Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Well here we are at the end finally. I started this story a decade ago (looks like first posting I can find of it was March 05, 2002). Much has changed since then. When I originally planned this story so much was different, there was no Kryptonite and Lois just saw the Beast fall, unhurt of course she didn't know that, and confessed her love before he could reassure her. But as I was writing, sneaky Lex got Kryptonite. evil

One of the first scenes I wrote when I started writing again in April was Lex and Clark fighting, it just wouldn't leave me until I put it on paper. This meant I did something I almost never do, wrote out of order. My plans change so much while I write, the end rarely looks as planned in the beginning. So rather than rewrite, or wedge in, I normally leave it to the last. But it worked for this story.

I'm wondering if anyone has guesses to where I started new material, for those who read the older posts I did have some written material I never posted form ay back when. I'm just wondering if there's an obvious change at some point.

Anyway hope everyone enjoyed the story. As always, all comments are welcome.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was a lovely story! After reading Becky Baines' Timeless, which is a crossover from the 80's Beauty and the Beast TV series, I thought this was a nice second crossover story. thumbsup

I hope you write for the boards again and it won't take 10 years!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image] Clark survives! Lois realizes that she loves him. All is good in the kingdom!

Oh, how horrible that must have been for Lois to witness Lex and Clark falling from the tower thumbsup

Lois knew he could never give up helping, so refused to hear anything about him giving it up for her. He would tear himself apart. However, he had insisted he would continue to remain anonymous and kept himself disguised. He said he was afraid for her safety, but Lois felt that deep down inside he was afraid the kingdom would reject him again.
Poor Clark, he's found love, he's got his kingdom back, and people have accepted that he had been under a horrible curse, but he's still afraid of their rejection. clap

And Lex? He's not even a footnote in their happiness. Well done!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
they lived happily ever after.
Now, that is a proper ending. I love those words! [Linked Image]
Lovely story. Just a complaint: it was too short. I'm going to miss my daily sweet fix. [Linked Image]

Thanks Raquel for bugging you to finish this story. All her nagging was worthy it. clap

Hope to see more stories of yours. Don't take too long to write again, pleeeeaseee! grovel And get Raquel to write again, too. Co-author, maybe? wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Totally agree with Ultra Woman

Please write more. Don't wait five years for another fic!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Well I just recently got back from my trip and didn't really have time to visit the boards. That's why I posted before I left wink . Thanks for the comments everyone. Now for some specifics:

Morgana

I hope you write for the boards again and it won't take 10 years!
Thanks. I have another unfinished story that I started posting before. It's a continuation of two of my archived fics. I plan on finishing that next hopefully. After that I have a few newer ideas I might write, and a few old ones. We'll see.

VirginiaR

Awwww. I loved this whole small scene. Well done! [Clap]
I'm glad you liked it. I know I jumped around a bit but I was wanting to separate things.

Ack! Lois killed him!
evil

Anyway, I thought it fitting to imply he was afraid of rejection again because of his differences.

[Party] That's all we ever want. [Clap]
I thought that was the perfect closing line when it came to me.

Andreia

Now, that is a proper ending. I love those words! -
Can't go wrong with that ending, well not easily. evil

Lovely story. Just a complaint: it was too short. I'm going to miss my daily sweet fix. -
I'm sorry, but it is the longest I've written so far.

Hope to see more stories of yours. Don't take too long to write again, pleeeeaseee! [Grovel] And get Raquel to write again, too. Co-author, maybe? [Wink]
I mentioned before I do have some ideas. No promises though.

And now I'm going to go through the comments again, make some changes before submitting this to the archive.

Thanks again.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Very good ending! I always love stories with happy endings! smile

The climax to Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites of all time and I'm not ashamed to admit I cry when I watch it so it was nice to see the great treatment you gave it here. Love the sentence about Clark's night exploding as Lois said the magic words.

How sad and insightful and Clark all at the same time that he's afraid people would reject him again. I feel for him. This is a sweet fairy tale so it doesn't have to go into the darkness of his years alone, but I thought you wove in those truths very well throughout the story.

Great fairy tale--thanks!

T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thanks for the comments AntiKryptonite.

Very good ending! I always love stories with happy endings!
What a coincidence, me too. laugh

The climax to Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites of all time and I'm not ashamed to admit I cry when I watch it so it was nice to see the great treatment you gave it here. Love the sentence about Clark's night exploding as Lois said the magic words.
I'm glad you liked my treatment. I had to use the "It is you" recognition from there.

How sad and insightful and Clark all at the same time that he's afraid people would reject him again. I feel for him. This is a sweet fairy tale so it doesn't have to go into the darkness of his years alone, but I thought you wove in those truths very well throughout the story.
I'm glad I conveyed it well without having to delve too deep. I thought it was the right amount for the story so I'm glad you seem to agree.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard