors slamed in his face. Here it is:

“We’re not partners?” he sputtered, moving his hand.

“Nooooo!” Lois explained. “This was a one time deal, and time’s up!”

The door closed in his face.
Well, I was close.

He-heh. When she finds out it was Clark playing dumb, she'd kill him.
Wouldn't one of them already be dead because of the curse, anyway? <<ducking>>

I don't know why you keep reminding me of that. I'm purposely ignoring that last part so that I can claim ignorance and complain loudly the whole time when you're not posting. But brownie points to you for posting so many in a row!
Well, technically, I may have put in your FDK response, but it was meant for everybody, because I forgot to mention it on my initial post. blush

Wait! Four days is a long time between picking up Lois now and dropping her off at the Planet later... he really *is* going to go to her place?!
Are you talking about how long you would have waiting between Part 6 & 7 if I wasn't posting tonight? (No, I would have posted tomorrow night as usual, you just would have missed #8 posting on Fri night, it wouldn't have posted until Sun night). Or did you mean in canon? This ISN'T canon dimension; the dominoes have started to fall, things aren't necessarily going to happen as they did originally or even in the same order. Who said he'd take 4 days to get her to the DP? huh

VirginiaR.
---
#87104 06/06/12 03:08 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] I'd forgotten about Alt-Clark's first events blush . If Lois can remember the original time line, why can't others like Perry and Jimmy? Is it because she's traveled during that time line? Kinda of like Men in Black 3?
I haven't seen MIB 3 (probably wait for the video), but I do understand it has something to do with time-travel.

Lois has echoes of her original memories (I call them echoes, because they are more feelings at this point than actual memories) while the others do not, because she was WITH Clark in the past at the point when time changed, so those memories stuck with her. Everyone else's memories have been rewritten over (thus replacing) the pre-existing memories. Deja vu / intuitive leaps may happen with them as well wink but not as often (especially as this new version of events unfolds differently) and not as clearly as they do with Lois. dizzy How is that for muddying the waters? laugh [/b]
That makes sense. Lois traveled through time with Clark.

Joan

#87105 06/06/12 08:31 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great chapter: I really love all the differences with the Pilot: good job! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87106 06/06/12 09:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Great chapter: I really love all the differences with the Pilot: good job! wave
Thank you. evil

VirginiaR.
---
#87107 06/13/12 10:54 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“It would make for a great article,” Mrs. Platt had said with encouragement.

Damn straight, Lois agreed and went off to mingle.
goofy

Then everything clicked into place. “Oh, my God! It’s a bomb!”
Duh! OTOH, it might be the secondary burn stage ignition?

Well, his secret was out now, Clark thought, better make this a successful rescue or his life would be shot to hell… In more ways than one.
Yeah, if it blew up around him that might be kinda awkward to explain.

The clock was ticking under one minute now.
So, about 10-13 seconds to launch.

“Thirty seconds and counting,” announced EPRAD Control.
How could they do that on the show? laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87108 06/13/12 10:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For some reason, being near this man tied her tongue and brain into knots.
goofy

“Would you stay up on the space station?” With me? she added silently.
/remembers final scene from James Bond – Moonraker/

“But I’m needed back at the Planet… on the planet, planet Earth,” Superman said, as if she would confuse her planet with any other.
laugh

Professional behavior, Lane, or you’ll never get the interview. Lois cleared her throat.
Duh. Lois has learned in the past, that if she dresses like a professional, she gets the scoop or interview in question.

She just knew it, just as she had known he should be called Superman, just as she knew Clark was Chuck, and Jimmy would die.

Okay, well, one out of three wasn’t bad.
laugh

Too bad; it would’ve been nice to know when she was walking into danger.
Like that wouldn’t be a wasted gift.

Of course, then she might grow to rely on this feeling and stop thinking for herself, using her innate reporter’s instinct.
Could be a fun game though, for the powers that be: What win’s out, prescient insight into danger or the willingness to ignore said danger?

Lois Lane loved Superman. Terrific, just what he needed.
/Points to playbook, Step 1/

She wasn’t joking when she said that she always got involved with her stories. Well, better Superman than Lex Luthor.
/chokes/ Sounds like Clark won’t have to be patient.

She was… and he shuddered at the thought… a groupie. He didn’t want a groupie!
goofy He really is hard to satisfy, isn’t he?

He only hoped that with her looking at him like that, he would be able to rein in his emotions and feelings and not do something stupid, like kiss her as Superman.
/is not willing to bet used penny on that one/

“Oh, no, I’m fine. I was able to get some sunlight out in space, and recharge my batteries.”
Ooooh! He’s a Toyota Prius.

Ooops, perhaps he shouldn’t have phrased it quite like that.
How about ‘anatomically correct man’?

Still, the action was more than acceptable when she did it.
Yep, he’ll take that groupie anywhere she wants. Kitchen. Shower. Bedroom. Closet. Rooftop.

“My place,” Lois replied without hesitation.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard