Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86905 05/25/12 08:45 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Don't pass out from shock, but Alt-Clark finally arrived to the other dimension. <<dodging tomatoes>>

I will try to post every other day (at least through early July) at which time I will take a much needed collapse thud ... er... vacation. I will take up again a couple weeks later, hopefully at the same posting schedule.

This story is completely outlined / plotted out (unlike most of the stories I write), so I know where I'm going and how to get there. The problem will be more finding the time to write it all out (time without noise and interruptions and passing out from lack of sleep onto the keyboard).

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:50 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love the alternative histories with President Elvis and such. I can't wait to see Clark with his parents.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Love the alternative histories with President Elvis and such. I can't wait to see Clark with his parents.

Joan
Thank you, Joan. I was just elaborating a bit on what we had been given in canon. I wanted to show how different the two dimensions were. Before we meet the Kents, we need to get Clark a job. Should he apply as a garbage collector? A school teacher? A police officer? A super hero? A chef? A professional athlete? Oh, all right, :rolleyes: he'll be a journalist. Should I have him at the Metropolis Star? laugh Or apply at the Daily Planet? wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good job, I like the way this is working out. I am looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Good job, I like the way this is working out. I am looking forward to more soon. Laura
Thanks, Laura. Yep, no easy solutions or quick answers. More posting tomorrow night. Hmmm. Better get back to writing. wave

VirginiaR.
---
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

So, AltClark is now in another dimension, AND he is back in time to save Lois and the world in the future..... Very clever! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Hi Virginia,
Hi, Sydney! wave

So, AltClark is now in another dimension, AND he is back in time to save Lois and the world in the future..... Very clever! wave
Thank you. I'm glad you're back for Book 2. dance

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Yeah! Let it begin!! hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> Yeah! Let it begin!! hyper
Why, thanky, kind lady. The set up is complete, so the fun begins tonight. Must go write more before my posting parts catch up with me and I have to post less often. [Linked Image] I currently have a 20 part cushion, which gives me 40 days and my vacation to write another 20 parts. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] (See why I have the best Betas! notworthy I keep their lives busy.)

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I'm believe the date you're thinking of is May 17, 1866 (a hundred years before Clark was found.) Possibly. laugh Coincidently, H.G. Wells was born in 1866 as well.
Ah yes. 1866. And that's cool about Wells.
Shucky darn. Sorry, to put you through such torture. I haven't been through one of those in YEARS. I wonder if my kids are old enough to appreciate those films yet. Thinking not.
laugh Actually, I go on a BTTF bender every year. We usually do our marathon over thanksgiving break, and Star Wars marathon over winter break... because my brother and I always tend to obsess over everything, and drove my mom crazy... Your kids would probably like it, but you have to remember that 80's PG is the equivilent of our PG-13. So you might want to hold off until they know most the bad words. wink (Trust me, there's a lot more than you might remember- I'm always surprised by it.)

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Your kids would probably like it, but you have to remember that 80's PG is the equivilent of our PG-13. So you might want to hold off until they know most the bad words. wink (Trust me, there's a lot more than you might remember- I'm always surprised by it.)
Thanks for the warning. In my memory it was geared more for teenagers. I was amazed at how many swear words were in "Short Circuit" eek (which my kids loved BTW). I'll wait on BTTF as they are only 4 and 7. (We have been on many SW - Original version Episodes 4-6 - benders since the beginning of the year. My kids LOVE SW. Episodes 1-3, I think they can wait five more years on.)

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
[b] Your kids would probably like it, but you have to remember that 80's PG is the equivilent of our PG-13. So you might want to hold off until they know most the bad words. wink (Trust me, there's a lot more than you might remember- I'm always surprised by it.)
Thanks for the warning. In my memory it was geared more for teenagers. I was amazed at how many swear words were in "Short Circuit" eek (which my kids loved BTW). I'll wait on BTTF as they are only 4 and 7. (We have been on many SW - Original version Episodes 4-6 - benders since the beginning of the year. My kids LOVE SW. Episodes 1-3, I think they can wait five more years on.) [/b]
Short Circuit? eek Really? Wow. Talk about rose colored glasses. I don't remember any bad words... As far as SW goes, well, I'll always recommend them, since I essentially was nursed on the original trilogy VHS's and skipped school every time a new one came out (shh! Don't tell my teachers- though I think most of them knew, with how much I talked about/wrote about it...)

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Short Circuit? eek Really? Wow. Talk about rose colored glasses. I don't remember any bad words...
Well, okay, there was less than 5, but that was more than I expected for THAT kids' film.

As far as SW goes, well, I'll always recommend them, since I essentially was nursed on the original trilogy VHS's and skipped school every time a new one came out (shh! Don't tell my teachers- though I think most of them knew, with how much I talked about/wrote about it...)
I saw SW in the theatre when it originally came out and I was but a wee lass; so I figured if I had been old enough to see it, so were my kids. laugh Plus, it has a great female role model in it for little girls! thumbsup (Although, if I hear my daughter say she liked RotJ one more time because of the Ewoks I'm going to hurl. :rolleyes: )

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
I saw SW in the theatre when it originally came out and I was but a wee lass; so I figured if I had been old enough to see it, so were my kids. laugh Plus, it has a great female role model in it for little girls! thumbsup (Although, if I hear my daughter say she liked RotJ one more time because of the Ewoks I'm going to hurl. :rolleyes: )
Aw, I like the Ewoks. They're cute. But they're not why I love RoTJ. I love it because of everything else. :p

--Mark Twain
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi, I'm a (most of the time) lurker that loves reading epic stories. smile Loved Another Lois and enjoyed Part 1 of Wrong Clark.

I de-lurked this time because I have a question that won't go away: how are you going to deal with Clark's portfolio? I'm guessing the stories he wrote in his dimension might not work in this one very well, and although OriginalClark (from the series dimension) got a chance from Perry after writing the theater piece and not his travel stories, he still might need a portfolio for his interview.

malu

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by malu:
Hi, I'm a (most of the time) lurker that loves reading epic stories. smile Loved Another Lois and enjoyed Part 1 of Wrong Clark.

I de-lurked this time because I have a question that won't go away: how are you going to deal with Clark's portfolio? I'm guessing the stories he wrote in his dimension might not work in this one very well, and although OriginalClark (from the series dimension) got a chance from Perry after writing the theater piece and not his travel stories, he still might need a portfolio for his interview.

malu
Hi, Malu, this question will be addressed in tonight's part. [Linked Image] Thank you for reading. Glad you enjoyed Another Lois. It was difficult one to write. This one is more fun. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
A hopeless Superman was no one’s hero.
Agreed.

He would also get a chance to safely woo a Lois Lane as himself, not some celebrity hero.
Sounds like he's going to hold to the original (i.e. Canon) Clark's POV with regard to the "real self." Of course this means things are going to be difficult with her for a time.

Clark wouldn’t be stealing this dimension’s Lois from this dimension’s Clark, because this dimension’s Kal-El had died when his spaceship had crashed to Earth.

If Clark was able to win this new Lois’ heart, he would be free and clear to love her without fear that someday the rightful Clark from this dimension would show up and call foul!
OMG, can you imagine that???? I'm having a hard time visualizing the resulting situation. Probably because what I'm seeing feels so out of character for the two of them.

Well, actually the Superman Foundation had purchased the land. Clark Kent had no personal money anymore. He sighed with a shake of his head. Another facet of what his life had become.
It sounds like he's going to be happy that he can finally have control over his own cash. That's definitely an interesting facet to have to deal with.

Not only were these streets cleaner, the air fresher, and there were fewer guns in the hands of ordinary citizens, not one person asked to have their photo taken with him. Not one person asked for an autograph. No one asked for help or even for directions. Not one person stopped him. It was pure unadulterated bliss.
Ah yes, the anonymity that Canon Clark enjoyed and Alt-Clark probably will never take for granted.

In his dimension, the safest bank with the best security was the National Bank of New Troy, so using his ID and social security number from his home dimension, a tactical error he hoped wouldn’t come back to bite him on his behind, he opened checking and savings accounts, and rented a safety deposit box.
I guess it's better to learn that now than after you've applied for the Daily Planet after all.

In the privacy of the little room for people adding items to their safety deposit boxes, he changed out of the one and only blue Suit that he had brought with him. He shut it and the rest of his gold into the box. Then he did the most difficult and freeing thing he had done all day: Clark handed the box to the attendant and watched him lock it in the vault and return his key.
No pressure of the suit to remind him of how different he actually is from the rest of the world.

What if this dimension needed him – Superman him – tonight, this weekend, while the bank was closed? He wouldn’t be able to access the Suit.
Superman's taking a week off. Probably for longer than the Canon Clark went between a day off.

This dimension and his dimension shared the same history until roughly the mid-1800s, at which time something changed and the two dimensions’ histories diverged. Should he ever get bored – and Clark chuckled at that ever being a possibility – he would try to pinpoint the exact year, if not date, the two dimensions’ paths changed and the cause. He was sure Wells, with his love of history, would be intrigued.
Do you think it has anything to do with Tempus' trip into the past? I mean does that part of his history still stand?

His hand froze on the microfiche machine. It was only a blip of an article – nothing really. Page three, two columns, written by Lois Lane.

Guns in Local Gang Wars from the Congo.

Suddenly, Clark couldn’t do this anymore. He needed fresh air, because he couldn’t breathe. This Lois had been to the Congo. This Lois had written about the gun running in the Congo. This Lois made it home again, unscathed.
It looks like it just hit home just how personally different his story is from this universe's.

Wow, I hadn't actually thought that Jonathan's accident had happened before Clark had become Superman. I'm sure like many people, I thought it had happened during series (I don't remember the episode but I distinctly remember a scene where Clark was already going to visit and caught Jonathan falling off of a ladder while painting the barn.)

“Do you mind if I help with the ramp?”

The two men exchanged a conversation with their eyes. “Sure. I can’t pay you anything,” said the first man, clearly the man in charge. “Maybe Mrs. Kent can give you some dinner.”

“That’s okay, I wouldn’t want to bother her; she’s got enough on her plate right now. Anyway, I’m not looking for a handout. I just want to help,” Clark replied, truth ringing from his words. “You know, return the favor.”
Somehow I suspect Alt-Clark will be making a regular trip out to the Kent farm. Possibly becoming their surrogate son unintentionally (or maybe not, I guess we'll have to see.)

It felt good to stretch his muscles doing physical labor, farm labor, again. It felt like he had finally come home.
Yup, definitely going to be a regular guest/customer.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Christina: If things weren't difficult between Lois and Clark, there wouldn't be much of a story, would there? Boy meets girl, girl falls for him, he falls for her, the end. Nah! How about some angst instead?

Probably because what I'm seeing feels so out of character for the two of them.
Okay, you lost me here. What would be out of character? <<bites fingernails>> Alt-Clark falling for another Clark's Lois? Alt-Clark asking canon Lois to stay in his dimension because he fell in love with her? Alt-Clark almost kissing another Clark's wife? Oh, wait, THAT happened in canon already. That's why Clark moved to this dimension, no other Clark competition. wink Or so he thinks.

It sounds like he's going to be happy that he can finally have control over his own cash. That's definitely an interesting facet to have to deal with.
Kind of like a kid having to ask for money to do something, it's kind of bothersome.

I guess it's better to learn that now than after you've applied for the Daily Planet after all.
Yep.

No pressure of the suit to remind him of how different he actually is from the rest of the world.
No temptation to rush off and save someone while in the Suit before he's come up with another way to announce Superman's presence in this dimension. Plus, he needed a weekend off.

Superman's taking a week off. Probably for longer than the Canon Clark went between a day off.
Well, there were a few times in S1, when Lois mentioned that no one had seen Superman for days. So, he accomplished it at first.

Do you think it has anything to do with Tempus' trip into the past? I mean does that part of his history still stand?
The American Civil War (1861-1865) was different. Tempus was sent into the past in 1866. Since the doorway into the past (pre 1966) is currently sealed shut. Canon dimension and this alt-canon-dimension share a past May 16, 1966 and before.

Wow, I hadn't actually thought that Jonathan's accident had happened before Clark had become Superman. I'm sure like many people, I thought it had happened during series (I don't remember the episode but I distinctly remember a scene where Clark was already going to visit and caught Jonathan falling off of a ladder while painting the barn.)
"Madame Ex" when Clark comes to discuss Lois saying that she was fine despite her failed wedding to Lex. But that was with a CK in dimension. With no CK to paint the barn for him on a regular basis, this Jonathan painted it a couple of years earlier.

Somehow I suspect Alt-Clark will be making a regular trip out to the Kent farm. Possibly becoming their surrogate son unintentionally (or maybe not, I guess we'll have to see.)
[Linked Image]

Thanks for the detailed FDK, Christina. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My kids LOVE Star Wars. Episodes 1-3, I think they can wait five more years on.
As far as I'm concerned, Episodes 1-3 never happened. Jar-Jar Binks ensured that.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
My kids LOVE Star Wars. Episodes 1-3, I think they can wait five more years on.
As far as I'm concerned, Episodes 1-3 never happened. Jar-Jar Binks ensured that.
Of the three Part 2 was definately the best (of these 3), Jar-Jar excluded. One was annoying (except for the light saber duel), and three... well, I'm sorry, it totally canceled out Darth Vader's redemption scene in RotJ. My daughter wants to see them because she wants to see Padame / Queen Amadala (mostly because she wears cool costumes.) My daughter is very girly. I don't know where she gets it from. huh I don't own a copy of them, so it makes it all the more difficult to show those three films to her. Oh, darn. My son is just too young as they are much more violent than 4-6.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard