Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
As usual comments go here. I'll just be hiding over there. peep

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, wow, my favorite part of the story so far is when she tells him about her writing the books, misunderstanding his response, and then when he almost hugs her, and she completes it for him... smile1 Very wonderfully done! It must be even more frustrating for Clark knowing that if he were still ruling, he could change things to help her out.

And of course Lex has Kryptonite! Why am I not surprised? razz Ah well, can't wait to see him get his just rewards!

Loving how this fairy tale is going!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! Clark has a friend. Lois has a friend. That's always a good way to go.

She did go out a few times to tend to her new horse, hidden just out of sight of the cabin in the forest.
I was wondering how she was going to explain the horse to her Daddy.

By the time dawn rolled around, Clark had almost convinced himself that yesterday had been just a dream. There was no way Lois had actually showed up at his castle. Better yet she had even wanted to be his friend. It was impossible. He would never see her again.
clap Love it!

Lois glanced up at the Beast quickly and saw a look of horror on his face. She stopped suddenly and looked away. She knew it, he did not approve of a woman writing and lying to get published.
Oh, Lois, always assuming the worst in people.

It took a few moments for his words to penetrate. Suddenly she realized, the look of horror was not for what *she* had done, but the situation which prevented her from acknowledging her work and profiting from it. She felt her eyes tear up and tried, unsuccessfully, to prevent herself from crying.
It's so hard to believe that anyone understands you from the get-go. clap

He moved as if to hold her, but stopped suddenly. Sensing he was afraid to touch her, Lois closed the gap and lay her head upon his chest. He encircled her with his arms and just held her. She felt so safe and protected in his arms, and eventually she was able to get her emotions in check again. They separated, but remained closer together than before.
Awwwwwwwwww.

"Thank you so much for understanding," she told the Beast. "I wanted to give you a chance to read this," she said, handing him her unpublished work. "It's going to be my next novel, and I would love to know what you think of it."

"I'm sure I'd love anything you wrote," the Beast replied, smiling.
"Gee, thanks for the unbiased opinion there, Beast," Lois teased.

Clark had almost told her his whole story then, but he was afraid. He just was unsure how to explain how he had been transformed into a monster. Besides, if he told her everything about the curse, she would probably freak out and never want to be near him again. After all, the thought that he might love her as a man loves a woman would repulse her. And she would never return his love, so there was no point. He would still remain a beast forever.
It's a good thing he's given up being pessimistic when it comes to Lois. <<shakes head>> Although, he could probably tell her about the curse, but not what the cure would be. Or tell her about being the Guardian Angel.

Of course, Clark did have another secret he could tell Lois. He could tell her that the mysterious being known as the Angel was him. But he was afraid of scaring her away. After all, she probably would not take well to the fact he was probably some abandoned fae child. Knowing he was being cowardly, Clark had held onto his secrets.
So, Lois would like him as a Beast, but an alien Beast, heaven forbid!

The story told the tale of a kind, but very lonely man who was isolated by a hideous appearance. He was very moved to see her treatment of him, and it was one of the best stories he had ever read. Especially because she had shared with him.
And here I thought he was going to read a story about the Angel and how a young woman fell in love with him at first rescue. Silly me.

She was getting on in years and it was time to stop this foolish independent streak she often exhibited. He would tame her. He knew just what would finally end her reluctance to his advances.
Yes, just what every woman wants to hear in a marriage proposal... "Well, you're getting on in years..." :rolleyes: Please, Lex, just take your tiny brain and go.

clap Postumously of course, since Lex had them all ruined or killed. No wonder Sam didn't want to confront him about his daughter. This doesn't bode well for the Beast and Lex showdown.

Oh, poor, poor, Clark. Hasn't his life been hard enough without having to deal with Lex as well? I cringe in anticipation.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thanks for the comments AntiKryptonite and VirginaR

AntiKryptonite

h, wow, my favorite part of the story so far is when she tells him about her writing the books, misunderstanding his response, and then when he almost hugs her, and she completes it for him... [Smiley] Very wonderfully done! It must be even more frustrating for Clark knowing that if he were still ruling, he could change things to help her out.
I struggled for a long time on how, or even whether, to reveal her writing to Clark. I just started babble typing, which I guess totally works for Lois but I was a bit worried about the wall of dialogue. laugh Lois is so quick to expect him to react like she expects everyone, except her father figures, she just isn't ready for acceptance. I thought it was perfect for Clark to want to hug her but not feel like he could. I'm glad it came off well.

And of course Lex has Kryptonite! Why am I not surprised?
For a long time I was determined not to bring Kryptonite it, but Lex went and found some anyway. evil

Loving how this fairy tale is going!
I can't help but wonder how you'll react to the next part. evil

VirginaR

I was wondering how she was going to explain the horse to her Daddy.
Too difficult to explain so she just keeps it hidden. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. wink

Awwwwwwwwwww. And oooops. Yeah, a floating Beast might be a bit scarier.
True, but Lois has that effect on him. laugh

Lois in babble mode.
Yeah it started as writer in babble mode, but it worked out. laugh

Oh, Lois, always assuming the worst in people.
Guess she never expected to be accepted (wow that's a mouth full wink ). Now who's underestimating who? laugh

"Gee, thanks for the unbiased opinion there, Beast," Lois teased.
Just like dear old dad huh? evil

Although, he could probably tell her about the curse, but not what the cure would be.
As if Lois would let him get away with that. evil

So, Lois would like him as a Beast, but an alien Beast, heaven forbid!
Well obviously he must be a fairy child raised by humans. Who would want to be with a fairy? evil

And here I thought he was going to read a story about the Angel and how a young woman fell in love with him at first rescue. Silly me.
Ah but she got inspired by another meeting and it touched her more than previous. Women change there minds right? devil

I'm just thinking of medals for all those jewlers who kept crushing the Kryptonite.
I was just thinking how easily the kryptonite was crushed and destroyed in Green, Green Glow of home. Plus had to emphasize Lex's dark side more. Show how dangerous he is.

Postumously of course, since Lex had them all ruined or killed. No wonder Sam didn't want to confront him about his daughter. This doesn't bode well for the Beast and Lex showdown.
People try very hard not to cross Lex, or they may just disappear.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard