Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 12:27 AM
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

[Linked Image]

Comments?
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 01:37 AM
Can I just say that it helps having just watched the pilot on the Hub last night? Nice refresher. I know exactly where the differences are now, and wow! You did pretty great. hyper This should fun!! But Clark's too gentlemanly for that, isn't he? Drat.

Great chapter! And I will be reading it as you post it immediately, so... Until tomorrow then!
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 08:53 AM
Just a minor question. I'm a little confused as to why Alt-Clark and Lois would have memories of Superman eating the bomb. Unless canon Lois told Alt-Clark about it during her brief visit. But Lois' time alterations took place after this occured so it seems like she shouldn't have any lingering memories. (I love this stuff.)

Joan
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 08:57 AM
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Just a minor question. I'm a little confused as to why Alt-Clark and Lois would have memories of Superman eating the bomb. Unless canon Lois told Alt-Clark about it during her brief visit. But Lois' time alterations took place after this occured so it seems like she shouldn't have any lingering memories. (I love this stuff.)

Joan
Both alt-Clark and canon Clark ate bombs on their inital outtings as Superman :rolleyes: . Alt-Clark at the Mayoral Debate. Canon Clark on the Prometheus transport. Lois is remembering her Clark eatting the bomb, not alt-Clark.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 09:29 AM
Mouserocks: It's always nice to wake up to FDK, but this morning it was SUPER FDK. smile1 Thank you.

Can I just say that it helps having just watched the pilot on the Hub last night? Nice refresher. I know exactly where the differences are now, and wow! You did pretty great.
Thank you. blush Yep, some differences are subtle (placement of lines, and/or who spoke them), some a bit more noticeable. laugh

Clever. I did wonder about how she snuck her way onboard...
Me, too.

Clark, Clark, Clark. Ye of little faith. Nobody ever told you that no one would be looking at your face?
No, he doesn't mean being outted as Superman. He means if he fails at rescuing the transport as his first mission as Superman, he won't be much of a super man in the eyes of the people of this dimension. Plus, Lois will be dead, and he'll blame himself... so doubly bad.

Lois: YES!
Bomb: BOOM!
drool Sure, Superman, if that's the only way.

Heh. Sounds dirtier than it was meant, I'm sure.
drool over him in the Suit. He's ready for the same expression when he's Clark Kent.

Clark, you haven't seen Lois in groupie mode yet... Believe me, it could be worse.
[Linked Image]

"Woah. What was *that* for?"

"I... Uh... That's how we greet people on my planet."

"Then what's the sex like?" (By the by, my mind lives in a sewer.)
rotflol

"I don't know. What's sex? Would you like to show me?" Oooops. Wrong boards. (Me, too.)

Lois gets me.
Lois doesn't have the mental ability to keep her emotions off her face at the moment.

This should fun!! But Clark's too gentlemanly for that, isn't he? Drat.
[Linked Image]

Great chapter! And I will be reading it as you post it immediately, so... Until tomorrow then!
Thank you. Yep, Part 7 will be posting late tonight. Part 8 - late tomorrow night. Then nothing more until late Sunday night.
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 09:54 AM
Nicely done.

I especially liked the closing - Let's go to my place, not the Planet. dance
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 09:56 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KenJ:
<strong> Nicely done.

I especially liked the closing - Let's go to my place, not the Planet. smile1
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 10:35 AM
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Just a minor question. I'm a little confused as to why Alt-Clark and Lois would have memories of Superman eating the bomb. Unless canon Lois told Alt-Clark about it during her brief visit. But Lois' time alterations took place after this occured so it seems like she shouldn't have any lingering memories. (I love this stuff.)

Joan
Both alt-Clark and canon Clark ate bombs on their inital outtings as Superman :rolleyes: . Alt-Clark at the Mayoral Debate. Canon Clark on the Prometheus transport. Lois is remembering her Clark eatting the bomb, not alt-Clark. [/b]
I'd forgotten about Alt-Clark's first events blush . If Lois can remember the original time line, why can't others like Perry and Jimmy? Is it because she's traveled during that time line? Kinda of like Men in Black 3?

Joan
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 10:53 AM
I'd forgotten about Alt-Clark's first events blush . If Lois can remember the original time line, why can't others like Perry and Jimmy? Is it because she's traveled during that time line? Kinda of like Men in Black 3?
I haven't seen MIB 3 (probably wait for the video), but I do understand it has something to do with time-travel.

Lois has echoes of her original memories (I call them echoes, because they are more feelings at this point than actual memories) while the others do not, because she was WITH Clark in the past at the point when time changed, so those memories stuck with her. Everyone else's memories have been rewritten over (thus replacing) the pre-existing memories. Deja vu / intuitive leaps may happen with them as well wink but not as often (especially as this new version of events unfolds differently) and not as clearly as they do with Lois. dizzy How is that for muddying the waters? laugh
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 12:58 PM
Kinda of like Men in Black 3?
Hmm. That depends. Does Lois crave chocolate milk? wink
Yep, some differences are subtle (placement of lines, and/or who spoke them), some a bit more noticeable.
I loved picking up on them all. laugh
Oh, that's just bad. And probably not the best way to impress a girl.
It might give him an excuse to go to the bathroom at any given point in the time for the rest of his life. Super explosive gas issues... huh It could just be me. But it sounds as if "interview you for the Planet" is more like "um... *interview* you... on behalf of all the women on the planet." laugh
Chuck is another nickname for Charles (aka "Charlie").
OH! [Linked Image] Charlie!! Somehow, everytime you've said Chuck is short for Charles I'm like, "well yeah, but what does that have to do with anything?" :rolleyes: Wow. Charlie *King*. How slow am I?
He's kind of sick of girls just over him in the Suit. He's ready for the same expression when he's Clark Kent.
Yes, but nobody's seen the suit yet in this world. It's quite impressive. He can't expect her to get over it and fall for Clark just yet. (Especially when the last thing he said to her was "Snob")
"I don't know. What's sex? Would you like to show me?" Oooops. Wrong boards. (Me, too.)
rotflol He-heh. When she finds out it was Clark playing dumb, she'd kill him.
Part 7 will be posting late tonight. Part 8 - late tomorrow night. Then nothing more until late Sunday night.
I don't know why you keep reminding me of that. I'm purposely ignoring that last part so that I can claim ignorance and complain loudly the whole time when you're not posting. laugh But brownie points to you for posting so many in a row!

Wait! Four days is a long time between picking up Lois now and dropping her off at the Planet later... he really *is* going to go to her place?! shock jawdrop
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 01:06 PM
My place.

Wow. This Lois is a bit more aggressive with Superman then our Lois. I like it! Laura
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 01:48 PM
This was fun. Well done.

My two favorite lines were:

“There was a bomb,” she said dumbly. “He… he…” Her brow furrowed. “He didn’t eat it?” Why would she say that?
Interesting how your use of a question mark there makes it so much funnier than if you'd put a period. Love that she asks herself why she would think that he would eat the bomb. Clark's "not this time" was cute, too.

“But I’m needed back at the Planet… on the planet, planet Earth,” Superman said, as if she would confuse her planet with any other.
Clark's mistake and quick cover-up were funny, but the "as if she would confuse her planet with any other" just cracked me up.

Looking forward to reading more...
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 04:19 PM
Vicki: Thank you. Glad you're enjoying it.

Interesting how your use of a question mark there makes it so much funnier than if you'd put a period. Love that she asks herself why she would think that he would eat the bomb. Clark's "not this time" was cute, too.
Thanks. Clark was trying to avoid the previous unconscious he fell into at the Mayoral debate (of course, that was due more to Kryptonite, but why take the chance). Of course, he did get a bit of Lois mouth-to-mouth out of it, so maybe he was actually faking. shock Nah, he wouldn't do that. [Linked Image]

Clark's mistake and quick cover-up were funny, but the "as if she would confuse her planet with any other" just cracked me up.

Looking forward to reading more...
Thanks. More giggles posting tonight. Reminds me, need to prep tomorrow's part. (Tonight's ready to go.)
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Laurach:
My place.

Wow. This Lois is a bit more aggressive with Superman then our Lois. I like it! Laura
[Linked Image] Well, this Lois has already fallen for Superman, she's already done the wallflower bit, she's passed that. Let's just think of it as long-term repressed memories. Short term repressed memories would be that CK=S; a lot more informative, but not as sticky.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/05/12 04:50 PM
Mouse is back! hyper

Hmm. That depends. Does Lois crave chocolate milk?
She likes chocolate milk, she craves chocolate ice cream.

I loved picking up on them all.
clap

It might give him an excuse to go to the bathroom at any given point in the time for the rest of his life. Super explosive gas issues...
Wasn't this given as a reason for him for him being outted? Let's see... 100 Ways to Reveal a Hero Ah, yes, #59:
59. Superman ate the bomb on the Prometheus. Later on, when Clark's back at the Planet, it backfires on him... and bursts a hole through his pants, and everyone can see the tights underneath.
Hey, wait a minute. Mouse, that was your suggestion! [Linked Image]

If Lois had told him to take it off instead, we might be reading a very different story.
clap

"Oh! I... uh... left my purse back at the rocket launch... three months ago... could you fly me there?"
She's been in his arms for three monthes? Or just saw 90 sunsets?

Yes, but nobody's seen the suit yet in this world. It's quite impressive. He can't expect her to get over it and fall for Clark just yet. (Especially when the last thing he said to her was "Snob")
No, technically, the last thing she said to Clark was something along the lines as "We're not partners" as the elevator doors slamed in his face. Here it is:

“We’re not partners?” he sputtered, moving his hand.

“Nooooo!” Lois explained. “This was a one time deal, and time’s up!”

The door closed in his face.
Well, I was close.

He-heh. When she finds out it was Clark playing dumb, she'd kill him.
Wouldn't one of them already be dead because of the curse, anyway? <<ducking>>

I don't know why you keep reminding me of that. I'm purposely ignoring that last part so that I can claim ignorance and complain loudly the whole time when you're not posting. But brownie points to you for posting so many in a row!
Well, technically, I may have put in your FDK response, but it was meant for everybody, because I forgot to mention it on my initial post. blush

Wait! Four days is a long time between picking up Lois now and dropping her off at the Planet later... he really *is* going to go to her place?!
Are you talking about how long you would have waiting between Part 6 & 7 if I wasn't posting tonight? (No, I would have posted tomorrow night as usual, you just would have missed #8 posting on Fri night, it wouldn't have posted until Sun night). Or did you mean in canon? This ISN'T canon dimension; the dominoes have started to fall, things aren't necessarily going to happen as they did originally or even in the same order. Who said he'd take 4 days to get her to the DP? huh
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/06/12 07:08 AM
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] I'd forgotten about Alt-Clark's first events blush . If Lois can remember the original time line, why can't others like Perry and Jimmy? Is it because she's traveled during that time line? Kinda of like Men in Black 3?
I haven't seen MIB 3 (probably wait for the video), but I do understand it has something to do with time-travel.

Lois has echoes of her original memories (I call them echoes, because they are more feelings at this point than actual memories) while the others do not, because she was WITH Clark in the past at the point when time changed, so those memories stuck with her. Everyone else's memories have been rewritten over (thus replacing) the pre-existing memories. Deja vu / intuitive leaps may happen with them as well wink but not as often (especially as this new version of events unfolds differently) and not as clearly as they do with Lois. dizzy How is that for muddying the waters? laugh [/b]
That makes sense. Lois traveled through time with Clark.

Joan
Posted By: Sydney Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/06/12 12:31 PM
Great chapter: I really love all the differences with the Pilot: good job! wave
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/06/12 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Sydney:
Great chapter: I really love all the differences with the Pilot: good job! wave
Thank you. evil
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/13/12 02:54 PM
“It would make for a great article,” Mrs. Platt had said with encouragement.

Damn straight, Lois agreed and went off to mingle.
goofy

Then everything clicked into place. “Oh, my God! It’s a bomb!”
Duh! OTOH, it might be the secondary burn stage ignition?

Well, his secret was out now, Clark thought, better make this a successful rescue or his life would be shot to hell… In more ways than one.
Yeah, if it blew up around him that might be kinda awkward to explain.

The clock was ticking under one minute now.
So, about 10-13 seconds to launch.

“Thirty seconds and counting,” announced EPRAD Control.
How could they do that on the show? laugh
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/13/12 02:56 PM
For some reason, being near this man tied her tongue and brain into knots.
goofy

“Would you stay up on the space station?” With me? she added silently.
/remembers final scene from James Bond – Moonraker/

“But I’m needed back at the Planet… on the planet, planet Earth,” Superman said, as if she would confuse her planet with any other.
laugh

Professional behavior, Lane, or you’ll never get the interview. Lois cleared her throat.
Duh. Lois has learned in the past, that if she dresses like a professional, she gets the scoop or interview in question.

She just knew it, just as she had known he should be called Superman, just as she knew Clark was Chuck, and Jimmy would die.

Okay, well, one out of three wasn’t bad.
laugh

Too bad; it would’ve been nice to know when she was walking into danger.
Like that wouldn’t be a wasted gift.

Of course, then she might grow to rely on this feeling and stop thinking for herself, using her innate reporter’s instinct.
Could be a fun game though, for the powers that be: What win’s out, prescient insight into danger or the willingness to ignore said danger?

Lois Lane loved Superman. Terrific, just what he needed.
/Points to playbook, Step 1/

She wasn’t joking when she said that she always got involved with her stories. Well, better Superman than Lex Luthor.
/chokes/ Sounds like Clark won’t have to be patient.

She was… and he shuddered at the thought… a groupie. He didn’t want a groupie!
goofy He really is hard to satisfy, isn’t he?

He only hoped that with her looking at him like that, he would be able to rein in his emotions and feelings and not do something stupid, like kiss her as Superman.
/is not willing to bet used penny on that one/

“Oh, no, I’m fine. I was able to get some sunlight out in space, and recharge my batteries.”
Ooooh! He’s a Toyota Prius.

Ooops, perhaps he shouldn’t have phrased it quite like that.
How about ‘anatomically correct man’?

Still, the action was more than acceptable when she did it.
Yep, he’ll take that groupie anywhere she wants. Kitchen. Shower. Bedroom. Closet. Rooftop.

“My place,” Lois replied without hesitation.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/13/12 05:09 PM
Michael's Here! hyper Time for the fun.

She’s fun. Since I prefer not to use the word ‘good’.
Fun works. Good, not so much. wink

They’re actually sending non-scientists up?
"Colonists" to me says there are non-scientists.

/imagines Lois talking to someone about just how likely they are to die on the way up.
Probably not a good thing to say since she's the one who finds the bomb.

See, Lois? Love exists and always wins out. You should try it some time. What’s the worst that could happen? Alpine fortress? Asteroid shelter? Leash?
Just because other people are fools, does that mean she should jump off the cliff too?

She really isn’t one of the science people, is she? Is she part of the relaxation program for the male-staffed Station Council Board?
Well, I'm sure she meant shorts and t-shirt, not nothing, nothing. Probably just administrative help.

/imagines Lois holding up a sign reading ‘Gotcha, Star’.
But that would mean that Lois acknowledges the existance and almost equality of the Met. Star to the DP, which she would never do.

You know, I do wonder what the writers had been thinking. Then again, nobody watches LnC for its A-plot.
You never know while flying around and working on something in the electrical compartment, if the shuttle will hit turbulance and someone will need to sit down and buckle up.

He should have ordered her to go on the space station and told her that Kent here would cover her stories while she’s up.
Nah, she would have insisted on doing both.

Duh! OTOH, it might be the secondary burn stage ignition?
Would they have installed it slightly tilted?

Yeah, if it blew up around him that might be kinda awkward to explain.
Plus, Lois would be dead and that would be a bummer.

So, about 10-13 seconds to launch.
I believe the difference between the launch clock and the bomb clock is closer to 30 seconds.

How could they do that on the show? Or did Tempus actually erect a timebubble in there.
Why would Tempus want to delay the launch? To save his own skin that he doesn't know about? Plus, sorry, Tempus still DOA in this dimension.

He’s early.
Well, he had a head start and he only had to fly across town instead of 1/2 way across the country.

She had him before ‘hello’?
Yes, but *she* doesn't know that.

Stay up there and phone the story in using the station’s on board radio equipment?
Why not? I think that's why canon Lois did.

Also, she can go to space anytime. All she needs is a space suit.
Nah, this Clark wouldn't risk it.

/remembers final scene from James Bond – Moonraker/
Yes, S1 Superman and Lois do have a bit of a Bond and Bond girl relationship (without all that pesky sex).

Duh. Lois has learned in the past, that if she dresses like a professional, she gets the scoop or interview in question.
Nobody serious wants to be interviewed by a bimbo.

Like that wouldn’t be a wasted gift.
clap

Could be a fun game though, for the powers that be: What win’s out, prescient insight into danger or the willingness to ignore said danger?
Again, best intentions are not always what happens in heat of the moment.

/Points to playbook, Step 1/
/Pst. can alt-Clark borrow yours? He never got one./

/chokes/ Sounds like Clark won’t have to be patient.
[Linked Image]

He really is hard to satisfy, isn’t he?
A bit.

/is not willing to bet used penny on that one/
[Linked Image]

Ooooh! He’s a Toyota Prius.
rotflol Don't be silly, Michael. A FLYING Toyota Prius.

How about ‘anatomically correct man’?
I don't think he really needs to state the obvious, does he?

Yep, he’ll take that groupie anywhere she wants. Kitchen. Shower. Bedroom. Closet. Rooftop.
[Linked Image]

Didn’t you kind of imply that Fast Lane is not appropriate here?
[Linked Image]

And do I really have to wait until I open part 7 to find out how it will continue?
Yes. peep

(I mean I could tell you that they now spend the next three day having a flying boinkfest, after which Lois will discover CK=S, they will argue for about 20 parts, until she finally forgives him, they ask Cat to join a three... oh, wait, [Linked Image] Gfic boards. Have I been posting this story on the Gfic boards? Oh, me, oh my? I can't post those parts now... Hmmmm. Well, I'll just send them to the burning trash heap and find something else to post. Thanks for letting me Spoiler-filled recap, and can you apologize to Tank for me for having Clark impregnanting the entire DP staff... and hiring Jimmy and about 3 of his clones as their full-time nannies.) [Linked Image]
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/14/12 03:36 PM
"Colonists" to me says there are non-scientists.
They have *way* too much money. Then again, they did upgrade their first space colony within three short years to a really massive orbital habitat.

Probably not a good thing to say since she's the one who finds the bomb.
"No, your honor, I did not mean to imply that *I* am responsible for the bomb. I was only trying to scam my way aboard."

Just because other people are fools, does that mean she should jump off the cliff too?
But look, there's water down at the bottom:
[Linked Image]

quote:She really isn’t one of the science people, is she? Is she part of the relaxation program for the male-staffed Station Council Board?

Well, I'm sure she meant shorts and t-shirt, not nothing, nothing. Probably just administrative help.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/15/12 12:19 PM
They have *way* too much money. Then again, they did upgrade their first space colony within three short years to a really massive orbital habitat.
No, I was thinking these were the pre-moneyed colonists. You know the ones the moneyed people sent up first to make sure that they survived and didn't become fat or anything before they tried it.

"No, your honor, I did not mean to imply that *I* am responsible for the bomb. I was only trying to scam my way aboard."
clap Exactly.

But look, there's water down at the bottom:
Are you saying that Lois leaps into the water before testing it's depth?

Until the Star drives the DP into ruin.
And she only noticed them then because of Linda King.

/pokes explanation and tries to look convinced/
<<chuckle>>

Umm... You started the countdown for the shuttle with 45 seconds. A few moments (1-5 seconds) later, Lois noticed the countdown of the bomb at a minute and a half (75-90 seconds). So, the two counters are 30-45 seconds apart. So, yeah, best case, it's 30 seconds to launch. But only if you go really low.
Okay, I rechecked on the show. Lois noticed the bomb at 37 seconds to launch. The timer stood at 120 seconds. And then, at the countdown at 29 seconds, the bomb stood at 32 seconds. So, while time for Lois was 90 seconds, time outside the shuttle only inched forward a mere 12 seconds, or so. That's 7.5x normal time. Are you still trying to convince me that there wasn't a time device active on board, as well?
Oh, THAT time space bubble. Maybe. wink

Michael: He had her before "Hello"
Me: Yes, but *she* doesn't know that.

He should tell her?
Maybe he will. evil Or maybe, he won't have to.

I *so* need a non-sarcasm smiley.
What? You've been sarcastic?

Yes, S1 Superman and Lois do have a bit of a Bond and Bond girl relationship (without all that pesky sex).

/believes someone missed a point there along the way/
Possbily. laugh But I did find this... [Linked Image]

Michael:Duh. Lois has learned in the past, that if she dresses like a professional, she gets the scoop or interview in question.

ME: Nobody serious wants to be interviewed by a bimbo.

'professional'.
wallbash Right, of course. Sorry.

Michael: /Points to playbook, Step 1/

Me: /Pst. can alt-Clark borrow yours? He never got one./

/hands it over/
Alt-Clark: <turns over book and flips quickly through it>. "I don't understand. Is it supposed to be blank?"

Is he going to need to borrow protection, next? He never joined the boyscouts, did he?
Protection? Why would he need that? He and Lois are from different planets? <<ducking>> And why would he join the BoyScouts? The male-female ratio is really BAD.

Rather spent his time in his girlscout girlfriend's tent?
Rachel was never his "girlfriend", only a friend who was a girl. Lana didn't really like all the work she had to do to earn stuff in scouts, plus she got upset when she learned the GirlScouts didn't get the cookies for free, and never joined. Technically, SHE was his first and only real girlfriend.

You really have a bad opinion of alt-Clark, don't you? He's really not that bad of a guy. Just trying to find his way in the world, the best way he can.

Lois is rather oblivious when it comes to the finer details of Superman's anatomy?
She's discovered that if she looks anywhere other than into Superman's eyes, she cannot form a complete thought, let alone remember her name or any questions for her article. There's a reason to her madness. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/15/12 01:40 PM
No, I was thinking these were the pre-moneyed colonists. You know the ones the moneyed people sent up first to make sure that they survived and didn't become fat or anything before they tried it.
You mean, like monkeys? Also, was talking about them as in the space program.

Are you saying that Lois leaps into the water before testing it's depth?
Why would I ever even consider to imply such a thing?

But I did find this...
I *know*. And finally, a reason to use it.

Alt-Clark: <turns over book and flips quickly through it>. "I don't understand. Is it supposed to be blank?"
He really doesn't understand the all's-fair-in-love-and-war concept, does he?

You really have a bad opinion of alt-Clark, don't you? He's really not that bad of a guy. Just trying to find his way in the world, the best way he can.
/shrugs/ He's fun to poke at. Plus, he once slept with a drugged and married Lois. /pokes some more/ Then again, considering what he did and did not do in part 7, one has to wonder... Jimmy probably shouldn't get to cozy with him.

There's a reason to her madness.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/16/12 11:25 PM
You mean, like monkeys? Also, was talking about them as in the space program.
First generation past monkeys. Like long term monkeys.

He really doesn't understand the all's-fair-in-love-and-war concept, does he?
Actually, as a matter of fact... he's horrible at it. But he's really trying to learn.

/shrugs/ He's fun to poke at. Plus, he once slept with a drugged and married Lois. /pokes some more/ Then again, considering what he did and did not do in part 7, one has to wonder... Jimmy probably shouldn't get to cozy with him.
DIFFERENT alt-Clark, Michael! Um... You don't think Jimmy and Clark should be friends? shock Is this because he doesn't want to date Cat? Or are you just trying to please Tank? Or is it one of those Kryptonian things? jump wink
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/17/12 03:52 AM
quote: He really doesn't understand the all's-fair-in-love-and-war concept, does he?

Actually, as a matter of fact... he's horrible at it. But he's really trying to learn.
Imagines Clark in front of a multiple choice test: So, when a criminal Lex and Lois run away and Lois tells me to shove it, I do...
a) Nothing
b) Wish them all the best for the future
c) Carry Lex to the police precinct
Hmm... a)?

DIFFERENT alt-Clark, Michael!
Hmm...Oh? So, when did their timeline split and what was the trigger?

Or is it one of those Kryptonian things?
Yes, they separate pleasure and procreation.

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/17/12 05:36 PM
Imagines Clark in front of a multiple choice test: So, when a criminal Lex and Lois run away and Lois tells me to shove it, I do...
a) Nothing
b) Wish them all the best for the future
c) Carry Lex to the police precinct
Hmm... a)?
You really don't know how apt this question is right now. I want to pose my current writing delima on the boards as a question, but I don't know how to phrase it to not have spoilers. frown At least I have Super betas to help me out. I think I'll do when I got to the help scene and just write out different reactions and see which one fit best. Of course, one Beta chose one option and another Beta chose another option, so I almost ended up having a "chose your own" part for the story. Instead I ended up combining the best lines and actions from both. Well, we'll see if it meshed together well enough but not for... Never mind. laugh I don't think that will really work for this current scene I'm working on. wallbash As the reactions I'm thinking of are "right" and "left" on the spectrum.

So, F) at super speed Clark kills Lex, makes it looks like suicide, and flies off into the sunset with Lois, against her will? (BTW - d. would have been ALL of the Above, and e - NONE of the above).

DIFFERENT alt-Clark, Michael!

Hmm...Oh? So, when did their timeline split and what was the trigger?
No, Michael, DIFFERENT story. Same alt-Clark, different story. There's no IDT Sickness in this story either, 'cause BOY that would really suck for alt-Clark. thud

Yes, they separate pleasure and procreation.
Test tube babies. How unfun is THAT?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/18/12 12:55 PM
so I almost ended up having a "chose your own" part for the story.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/18/12 10:05 PM
That could get awkward with a story that's already 70 parts long.
<<counting on fingers>> I've posted 12, 13 goes up tonight if the boards don't disappear again, I've just finished writing Part 30... Oh, you must have gotten my outline the last time you broke my firewall. laugh

/psst. There's a reason I broke this story into three books. Actually, if I had known HOW long Wrong Clark wanted to be I would have broken it into my bite-sized pieces... Like Nan's Home series... The THREE books are very different actually. wink /

So, F) at super speed Clark kills Lex, makes it looks like suicide, and flies off into the sunset with Lois, against her will?

clap True, but do we really want his off-spring, test-tube or not.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plus, someone in the story did mention something about a science-experiment gone wrong.
In my story, Clark says he NOT a science-experiment gone wrong.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/19/12 01:36 PM
True, but do we really want his off-spring, test-tube or not.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/19/12 10:54 PM
Next generation super villain, so Lois and Clark's offspring won't get bored. Plus, Little Lois will need a boyfriend when she gets 16.
Why could I see this as a story? How to make Dad really hate your boyfriend before he met him.

LiL: "Dad! You'd hate anyone I brought home."

Clark: "Honey, you've brought home an Olsen, and even a Wayne and I never batted an eye. This is different."

LiL: "How can Norbert be any different?"

Lois: "Just trust us, honey, he's bad news."

LiL: "But, Mom, he was sent to Iowa in a spaceship, just like Dad. Raised by farmers, just like Dad. And he knows how to fly, just like Dad! He's soooooo Cool."

Lois: "Genetics, honey. Trust us, he's *not* like your father."

LiL: "Well, I'm going to date him, whether you like it or not."

Clark: "Over my dead body!"

Norbert: "That can be arranged."

Okay, I'm using up all my creative juices on this. I should put this to better use... Like Part 31. wave

Oh, wait, there's more...

Yes, but can you believe someone who protests that much? Plus, it's good for entertainment to knock down his self-confidence?
This Clark has self-confidence? huh
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/20/12 12:24 PM
Okay, I'm using up all my creative juices on this. I should put this to better use...
There's got to be a vignette (15-20 parts) in there somewhere. Plus, I live the shortened name (LiL). Wonder if they might actually continue to evolve it to Lilo or Lilly. wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/20/12 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Darth Michael: There's got to be a vignette (15-20 parts) in there somewhere. Plus, I live the shortened name (LiL). Wonder if they might actually continue to evolve it to Lilo or Lilly.
laugh Oh, dear. I'm starting to get a reputation for long rambling stories. blush Should I add that to my ideas list (which is actually quite a short list, but the stories on it are long - currently includes: Book 3, sequel to ML, and thought bunny for a NK arc Nfic - oh, yeah, and summer fictathon "water fight" unploted fic)? Maybe we should post it as a challenge if you wanted to read it before the end of decade.

I was thinking the same thing about her name. Or should it be Li'L = for Little Lois? wink Of course, naming their daughter that is just asking for trouble, wouldn't it?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 06/20/12 02:20 PM
Of course, naming their daughter that is just asking for trouble, wouldn't it?
More than the genetics would do anyway?

wave Michael
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (6/??) - 07/07/13 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Laurach:
My place.

Is she, or did the whole trip to her place happen off screen in canon? I mean, she has changed clothes at some point between when we last see her on the space shuttle and when she shows up in the newsroom in Superman's arms. And Cat in canon thinks that Lois and Superman got very friendly on the space station.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards